Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
jake the snake and scott hall life stories are loving horrific, no wonder they turned into substance abuse for so long

the resurrection of jake the snake is a pro watch and ddp is a saint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zeta Acosta posted:

jake the snake and scott hall life stories are loving horrific, no wonder they turned into substance abuse for so long

the resurrection of jake the snake is a pro watch and ddp is a saint

I am so scared for jake the snake's health whenever he does anything remotely physical on aew

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I am so scared for jake the snake's health whenever he does anything remotely physical on aew

the poor dude is in awful shape and needs oxygen. he smoked a lot. life sucks

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I did wrestling, it's fun!

I got trained in like 1999 and wrestled about 300 matches or so

I had a pretty memorable first match when I started wrasslin but sadly no video

http://cautionlowflyingwords.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-i-met-necro-butcher.html

I'm "Flame" in this match up
https://youtu.be/sVOcgjj_e_4

https://youtu.be/kagDguycpdg
(volume warning on these)

That owns, dude! How did you go about getting trained?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Bogus Adventure posted:

That owns, dude! How did you go about getting trained?

There was an event at the local community college, we found out the promoter was a professor so we emailed him and asked if we could help out with the next show. Over the next few months we would show up and help put up chairs and tear down the ring.

This whole time we had been doing backyard wrestling and that's what lead up to the match described above.

After all that the promoter started a wrestling school. It was $1000 for 8 or 9 weeks every Saturday from noon to 9 or so. The trainer was some guy from Louisiana "All American" Jeremy Young and his "brother" Rick Christy.

All we really learned how to do was take a bump and run the ropes. All that mat wrestling and grappling poo poo? Not for me, I just wanted to do flippy poo poo and copy spots from japan that would make my freinds (not the fans) laugh

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I did wrestling, it's fun!

I got trained in like 1999 and wrestled about 300 matches or so

I had a pretty memorable first match when I started wrasslin but sadly no video

http://cautionlowflyingwords.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-i-met-necro-butcher.html

I'm "Flame" in this match up
https://youtu.be/sVOcgjj_e_4

https://youtu.be/kagDguycpdg
(volume warning on these)

Did you choose the gimmick of shifty meth-head?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Flowers for QAnon posted:

it's wrestling

its not a gimmick

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gavok posted:

For the record, the actual worst Wrestlemania is probably WM27. The one main-evented by WWE Champion the Miz.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have despised the Miz since he was on Real World, douching it up and PRETENDING to be the Miz. I have no idea how he became popular, as he has no charm whatsoever.

that's where you're wrong, marge

i ruined two perfectly good wrestlemania main events

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1363678862627000323

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lol

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I was sober as a judge thank you very much

I didn't do meth till I was done with wrestling

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I go two days without a Raw Report and the thread dies??

Don't worry, superfans, Raw Report will return... whether you want it to or not.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I heard the miz is wwe champion again.

Lol

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
I remember a promo where Stone Cold just tore Miz a new rear end in a top hat. It wasnt just the promo Austin seemed to just straigh dislike the guy on a personal level

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I heard the miz is wwe champion again.

Lol

lol it was so bad

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

FullLeatherJacket posted:

You’re the miz? Can you share your tanning regimen?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePb6FNGtU-A
This was the promo. The difference in talent between Stone Cold and the Miz is loving staggering

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
:smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUp9rJbj8ME

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

You’re the miz? Can you share your tanning regimen?

I have to fly to Florida to get it done, since in California it's legally considered blackface

Disclaimer: I actually like the Miz, as a 40-year-old he's better than most midcard WWE guys on the mic and can take dumb comedy angles and make them at least somewhat fun without sulking about it. But lmao at having him literally get beaten up by the special guest music act for a month and then suddenly he's your champion

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is Vince going to drag Undertaker out for one more match? I swear he won't be happy until he dies (no kayfabe) in the ring.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
For his part it must be hard to say no to like a million dollars for one match a year

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Raw Report April 5th, 1993

Wrestlemania IX is over! Let's see what new stories we get now. I'm looking forward to more Luna and less Doink (we can hope).

Up first it's Virgil against Bam Bam Bigelow. Anyone else remember Bam Bam best in that old NES game? I haven't played it since I was a kid, but I bet that game is pretty drat awful in 2021.

Virgil is far too normal for 1993 WWF. He looks like an actual professional athlete who doesn't understand why his opponents keep cheating and wearing strange outfits.

You heard it here first: Wrestlemania IX well go down in history as "the greatest Wrestlemania of all time." drat!

Wow! Hell of a top rope drop kick right into Bam's bigelow.

But it's not enough and Virgil gets defeated by a giant flying tubby guy.

