Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh geez, my second CPU fan wont fit in the case bc the ram makes it sit too high. The other side is too high bc of the IO hunk.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Khanstant posted:

Oh geez, my second CPU fan wont fit in the case bc the ram makes it sit too high. The other side is too high bc of the IO hunk.

What cooler is it?

Also yeah this is kind my issue too right now except I'm trying to add an additional cpu fan, need to hunt down some low profile ram

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
NH-D15 SE-AM4. Just did it without that fan, we'll see how it goes I guess?

Just M-flashed my BIOS... I think, made a usb with the MSI.ROM file, pressed the button, it flashed for a few minutes then stopped. When I power on, on the "ex debug" it lights up the VGA briefly, then switches to BOOT led on. All fans working, keyboard lights up, GPU is doing its rainbow thing. I can't even get a BIOS screen to show up, been flopping the HDMI between mobo and both slots on GPU, not sure which to use at this point in process. Even tried unplugging old computer from monitor, didnt seem to matter, not sure how it would.

Not sure what to do here. Probably going to bed, it's almost 3 here, can't believe how slow I am at this still.

MSI b550 Carbon Wifi Mobo
5600x
3080 RTX

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 24, 2021

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Khanstant posted:

NH-D15 SE-AM4. Just did it without that fan, we'll see how it goes I guess?

Just M-flashed my BIOS... I think, made a usb with the MSI.ROM file, pressed the button, it flashed for a few minutes then stopped. When I power on, on the "ex debug" it lights up the VGA briefly, then switches to BOOT led on. All fans working, keyboard lights up, GPU is doing its rainbow thing. I can't even get a BIOS screen to show up, been flopping the HDMI between mobo and both slots on GPU, not sure which to use at this point in process. Even tried unplugging old computer from monitor, didnt seem to matter, not sure how it would.

Not sure what to do here. Probably going to bed, it's almost 3 here, can't believe how slow I am at this still.

MSI b550 Carbon Wifi Mobo
5600x
3080 RTX

I have the same heatsink and just moved that fan up a bit. It's not as effective but 95% of the fan is still covering the heatsink so it should still be working.

When you flashed the BIOS was the CPU in the socket? If so, take it and the RAM out and try flashing it again. The HDMI port on your motherboard is just for one of the CPUs with built in graphics. You have a regular Ryzen CPU so it won't be active and you should be using your GPU HDMI ports.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
A friend of mine is idly thinking of building a PC for his family. He is in the UK. His budget is "about a grand" but he wants to hold some of that back for a monitor (1080p/24"/60Hz, fairly basic, we can manage that) so I'm guessing that brings us down to more like £880.

He says "I myself want to be able to do some virtual synth stuff [i.e. music production]. Some light photo editing. We do have a young man [age 4 right now] who might be getting into playing some games in the near future but I'm not looking for top end gaming. We have lots of old photos and files."

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£180.00 @ Currys PC World)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler (£21.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£89.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£74.20 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£59.99 @ Box Limited)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.88 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GT 710 2 GB Video Card (£45.28 @ CCL Computers)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£75.51 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£66.19 @ Ebuyer)
Wireless Network Adapter: Ziyituod ZYT-AX200 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi Adapter (£33.90 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £693.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-22 15:37 GMT+0000

That GPU is a placeholder, pending some hypothetical future month when decent GPUs can actually be, you know, bought for money.

Does this seem like a reasonable build? My only observation is that getting a motherboard with wifi/Bluetooth onboard might be a better option, but I expect the thread has other suggestions.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Mother fucker I overestimated how much size I had for the radiators for my liquid cooler by like 10mm. Is there a good one with slim radiators?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mother fucker I overestimated how much size I had for the radiators for my liquid cooler by like 10mm. Is there a good one with slim radiators?

What case is it going in and what did you buy before?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Doom Mathematic posted:

Does this seem like a reasonable build? My only observation is that getting a motherboard with wifi/Bluetooth onboard might be a better option, but I expect the thread has other suggestions.

