Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We live in a Justice Society of America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
One of the schoolgirls from Zach Snyder's Sucker Punch (OC do not steal)

Beachcomber posted:

Edit: deepfake Robert Z'dar as Bizarro

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Honestly I think it was pretty loving funny to include that in the trailer. It's like that moment in X-Men 3 where Juggernaut shouts, "I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" and I thought I was having a stroke because internet memes should not be in actual movies. Except now I embrace the hell-timeline we live in and am just rolling with the stupid.

*cut to Meet the Spartans "leave britney alone!!!"*

not that it refutes your statement

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The only funny Meet The Spartans joke is the "traditional Spartan greeting": firm handshake for the women, passionate kiss on the lips for men.

Edit: Also probably one of the last non-chud media Kevin Sorbo worked on, although the people who made it also made An American Carol (or as it is known in the UK: Big Fat American Movie).

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Roth posted:

The best reason to watch the Ultimate Cut is that it has a bunch of scenes of Clark as a reporter.

Not sure I can retain that sort of suspension of disbelief that there is someone who still has a job in journalism. I need at least some sort of realism in my stupid superhero movies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I maintain that the best adaptation of Superman would be a show about ace-reporter Lois Lane who has to drag along her bumbling co-worker Clark Kent on assignments. He always runs for cover while she runs to get the scoop and a great snap of Superman. Every episode ends with her admonishing his cowardice as he gives a coy look to the camera.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Teen Titans Go is going to FEAST on this whole charade.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Come And See posted:

Teen Titans Go is going to FEAST on this whole charade.

They recently did an entire episode about De La Soul's problems with getting their music rights back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this! posted:

They recently did an entire episode about De La Soul's problems with getting their music rights back.

I'm still amazed at that.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The MSJ posted:

Edit: Also probably one of the last non-chud media Kevin Sorbo worked on, although the people who made it also made An American Carol (or as it is known in the UK: Big Fat American Movie).

Seltzerberg didn’t do An American Carol, and it looks like they’ve been in DTV hell for over a decade at this point. An American Carol is even more depressing because it was by David Zucker, of Airplane!, Police Squad!, The Naked Gun, and Hot Shots fame.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The bad Zucker.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

feedmyleg posted:

I maintain that the best adaptation of Superman would be a show about ace-reporter Lois Lane who has to drag along her bumbling co-worker Clark Kent on assignments. He always runs for cover while she runs to get the scoop and a great snap of Superman. Every episode ends with her admonishing his cowardice as he gives a coy look to the camera.

Mad Magazine #4 did this, it did not go well for Clark

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

Mad Magazine #4 did this, it did not go well for Clark

Ok, I have questions:

1) Why does the logo on his chest change every panel? Are they supposed to be sponsors? Is that why in the third panel it’s the His Master’s Voice logo?

2) What’s with the Lilliputian Devil Children?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

muscles like this! posted:

Whoa. That's loving great.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

maybe they'll do an episode about jared leto's weird sex cult

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The mad magazine superman bit is so great. Shazam decides to switch to crime and explains himself to superman: "So I was punching my way through a mountain the other day when I realized, I should get paid for this. After all, not everyone can punch their way through a mountain, and with their face no less!"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Seltzerberg didn’t do An American Carol, and it looks like they’ve been in DTV hell for over a decade at this point.

Looking them up, they didn't even work on Scary Movie (despite constantly being credited as "two of the six writers of Scary Movie"). Apparently they were working on a totally separate Scream parody for Miramax, and the WGA decided that they had to be credited on Scary Movie, since that was the one that got made.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Robot Style posted:

Looking them up, they didn't even work on Scary Movie (despite constantly being credited as "two of the six writers of Scary Movie"). Apparently they were working on a totally separate Scream parody for Miramax, and the WGA decided that they had to be credited on Scary Movie, since that was the one that got made.

Back when they were still making movies, someone on here did a semi deep dive to actually find out who they were (because they were actually pretty prolific for a few years) and there was almost nothing on them. Very few photos (there was an on set photo of one of them) no real names or anything. It was loving weird.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Robot Style posted:

God I loving love Hollywood bullshit.

