Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
does anyone have a 3.13 version of steelmages bleed-gladiator ssf build/guide?
i only find delirium stuff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Pretty much this. If something is 50ex expect it to take 50ex worth of effort to farm up, especially this far into a league.

Or, at least, that the time you spend doing the farming itself is enough that you could have just farmed something close to the currency you needed anyway.

Remember that opportunity cost is a big thing and you're better off spending your currency to buy something from someone who got it efficiently than trying to get it yourself inefficiently.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is there a reference/list somewhere showing what seed numbers on Glorious Vanity correspond to which notable/small node modifiers? I know the name vs Keystone mod, and have found lists of all the notable/small node mods, but no cross reference to the seed number.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Is there a reference/list somewhere showing what seed numbers on Glorious Vanity correspond to which notable/small node modifiers? I know the name vs Keystone mod, and have found lists of all the notable/small node mods, but no cross reference to the seed number.

Not really. The seed is entirely random so you're going to have to compare it to something that someone already wrote down. And since any tree change resets the seed, stuff from previous leagues most likely isn't valid either.

I think there's a channel on TFT where you can exchange timeless jewels. But good loving luck selling them.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

A little late to the thoughts on ritual chat but I think it's something that's almost perfectly designed to go core and be a sometimes mechanic. They might need to tweak how long it takes for deferred items to show back up especially when it becomes something you see 10% of the time, though. I've definitely had a few cases where I'd forgotten I had even deferred an item by the time it shows up again and that's seeing it every map

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
RItual is good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vasudus posted:

Not really. The seed is entirely random so you're going to have to compare it to something that someone already wrote down. And since any tree change resets the seed, stuff from previous leagues most likely isn't valid either.

I think there's a channel on TFT where you can exchange timeless jewels. But good loving luck selling them.

My philosophy for buying Timeless Jewels is just get the cheapest one that'll grant the keystone I need, be thankful if any of the passive transformations actually benefit my build, and slap a Harvest implicit on there until I get one I like. Life's too short to chase that perfect seed number.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I bought two timeless jewels and burned my divines, keeping whatever one was better until I was happy with the spread. Mainly this worked because it was a brutal restraint and I didn't care about the keystone.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whypick1 posted:

My philosophy for buying Timeless Jewels is just get the cheapest one that'll grant the keystone I need, be thankful if any of the passive transformations actually benefit my build, and slap a Harvest implicit on there until I get one I like. Life's too short to chase that perfect seed number.

Yep. That's what I do. If I'm feely lucky and have like 10 divines I'll try my luck at seeds, and then most likely fail to get the keystone that I wanted back because RNG hates me, and then burn more money on divines.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

does anyone have a 3.13 version of steelmages bleed-gladiator ssf build/guide?
i only find delirium stuff...

This is the updated PoB for his (endgame) gladiator: https://pastebin.com/j0TZ9iD1

Major changes since Delirium:
Earthquake replaces Lacerate in virtually every situation, which means picking up Warcry nodes
You want a lot of bleed duration (which means medium cluster jewels) so you can have as many exerted aftershock bleeds active as possible. 8sec bleed duration is good.
The Doryani Glorious Vanity/Soultether combo is extremely broken and Glad does just enough hit damage to cap leech. If you have any room to fit it into the build you definitely should.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Vasudus posted:

Yep. That's what I do. If I'm feely lucky and have like 10 divines I'll try my luck at seeds, and then most likely fail to get the keystone that I wanted back because RNG hates me, and then burn more money on divines.

How long have timeless jewels been a thing? I only started realizing they existed like...a couple of weeks ago. Started looking at some builds that included them, and was pretty confused by them for a bit.

I think I get them now - they're pretty weird items.

I'm assuming they've been around a long time, just the builds I was looking at didn't use 'em. I've only played Delirium, Harvest, now Ritual.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

xZAOx posted:

How long have timeless jewels been a thing? I only started realizing they existed like...a couple of weeks ago. Started looking at some builds that included them, and was pretty confused by them for a bit.

I'm assuming they've been around a long time, just the builds I was looking at didn't use 'em. I've only played Delirium, Harvest, now Ritual.

Legion was June 2019 to September 2019

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A good majority of the builds out there have no need for Timeless Jewels, so not surprised you haven't come across them until now if you hadn't played Legion. Plus some of the Timeless-only keystones actually got moved onto the passive tree back in Harvest (The Agnostic, Glancing Blows, Supreme Ego, Eternal Youth and Wind Dancer).

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

As a heads up, divine orbs on timeless jewels change the seed AND the name of the general. The name of the general dictates which keystone skill you get from it. A lot of players don't realize that divine orbs change the name of the general, so sometimes if one particular skill is really popular that can drive the price of a timeless jewel with a specific general name on it up high enough that it becomes cheaper to buy any other general and divine it to the one you want. Probably not the case now this deep into a league, but something to keep in mind.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Play Chainbreaker at some point for sure. It's a nice timeless keystone, good zoomy fun, maybe the funnest thing for me in the game since Lightpoacher 1.0 was nerfed.

Also Berserk sounds like an air compressor when you hit it, which sort of rules.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Back in Legion I had a stash of like 500 timeless jewels and like four level 28 PvP Scions to test them. You can reach any set of jewel clusters as a PvP Scion, so it was easy enough to test. Despite the fact that everyone was trying to cram these jewels into their build (keystones were different, as mentioned) it was hard as gently caress to sell even the most amazing ones. And that's without pricing them - how exactly do you price them? Nobody knows, we just kinda guessed.

The only way you really knew you had a winner was when you batch listed a whole stash tab of them and the whispers came rushing in for a particular one - meaning that someone somewhere had posted the seed and it was used for a streamer's build or similar.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone thought of combining Militant Faith's Transcendence with the Replica Loreweave? I see one person on all of poe.ninja who's doing that. It seems like having the Replica Loreweave to bring your max res from 70 up to 72% while negating -res maps and giving you all those other bigtime stats seems like it could be a winning combo?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Replica Loreweave is bad, hth

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Play Chainbreaker at some point for sure. It's a nice timeless keystone, good zoomy fun, maybe the funnest thing for me in the game since Lightpoacher 1.0 was nerfed.

Also Berserk sounds like an air compressor when you hit it, which sort of rules.

chainbreaker on ballistas is the best thing for the build. Something like 10s of berserk too

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Pigbottom posted:

Uhmm interesting. That would mean giving up on Mastermind of discord and Heart of destruction which sounds like a big loss in damage, but I might consider it since I'm a pretty bad player and can use all the defense I can get. Thanks!

Sure, it's a damage loss, but damage is super duper extra NOT a problem for DI Ignite without those nodes. Take the tanky stuff and laugh at basically the entire rest of the game.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I went back and beat the maven. The fight is not that bad, but holy moly WHY do they make everything purple? The degen she puts down is also the exact same color and texture as like half the MTX in this game. If you use celestial MTX you are celestial-going-to-die in this fight.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Has anyone thought of combining Militant Faith's Transcendence with the Replica Loreweave? I see one person on all of poe.ninja who's doing that. It seems like having the Replica Loreweave to bring your max res from 70 up to 72% while negating -res maps and giving you all those other bigtime stats seems like it could be a winning combo?

Wuxi posted:

Replica Loreweave is bad, hth

Yeah, just putting in a normal Loreweave is like a ~8% reduction in DPS but a huge reduction in survivability.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This game is so tilting. "Oh! I never did a delerium during ritual!" Do the first 19 levels deathless, get to 20, die, then get insta-gibbed 5 more times trying to spawn into the map. All the textures are popping in while the mosters gangbang me at the portal. gently caress off I'm so done for this league lol...

Don't worry I'm totally addicted I'll be back next league.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Create a new instance if that happens

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah, just putting in a normal Loreweave is like a ~8% reduction in DPS but a huge reduction in survivability.

