Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If there's a chance I'm dealing with someone in a different time zone I just give all times in UTC now and let people do their own conversions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Microsoft support will do anything to avoid helping you while trying to meet their KPIs. I'd be more willing to blame that than legitimate time zone confusion.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

klosterdev posted:

I realize that making time zones work for everyone is a logistical nightmare, but jesus M365 how do you keep screwing up time zones so badly, especially now that you need to specify your preferred time zone when making a support ticket.

- I've specified for them to call me at 9AM PST and they call me at six in the morning (most Americans are EST right??!)
- I've specified XAM and they call at XPM
- I've get an email on Saturday about an issue I raised, and then a second email Monday morning asking if the issue is resolved because I haven't replied yet

Get your time lord poo poo together Microsoft

That work gets outsourced through so many layers of contract inception that you are probably traveling through 11 money changing middlemen before you get to the poor person handling your random ticket to Microsoft. Its exactly why they have offered such great terms to resellers to offload your support directly to them. Microsoft has lovely office 365 support to save to them what is an extremely trivial amount of money.

I suspect the average o365 support rep doesn't even have a computer.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime

Steakandchips posted:

I was watching Mrs. America yesterday, there's a bit where Phyllis is trying to Do Politics with some men by having a strategy discussion, and she is one of the most influential women in the country at the time; they ask her to sit there, imply she shut up, and take minutes because "she has the prettiest handwriting". This show is set in the 70s.

50 years later, in real life, the same sodding thing happened in a meeting I was in. An old white man asked the only young lady present if she could take the notes on the whiteboard as she probably has the prettiest handwriting. This is in a financial/tech company.

Change is sodding glacial.

I work in the oil and gas industry and it still very much has the feel of a 50's "old boys club" with the way some company directors speak to women.

We had 2 execs from a big oil distributor come in last year - typical dumpy middle aged guys, and our newly assigned account manager who was a younger woman.
First thing they say to our directors as they walk in the building is "Look! We bought you a present!" while guesturing wildly to this lady.
As the reception staff sat there in shock, our directors started laughing and saying "Oh we didn't know you were bringing a stripper!".
This woman just stood there, white-knuckling the folder she was carrying. I think if she had told them all to get hosed and left, most of our staff would have gone with her too at that point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DelphiAegis posted:

:same:

I had the cord I use for my ps4 controller charger fail 3x now, and it's the most high-use USB item I've got. By comparison my phone is on USB-c and has had a similar number of use cycles (and has been lightly chewed...) and is still holding up nicely.
Fake edit: that said, the cords are cheap as gently caress so I don't mind.

Get a charging station that charges from the base of the controller. There are third-party that run off a USB cable that work great.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Whipstickagostop posted:

I work in the oil and gas industry and it still very much has the feel of a 50's "old boys club" with the way some company directors speak to women.

We had 2 execs from a big oil distributor come in last year - typical dumpy middle aged guys, and our newly assigned account manager who was a younger woman.
First thing they say to our directors as they walk in the building is "Look! We bought you a present!" while guesturing wildly to this lady.
As the reception staff sat there in shock, our directors started laughing and saying "Oh we didn't know you were bringing a stripper!".
This woman just stood there, white-knuckling the folder she was carrying. I think if she had told them all to get hosed and left, most of our staff would have gone with her too at that point.

This is really egregious. We haven't had anything that bad that I have personally seen so far.

One time, this VP of something or the other was giving a presentation on something like Agile or some other sort of best practice, and he went on a segue (on live video conference to the entire company) saying things like "oh women wouldn't understand this" and "women are just better staying at home".

He got to keep his job, despite an avalanche of complaints. His defence was "I was just joking!".

Another incident, involving a different person: I was sitting at my desk, an older colleague sat next to me, who out of the blue, said (in English), "wanna hear a joke: why do Jews have big noses? Because air is free!". He said this, out loud, in a quiet office, where people 2 rows away at least could hear him.

I told him, "that's not funny and you shouldn't say that sort of stuff in the workplace".

His response? "What? It's ok. Bob told me the joke, and he's a Jew!".

Me: "it doesn't matter, you still shouldn't say it."

He shut up, but for months afterwards, he would occasionally bring it up and say it was ok to make the joke.

Same guy referred to one of our Chinese-American colleagues using derogatory terms in a foreign language to me, so that I could understand him, but others around us couldn't; he refused to use our Chinese-American colleague's actual name. Similarly, he would denigrate our boss, who was Iranian-origin British, with phrases like "oh the Irani wants us to do this", which, in the context and in the language he was using, was very rude.

He also, despite making maybe 50% more money than me, kept asking to borrow my Oyster card because it had a train pass (unlimited train travel) on it so he could take the tube at lunch time to wherever-the-gently caress he wanted to go for lunch and save himself £3.

It was exhausting sitting next to him.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

I'm still slowly dragging this place into a routine of actually patching their poo poo (more political than technical at this point), but as the process gets faster and more efficient more things fall out of the woodwork.

Last night after patching, an important report didn't run because it's set up as a scheduled task on one node of an SQL cluster, running as that server admin's personal admin account

With "only run when the user is logged on" ticked.

This hasn't been noticed until now as he disconnects from RDP by closing the window without signing out!

Also pissing me off: no GUI for cluster scheduled tasks means that this solution is ~too complicated~

Lum fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 23, 2021

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Whipstickagostop posted:

Ugh... I worked for a niche industry that was like this AND it had a lot of oil and gas customers. Nothing in that story surprises me.

I had a girl in my team who was in her mid-twenties and VERY good at her job (ERP systems, business flow, report design, etc). I was in a board meeting with all of the big wigs and they kept asking questions to me instead of her. Every time I would say "this is a question for Kirsty, it's why I have her on this project" and hand over to her.

They also pulled the same bullshit when it was time for refreshments. One of the C levels didn't have his PA to hand, so he asked if "the girl would make the drinks". I politely pointed out that she would be an extremely expensive tea maid, but it was their call - and that they would have to wait for her to come back in before we could continue as I would not be answering their questions as I was not qualified.

I was insanely happy when I was able to provide her a glowing reference when she moved on

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
:kingsly: I can bid for a very large contract but they're really strict with their suppliers and the delivery times. Can you give me an average delivery time for orders in our system?
:) : I could give you that but that doesn't really make sense for your question. You're comparing over-the-counter customers with 0 delivery days for stock items with customers that have agreed to production items that have 120 days of (agreed) delivery time. An average would include all of those. I would make a lot more sense to look at a number of reference customers and look at numbers for those.
:kingsly: Can't you just put all the customers in an excel and we can filter that.
:) : Do you have any idea about how much data you're talking about?

Narrator: He didn't.

It took a couple of iterations for him to understand and agree with my approach. He's the manager of one of our locations and the lead sales guy for international/large customers; I'm an IT guy trying to explain to him how to analyze his supply chain. :sigh:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

the powers that be have decided they're moving me into a different department and i can tell it's going to be lovely

hoping that maybe i'll get an office to myself as something to make up for losing my place in a department that's at least familiar with "project management" and getting a new boss who has, in the 6ish months i've known them, forgotten to invite me to 5 different meetings, after 2 weeks of near-daily reminders and requests each time.

(i am arguably in the wrong department currently; no-one else fully knows what i do but they at least know it's important and give me what i need.)

if you hear about a [extremely identifiable job title] at a [extremely identifiable type of institution] self-immolating after a failed project, that's me

yeah i know i should push back but *gestures in larchesdanrew*

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 23, 2021

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Welp, worked on something that was nowhere near related to my job description but was interesting at least, finished it three months ago, everybody involved was very happy. Our CEO has this week decided to take a look at what was done, having shown zero interest in this project before now, and has a long list of criticism. Last time I do anything that's not strictly my job. Way to gently caress up morale as well, dipshit.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

"Thanks Ants" but sarcastically like Thanks Obama

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It doesn't have me down personally but my daytime partner is seething. My department was down a Director when I started and two weeks later our manager quit. The guy that was training me applied for the manager job and they interviewed him several times, put him through a battery of examinations, and then eventually told him he wasn't quite ready, and they wanted to hire an outside guy to be manager with the capability of ultimately being the director.

New manager comes in from a different industry, daytime counterpart and manager have a frank conversation, agree to help each other out (manager gives daytime guy managing lessons, daytime guy gives manager industry lessons, they both advance).

That went on for several months and Monday our VP just casually drops they hired a director to fill that opening.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Thanks Ants posted:

Welp, worked on something that was nowhere near related to my job description but was interesting at least, finished it three months ago, everybody involved was very happy. Our CEO has this week decided to take a look at what was done, having shown zero interest in this project before now, and has a long list of criticism. Last time I do anything that's not strictly my job. Way to gently caress up morale as well, dipshit.

Had a client once that had 1000 employees and the CEO would zoom this far into what was going on. It was one of the shittiest work environments I’d ever seen - getting consensus on SOWs and poo poo only to have this psycho reject them cause the font was the wrong color was pure insanity and his employees had to live it every day.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
GOD loving DAMNIT!!!
Today was my 6 year anniversary at my job and how does my boss reward me?
Fills the OS drive of a server to the brim. Takes a manual backup and nukes the hourly.
All while I'm trying to roll up snapshots so I can increase the disk space. So no snaps and no backup from the last 24h and a full hard drive he decides to loving UPDATE WINDOWS.

The server is so hosed it won't even boot so now I get to try and unfuck the vhd just enough so it can boot and the updates can fail so I can clear enough space in the OS and shut it down proper before increasing the disk space to let the updates finish.

Of course he just said "oops" and went home leaving me holding the bag.

e: oh I just got an explanation why there's not backups from today: He deleted them because he confused backups with vSphere snapshots and thought that "rolling up the snapshots so I could increase disk space" meant "he needs to delete the hourly backups"

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 24, 2021

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

i am a moron posted:

Had a client once that had 1000 employees and the CEO would zoom this far into what was going on. It was one of the shittiest work environments I’d ever seen - getting consensus on SOWs and poo poo only to have this psycho reject them cause the font was the wrong color was pure insanity and his employees had to live it every day.

I once had a CEO go on Priceline to try to find me a cheaper hotel room than anything in Concur. He put me in a motel in Queens.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Of course Gnarly’s work environment might be the worst thing I’ve ever read about. I’m assuming you’d find my aforementioned client a sweet reprieve.

KillHour posted:

I once had a CEO go on Priceline to try to find me a cheaper hotel room than anything in Concur. He put me in a motel in Queens.

Wtf

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

i am a moron posted:

Of course Gnarly’s work environment might be the worst thing I’ve ever read about. I’m assuming you’d find my aforementioned client a sweet reprieve.

Did you miss the old stories about Rod and Tony from Midelne and Dick Trauma?

And of course, the CE from larches' stories?

Gnarly's boss is definitely up there in the lovely-environment-causing bosses but in the history of these threads he's nowhere near the top.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Well ain’t that some poo poo. To be honest I haven’t heard those stories although I know DT deserves better and everyone was happy Larches got away from that school.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ask me about flying coach to Singapore. And South Africa. And the time I slept in the Las Vegas airport because my room was booked for the same day I landed but I landed at 12:15 AM. And the other time I slept in the Zurich airport because I had a 16 hour layover. On the way to South Africa. Coach.

Searching my name in the business travel thread is like searching for DT in the tickets thread.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 24, 2021

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Dog_Meat posted:

Ugh... I worked for a niche industry that was like this AND it had a lot of oil and gas customers. Nothing in that story surprises me.

I had a girl in my team who was in her mid-twenties and VERY good at her job (ERP systems, business flow, report design, etc). I was in a board meeting with all of the big wigs and they kept asking questions to me instead of her. Every time I would say "this is a question for Kirsty, it's why I have her on this project" and hand over to her.

They also pulled the same bullshit when it was time for refreshments. One of the C levels didn't have his PA to hand, so he asked if "the girl would make the drinks". I politely pointed out that she would be an extremely expensive tea maid, but it was their call - and that they would have to wait for her to come back in before we could continue as I would not be answering their questions as I was not qualified.

I was insanely happy when I was able to provide her a glowing reference when she moved on

I worked for a company making VMS software for security cameras. We had a live demo with cameras in the office in an open floor plan. Every time we got a new female hire, someone would have to log into the demo system and keep the PTZ cameras from stalking the new hires. I'd have customers calling up and bitching at me that their attempts to gawk at the new hire's butt/breast/feet/legs/whatever was interrupted.

KillHour posted:

Searching my name in the business travel thread is like searching for DT in the tickets thread.

This is a truth.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was in the office yesterday morning (before opening hours as to minimize contact) and ran into our delivery driver. I told him I needed to transfer his cell phone to our new provider and he'd have to swap sims when he lost connection.

delivery guy: Yeah, I'll have to see if I can get the sim card out because the back of the phone is bulging. Even the screen is lifting a bit.
me: Wait, what? The battery in that phone is swelling up, that's not good! We'll have to replace it asap.
delivery guy: I told our boss (the owner) a couple of months ago but he just said he had the same thing with one of his phones.
me: He said what? That's a fire risk!
delivery guy: I keep and charge it in the glove compartment of my delivery truck.

