Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Anno posted:

I just assume it’ll be an EGS key.

I could be wrong because I sure have a lot of keys that I haven't touched, but I don't think Humble has ever offered EGS keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know why I didn't factor console sales into that :downs:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

gently caress yeah, I was just starting to get into Days Gone before I got back into PC gaming and couldn’t take the load times anymore. Like, not only have SSDs spoiled me but Days Gone had truly awful load times on the base model PS4.

Ya I only have a ps4 pro I was about to get it, heard it runs fantastically on ps5 though. Just gonna wait for Steam version now.

Also the biggest part of the Days Gone news is Jim Ryan saying they have a slate of Sony exclusives coming to PC. Hopefully most of the big hits come out, cause Sony has made some amazing games these last few years and more people need to play them.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I doubt we'll get DeS remake (maybe when the PS6 comes around) but Bloodborne seems like it's on the table now :pray:

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

OzFactor posted:

I could be wrong because I sure have a lot of keys that I haven't touched, but I don't think Humble has ever offered EGS keys.

They definitely sell them but yeah I think this would be a first forgiving them out in monthlies.

Mostly I just wonder that because the picture they used I’m the blog post is Control standard edition, which they only sell EGS keys for on their store, rather than Ultimate where they sell Steam keys.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Anno posted:

They definitely sell them but yeah I think this would be a first forgiving them out in monthlies.

Mostly I just wonder that because the picture they used I’m the blog post is Control standard edition, which they only sell EGS keys for on their store, rather than Ultimate where they sell Steam keys.

I'd bet money their social media person grabbed the first google image for "Control Game". Hmm actually they are still selling the base game on EGS so maybe:shrug:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 23, 2021

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Not sure if it was posted but Fanatical.com has the newly released Persona 5 Strikers for 18% off (both Standard and Deluxe) if anyone was interested in picking it up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone in Europe want a copy of Outward? It's region-locked and my usual person to share games with is in the US.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

Not sure if it was posted but Fanatical.com has the newly released Persona 5 Strikers for 18% off (both Standard and Deluxe) if anyone was interested in picking it up.

Also check your email if you have an active Fanatical account. They send me a 23%-off coupon!

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Anyone taking the plunge on Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos? It seems compelling enough - a Zelda:LttP/Rogue-like mashup.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

curse of the dead gods is now out of early access https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123770/Curse_of_the_Dead_Gods/

good game. not a hades knockoff, it does its own thing.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I fully expected to dislike Days Gone and was laughing at the incredibly bad cover art when I received my copy but I ended up liking it, a lot in places. Riding the bike feels really good and the zombies go from being a huge threat in single numbers to being something you kill by tens and eventually hundreds. The hordes were something unique that ranged from annoying to really cool, and the bigger ones were basically half puzzle/half open dungeon kind of thing. There is a finite number of them IIRC. I liked the story with some reservations but like some people pointed out, it's seems to have been heavily reworked over the course of development and probably went from being interactive story to linear narrative. Still, worth playing if you like open world games that are not the same old Ubisoft reheated TV dinners.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Awesome! posted:

curse of the dead gods is now out of early access https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123770/Curse_of_the_Dead_Gods/

I had this wishlisted, a buddy of mine said that it looked like a hades ripoff but I didn't really get that impression at all. Still probably going to sit on it for now because I have backlog for days but good to hear that it stands on its own.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Awesome! posted:

It's really good, but beware that some controllers are not currently working with the game, i.e. PS5 controller.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HopperUK posted:

Anyone in Europe want a copy of Outward? It's region-locked and my usual person to share games with is in the US.
I wouldn't mind checking whether steam thinks I'm in Europe in this instance:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Awesome! posted:

why is harry dubois in a big maze

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The controller sensitivity in Persona 5 Strikers feels completely borked in its default state and I often have my character slowly walk forward even after recalibrating my controller and checking it in other games.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Xander77 posted:

I wouldn't mind checking whether steam thinks I'm in Europe in this instance:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/

Sent you a PM! Let me know

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Impermanent posted:

why is harry dubois in a big maze

Nah, different guy. That's Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Ulio posted:

Ya I only have a ps4 pro I was about to get it, heard it runs fantastically on ps5 though. Just gonna wait for Steam version now.

