Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Cyberpunk patch delayed by another month. Looking forward to playing the version native to the system I paid for, 12 years after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I said come in! posted:

Square doesn't have a history of giving away their own in- house games for Xbox Gold, or PS+, so I would be really surprised by such a major AAA title of theirs being free next month. FF7R is still $60 on PSN.

Is Tomb Raider not one of theirs, it was available in January

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Yeah I mean they will gladly give away their published games, but they don't tend to do their own in-house titles. But maybe that is changing for them cause like someone else pointed out, Final Fantasy XV is actually free on PS+. I bet anything though its rumor that has been misunderstood, and is really just the release of the PS5 upgrade.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
AC Valhalla is so much worse than Odyssey. Its really disappointing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Not a Children posted:

They tend to play a little more fast and loose with games developed by their subsidiaries, I think Deus Ex Mankind Divided was on PS+ too

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Lots of differing opinions about Valhalla. Though Odyssey had mixed reactions too.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The ps5 game will be a one-time bonus of 901 vbucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Lots of differing opinions about Valhalla. Though Odyssey had mixed reactions too.

I loved Odyssey, but Valhalla I felt was a huge step backwards and massively disappointing game. I also ran into a game breaking bug where it tried to play two cutscenes at once and no matter what I did I couldn't continue, even when going back to an earlier save. It was a far more broken game than Cyberpunk 2077 even but somehow got a free pass.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i dunno, im starting to dig it now. i like the design of the areas at least. hope its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy0zALF_gM

Waiting to see if the gameplay holds up but drat this looks so gooooood

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Odyssey was too loving long and big and a mess of three(?) separate stories you could do any which way which hosed the ends of all three. I was hoping for a smaller more narrow in scope game with Valhalla but no it’s apparently even bigger.

The river raids DLC its getting looks real loving fun, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyberpunk and Valhalla were finally the open world games that killed that genre for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I would be extremely happy with a version of FF7 remake on PS+.

PantsBandit posted:

Cyberpunk patch delayed by another month. Looking forward to playing the version native to the system I paid for, 12 years after release.

The big meanie hackers stopped us from making our lovely game just a tad less lovely.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've said it before, a tighter knit Odyssey would probably one of my all time favorite games. Instead I resented it as I was finishing it (but the ending was good).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

In the almighty court of goon opinion, AC Odyssey made Top 10 GOTY for 2018 and Valhalla didn't even rank. Well, it was rank in other ways!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anywho, for those that haven't got to play FF7 Remake yet, and if it is free next week; ooooh boy are you all in for a treat. FF7 Remake is one of the best games of 2020, and really of the PS4 generation period. Like top 5 favorite games of that gen.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF7R is really good, I should probably actually beat it lol

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

exquisite tea posted:

In the almighty court of goon opinion, AC Odyssey made Top 10 GOTY for 2018 and Valhalla didn't even rank. Well, it was rank in other ways!

I finished Odyssey and it was one of my favorite games of that year and didn’t even make it halfway through Valhalla. So I’m in the same boat as this opinion.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
All right, so in theory I have successfully managed to nab one of these dumb things. Anything that I should know? Do I need to transfer anything over from the ps4 or can I just plug my external in and get right back to most things?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

elf help book posted:

The Final Fantasy 13 series rocks

I wish this was true for me. But god I hated the vanilla FF13 so goddamn much. I kinda raged out of ff13-2 and never played lightning returns. Sell me on it please I want to like it!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I wish this was true for me. But god I hated the vanilla FF13 so goddamn much. I kinda raged out of ff13-2 and never played lightning returns. Sell me on it please I want to like it!!!

Just skip to Lightning Returns. You'll understand nothing that's going on but you won't need to.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
FF7R was a bit weird as I thought the combat/leveling/questing got consistently less fun as the game went on to the point where I was really feeling over it by the end. It is a good game though, and they did a really great job with the combat system for the most part.

The soundtrack is dope as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rinkles posted:

I've said it before, a tighter knit Odyssey would probably one of my all time favorite games.

:hai:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

The big meanie hackers stopped us from making our lovely game just a tad less lovely.

Dear gamers,

We're sorry to announce the delay of our upcoming patch. Our team has identified the species of animal that is eating our homework, but locating and capturing it will take additional time. This has forced us to reevaluate our delivery timeline.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
AC Origins is better than Odyssey and no I don't know how to quantify that in any way it's just true.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Just skip to Lightning Returns. You'll understand nothing that's going on but you won't need to.

Even if you play FF13 you won't understand what is going on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FF13 had that cool song at the end that’s my good FF13 story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

FF13 had that cool song at the end that’s my good FF13 story.

Final Fantasy tends to always have really good end credit songs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy tends to always have really good end credit songs.

The end song in 15 with the complete logo reveal was a top gaming moment of the year for me.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

RichterIX posted:

AC Origins is better than Odyssey and no I don't know how to quantify that in any way it's just true.

I enjoyed both of them, but definitely Origins more. Exploring classical Egypt was so fun, hallucinations in the desert, "I thought it'd be bigger" re: the Sphinx. The mission where you are showing off for kids.

I have Valhalla, but still in the tutorial. Need to give it some time.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Thinking back on it I think a big problem with Odyssey for me was performance on base PS4. I can't believe I never heard much outcry about how lovely it was, load times on death were often measured in minutes. Maybe it was something wrong with my old PS4 but I didn't have problems on any other game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

exquisite tea posted:

This, it's so fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The REAL Goobusters posted:

How do you rage out of 13-2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RichterIX posted:

Thinking back on it I think a big problem with Odyssey for me was performance on base PS4. I can't believe I never heard much outcry about how lovely it was, load times on death were often measured in minutes. Maybe it was something wrong with my old PS4 but I didn't have problems on any other game.

I whined about that a lot. The menu taking over a second to load in was the cherry on top.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just got a cat for my longship so that’s given me goodwill for a little while longer

Also the big bug I had with Odyssey on PS4 Pro was freezing during battles, like one frame every 10-15 seconds, until you went in and out of the menu.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I just got a cat for my longship so that’s given me goodwill for a little while longer

Also the big bug I had with Odyssey on PS4 Pro was freezing during battles, like one frame every 10-15 seconds, until you went in and out of the menu.

Don't think I ever had that. Also played on a pro.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

odyssey runs better on a pro than ps5. i think ps5 must be using ps4 vanilla compatibility mode or something

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

elf help book posted:

How do you rage out of 13-2

The story is insane but not in a fun Nomura way, to me. Also residual rage from FF13.

Honestly willing to give 13-2 and Lightning Returns another look. I've been seeing 13 get so new love since its been over 10 years since that game came out and I just can't.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Sentient Data posted:

Heads up that the hitman2 expansion set is $10 again, if you buy the ps4 expansion it makes the ps5 access pass free (normally $40). I have a ps4 disc of hitman 2 that I can start a mail chain of is anyone wants to pass the game around to unlock the levels in hitman3

So if I have a Hitman 1 on digital and Hitman 2 on a PS4 disc is this what I want to get so I can play the old levels in Hitman 3 PS5 when I eventually pick it up?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RichterIX posted:

I just beat Odyssey on base PS4 a few weeks ago and the load times are pretty bad yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I platinumed odyssey on a base ps4. 150 hours baybee