Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

deltah posted:

I feel like 11 act 1 relics is a lot, right?

I would think so yeah. I took 250 gold for 18 damage at beginning and got a brimstone right before elites in return. Theres also another shop later where i took 2 more and youre able to because theres a golden idol floor 3 sooo yeah pretty nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My 8-year-old kids notice so many details that I just haven't picked up on in my 900 gameplay hours.

They pointed out today that the Bronze Automaton's minions are baby sentries.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 23, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Drunk Nerds posted:

goon fantasy football craft beer league

Wait what?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Some Goon posted:

Wait what?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933194

It's mainly for people who just want to trade local beer back and forth because shipping costs have made it so no one makes any $ unless you win it all.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey let's do that thing where we play a seed and discuss our choices.

I'm stuck as Watcher at A9 so that's what I'm doing, but do whatever Ascension you want.

The run seed is "FUDGELICKER69"

Seed: FUDGELICKER69
Class: Watcher, A9
Goal: chain 360 noscope head shots on every boss, including the heart.

Run 1: Oh my god, Pain and Runic Pyramid is death.

Run 2: Everything going according to plan, until I get Normality from the wheel of fortune event in act 3 with no shops left on my path. While I'm able to beat Reptomancer with that curse stuck in my hand, the boss is MUCH harder. D&D chew through 2 fairy potions, a cultist potion, and a lizard tail when I draw it turn 2. Scry failed me :( I did restart here to try a different gameplan, so this could count as a loss. But I was able to get Donut down, then chain spirit shields to survive against Deca.

Act 4, removed Normality, Fed off the spear, and did a lot of hand talking with the heart.

Fasting was great, I got it from the early act 3 shop, and it was the reason I was able to clear some fights while cursed. Bottled it for act 4 to use with Clockwork Souvenir.

Battle Hymn won act 1, then sometimes turned into a hand bloating curse with Runic Pyramid. Have to be careful to manage Smites if you're stashing cards like Spirit Shield. Can't even keep throwing Hymn away with Scry, because Lesson Learned will upgrade it to innate.

Various Meat Products posted:

You'd think that Busted Crown on floor 0 would cripple the run, but it turns out the one card you get offered is still a watcher card. :v:

lmao, did you also have an Iron Wave stuck in the wall?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

Seed: FUDGELICKER69
Class: Watcher, A9
Goal: chain 360 noscope head shots on every boss, including the heart.

Thank you for your service! I love discussing choices on seeded runs so much!

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

jetz0r posted:

lmao, did you also have an Iron Wave stuck in the wall?

yep

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Got the game a couple days ago after hearing that it was finally available on Android, and just did my first Watcher run, which ended up doubling up as my first Heart kill.

It went hilariously wrong from the start when I got the Message in the Wall random event early on in Act 1 and accidentally fatfingered the wrong card to give away.
That card was my sole Wrath generator, and I never got another one. Well, until one finally dropped from bloody Shield and Spear.

It was also the first time I've used Runic Dome as my energy relic, which made doing Act 4 blind particularly fun.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
I, too, took the dreaded Pain/Pyramid nonbo, and the apparitions hp loss to boot. I didn't feel like restarting so I save scummed through 2 hallway fights before I got a shop to remove the Pain. (save scum is my favorite block card)

DonuDeca was tricky to manage, but Time Eater and act 4 were no match for a 60 damage Ritual Dagger with Wrath and Pen Nib. Next time I will try to cheat less.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm stuck as Watcher at A9 so that's what I'm doing, but do whatever Ascension you want.

I loving suck

Feedback appreciated. Keep in mind I'm trying to beat the heart on these runs.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Transient is a damage check. Too many halts etc

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

So it turns out having Bash on Watcher is pretty loving good.

In retrospect Meditate is probably not the best calm entry for a pyramid deck but I was really hard up for calm cards. Not that it mattered that much.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I loving suck

Feedback appreciated. Keep in mind I'm trying to beat the heart on these runs.
You're playing Watcher, you should be killing poo poo. You have 3 Wrath entry cards, but most of your deck doesn't deal damage. Comparing our two decks, mine was 28 cards, yours was 30. So close enough on total size. I had 19 cards that deal damage, you had 12. I had 6 dedicated block cards (not ttth style attacks), and you had 12! I had some dorky powers that didn't do damage, but I also had two recurring attacks to get even more hits in. Your deck might have been better if you removed some Defends instead of Strikes. It's a lot easier to line up Wrath + damage cards to kill enemies when you have more damage cards.

I guess you never saw Spirit Shield, but that poo poo is A+ with a Runic Pyramid. Even without RS, it's still great if you have retain or card draw. I slam picked it because it would protect me from having a bad block turn against the heart. It sits there, then dumps out 40 block for 2 mana, regardless of what else you have in hand. I picked up the second because my deck was a little light on block cards, a Halt would have been nice, but not a block common that cost mana.

Transient should be super easy for Watcher, you go into Wrath ASAP and never leave it, unless you're dancing back into it.

Overall I'd say the deck has a little too much not-damage compared to damage, but I think it has a shot at killing the heart in a bit longer fight thanks to 2* TttH and 4* Halt.

Straight White Shark posted:

In retrospect Meditate is probably not the best calm entry for a pyramid deck but I was really hard up for calm cards. Not that it mattered that much.

I think I saw Meditate after Locket? Meditate isn't bad, not as good as Fear No Evil. Maybe Mental Fortress is enough to make it good with Pyramid. But I was hoping to get a FNE or have a Flurry before getting a Meditate once I had Locket. Locket was enough bonus calm mana for my one wrath source deck, since I guess I never saw that Tantrum. Having a Tantrum really ups the value of getting more calming cards.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 24, 2021

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Drunk Nerds posted:

Took Crown because I had courier and wish for tons of money, then lucked into 3 copies of the best card in the game.

Wouldn't have won on a higher ascension, needed to find a rush down or calipers, something to smooth out the occasional turns where I was stuck in wrath.

Did manage to one shot decu with a 76x6 expunger. Felt nice.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Uh, so i'm trying to play FUDGELICKER69 at A9, and I can neither choose a starting gift nor pick up keys. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Ok, I enabled the "ending" setting. Still no choice on starting gift. W/e let's do this.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 24, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Uh, so i'm trying to play FUDGELICKER69 at A9, and I can neither choose a starting gift nor pick up keys. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Ok, I enabled the "ending" setting. Still no choice on starting gift. W/e let's do this.

Sounds like you're on a new save file, maybe? In the opening menu screen click on you username.

jetz0r posted:

You're playing Watcher, you should be killing poo poo. You have 3 Wrath entry cards, but most of your deck doesn't deal damage. Comparing our two decks, mine was 28 cards, yours was 30. So close enough on total size. I had 19 cards that deal damage, you had 12. I had 6 dedicated block cards (not ttth style attacks), and you had 12! I had some dorky powers that didn't do damage, but I also had two recurring attacks to get even more hits in. Your deck might have been better if you removed some Defends instead of Strikes. It's a lot easier to line up Wrath + damage cards to kill enemies when you have more damage cards.

I guess you never saw Spirit Shield, but that poo poo is A+ with a Runic Pyramid. Even without RS, it's still great if you have retain or card draw. I slam picked it because it would protect me from having a bad block turn against the heart. It sits there, then dumps out 40 block for 2 mana, regardless of what else you have in hand. I picked up the second because my deck was a little light on block cards, a Halt would have been nice, but not a block common that cost mana.

Transient should be super easy for Watcher, you go into Wrath ASAP and never leave it, unless you're dancing back into it.

Overall I'd say the deck has a little too much not-damage compared to damage, but I think it has a shot at killing the heart in a bit longer fight thanks to 2* TttH and 4* Halt.

I think I saw Meditate after Locket? Meditate isn't bad, not as good as Fear No Evil. Maybe Mental Fortress is enough to make it good with Pyramid. But I was hoping to get a FNE or have a Flurry before getting a Meditate once I had Locket. Locket was enough bonus calm mana for my one wrath source deck, since I guess I never saw that Tantrum. Having a Tantrum really ups the value of getting more calming cards.

Thanks for this, so much. Yeah there's something I seem to have forgotten about watcher (my only A20 heart kill is from watcher) because I keep killing the heart in 1-3 runs with the other 3 classes, then just sit there for 10-30 on watcher. One thing is that I'm primary parent for 2 remote-learning ADHD 8 year olds, so I'm constantly doing half the math then getting distracted and doing it again, but I should be able to play around that.

Consciously stopping every few fights and saying, "hey, is my ratio of attack draw % sufficient or did I let it slip too low" is one great was to fix that.

Thanks again!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 24, 2021

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

Under normal circumstances I like Meditate a lot, I was just running into issues with my hand getting clogged due to pyramid where I'd rather dig further into the deck than retain a couple cards from discard.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Sounds like you're on a new save file, maybe? In the opening menu screen click on you username.

Not a new profile. Didn't get to choose a starting bonus, I think it defaulted to HP bonus. Which is fine.

Battle Trance carried me through act 1 and then Judgment carried me through Act 2. It may be the best act 2 card in the game. It deletes birds, spheres, gremlins, you name it. After upgrading it, It deleted slavers after a small poke. Then it was all Double tantrum + double fasting. My block engine was deceive reality because it doubled up on the fasting bonuses. Picking up that clockwork souvenir made fasting even more ridiculous.

Biggest regret was turning down the upgraded talk to the hand and being forced to skip the tongs after I grabbed the bell. 3 curses is just too much.

Edit: tooltip is blocking Bronze scales, souvenir, and vajra relics.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This means you're doing it through custom runs, watch don't give you whale gifts. You need to do it in the normal section to get it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh gently caress, just realized there is no ascender's bane at A9. Maybe I should have grabbed those tongs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my latest win was pathetically easy. i relic swapped into snecko eye on defect and then got three sunders in act 1 hallway fights, while also getting an echo form in act 1 hallway and then getting an echo form as act 1 reward. act 1 boss relic i took converter, then the first shop in act 2 had a meteor strike

i almost killed the heart, i had triple echo form but then none of my card draw showed up and i died.

Booklegger
Aug 2, 2008

FUDGELICKER69 felt too easy on A9. I took extra max HP, grabbed an early empty fist followed by a tantrum, and had a fairly straightforward Act 1, but then went Apparition event, Ritual Dagger event, Tongs event, and just sailed after that. Perfected Shield & Spear, and took 1 whole damage from the Heart while having a Fairy in a bottle left.

I missed what the Lesson Learned upgraded when I killed the Heart with it tho.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
What a wet fart of a Daily for me. Don't know why I prepped my deck as a status/fire breathing deck, but the synergies never came so I was far too light on damage. Red Mask gang wiped the floor with me and I deserved it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The android version seems to maybe have a bug or something where I can't go up ascensions with Defect. I've won twice on Ascension 1 and still stuck there.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Chairchucker posted:

The android version seems to maybe have a bug or something where I can't go up ascensions with Defect. I've won twice on Ascension 1 and still stuck there.

I thought that was happening to me, but it turned out the little Ascension box was unchecked. Maybe double-check that?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Thanks all, especially jetz0r!

What finally clicked for me was realizing (remembering?) that Watcher likes to build up to a huge turn.

I ended up with more HP than when I started. That's what the apparitions event does, right?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Turns out that Nightmare and Alchemize+ make a very nice combo, especially in multiples.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It's okay. Nightmare is for wraith form, blur, etc first usually imo

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

AverySpecialfriend posted:

It's okay. Nightmare is for wraith form, blur, etc first usually imo

I love when I can pull off Nightmare/After Image. Blade Dance/+ deals 12/16 damage and gives 16/20 block for 1 energy :swoon:.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The only offensive card you should really be using nightmare on is catalyst unless you have some sort of psycho shuriken deck

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Two firsts with this deck: My first use of runic dome and my first back-to-back heart kill on any level.

The hardest part was doing nothing turn 2 against the heart: I drew no block, but had a apparition+ and tungsten rod. I started to just play the apparition in case the heart had its multi-attack. But then I remembered that tunic rod preventing the 1 point of heart beat damage, for WHATEVER REASON, still triggers the free hit absorb from helix.

So I just had to flip a coin and hope it either came up BIG heart single attack or hope it left me with enough HP to piece together a run.

It did the big hit.

Runic dome, wow: That was a ride.

It was in my category of stuff I don't pick because I really don't like playing a micro-manage game (along with frozen eye and nilry's codex). But then I watched Baalorlord use it successfully to get a heartkill.

It's amazing how much confidence that guy gives me. I watched Jorbs pick the Dome then consult a spreadsheet for every turn. That was months ago and I never picked it. Last night I watched Baalorlord pick it and regularly go, "okay I think the enemy is doing this move, so I'm safe" <eats poo poo, still limps out of the fight and goes on to kill the heart.> Picked it next time it came up and, whelp!

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Chairchucker posted:

Same here. I've beat A1 twice so far and no dice. The other three are A2 currently

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ok i could use some help. ive been trying to work my way up to an a20 heart kill and im messing around on a18. i got seed: 1GM439XVDI3QK as defect and exchanged for the boss relic and got the bell with ornithopter, calipers (very good), and molten egg which in my mind was loving outstanding cause egg before even getting a single card is ridiculous value. adding to this early the relic for curse event gives a du-vu doll which is three loving strength before i even see an elite. i then proceeded to totally fumble the seed in a2 and decided i wanted to try it again and hosed it up even earlier

i cant for the life of me get through this no matter how many times i replay the drat thing so i wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with this seed/doing boss relic exchange. im curious if i just suck at building this way or if my evaluation of the relic swap was a bad one

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Verviticus posted:

ok i could use some help. ive been trying to work my way up to an a20 heart kill and im messing around on a18. i got seed: 1GM439XVDI3QK as defect and exchanged for the boss relic and got the bell with ornithopter, calipers (very good), and molten egg which in my mind was loving outstanding cause egg before even getting a single card is ridiculous value. adding to this early the relic for curse event gives a du-vu doll which is three loving strength before i even see an elite. i then proceeded to totally fumble the seed in a2 and decided i wanted to try it again and hosed it up even earlier

i cant for the life of me get through this no matter how many times i replay the drat thing so i wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with this seed/doing boss relic exchange. im curious if i just suck at building this way or if my evaluation of the relic swap was a bad one

I'm gonna try this one but only on a9 with defect, so not a pro or anything lol

I got Runic Pyramid for my swap? Does it vary based on ascension?

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 25, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Verviticus posted:

I barely made it through act 1 after a horrible sentries fight and died second fight of act 2. Not a lot of block being offered. Bell is giving me blood vial, sundial, and calipers for some reason though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 25, 2021

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
maybe it has to be the exact same asc. as well?

edit: nope same relics on a17 and even a9

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yeah I restarted with A18 correctly this time and I still got those three. Idk, will see if I'm missing a patch.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

bizarre that you're getting the right swap and one of the three relics and the other guy is getting a pyramid

edit: i assume you're both on pc and not android or switch or something, no idea if that has an impact

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Oh, I'm on Switch. Maybe that's it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chaotic Flame posted:

Oh, I'm on Switch. Maybe that's it?

That would cause it, yes. As would not playing as the same character. Verv, did you ever say which class you were playing?

E: yes, you did.