Which is parked inside our warehouse at night ... The warehouse which connects to our main office with has the server room inside of it.
I mailed the owner we needed to get him a new phone asap as this was a fire risk and he just told me he'd take care of it. :magical:

Normally I'd just order it but I'm on my way out.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

That reminds me of https://www.reddit.com/r/spicypillows/

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Government want to replace about a quarter of the network switches on their network - I had an email from their PM saying 'it's these switches, over 3 days, can you give us a running order please'
We are a 24/7 place so you have to be particular about this and I got it all agreed with management.
Engineers then turn up and decide they are doing their own thing, they claimed they had not seen the running order and did not care in the slightest I had agreed it with their PMs.

Their claim was that they need remote dudes to load configs and it has to be done at certain times but I think they are just looking to squeeze 3 days work into 2 to try and go home quicker.
I'm probably going to complain to the PM because the engineer was just a dick about it. Normally I don't bother but meh, what's the point in having a running order if I have to spend a couple hours running round re-agreeing it on the day

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
So ... We just had someone testing positive for COVID in my office. I was normally scheduled to be in a training session with him and others on Monday but I bailed since I'm on my way out and had other stuff to do. I WFH 99% of my time but occasionaly I'm still in the office when I can't do stuff remote (like yesterday morning or next week Wednesday). A mail went out notifying the office of the positive test but somehow I was left out. Also, they tried to frame it as a low-risk contact for everybody while the guy was in a meeting with several people for hours on end, not wearing his mask and the windows closed (because "it was cold"). The guy giving the training - who now has to get tested and quarantaine for 10 days - blew up when he heard that but he was told that several other people are insisting the guy did wear his mouth mask the whole time and really, the window was opened the whole time.

So, now the guy is also :yotj: hardcore (he's also the one replacing me als Navision support and the only other person involved in modelling all the bus).

edit: I asked HR (well, the one lady also doing HR) why they didn't inform me. She's telling me because I didn't meet with him in person, I have no need to know. Even though she knows I have an immunity disorder so I'm high risk.

sixth and maimed fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 24, 2021

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The other day a friend casually mentioned that he sleeps with phone under his pillow charging. I about got whiplash. Turns out him and his wife both do and they assumed that it was normal. I asked him if he was aware how dangerous that was and he said no it's fine, what should he do, leave it on his night stand all night?

Yes actually.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

sixth and maimed posted:

So ... We just had someone testing positive for COVID in my office. I was normally scheduled to be in a training session with him and others on Monday but I bailed since I'm on my way out and had other stuff to do. I WFH 99% of my time but occasionaly I'm still in the office when I can't do stuff remote (like yesterday morning or next week Wednesday). A mail went out notifying the office of the positive test but somehow I was left out. Also, they tried to frame it as a low-risk contact for everybody while the guy was in a meeting with several people for hours on end, not wearing his mask and the windows closed (because "it was cold"). The guy giving the training - who now has to get tested and quarantaine for 10 days - blew up when he heard that but he was told that several other people are insisting the guy did wear his mouth mask the whole time and really, the window was opened the whole time.

So, now the guy is also :yotj: hardcore (he's also the one replacing me als Navision support and the only other person involved in modelling all the bus).

edit: I asked HR (well, the one lady also doing HR) why they didn't inform me. She's telling me because I didn't meet with him in person, I have no need to know. Even though she knows I have an immunity disorder so I'm high risk.

:wtc:

:sever: as soon as possible from that horrible company.

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013
Today one of our customers that should have MFA on their VPN for the past two years finally pulled the trigger, because they are being audited tomorrow, and they can no longer evade it. This is a house of Software Devs, yet somehow they needed more handholding than the construction guys who got MFA 2 months ago.

I fear for their audit, and the poo poo they are going to try and blame on us. Thank got for CYA emails I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

angry armadillo posted:

Government want to replace about a quarter of the network switches on their network - I had an email from their PM saying 'it's these switches, over 3 days, can you give us a running order please'
We are a 24/7 place so you have to be particular about this and I got it all agreed with management.
Engineers then turn up and decide they are doing their own thing, they claimed they had not seen the running order and did not care in the slightest I had agreed it with their PMs.