Yes. Generally if a post isn't commented on itt it's because there's nothing egregiously wrong with it that needs instant correction. I might do things a little differently, but that's down to taste as much as anything. Namely: I would save a bit of money on the case and get a different CPU cooler. I wouldn't bother buying a HDD in 2021 unless you need all the storage - better to invest in a bigger NVMe imo. Motherboard WiFi is possible of course but whatever, it's not a huge deal either way. Obviously the huge standout issue is the GPU, where your friend is in the same boat as the rest of the world and there's no decent budget or midrange options in stock at remotely sensible prices at the moment. A 1660 Super or RX580 or something in that range would have been ideal but lol at the availability there. Maybe you'll see some second hand ones when the 3060 comes out and people upgrade?

I slapped together a few tweaks here, but these aren't absolutely necessary, just in line with what I would do.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CyberPingu posted:

What case is it going in and what did you buy before?

I have a Coolermaster TD500 and it was the Liquid Freezer II 240 model. I think I need a slim one because my motherboard is bulky as hell. I could probably take the front fans out for the radiator but I’d rather have them still there as intake fans.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I have a Coolermaster TD500 and it was the Liquid Freezer II 240 model. I think I need a slim one because my motherboard is bulky as hell. I could probably take the front fans out for the radiator but I’d rather have them still there as intake fans.

Could you pick up some slimline fans or is it the actual radiator that doesn't fit?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

New Meshify c case is announced. Sounds good, haven’t had a chance to watch yet.

https://youtu.be/94l1c5dMRX8

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CyberPingu posted:

Could you pick up some slimline fans or is it the actual radiator that doesn't fit?

It’s the actual radiator that doesn’t fit where I want it to fit, it’s too thick. The case has 360mm of space I could use on the front but I would prefer to keep the three 120mm fans the case came with as intakes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

New Meshify c case is announced. Sounds good, haven’t had a chance to watch yet.

https://youtu.be/94l1c5dMRX8

General conclusion was it's a very good case with some really annoying bits like the PSU shroud is super cramped.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

It’s the actual radiator that doesn’t fit where I want it to fit, it’s too thick. The case has 360mm of space I could use on the front but I would prefer to keep the three 120mm fans the case came with as intakes.

Pictures of it not fitting well plus the models of the rest of your build would be super helpful here.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Valen posted:

I have the same heatsink and just moved that fan up a bit. It's not as effective but 95% of the fan is still covering the heatsink so it should still be working.

When you flashed the BIOS was the CPU in the socket? If so, take it and the RAM out and try flashing it again. The HDMI port on your motherboard is just for one of the CPUs with built in graphics. You have a regular Ryzen CPU so it won't be active and you should be using your GPU HDMI ports.

Yeah everything was put together when I flashed it. I knew I should've done it earlier before anything in case but in my excitement to build I just started going. Of course suddenly work is busy so I can't sneak work on it till after work.

When doing this will I need to undo everything or can i leave the front io things plugged in, m2 drive, fans, etc?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ah jeez, I'm sorry to hear this man. The Arctic II's radiator is a bit thicker than most AIOs, which is part of why it's so quiet and cool, IIRC. It didn't occur to me to mention it since you said you had 'loads' of room and I had no particular problem fitting the 240mm into my not particularly massive case.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Barry Foster posted:

Ah jeez, I'm sorry to hear this man. The Arctic II's radiator is a bit thicker than most AIOs, which is part of why it's so quiet and cool, IIRC. It didn't occur to me to mention it since you said you had 'loads' of room and I had no particular problem fitting the 240mm into my not particularly massive case.