Also the biggest part of the Days Gone news is Jim Ryan saying they have a slate of Sony exclusives coming to PC. Hopefully most of the big hits come out, cause Sony has made some amazing games these last few years and more people need to play them.

What are some of the Sony exclusive must-plays, besides Bloodborne? Non-PC stuff is just a distant haze for me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haze, for one

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Spider-man is probably the biggest single exclusive I can think of that Sony has going for it by name recognition alone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been wanting to play God of War. HZD sequel will be exclusive.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

This is a really weird update for Stardew Valley.

https://shop.stardewvalley.net/

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sweet it can be played solo, so I wont have to deal with the aspect I dislike most about board games: Other people

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Trickyblackjack posted:

What are some of the Sony exclusive must-plays, besides Bloodborne? Non-PC stuff is just a distant haze for me.

"Must play" is subjective, but for good (still) exclusives besides the aforementioned Bloodborne, Spider-Man, God of War there's:

Naughty Dog stuff:
- Uncharted
- The Last of Us

Team Ico stuff:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- The Last Guardian

Ratchet & Clank (only one on PS4, but a ton on PS2/3)
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush (1/2)
Concrete Genie
Alienation
Tearaway Unfolded

The Infamous games are decent, too

Also, good PS exclusives not published by Sony:

FF VII Remake

Vanillaware stuff:
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere

Stickman fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 24, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Stickman posted:

The Infamous games are decent, too

I would mash “buy” an an Infamous franchise pack on Steam so goddamn fast. I liked Infamous 2 enough I went and picked up all 300 blast shards. The traversal was so fun.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ghost of tsushima was probably my goty. Just plain ol fun and nice to look at.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

I would mash “buy” an an Infamous franchise pack on Steam so goddamn fast. I liked Infamous 2 enough I went and picked up all 300 blast shards. The traversal was so fun.
Same, I loved that game. I also really liked the first one, but it's a bit janky and there are less options for moving around fast. Would love to play both on PC again.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Second Son has some real "oh no oof" poo poo after the last few years, though. Rescuing people from cages in Seattle was a bit too heavy for me at the time I bought it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I wonder if this means God Hand gets a PC release.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What the best bluetooth controller to sync up to Steam and run it in Big Picture mode? I built a new rig and want to connect the old one to the TV for couch play.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

I wonder if this means God Hand gets a PC release.

That would be good and thus

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Steam page for Days Gone. Is it releasing a few months from now or two years ago? Who can say. I guess that's the PS4 release date maybe?

Pretty forgiving requirements.

Anno fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 24, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

Pretty sure all three of those games have been free on some crusty old corner of Bnet for ages, but hey, Blizzard has to find some way to make money without actually making anything new.
The old free Battle.net version of Rock n Roll Racing is a "lite" demo that cuts the game down to just three tracks with all the audio muted and overdubbed with a generic chiptune like a DMCA-fearing Twitch streamer. The other two games were the MS-DOS versions, which are probably okay but they certainly weren't the lead platform back in the day. :v:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ghost of tsushima was probably my goty. Just plain ol fun and nice to look at.

Probably same for me in hindsight. drat gorgeous game and all the mechanics polished to a mirror-shine.

I'd love to see what it could look like unrestrained by the wheezing dusty corpse of my OG ps4

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Anno posted:

I just assume it’ll be an EGS key.
From Humble Bundle's Facebook post comments section:

No word on whether it's standard or ultimate, as far as I could see.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Space 2
D4WQV-ECYER-XPDFA

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

and everyone breathed a sigh of relief when they saw they could choose an epic key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also, here's the full list of games in that Humble Choice thing next month:

Control
XCOM: Chimera Squad
ELEX
Kingdom Two Crowns
WWE 2K Battlegrounds
Hotshot Racing
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind