Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He had full crack him open surgery, right? Pretty astonishing recovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1364297199035834369?s=21

Anyone want a slightly used Brandon Montour and something else for a competent defenseman? Help

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

tarbrush posted:

He had full crack him open surgery, right? Pretty astonishing recovery

Open Heart valve surgery.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

on one hand, very likely to be a smear against breadman

but the on the other hand

holy poo poo, panarin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTySKujt2N/

"#freedom for Navalny"

for those who don't know, dude in the centre is Alexei Navalny who is Russian fash and probably a CIA asset

many sides!

many sides!

yeah i mean navalny isn't good either but his support base is much more 'broadly people who are against putin' than 'fascists.' it's hard to expect anyone who is not already extremely cynical about politics to read much deeper into him than that. he's been glowingly exalted by the new york times, the new yorker, washington post, etc. the segment of the global population that is nuanced enough to see that level of support and still be suspicious is not extremely large and i would not expect it to include many professional athletes. panarin is, politically, probably much like most americans who have viewed the navalny discourse and been like 'well it's good that putin is being challenged,' an ostensibly well-meaning observer who vaguely believes in Freedom and Democracy and sees any popular opposition to putin as a good thing, and has joined in embracing navalny as an emblem of this.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Dallas Stars are winless since their wack-rear end statement in response to the Mavs not playing the anthem before their games anymore

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

a false posted:

yeah i mean navalny isn't good either but his support base is much more 'broadly people who are against putin' than 'fascists.' it's hard to expect anyone who is not already extremely cynical about politics to read much deeper into him than that. he's been glowingly exalted by the new york times, the new yorker, washington post, etc. the segment of the global population that is nuanced enough to see that level of support and still be suspicious is not extremely large and i would not expect it to include many professional athletes. panarin is, politically, probably much like most americans who have viewed the navalny discourse and been like 'well it's good that putin is being challenged,' an ostensibly well-meaning observer who vaguely believes in Freedom and Democracy and sees any popular opposition to putin as a good thing, and has joined in embracing navalny as an emblem of this.

no i mean navalny himself, is fash. to ignore that fact is uh, bad, even if the other guy is putin

so at best panarin either: doesn't know/doesn't care, as long as it's against putin or he *does* know but endorses him anyway

either way, not good!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Kilza posted:

They got blown out by the Bolts 6-1 on February 13, and then were fortunate that the Bolts had a bunch of self-inflicted mistakes to win 6-4 on February 15 (which easily could've been a Bolts win). Even the first game felt more like the result was due to the Bolts not really showing up that night, so :shrug:

So you're saying the Panthers beat the Lightning 2 out of 3 games because they were the better team in those games, got it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yaya posted:

The Dallas Stars are winless since their wack-rear end statement in response to the Mavs not playing the anthem before their games anymore

They should be winless since letting that piece of poo poo W into the building. Anyway, they're dead and just letting anyone walk into the zone and get a shot. They're broken and tired and the rest of the schedule is going to be more compressed for them than anyone else so I'd say they miss. At least this dumb season brough us the glory of Tron.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Aphrodite posted:

And now the Kings are one of the worst. Everyone wins!

5 game winning streak says “Sup bra?”

Team is weird. Dustin Brown on a career goal-scoring pace. Quick with 2 shutouts in last 3 starts. Vilardi finding his game (considering how close he was to hanging up the skates, everyone should cheer him) and really none of the super exciting kids are even up on the main club. Fun times.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

DJExile posted:

Florida's been fabulous defensively this year too

Everyone who plays the Red Wings is fabulous defensively

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1364334616967077888

Most of these affect the Central division, though there's some for the East and West as well.

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1364340739904331776

Kilza fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 23, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Island Nation posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised Russia didn't do this earlier like before he got drafted. I guess hiring some gentlemen from Brighton Beach didn't work.

Although the article did come from the Post so I question whether Bread, Hockey or Russia are real.

Meant to circle back around to this earlier, but I saw Brighton and now I'm picturing Niko Bellic in his track suit searching for Bread while fending off those irritating calls where he answers his phone and hears "Cousin, it is your cousin!"

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Panarin is basically the Russian equivalent of a Biden supporter.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There's a Swedish hockey drama coming to hbo. Here's a write up.

The Daily Beast: HBO's Stunning Examination of Rape and Toxic Masculinity.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/hbos-beartown-is-a-stunning-examination-of-rape-and-toxic-masculinity?source=articles&via=rss

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

CBJSprague24 posted:

Meant to circle back around to this earlier, but I saw Brighton and now I'm picturing Niko Bellic in his track suit searching for Bread while fending off those irritating calls where he answers his phone and hears "Cousin, it is your cousin!"

There's a reason why Niko and Roman start at Hove Beach in the game. Not sure how Roman's taxi would work now, he'd probably be a contractor for Luber or something.

Not sure if Panarin would've been drafted by Ashvilli or Bulgarin.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mind_Taker posted:

Panarin is basically the Russian equivalent of a Biden supporter.

Bread Man is worse than Hitler?!

Also, Dallas is absolutely not going to finish the full season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrodorsus/status/1364398851696697347?s=20

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, if you missed that Gong Show between Columbus and Chicago a couple weeks ago, fear not! They're playing it again right now.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils penalty kill is the shittiest loving unit ive ever seen in my lifetime please god make it stop

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I didn't think Columbus was going to get a point out of that and am yet disappointed they didn't get two.

Give Kevin Lankinen the Calder and Vezina already.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On the upside, the nhl finally updated their "best goals" and "best saves" clips this week to show stuff from this season!

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

something something montreal power play

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Habs are on their way to having to bench Price and play Jake Allen as a first goaltender.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamVingan/status/1364398111221837826

seems bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That was a really entertaining slate of games tonight. And I'm sure the Detroit/Nashville game is hockey of some sort

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

$10,500,000 a year for this

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That was a really entertaining slate of games tonight. And I'm sure the Detroit/Nashville game is hockey of some sort

well just hang on there, there's still Vancouver-Edmonton to see, and I'm sure that will be Very Exciting and Good Hockey

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

JawKnee posted:

well just hang on there, there's still Vancouver-Edmonton to see, and I'm sure that will be Very Exciting and Good Hockey

It will definitely be Exciting and Very. Possibly even Hockey!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/vi0HK5c.mp4

Still amazed this goal was waived off.=

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MononcQc posted:

$10,500,000 a year for this

Could be worse

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1364414799371714563

Mike Smith in vintage form tonight

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So Sportsnet put a clip on Twitter from an interview with Babcock they’re airing tomorrow where he says “I knew when Lou left, I was getting fired”

which is a fun way of indicating that he doesn’t think he did anything wrong when he did a poo poo job with the team (for a year and a half after Lou!) and was an abusive rear end in a top hat, he hasn’t learned anything, and he just thinks that Dubas didn’t like him

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

MononcQc posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vi0HK5c.mp4

Still amazed this goal was waived off.=

For goalie interference? That’s terrible. He had plenty of time to get set again and just stopped moving instead. That’s weak sauce.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

So Sportsnet put a clip on Twitter from an interview with Babcock they’re airing tomorrow where he says “I knew when Lou left, I was getting fired”

which is a fun way of indicating that he doesn’t think he did anything wrong when he did a poo poo job with the team (for a year and a half after Lou!) and was an abusive rear end in a top hat, he hasn’t learned anything, and he just thinks that Dubas didn’t like him

Sportsnet has an article up today basically saying "if I was a bully, why did Brendan Shanahan hire me" as his defense

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So does that get Benning/Green fired???

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
absolutely not

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1364451857888854018

This is truly an :lol: Canucks moment.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Is there a wildlife sanctuary where we can ship Tyler Myers so he can be with his own kind? Preferably in Africa?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/FakeOilersGM/status/1364453562403577856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps can never beat the Pens in overtime, it just doesn’t happen.

Except that one time in the playoffs and they went on to win a cup.