Not your fault, I overestimated exactly how much room I had. I should have popped my cooler off to get exact measurements instead of eyeballing it but I really didn’t want to deal with getting the 212 evo on and off again.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes. Generally if a post isn't commented on itt it's because there's nothing egregiously wrong with it that needs instant correction. I might do things a little differently, but that's down to taste as much as anything. Namely: I would save a bit of money on the case and get a different CPU cooler. I wouldn't bother buying a HDD in 2021 unless you need all the storage - better to invest in a bigger NVMe imo. Motherboard WiFi is possible of course but whatever, it's not a huge deal either way. Obviously the huge standout issue is the GPU, where your friend is in the same boat as the rest of the world and there's no decent budget or midrange options in stock at remotely sensible prices at the moment. A 1660 Super or RX580 or something in that range would have been ideal but lol at the availability there. Maybe you'll see some second hand ones when the 3060 comes out and people upgrade?

I slapped together a few tweaks here, but these aren't absolutely necessary, just in line with what I would do.

Alright, thank you. This thread moves pretty quickly so I thought I just got missed in the shuffle...

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Khanstant posted:

Yeah everything was put together when I flashed it. I knew I should've done it earlier before anything in case but in my excitement to build I just started going. Of course suddenly work is busy so I can't sneak work on it till after work.

When doing this will I need to undo everything or can i leave the front io things plugged in, m2 drive, fans, etc?

The mobo manual might specify but I believe the critical things to remove at a minimum are the CPU and RAM, so maybe start there and see what happens

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Khanstant posted:

General advice for the process is board + 24pin+8pin only.

Generally it's fine with everything but the CPU in, but some boards are more picky than others. Consider it may be the flash drive or your drive build process as well.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drive build process?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Khanstant posted:

drive build process?

How your flash drive is formatted, how you named the file, etc.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

How your flash drive is formatted, how you named the file, etc.

Ah, well the first time I just jammed the files from MSI's zip into the root and when I tried that it didn't seem to work, light didn't flash just a solid red. Retried it, got rid of txt file, renamed MSI.ROM like the mobo manual said. USB formatted FAT32. It seemed to work the second time, like, it lit up, flashed for a few minutes, then went off, which is what is supposed to happen and I took to mean bios updated but still get no image.

holy moly... i just fired her up again, my friend was talking abotu mobo jumpers and i was taking a pic to show him the mobo lights up and i aint see no jumper, except in a plastic bag in mobo box perhaps. now im at a bios screen! it's green, which i didnt expect but hey. goddamn wish i had two keybs

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 24, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Ah, well the first time I just jammed the files from MSI's zip into the root and when I tried that it didn't seem to work, light didn't flash just a solid red. Retried it, got rid of txt file, renamed MSI.ROM like the mobo manual said. USB formatted FAT32. It seemed to work the second time, like, it lit up, flashed for a few minutes, then went off, which is what is supposed to happen and I took to mean bios updated but still get no image.

holy moly... i just fired her up again, my friend was talking abotu mobo jumpers and i was taking a pic to show him the mobo lights up and i aint see no jumper, except in a plastic bag in mobo box perhaps. now im at a bios screen! it's green, which i didnt expect but hey. goddamn wish i had two mobos

MSI boards are supposedly notoriously bad at determining video output on first boot.

It sounds like your bios updated properly. You should make sure by comparing the BIOS version shown.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hello I am posting from my new computer. I think the BIOS did update, it recognized my 5600X and I was able to install windows. It was all green/pink for a while, I guess maybe drivers updated themselves once i connected to internet using the built in wifi. Thought maybe the old hdmi i dug out of a random box was janky, praying it wasn't my gpu being busted.

it seems like... this worked? hell, maybe it worked last night and i just wasn't getting my monitor to pick anything up, it did sit at a black screen for a long while before the bios image showed up at all initially, and then after closing bios, it was like a choppy image stuffed in the corners?

Anyway, looks fine now. I did accidentally accept something in the BIOS but it flashed away before I could grok it, something about gaming experience or idk. Buddy also told me to check my ram is working at advertised speed and something about XMP profiles

edit: They were already at the right setting. Ran a couple benchmarks, looks like everything is good?

