Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Thank you everyone for the cards and letters. I had to make to a different SA account, for reasons. But I will continue to post here with my original name. I'm making another round of postcards to send out. I try to reply to everyone I get eventually. Thank you all, I cannot express how lovely getting your letters and postcards had been during this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

13Pandora13, I got your belated Christmas card and it is only the 9th of February so you are well in time. Thank you :-)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I got goonmails from TeamLunch and Zoesdare last week!

I'm sending out belated Valentines tomorrow (since it's President's Day today), so they'll be less late than Christmas cards. :razz:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Lamb for the v-day card and Zoe's Dare for the update.
Spring is in the air, time to sit down and write responses to all of you who send me something over the last months.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Got cards in the last 48 hours from lamb and Pandora! Thanks you guys! now to write some belated responses to what I've gotten over Christmas and Valentines!

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
Thank you for the Valentines lamb! And thank you for the postcard from a while back Zoesdare, I love the bears! I'm working on sending out belated valentines to y'all. 13Pandora13 I got your card as well and am now on attempt #2 to mail it (I tried to send a padded envelope with stamps, but didn't use enough stamps lmao.)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not sure if this is the right place to ask- do we have a general mail exchange/Pen pal thread here.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask- do we have a general mail exchange/Pen pal thread here.

It's this thread! We used to do separate pen pal and holiday threads but it was generally the same people participating so now it's all one big thing.

It also used to be in GBS a long time ago and got moved to Creative Convention for reasons.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I just wanted to make sure I was in the right place.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Hey I suck and finally remembered to post thanking 3Pandora13 for tour Christmas card and lamb for the goon love mail :glomp:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I've gotten a bunch of mail lately, from Zoesdare, shrimpwhiskers, Team Lunch, frontyardninnja, pandora, and skels!

Thank you!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Last week I got valentine's from lamb and 13pandora13! Thank you both! Banging out some replies today before I go to work, I got one for you finally, Pandora.

E: zoesdare I got your card too!

Ass-penny fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 26, 2021

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the Valentines, 13Pandora13, you guessed my favorite lunch food! The stickers will go all over my sketchbooks.

Thank you for the artcard, Zoesdare! The Yucca Man is so done and so judgemental, it reminded me to sit down and work on the many replies I owe all you wonderful people.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 27, 2021

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

New post as I got a new card, from Poo in an Alleyway! Thank you!

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

I have a lot of mail to respond to! Mostly posting so nobody thinks I disappeared into the shadow realm. lol

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Oh no worries, sometimes I feel we post here to keep the thread alive so people can find it and to give the snailmail equivalent of a public "like", the actual conversations are in the writing anyway :-).
That said: instead of painting postcards for all my penpals, I am typing this.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I got cute valentines from rear end-penny and lamb, and a nice follow-up letter from 13Pandora13! Thank you all!

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

i came here from the fountain pen thread cause i like 1) writing stuff analog style 2) giving total strangers on the internet my personal information 3) making human connections in this big and lonely world we live in

my address:
2633 pleasant ave
apt 301
minneapolis, mn 55408

i would be jazzed to get whatever from whoever but please dont send penicilin as i am very allergic

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hi Lamb, I got your easter mail! Thank you!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I am behind on thanking several of you for goonmail.

I've just been... depressed. My oldest cat baby died a while back and I just can't get motivated to stay interested in much. I'm sorry I'm being such a bad goonmail friend right now.

She was 17.5 years old and I had had her for 16.5 of them. It also brings up feelings of my one I lost a few years back that was particularly hard.

I'll make it back eventually... right now I'm just going to lay at the bottom of the barrel for a while longer until I get the energy/will to work my way back up again.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Goon Love for All

Peeches
May 25, 2018

DLAO posted:

I've just been... depressed. My oldest cat baby died a while back and I just can't get motivated to stay interested in much. I'm sorry I'm being such a bad goonmail friend right now.

She was 17.5 years old and I had had her for 16.5 of them. It also brings up feelings of my one I lost a few years back that was particularly hard.

I'll make it back eventually... right now I'm just going to lay at the bottom of the barrel for a while longer until I get the energy/will to work my way back up again.

Very sorry for your loss. It'll get better :sympathy:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DLAO posted:

I'm sorry :glomp: I remember the last time you lost a kitty. It sucks.

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I'm sorry about your kitty DLAO :( Losing them is always terrible.

I did receive a valentine from 13Pandora13 (I am unsure if this is what I was referencing in my last post or not lol) and Easter mail from lamb! Thank you!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Mail came in from Shrimpwhiskers and Sharizard. This weekend I will sit down and reply!

Something else, I have been recommending people who are overwhelmed to seek out hobbies that are deliberately slow and keep you away from screens, such as seeking out pen pals. What I am trying to say is that the glacial pace of this thread and the communications that I have been having thanks to it are therapeutic to me. I hope my ramblings give you all similar joy.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

i got mail!! :O post office trip is on my to-do list for next week hope yall like garbage

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
lamb, thank you for the Easter card!

50s Girl Groupon, thank you for the card and the okonimiyaki recipe! I'll have to try this.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Sharizard thank you so much for the package! I love anything tiki/hula-related, so those cards are perfect!

I've also received mail from 50s Girl Groupon and Zoesdare, replies should go out soon!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
LAMB I just found the super cute card you sent. Thank you so much!!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got a few cards back as undeliverable, which is weird as I got the addresses off the excel sheet. I’ll be sending out another batch next week though :D

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I only got one card back as undeliverable this year. Do we have a correct address for Pershing?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

IMJack posted:

I only got one card back as undeliverable this year. Do we have a correct address for Pershing?

I also had a returned card from Pershing.

I've gotten Goonmail from Lamb, Asspenny, 50s Girl Groupon, Keetron, and Zoesdare!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the card, Lamb!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't currently have PMs, and I didn't see a way to email- how can I get an address?

I have a thing to send.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13 posted:

I don't currently have PMs, and I didn't see a way to email- how can I get an address?

I have a thing to send.

Email lamb through https://sideolamb.squarespace.com/contact

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Done! TY!

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 22, 2021

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got a postcard from lamb! I need to remember my password for the ‘gram because I love travel photos :3:

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Lamb thank you for the card!!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Thank you for the post card, Lamb!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the letter and the stickers, Meat Glitter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Lamb I got your awesome card today! Thank you! I need to send out some new drawings soon!