Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

Hope Checo beats Max tbh

This is gonna be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tiger woods tried out for red bull today

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

ban mercedes forever
Yeah cause we'd all prefer to have Horner and Max winning every race and talking in every interview

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

tiger woods tried out for red bull today

Looks like he’ll get the job

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Oof.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It may be more of a Frank Williams situation

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

GramCracker posted:

hi learnincurve

who dat

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

nice

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

:eyepop:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ostentatious posted:

Hope Checo beats Max tbh

Then Horner dumps Max like he's a pregnant wife.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jazzyhattrick posted:

Then Horner dumps Max like he's a pregnant wife.

lol imagine this happening, followed by max breaking so many cars they run out of machines and can only field Perez

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Is everyone sitting down? Good!

Grosjean spun during his IndyCar testing session.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Custard Undies posted:

lol

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Finding the limits, forever the driver of my heart

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He should have gone to nascar lol

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Ostentatious posted:

Hope Checo beats Max tbh

he def. won't

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

Did he blame someone else and say the other drivers were crazy?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

He should have gone to nascar lol

When you think about it an oval is just a really wide radius spin

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ostentatious posted:

the story of the year will be mock Schumacher finishing a valiant 19th place several seconds in front of the problematic Russian guy while ppl proclaim him to be the future of the sport

That's basically the story of George Russell's career before Bahrain and it worked for him.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1364533876006268932

:allears:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

My childhood in a jpg. Grand Prix 4 is still pretty good fun.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
grossjean is totally going to kill himself driving on indy

also the current rumour is that williams will change to alpine engines after 2022. why the hell would they do that?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

also the current rumour is that williams will change to alpine engines after 2022. why the hell would they do that?

Renault currently don't have any customers so are probably offering them a good deal. Also one of the reasons Merc is supplying them is they need a seat to put George in, given that he'll be moving up to Mercedes in 2022 maybe the terms Merc are offering Williams for 2022 aren't as good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Looks like they have nothing to lose op

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Also Williams are a bad team who make bad choices

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN ONLY EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON'T LISTEN TO ME.
My first racing game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5VgcNRshg
Hard to beat Nigel Mansell's World Championship for its 5 lines of voice coaching that I will forever remember

"Get on that racing line!"
"Avoid objects!"
"Do not hit things!"
"Drive forwards!"
"Do not collide with other cars!"

Frankly I might send a copy to Grossjean.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Also Williams are a bad team who make bad choices

"lets treat all of our WDCs and manufacturers like poo poo, were williams whats the worst that could happen"

*plummets down the grid*

*has to sell team*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

"lets treat all of our WDCs and manufacturers like poo poo, were williams whats the worst that could happen"

*plummets down the grid*

*has to sell team*

thatcherites lmao

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Being the primary customer rather than being behind McLaren and Aston Martin in the pecking order is a sensible move, even if the engine is worse. Renault have some decent young drivers available who would be ready to step up in the next couple of years as well.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Being the primary customer rather than being behind McLaren and Aston Martin in the pecking order is a sensible move, even if the engine is worse.

I cannot understand how being the #1 customer of an inferior product is a positive

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

TBH Hill and Villeneuve were probably the worst two WDCs of the modern era. Hill was a bottler and a mentally weak athlete. Villeneuve was bad at everything. They won their WDCs due to a combination of Newey genius, supreme Renault power at the time, Schumacher’s teething problems at Ferrari and the sheer incompetence of the rest of the field.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I cannot understand how being the #1 customer of an inferior product is a positive

Yet you still bought an air fryer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Yet you still bought an air fryer

I’d buy it again tomorrow if it broke, but it won’t because it’s a quality product at a fair price

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Khablam posted:

My first racing game
Ignoring some rubbish rally game on the C64, my first simulator was Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8dfRgU1Mo

I once stumbled across a car setup that suddenly had me winning races. Then I lost the paper I wrote it down on and never managed to figure it out again.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The best racing game was F-1 World Grand Prix on n64

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

TBH Hill and Villeneuve were probably the worst two WDCs of the modern era. Hill was a bottler and a mentally weak athlete. Villeneuve was bad at everything. They won their WDCs due to a combination of Newey genius, supreme Renault power at the time, Schumacher’s teething problems at Ferrari and the sheer incompetence of the rest of the field.

lewis hamilton

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

lewis hamilton is the best

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
he is bad op i cant wait for him to gently caress off from the sport instead of having my friend georgie russell ending him like sha did to vettel

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

newey left because he understandably wanted to be a partner in the team in return for his many loyal years and all the WDCs he delivered. frank and patrick told him in no uncertain terms to gently caress off, and he went to mclaren, and williams went down the shitter

think about it, they had a chance to secure adrian newey, the best designer in f1, indefinitely, and they chose to go "nah"

they have a history of making GBS threads on every person responsible for their success and they deserve everything they got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ive read tons of stories about how newey desperately wanted to stay at the team and was willing to negotiate and gave them multiple chances, but their attitude was that he wasn't that responsible for their success thus they'd be fine without him

its just such a colossal failure of project management that i cant even. yeah fire your most valuable employee, that won't backfire horribly on you at all

red bull are frauds but theyre at least smart enough to give him whatever dumb poo poo he wants like boat racing or designing dumb vaporware cars for videogames so he'll stay