Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I get it now

he’s called Rey Fenix because he’s so good at dying flashily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

katatonic posted:

He’s top 3 in the world right now and nobody can convince me otherwise

He’s top 3 if the other 2 on the list are also Rey Fenix.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

dromal phrenia posted:

Archer is a lot of fun to watch and it's good to have big men in ladder matches for a few reasons but I WANTED FENIX IN THE MATCH GODDAMNIT :rant:

I assume the bookers were like "no, fenix will finally succeed in killing himself if we let him in this match"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1674500672682213

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay the fist bump lets my Deathriders headcanon live on.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
now that we've watched the undercard let's settle in for the accountant

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009
I just like most of the roster of AEW rn so I’m not even mad when someone has to lose? The matches and the builds are so good and there’s like five more interesting outcomes to the storyline, even if you lose??? It’s so refreshing!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I want to know what happens when Fenix gets Lance up on his back.

If this doesn’t pay off I will be very upset.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dekk posted:

now that we've watched the undercard let's settle in for the accountant

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ok so fenix DEFINITELY does the jackie chan thing where he sees objects and tries to figure out how he can use them in bonkers ways in a fight

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, uh Penta is in the ladder match but Fenix is not.

Hopefully the brothers can has out this discrepancy in a reasonable fashion.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I just like most of the roster of AEW rn so I’m not even mad when someone has to lose? The matches and the builds are so good and there’s like five more interesting outcomes to the storyline, even if you lose??? It’s so refreshing!

Yeah what I really like about AEW is that whatever they do booking wise, even if I think something is weird or bad, they either take it somewhere cool or course correct it pretty quickly so I'm fine to just ride with it

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I think they do a good job of making it clear that there are favorites and underdogs, but also there are even matches that could go one way now, but the other next time. They’ve made the idea of rubber matches really important and don’t make people seem like ineffectual losers just because they don’t win every match (unless they are in fact ineffectual losers).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SatansOnion posted:

I get it now

he’s called Rey Fenix because he’s so good at dying flashily

He was billed in Lucha Underground as “The Man of a Thousand Lives”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The one thing I really like about AEW is Rey Fenix

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

dromal phrenia posted:

man, fenix REALLY wants to fireman's carry archer for some reason

I can picture Fenix after this match at his white board filled with strategies and slowly crossing out "fireman's carry on a gigantic man".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

StarkRavingMad posted:

He was billed in Lucha Underground as “The Man of a Thousand Lives”

That match gave me flashbacks to his Grave Consequences match and now I want to see an AEW casket match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960345