Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

repiv posted:

Just noticed a Caustic wandering around during the pre-game intro on KC, is that new or have I just not been paying attention

Definitely new. As is this thing:
https://twitter.com/frozenfroh/status/1364281401944776707

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hearing rumblings of a Caustic town takeover next, so I assume its that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/frozenfroh/status/1364283212143411203

refine it you say

maybe water treatment is getting repurposed? it's one of the few parts of KC that's never been updated, and it would balance out the S8 KC updates by putting something new on the opposite side

repiv fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 23, 2021

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Years ago in League, they killed off a champ for a plot thing, and he was briefly un-selectable as a champion (the tooltip literally said "Gangplank is dead").

I want Caustic's gas to do 20 damage a tick, just for a day, is what I'm saying.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 23, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

a new mirage voyage style location except when you press the party button the entire region is instantly flooded with gas

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Boxman posted:

Years ago in League, they killed off a champ for a plot thing, and he was briefly un-selectable as a champion (the tooltip literally said "Gangplank is dead").

I want Caustic's gas to do 20 damage a tick, just for a day, is what I'm saying.

Same with our beautiful boy Skeleton King in dota :rip:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The preview refers to (spoilers for the next map change and location) a Caustic "town takeover" of Water Treatment.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

NGL it's been really weird not having full white gear +mozzie on drop and seeing a bunch of white items again. Game felt so much faster when you didn't have to sweat finding blue or better stuff.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Same with our beautiful boy Skeleton King in dota :rip:

Wasn’t that part of a trademark dispute though?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The preview refers to (spoilers for the next map change and location) a Caustic "town takeover" of Water Treatment.

Just town takeover The Cage goddamnit it suuucks :mad:

Water Treatment is one of my favourite places :smith:

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I hate dropping without anything. The LTM was so fun

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

booo change up Olympus instead

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Just as i was bitching locked and loaded came back!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

e:fb lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I think they should always have you drop with a kit and just have it rotate. Sometimes it's Mozambique Week, then P20, etc

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I think they turned the takeover event back on.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

repiv posted:

Just noticed a Caustic wandering around during the pre-game intro on KC, is that new or have I just not been paying attention

Last season, it was Horizon and Pathfinder on the title screen. Horizon the new character. Pathfinder eventually was the star of an event.

This season it's Fuse and Caustic on the title screen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
And Fuse slapped Caustic on the rear end. I still love the look on the latter's face.

And Bloodhound's reaction is perfect.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Best hemlock skin in the game, golden arrow, is currently on sale if any one wants it. The iron sights are fantastic on it.

Wish they put that hunt triple take back out

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Wasn’t that part of a trademark dispute though?

Skeleton King becoming Wraith King happened well over a year after the trademark dispute with Blizzard had ended. I've mostly seen it attributed to China not being okay with skeletons.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

Just town takeover The Cage goddamnit it suuucks :mad:

Water Treatment is one of my favourite places :smith:

The cage is my favorite zone :colbert:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Kel__l/status/1363976243390132229

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Best hemlock skin in the game, golden arrow, is currently on sale if any one wants it. The iron sights are fantastic on it.

Wish they put that hunt triple take back out

I wish they'd stop trying to sell those awful Kraber skins and their recolors. I swear they've been in the shop more than anything else

The recolor of the sunken ship Hemlok skin that's in there now is dope

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Just keep it the way it is forever, it's awesome.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I like having three levels of loot. Just finding blues and purples was kind of boring. :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah IMO if I was in charge the best path forward is a middle ground between the base game and the LTM. Drop with a Mozambique, 1x HCOG, Level 1 Evo Shield, 2 syringes and shield cells. Everything else you find.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Dropping with a gun and armour actually means that I don't mind hot dropping anymore because I can still down someone with the mozzie and have some wiggle room unless they find like, purple and a mastiff or something.

Dropping without anything and losing the ping battle to pick something up because all my friends are on NA kinda sucks :v:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah I really like starting with armor, any gun, and a couple of healing items. It feels so nice to have a fighting chance on a hot drop rather than automatically dying because you found a bunch of attachments and no gun or armor.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I really liked the kitted out guns and rarity. I think that's one thing that Warzone does well since you're not just scrambling to pick bits and pieces of loot up

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I could take it or leave it on the armor, but the real things I'll miss are the backpacks and knockdown shields. I hate managing my loot with just the 10 slots and it's too easy for somebody to casually finish you off with no knockdown shield, but I'm never excited to pick them up either. Same with the cells and syringes.

I enjoy having a weapon when I drop but... this sounds crazy to say, but I think the Moz is too good. Maybe the P2020 instead?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lol, if you had spent the last two weeks with the p2020 you'd be saying the same about the moz.

It's just familiarity.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yeah starting with a backpack helps tremendously.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Always dropping with a gun means we’ll lose the early game janky fisticuffs or mobbing some schmuck

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Tweak posted:

Always dropping with a gun means we’ll lose the early game janky fisticuffs or mobbing some schmuck

If anything I've punched more people to death recently after running out of shots and just punching people to death instead of reloading my mozzie

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Live At Five! posted:

If anything I've punched more people to death recently after running out of shots and just punching people to death instead of reloading my mozzie

Yeah the reload speed is what really makes the mozz so bad. If it could take an extended mag it'd... well, I guess it'd just be a mini EVA-8 at that point

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Someone needs to tell the devs that looting isn't particularly fun and the current mode still regularly has weird loot. It's not like I'm getting everything I want every single game. I think Locked and Loaded is a vast improvement.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The scramble for guns and shields is what makes hot drops so terrible. I fully support default white items.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Yeah, but evo shields are the only thing you can really see from enough distance that you can redirect to them during the drop. Once Shrike taught me that trick, I started winning a lot more hot drops in ranked.

Edit: although I guess you could still see blue or purple shields too, so nevermind.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I can usually tell what guns on rooftops are in time to redirect to them, which makes things a lot easier when it happens