Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A few of my friends are going crazy over how much better ps4 games on the ps5, and I didn't really get it. Then I remembered that they (smartly?) didn't shell out for the PS4 Pro like I did. That's a much, much bigger gap for them.

The other interesting thing is how everyone I've talked to had a different "Holy hell, Astro is incredible" moment. For me, it was the pitter patter of the rain. Someone else is totally obsessed with the monkey levels and eagerly wants a full game built around that. Metallic floors, wind, sand... seems like everyone is blown away by a different piece.

Someone else also convinced me to give Cold War a go, since the adaptive triggers are apparently crazy cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I 100%ed both Origins and Odyssey. Origins is a far superior game. Odyssey is... Fine but overly ambitious. I am afraid to play Valhalla.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

fridge corn posted:

I platinumed odyssey on a base ps4. 150 hours baybee

40 hours of which was loading screens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The scope of the world is impressive in Odyssey but it's way too loving long for its own good

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

The Bunk posted:

So if I have a Hitman 1 on digital and Hitman 2 on a PS4 disc is this what I want to get so I can play the old levels in Hitman 3 PS5 when I eventually pick it up?

Yep! HM1 will get you the goty access in 3, and if you have the standard disc, that will get you access to the base levels from 2. The $10 expansion will give you access to the 2 big dlc levels from 2 along with the sniper missions and whatever other extras there were.

Note: if you already have hm2 gold edition or already bought the expansion stuff, you don't need the $10 pack

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Literally everything about Origins is worse than Odyssey, I will never understand how anyone can prefer it unless you either really like Egypt or didn’t play as Kassandrs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The world is a loving vampire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wario64 posted this 15 minutes ago, even with the requirement that you had to be a GameFly member (and them shutting off trial memberships) this was loving gone in the three minutes between putting it in my cart and double-checking my math to see how much I was being gouged

(It came with 9 months of Gamefly which I am doing anyway so whatever, it would have been $535 for the console + Miles)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1364675431404695555

locusts

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

FF7R was a bit weird as I thought the combat/leveling/questing got consistently less fun as the game went on to the point where I was really feeling over it by the end. It is a good game though, and they did a really great job with the combat system for the most part.

The soundtrack is dope as well.

FF7R is my top 5 to of the PS4 generation and I've been thinking about doing a re-play. As you said, they did a really good job with the combat system improving on all the faults from FFXV, and the new story-beats are awesome as well. The Voice Acting, especially RED XIII, are top notch, the music incredible, ect.

My one issue is the end of the game feels like a slog. It becomes boss fight after boss fight after boss fight with no rest (and few chances to save in between some of them) and while I like the active battle system it also becomes exhausting because you don't get a chance to rest, and in standard JRPG fashion some of the FF7R boss fights can seriously last 30mins or more, so god help you if you die towards the end and gotta start over!

That said once you do beat it, it has one hell of an end game cinematic/song and I can't wait for part 2.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Direct going up in 5 minutes:

Standard:

https://t.co/DZnyu1ZDXU?amp=1

Digital:

https://t.co/nDSpGmBBg6?amp=1

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate the PS5

Its existence only causes me misery

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wario64 posted this 15 minutes ago, even with the requirement that you had to be a GameFly member (and them shutting off trial memberships) this was loving gone in the three minutes between putting it in my cart and double-checking my math to see how much I was being gouged

I mean three minutes is like an eternity with something like this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean three minutes is like an eternity with something like this

I am being conditioned to instantly be like "Oh yeah a variable amount of hundreds of dollars, need to move with the speed of a High Frequency Trade, don't think just spend"

The world is darkness and pain

Edit:

boz posted:

Direct going up in 5 minutes:

Standard:

https://t.co/DZnyu1ZDXU?amp=1

Digital:

https://t.co/nDSpGmBBg6?amp=1

W64 with the accurate take

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 24, 2021

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hate the PS5

Its non existence only causes me misery

I wonder if they could have delayed it by a year, ensured they had a huge first batch and release when stores were open instead of relying on online markets.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

I wonder if they could have delayed it by a year, ensured they had a huge first batch and release when stores were open instead of relying on online markets.

optimistic of you

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
No real point in warehousing and securing consoles when you can ship them and sell them as fast as you can make them, a lot of supply chains rely on just-in-time delivery which has of course been upended in the last year.

PS5s have been easier to get than PC video cards at least.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where the F is the ps plus March announcement

acksplode
May 17, 2004

infraboy posted:

No real point in warehousing and securing consoles when you can ship them and sell them as fast as you can make them, a lot of supply chains rely on just-in-time delivery which has of course been upended in the last year.

Yeah leaving stock sitting in warehouses is just a liability for Sony. Also each PS5 they hold back is a potential missed opportunity that goes to some other piece of gaming hardware. FOMO for the people who can't find a PS5 sucks, but when there's demand like this you gotta feed it to the degree that you can, even if your supply is a trickle.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Where the F is the ps plus March announcement

Probably being held until the direct tomorrow.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
What is fun is unloading 18 of them off a truck for Target and them all being sold out online before the store opens.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well if ff7r is a march game and theyre announcing it at the direct.....................

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Kirios posted:

I 100%ed both Origins and Odyssey. Origins is a far superior game. Odyssey is... Fine but overly ambitious. I am afraid to play Valhalla.