Their claim was that they need remote dudes to load configs and it has to be done at certain times but I think they are just looking to squeeze 3 days work into 2 to try and go home quicker.
I'm probably going to complain to the PM because the engineer was just a dick about it. Normally I don't bother but meh, what's the point in having a running order if I have to spend a couple hours running round re-agreeing it on the day

You tell the engineer that that is a government network they're playing with, and if they violate the running order their all-but-certainly contracted asses can be held directly liable for any damages or outages caused to said GOVERNMENT NETWORK by willful negligence.

If they want to play stupid games, offer stupid prizes.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

sixth and maimed posted:

Someone at your dogshit rear end company probably needs to hire a lawyer, and maybe tell HR to be quiet. The litigation that comes out of COVID is going to be around lots of these kinds of stories.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

sixth and maimed posted:

Wooooow. gently caress them. Get everything in writing and report it. I would be livid in that situation.

If you're in the US, remember that you can claim unemployment because your employer made a covid unsafe workplace.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ovid-19-crises/

https://employment.findlaw.com/workplace-safety/my-work-is-unsafe-because-of-covid-19--what-are-my-rights-.html a good explanation/osha links inside

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

:argh: "Bob, why is this server auto-updating? I thought we shut off Windows updates!"

:eng101: It's not a server, it's a Windows 10 machine!

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

DelphiAegis posted:

:wtc:

:sever: as soon as possible from that horrible company.

I already did, no worries. I'm in my notice period. This just proves me right (as if I needed more reasons).
They guy that gave the training is applying somewhere else as we speak.

TheParadigm posted:

Wooooow. gently caress them. Get everything in writing and report it. I would be livid in that situation.

If you're in the US, remember that you can claim unemployment because your employer made a covid unsafe workplace.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ovid-19-crises/

https://employment.findlaw.com/workplace-safety/my-work-is-unsafe-because-of-covid-19--what-are-my-rights-.html a good explanation/osha links inside

i am a moron posted:

Someone at your dogshit rear end company probably needs to hire a lawyer, and maybe tell HR to be quiet. The litigation that comes out of COVID is going to be around lots of these kinds of stories.

I checked but legally speaking they did not have to notify me as I did not come into direct contact with the guy himself (not the US). They are at fault by classifying it as a low-risk contact rather than a high-risk one but if the colleagues involved all repeat the lie (as they're doing now) there's not much anybody can do. As communication goes, they went with the minimum that was required (as if in a small company stuff like this doesn't get around at the speed of sound) rather than doing what was proper. The HR lady even asked me what I hoped to achieved by insisting I should have been notified and I told that as I was already leaving the company I really had no expectation but I was telling them for their benefit.

Place is losing all it's good people and it's because of poo poo like this.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Don't waste your breath on those assholes and just stay working from home until you start your new job.

Everytime they ask you to go in, make an excuse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The excuse should be "I am high risk and cannot afford to catch covid, kindly gently caress off."

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

They'll just argue with him about that poo poo.

"Sorry, I have a personal emergency".

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

sixth and maimed posted:

I already did, no worries. I'm in my notice period. This just proves me right (as if I needed more reasons).
They guy that gave the training is applying somewhere else as we speak.

I checked but legally speaking they did not have to notify me as I did not come into direct contact with the guy himself (not the US). They are at fault by classifying it as a low-risk contact rather than a high-risk one but if the colleagues involved all repeat the lie (as they're doing now) there's not much anybody can do. As communication goes, they went with the minimum that was required (as if in a small company stuff like this doesn't get around at the speed of sound) rather than doing what was proper. The HR lady even asked me what I hoped to achieved by insisting I should have been notified and I told that as I was already leaving the company I really had no expectation but I was telling them for their benefit.

Place is losing all it's good people and it's because of poo poo like this.

If you didn't come into contact with the dude, how do you know he wasn't wearing a mask or that the windows were closed? (I feel like I've missed a bit but I can't work it out?)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Did about 40 minutes work today for a side gig deploying a Meraki firewall for someone and setting up some rules.

They're incredibly poo poo, I can't believe the prices people pay for them. Just no features you might ever need but they cost more than a Fortinet box. I kind of get the Meraki sales pitch is that they are meant to be easy to manage, but someone who has no understanding of the concept of a firewall rule or a subnet still isn't going to be able to work them, so I don't really believe the skill needed to look after them is *that* much lower than something that actually has features. Also the VPN is garbage.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Boss is thinking of replacing all our APs with meraki APs.

On that note, boss is also thinking of getting the Cisco DNA appliance to manage all of our switches - are there better alternatives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I have no problem with the access points, they work pretty well, the prices are in line with Aruba etc, the management is nice. It’s the firewall and switch offerings that seem crazy.