I'm a bit worried about being -1 CPU fan but I guess I'm not trying to overclock or anything. I reckon I could've jammed one more noctua fan in the front but ain't wanna disassemble it to do so, plus those drat anti-vibration rubber screw peg things were a nightmare, can't imagine doing that with poo poo in the case. Not to mention one corner had to be screwed in metal style anyway, less I wanted to re-uninstall the lower fan. I've gone ahead and swapped the top of my Fractal Design 7 compact to the one with mesh and airholes. Really not worried about the sound, thing seems quieter already than current machine, neither as loud as room fan anyway.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 24, 2021

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
How the gently caress are video cards STILL 100% out of stock? And all marked up $100-200 on top of that?

:wtc:

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

sean10mm posted:

How the gently caress are video cards STILL 100% out of stock? And all marked up $100-200 on top of that?

Supply shortages and crypto mining incentivizing bots and scalpers to snag up all available stock. RTX 3060 is dropping tomorrow if you care to get in on it.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?

sean10mm posted:

Try about 3k markup... Newegg had 3080s for 3700$ this morning. I had a stock alert just now, was gone in less than a minute. Good luck.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Steve Jorbs posted:

Supply shortages and crypto mining incentivizing bots and scalpers to snag up all available stock. RTX 3060 is dropping tomorrow if you care to get in on it.

How does one go about doing that? Keep refreshing Amazon and NewEgg or will they be in store at BestBuy and Micro Center? I don't follow drops, I just check the local Best Buy and Micro Center websites every day to see if they get anything in stock.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

South posted:

How does one go about doing that? Keep refreshing Amazon and NewEgg or will they be in store at BestBuy and Micro Center? I don't follow drops, I just check the local Best Buy and Micro Center websites every day to see if they get anything in stock.

I only got my CPU and GPU through a stock alert discord I joined. Refreshing randomly doesn't seem like a winning strategy unless you happen to do it right when it drops. It took me a month of mashing every stock alert as soon as it picked up, with accounts and poo poo ready to go on each site. The stock alert discord I was using seems to have issues now and switched to twitter alerts or something.

Have heard tales of people waiting outside Micro Centers to jump on store-stock, as well as people casually walking in an out with rare stuff if they live in the Boonies or whatever. Best Buy seems to have the best anti-bot system, but you still gotta be ready to pounce when a drop happens.

Anyway, unless you're super lucky it's fairly difficult to get a GPU in a sane, normal way.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

sean10mm posted:

Also note that if your frame of reference for what prices should be is based on launch MSRP, you should know that a lot of cards shot up in price around the new year because some tariff exemptions expired. Higher prices are going to stay until Biden unfucks US trade policy.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Is there any specific stock check discord that's better the others? I assume they're all the same since they're watching the same stores

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Should I have my wife hang out at BestBuy till it opens at 11am? Legit asking. The only time I've waited outside a store on launch day was the SNES launch a few years ago.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

South posted:

Should I have my wife hang out at BestBuy till it opens at 11am? Legit asking. The only time I've waited outside a store on launch day was the SNES launch a few years ago.
I haven't even heard of anyone having in store stock besides Micro Center but I don't know how it works on launch day versus a restock.

You have to be on a stock tracking discord or similar or be refreshing the page constantly and get lucky to find anything. Restocks sell out within a minute sometimes even seconds.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

South posted:

I don't think so, haven't heard the same stories about BB that I did Microcenter. I suppose it's possible they'll have a shipment of 3060s suddenly in ready to sell in-store, but isn't any local stock fair game to buy & pickup online or have it shipped from nearby BBs? I camped out overnight for a Wii once, but that was like a weird urban camping trip with random people joined in. I love the idea of your wife snagging a 3060 tomorrow just by showing up at 11, but I think the 3060s just go up for sale tomorrow, and retailers will have them online, but I think they know it'll all go out of stock super fast without having to ever have 'em on the shelves, least not yet.

https://www.newsweek.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-release-time-date-best-tips-order-1571293

Here's some generic article with some of the same tips or advice from stock alert discords, plus links to a couple good twitterers on the scene.