Play it but be very afraid the entire time that a world quest will bug out and stop you from 100%ing it (I had this happen twice). That or the hosed stealth detection will make you sink hours into the "10 assassinations in a row" achievement to have some mook spot you instantly from halfway across a camp.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

A few of my friends are going crazy over how much better ps4 games on the ps5, and I didn't really get it. Then I remembered that they (smartly?) didn't shell out for the PS4 Pro like I did. That's a much, much bigger gap for them.

The other interesting thing is how everyone I've talked to had a different "Holy hell, Astro is incredible" moment. For me, it was the pitter patter of the rain. Someone else is totally obsessed with the monkey levels and eagerly wants a full game built around that. Metallic floors, wind, sand... seems like everyone is blown away by a different piece.

Someone else also convinced me to give Cold War a go, since the adaptive triggers are apparently crazy cool.

I had a PS4 pro for years and feel like the difference is night and day. I turned it back on after having a PS5 for a month and it felt almost unusable with how slow everything was.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

elf help book posted:

How do you rage out of 13-2

i got to final final boss and i was underleveled and couldnt beat them lmao. didnt want to go back and grind and wanted to head straight into 13-3, so i youtube it. :negative: not my fav of the 3 but i kinda like what it was doing and that boss theme owns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

I had a PS4 pro for years and feel like the difference is night and day. I turned it back on after having a PS5 for a month and it felt almost unusable with how slow everything was.

I had to mess around with the Pro for an hour because of a PS5 boost mode problem with Kiwami 2 and it took like 3 minutes to load the game when it takes 6 seconds on the 5.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The unbelievable thing is that that piece of poo poo still retails for $400

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It might not be as big a difference for people who put SSDs in their Pros, but as someone who had a launch PS4 with an HDD, the PS5 is insanely better. It loads games way faster than my PC with its SSD too. I know this because I do cross-play on Cold War with it and I can launch the game from Battle.net and on PS5 at the same time, and PS5 can be in a match before the game even begins to load on my PC.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah The pro was never worth the upgrade imo. The benefits were so marginal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah The pro was never worth the upgrade imo. The benefits were so marginal.

There are a bunch of games that are acceptable on pro and not on base imo. the last guardian is one of my fav ps4 games but its so rough on base

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Odyssey is probably the better game than Origins but Origins was a lot more focused and detailed with the world design and had a lot of cool little touches like hallucinations in the desert. Odyssey is a really fun game but it becomes way too easy to be burned out by it; it simply has too much stuff to the point you get burned out long before any of the three endings.

I played Valhalla for about 12 hours but put it down. The entire game just feels off somehow and I can't tell if some of the things which really annoyed me about it was by design or just the result of a bug - like mooks being alerted to you even when they were miles away and had their back turned to you whenever you took someone else out. From bushes.

It felt like the game actively wanted to make stealth assassinations a much worse option than going in axes blazing. At least the other games made stealth assassinations viable even if charging into combat was quicker.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Odyssey is probably the better game than Origins but Origins was a lot more focused and detailed with the world design and had a lot of cool little touches like hallucinations in the desert. Odyssey is a really fun game but it becomes way too easy to be burned out by it; it simply has too much stuff to the point you get burned out long before any of the three endings.

I played Valhalla for about 12 hours but put it down. The entire game just feels off somehow and I can't tell if some of the things which really annoyed me about it was by design or just the result of a bug - like mooks being alerted to you even when they were miles away and had their back turned to you whenever you took someone else out. From bushes.

It felt like the game actively wanted to make stealth assassinations a much worse option than going in axes blazing. At least the other games made stealth assassinations viable even if charging into combat was quicker.

i am like 40 hours into valhalla and not actually that far into the story because i mostly use it as a podcast game to gently caress around in. i like that the game encourages you to fight dirty and poo poo. odyssey was similar at times but that game was all about being a massiver super being who could AOE spartans to death.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1356702744657223680

also love my ps5 so far but the main screen is glitched to poo poo. how do fix it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1356702744657223680

also love my ps5 so far but the main screen is glitched to poo poo. how do fix it?

Rebuild database

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Rebuild database

ty. will that kill my save data? i mean alot of it is in the cloud and a bunch of stuff is saved on a thing but i assume i have to reinstall poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ty. will that kill my save data? i mean alot of it is in the cloud and a bunch of stuff is saved on a thing but i assume i have to reinstall poo poo

No you'll be okay. PlayStation makes a new partition for each and every game, and this is why weird stuff happens, but it makes it really safe from data corruption that results in losing important data.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Rinkles posted:

The unbelievable thing is that that piece of poo poo still retails for $400
My PS4 died on me recently and I was unsuccessful in fixing it. After looking at the prices to buy even a used PS4, I decided it was more cost effective to just buy a PS5. Managed to snag one during the Gamestop drop last night, so now I need to decide on which PS4 backlog game to start: Spider-man, The Last of Us, or God of War?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Henker posted:

My PS4 died on me recently and I was unsuccessful in fixing it. After looking at the prices to buy even a used PS4, I decided it was more cost effective to just buy a PS5. Managed to snag one during the Gamestop drop last night, so now I need to decide on which PS4 backlog game to start: Spider-man, The Last of Us, or God of War?

God of war is just excellent id start there

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderman's the only decent game on that list so play that one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Henker posted:

Last of Us > God of War > Spider-Man imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Spiderman's the only decent game on that list so play that one

sure, right :rolleyes: