Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
While unlikely for the above reasons, I liked the pitch of Spyro being basically 'what if Bowser was Mario', a middleweight character who acts like a heavyweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

The Bloop posted:

This but Rayman

Good lord every character from those games is trash

clearly they aren't against putting ugly characters in the game, look who we just got

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bleck posted:

clearly they aren't against putting ugly characters in the game, look who we just got

oh definitely

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alxprit posted:

The reason I don't want Crash Bandicoot in Smash is because he's ugly.

They'd use his Crash 4 look which is very nice.

Also ugly didn't stop K. Rool or Ultimate Ganon

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

The Bloop posted:

oh definitely

I was trying to make a joke about the waifus and now you've wounded me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Minecraft Steve.

anyway i think spyro should be in just because it was all because of one of his spinoff games that amiibo's exist

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

K.Rool is "ugly" but he's the appropriate sort of ugly where it completely fits his character. He's not supposed to be conventionally attractive but his design sells what he's all about.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Zuzie posted:

K.Rool is "ugly" but he's the appropriate sort of ugly where it completely fits his character. He's not supposed to be conventionally attractive but his design sells what he's all about.

Yea, just like my other good friend Crash Bandicoot.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Actually you know who I'd want instead? Dr. Neo Cortex. Because it would be amazing to have the main villain of the series debut as a character before the protagonist/player character did. Also it would greatly piss off both Crash and Dr. Eggman fans.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What exactly have Eggman fans done to deserve such a thing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Bloop posted:

This but Rayman

Good lord every character from those games is trash

i've got a better idea then Rayman

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Augus posted:

???????????

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

KungFu Grip posted:

???????????

Nothing. Nothing is better than Rayman.

Bleck posted:

I was trying to make a joke about the waifus and now you've wounded me

I could make a joke about yet another Bleck take but instead I choose to post this:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Macaluso posted:

They'd use his Crash 4 look which is very nice.

Also ugly didn't stop K. Rool or Ultimate Ganon

Twilight Princess Ganon is a lot better design than lanky weird Ocarina of Time Ganon, it's such a downgrade and I wish they'd have done the different versions like with Ike.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Augus posted:

Masterclass post

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nothing. Nothing is better than Rayman.

I could make a joke about yet another Bleck take but instead I choose to post this:

I don't know why these two are getting paired up, but I'm all for it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Augus posted:

The best part about this post is he wasn't making the obvious joke, he just hosed up image leeching from a wiki.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

As I was saying...

better than rayman :colbert:

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 23, 2021

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't know why these two are getting paired up, but I'm all for it.

It’s because they’re both cocky jerks, OP

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

As I was saying...

better than rayman :colbert:

Now THIS is better than rayman

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also true

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zuzie posted:

Sakurai took a really awful design and made him actually look good. Crash is one step ahead by having a revamped design for Crash 4, so Sakurai has to barely expend any of his magic this time!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the Smash KRool is a good ugly

OG KRool is just ugly ugly

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Bloop posted:

There's some design stuff here and there they did to his overall model, but I think the biggest thing they did is how they handled his gross bloodshot eye. Not only is it way less prominent and gross, but they also allow it close/squint. I feel like the only time they did that in old games is when he'd fall over knocked out, and it was at an angle where you couldn't really see that eye anyway.

So he ends up looking much more like a proper crocodile than he ever did.

edit: Also K. Rool's running animation being on all fours is a really good touch

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
One of the reasons I love Ridley so much is because he's loving hideous

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Alxprit posted:

The reason I don't want Crash Bandicoot in Smash is because I'm still upset over a 3D platformer deciding that running towards the screen and dodging obstacles under time pressure while not zoomed out was a fun challenge.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

The Bloop posted:

Agreed - I always hated the design of k rool and never wanted him in smash because his character design sucked. But the wizards in Sakurai's employ somehow turned the janky, nasty model into something really charming!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Red Minjo posted:

The reason I don't want Crash Bandicoot in Smash is because I'm still upset over a 3D platformer deciding that running towards the screen and dodging obstacles under time pressure while not zoomed out was a fun challenge.

Funny thing is, it actually CAN be if you do it right

https://i.imgur.com/iHYvCF0.mp4

but even then I wouldn't want a whole game of that

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
good thing crash isnt a whole game of that then

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Those toward the camera sequences owned :colbert:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Crash can't be in Smash Bros because Sakurai is still upset from that time Crash stood outside Nintendo HQ with a microphone mocking Mario.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Crash is more relevant, popular and sold more on his latest game than probably most of the franchises in Smash.

That's why Sigurd is the next smash character.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Crash can't be in Smash Bros because Sakurai is still upset from that time Crash stood outside Nintendo HQ with a microphone mocking Mario.

In that case, Ty is a shoe in

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lost Vikings for Smash

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
They play like Ice Climbers, but you can swap between the active one like Pokémon Trainer. If Baleog or Olaf ever get knocked off the edge, they are straight hosed.

Lost Vikings is a good game and you should play it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sesq posted:

They play like Ice Climbers, but you can swap between the active one like Pokémon Trainer. If Baleog or Olaf ever get knocked off the edge, they are straight hosed.

Lost Vikings is a good game and you should play it.

Olaf can catch an updraft for Up-B

And yes it is very good

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Lost Vikings are Blizzard and they only want Diablo

Add Diablo and the Loot Goblin (amiibo pictured) as an Assist Trophy or stage "hazard"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rayman is at the top of my Smash wishlist because he'd have a really unique model and also it would mean that more people would buy Rayman Legends Definitive Edition which could hopefully get that game a much-deserved follow-up.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
rayman is a nice boy but specifically rayman 2 the great escape rayman where he was not rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rayman is dead, long live Rabbid Peach