Think
Sep 20, 2005

So I’m starting to think about retiring my 3770k build after nearly a decade and building something new.

I noticed that most of the builds in here are AMD based, but given that Zen 3s are nearly impossible to find, the 10900KF seems to be pretty attractive at about $550 Canadian, and good for both gaming and work applications. Is there some big drawback I’m not aware of?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is it just for gaming? Because a $200 Ryzen 3600 is easy to find and handles any game fine.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

South posted:

Micro center is really the only physical store that has been getting stock. BBY is online only for GPUs.

Stock discords is your best bet.

Think posted:

So I’m starting to think about retiring my 3770k build after nearly a decade and building something new.

I noticed that most of the builds in here are AMD based, but given that Zen 3s are nearly impossible to find, the 10900KF seems to be pretty attractive at about $550 Canadian, and good for both gaming and work applications. Is there some big drawback I’m not aware of?

Zen 3 has been much better over the last few weeks. Especially if you’re near micro center. Swing by every day and you’ll get one unless you’re looking for a 5950x.

There’s even a goon that often sells them in SA Mart at MSRP + shipping + tax + very small time comp.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I am so out of the loop and want to upgrade from my old i5 6600k machine. Does this look good to y'all?

What country are you in? America
What are you using the system for? Gaming, some light photoshop/video work off and on.
What's your budget? Eh, $1000 to $1200. The total here would match that if the dang processor was in stock. Also the 2070 in here is just a placeholder for the wattage draw estimate. The card has served me well so far, just drat that i5 is really showing its age lately. (that and lol finding a card in stock at all for not absurd prices gently caress)
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? I'm currently on a 4k monitor @ 60hz. Higher refresh rates are interesting but not a huge deal to me.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.78 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($98.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($98.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($63.00 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($203.50 @ Amazon)
Total: $833.23
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-25 01:15 EST-0500

I currently have a bunch of storage drives that I didn't list in there, so space isn't an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Is there a recommendation for buying pre-built gaming machines these days? I don't mind paying a bit of a premium to have someone else deal with sourcing the [CG]PU and putting it together so I don't have to deal with it.

I'm currently running an i5-3570K with a 1080. I am willing to pay more up front for a longer life of the core machine. I don't mind upgrading the GPU or every other generation or so and the memory maybe half as frequently as that. My current machine is going to my GF who needs a computer for work and moderate gaming.

Here's a PC Part Picker for what I priced over on Origin PC. Origin is charging $3,367 (~$800 more).

What country are you in? America
What are you using the system for? Gaming, coding with VMs, VR. Chrome is currently using 2.5gb of memory on my machine. I have an ultra-wide 1440p g-sync monitor and a HP Reverb G2 I would like to power with this rig.
What's your budget? $3500 or so.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor ($559.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 ACE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($369.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.00 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB KO Gaming OC Video Card ($668.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($195.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($139.88 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $2581.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-25 02:55 EST-0500

Extra questions:
* Looks like I could probably get a cheaper mobo but I'd like quality that will last. Wifi and Bluetooth integration would be nice. Any recommendations here?
* Also, should I spring for the 3080? I was originally going to, but then I read about the 3080 Ti. Not sure if I should stick with the 3080 and not upgrade to the TI, or get a lesser card now and upgrade when the Ti comes out? The cheapest card Origin has is the 3070, but maybe somewhere else would let me get an even cheaper card. On the other hand, I would like to actually use this Reverb G2 headset before I die. Guess I'm leaning towards the 3080.
* Other system builder recommendations?
* RGB is totally worth it right?