Jerry Lawler gets teased

Yokozuna's manager claims his title loss at WIX to Hogan was only a verbal contract and, thus, not legally binding. Because, you know, the WWF is big on sticking to explicit rules and protocols.

Lil' Bobby Backlund fights friggin' Kimchee. Good Lord. Why? For who?
"Hello Kimchee. Thanks for stopping by. Let's design your costume."
"Okay, sure, any ideas?"
"Beige"
"..."
"..."
"... anything else?"
"Pith helmet."
"You're kidding me."
"Look, we've got this half-finished mask. Take it or leave it."
"Can I at least get an interesting personality?"
"Just take the mask and get the hell out of here. I have actual important work to do."

Bobert beats Kimchee so I guess that will stave off retirement for another month or two.

Jumping Jim Brunzell (who?) takes on Damien Demento solely so that they can squeeze in a "comedy" phone call bit with Rob Bartlett during the match and pad the runtime. No photo.

Jerry Lawler gets teased again

Bro Down! Beverly vs Steiner! I'm so PUMPED! Steiner! Steiner! Steiner!

Decimation! Bo Bev gets tossed like a pancake!

Now Other Beverly is getting his rear end kicked. This is so awesome.

We come back from commercial to the world's worst horsey ride.

Frankensteiner FTW.

The King Jerry Lawler continues the doofy storyline where he doesn't want to wrestle because people are making fun of him but finally he gets into his match.

After Vince asks Savage to stay calm: "Hard to calm down when it's the calm before the storm!" Macho Man, you are a TREASURE.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ah, the Beverly Brothers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKD4u0LxP1o

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stonk:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Seriously, how are the Steiners not more recognized/celebrated??? These guys are 100% my style of wrestling. Just throwing dudes like they were made or cardboard

Holy poo poo!!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:sigh:

I made it 16 seconds in before I died of douche-chill frostbite.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I made it 16 seconds in before I died of douche-chill frostbite.
:rip:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

wait, sorry I meant

REST...

IN...

PEEEEEAAAAAAACE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The Undertakers Wife reminds me of Ricky Bobby's (that Will Farrel movie) wife.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

How the gently caress do you botch that move that badly

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since Eclipse12 just finished covering WrestleMania 9, I think now's a good time to mention the most amazing album in history, WrestleMania: The Album, which came out to promote the show.

It's a loving weird album where each track is a bunch of wrestling promos with music added around it. Simon Cowell was behind it, only he didn't know anything about wrestling, so... he winged it, I guess?

The songs are all ridiculous, but the "WrestleMania" title track is mostly remembered for how it starts with a guy screaming, "Are you READY for the SURVIVOR SERIES?!" and Mean Gene repeatedly saying, "Who will survive?!" Wrong show, assholes!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eclipse12 posted:

Seriously, how are the Steiners not more recognized/celebrated??? These guys are 100% my style of wrestling. Just throwing dudes like they were made or cardboard

Scott in particular is still kinda a big name, but I think the honest answer is that other than this WWF run (plus a short period in the early 2000s) they were WCW guys, and WCW lost the war. This is also why WWE decided that Sting was a guy finally getting his shot to prove himself rather than a guy who was the face of a worldwide company for a decade, and that DDP was a funny dude who was there for a while, despite being more over when he showed up than just about anyone on their roster.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

drat i just found out that scott steiner's shoneys had to close down last year due to covid.

rip to a legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big Show just signed with AEW :psyduck:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The problem with the Miz in 2021 is that MJF does his gimmick better in every way

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Rarity posted:

Good for them. Always a fan of Big Show. Great entrance music, too. Although I'm guessing he doesn't have a lot of years left.

Scott in particular is still kinda a big name, but I think the honest answer is that other than this WWF run (plus a short period in the early 2000s) they were WCW guys, and WCW lost the war. This is also why WWE decided that Sting was a guy finally getting his shot to prove himself rather than a guy who was the face of a worldwide company for a decade, and that DDP was a funny dude who was there for a while, despite being more over when he showed up than just about anyone on their roster.

I appreciate actually getting a real answer :tipshat:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rarity posted:

Could Vince buy AEW if he wanted to?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

mfcrocker posted:

The problem with the Miz in 2021 is that MJF does his gimmick better in every way

I don't know who MJF is, but I believe you.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Could Vince buy AEW if he wanted to?

Shahid Khan is ultimately richer than Vince McMahon, so that's pretty much a no

That said, the Khans do seem like they're intending to run a vaguely profitable enterprise and don't have the same revenue streams in 2021, so WWE can keep a lot of guys around just by driving a dump truck full of money to their house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know who MJF is, but I believe you.

My dude MJF is like a 2021 Ted DiBiase, and better than the actual 2021 Ted DiBiase.