If you're running transcendence and are actually building for it, you likely have markedly more elemental survivability than physical even at 70% resists . Replica loreweave is real real bad because you can pretty trivially get to 72/71/71 if you're in the armor part of the tree with nodes you'll want to take anyway, so it's barely an improvement and it locks you out of max res mods on other gear. Loreweave gives you a ton more elemental ehp but you then need to really focus on phys elsewhere because that's your weakness with transcendence. Honestly I think lightning coil is the way to go (it's 2k13 baby), or if you're a rich one you can get phys taken as (possibly twice, possibly mavened up) on an influence chest with other juicy stuff.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

If you're running transcendence and are actually building for it, you likely have markedly more elemental survivability than physical even at 70% resists . Replica loreweave is real real bad because you can pretty trivially get to 72/71/71 if you're in the armor part of the tree with nodes you'll want to take anyway, so it's barely an improvement and it locks you out of max res mods on other gear. Loreweave gives you a ton more elemental ehp but you then need to really focus on phys elsewhere because that's your weakness with transcendence. Honestly I think lightning coil is the way to go (it's 2k13 baby), or if you're a rich one you can get phys taken as (possibly twice, possibly mavened up) on an influence chest with other juicy stuff.

You can't double up on phys taken mods anymore, so lightning coil all the way.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
So I did try to replicate that chieftan with Transcendence and while the damage is so, so, soso bad, it is also very very tanky. Like, stupidly tanky.

Like: Without / With Molten Shell (and atziri's + granite flask active on both)

This is 78% of physical taken as elemental, then 59k armor (30% lightning coil, 10% as cold redeemer helm, 11% as cold +12% as fire from a double purity of elements watcher's eye), . Even without any temporary buffs the "max hit" is still 37k phys and 220k for each element (chaos sucks cause it's at 27% unbuffed). Lightning Coil all the way if you're running Transcendence.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You haven't even started

Thats with 130k armour and no Lightning Coil

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Best I've got, not stacking phys taken as ele - but ci gladiator with overmax block + transcendence

pob skeleton: https://pastebin.com/6mpQ9etr

edit: gladiator with the anvil, 82% of the time it works all the time
edit2: offer void with DOT

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 24, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wuxi posted:

You haven't even started

Thats with 130k armour and no Lightning Coil

What the gently caress

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please knock Mom! posted:

What the gently caress

That's more or less what I had, when I made my post about Transcendence and got to a 90 min stalemate with Sirus.

Grimoire posted:

Best I've got, not stacking phys taken as ele - but ci gladiator with overmax block + transcendence

pob skeleton: https://pastebin.com/6mpQ9etr

edit: gladiator with the anvil, 82% of the time it works all the time
edit2: offer void with DOT

This on the other hand will get one shot by some random physical crit, sadly.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do any of these builds deal any real damage? Lmao

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

please knock Mom! posted:

Do any of these builds deal any real damage? Lmao

I am at least halfway convinced a golementalist could pull off Transcendence and still get in a few million shaper dps. They get a bigass chunk of true flat phys reduction.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Agreed, stone or carrion ele, stacking minimum endurance, fortify effect and/or block is possible. Saffels is an attractive option too

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Transcendence builds are made for HC deep delving. Golems will just die and you're without reliable corpse removal since you can't use an explody chest (which is the real reason Lightning Coil is bad). For any normal gameplay the survivability is completely irrelevant. And even then its hard to compete with aura stackers unless you have an insane double-corrupted shield

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
In continuing my theme of dumb questions about bad builds, I'm confused about ballista totems. Could Ballista Totems be used to apply withered for Abhorrent Interrogation? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abhorrent_Interrogation

Would they also deal more elemental damage per withered stack?

And if not, would their attacks still penetrate resistances?

Or, would they apply withered, but those wither stacks not increase damage taken, and they can still penetrate resists?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Your Hits" != "Your Totem's Hits", so no

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It looks like it'd still apply withered though right? Since that doesn't say your hits

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That should work, wiki specifically says Totems inherit curse-on-hit from your equipment, so the Wither application should also apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i saw an accuracy stacking ballista totem jugg and now i want to try one, looks insane.