Snowman_McK posted:

Back when they were still making movies, someone on here did a semi deep dive to actually find out who they were (because they were actually pretty prolific for a few years) and there was almost nothing on them. Very few photos (there was an on set photo of one of them) no real names or anything. It was loving weird.

I'm still in regular contact with the dude who ran the Disaster Movie Challenge, in which goons submitted jokes they thought would be in Disaster Movie based on Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, etc. He saw it in theaters to judge which goon got the most number of correct jokes. I think he even got a poster of it signed by Carmen Electra.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So I guess CBS All Access is rebranding as Paramount Plus, and today they announced a boatload of new content they’re producing, such as:

Frasier revival series
Halo series
The Man Who Fell to Earth starring Chiwetel Ejiofor
Reno 911! film about QAnon?
Beavis and Butthead movie
Behind the Music revival
The Real World revival
An entire studio for producing Avatar the Last Airbender content
Rugrats series but cgi
Live action Dora the Explorer
Live action Fairly Odd Parents
Animated Star Trek series
Workaholics movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Dora movie was a solid watch and I got some laughs out of it. But they probably aren't going to follow up on that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

aware of dog posted:

An entire studio for producing Avatar the Last Airbender content

isn't netflix making a live action one without the original creators?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah, and it seems like that’s still happening. I guess this is what the original creators are doing instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

They were originally involved but quit over creative differences, which doesn't exactly bode well for that.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Last I heard they switched the ages of Kitara and her brother but Aang was still going to be 12, I guess to get that Phantom Menace vibe or something.

Also check out this cool Trek crew:

All kids, no humans, though Janeway will be on the show

Tars Tarkas fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 25, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

All kids, no humans, though Janeway will be on the show

Oh so those kids are gonna die

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

She'll merge them all into one super kid then kill them

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/mannyfidel/status/1364781449270992899

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Thomas Jane is in this?

they should have marketed this as Gunless Dad (I just want my guns back) instead of the edgy thriller it is

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1364805710756765702?s=19

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Barudak posted:

Oh so those kids are gonna die

There's coffee in those kid's central nervous systems

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but did they say no to brett ratner or milli vanilli

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

AV Club news about Brett Ratner without his Big Book of Butts picture feels wrong

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Milli Vanilli story is absolutely crazy and tragic and it doesn't need a creepy white man to tell it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus christ
https://twitter.com/FDRLST/status/1364602588201504773?s=20
https://youtu.be/izCgBtGF-hc

quote:

Oscar-winning actor Jon Voight, a vocal conservative, stars as the Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren E. Burger in the film. Loeb stars as Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws, prior to becoming an anti-abortion activist and renaming the organization the National Abortion Rights Action League.

Other cast members include Robert Davi as Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan Jr., Lucy Davenport as feminist author Betty Friedan, with appearances from Mike Lindell and Tomi Lahren. Voight is scheduled to give the keynote speech at the premiere, and most other cast members will reportedly be in attendance at CPAC.

In 2020, “Roe v. Wade” premiered at the Vienna Independent Film Festival, where Voight took home the award for best supporting actor. It had an estimated budget of about $8.5 million and attempts to “just lay out the facts of how Roe v. Wade came to be and how it was decided,” in order to allow people to “take one view or another,” according to Loeb.
Loeb’s project moves through the lens of Nathanson, whose change of heart on the abortion issue was controversial at the time. Along with Friedan, Nathanson was a major force behind Roe v. Wade’s outcome in favor of abortion.

“I want people to take away the truth. These are the facts of what happened. I want them to understand how Roe came to be,” Loeb said. “The case gets thrown around all the time without a full understanding of how it came to be and what happened. I really want people to understand, whether they’re pro-choice or pro-life, that when a woman gets pregnant, there’s a baby there. It’s not a clump of cells or a gob of goo. There’s a real living being that has a heartbeat in the first couple of weeks that you can hear. People should understand that so they don’t take abortion so lightly.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The MSJ posted:

The Milli Vanilli story is absolutely crazy and tragic and it doesn't need a creepy white man to tell it.

am I crazy or misremembering there being a sort of detective sketch comedy bit on Townsend Television about a Milli Vanilli style duo (quad if you count the ugly real singers)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jesus Jamie Kennedy really fell hard

I hope this Pro Life crowd packs that CPAC theater nice and dense

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Aw man Wlliam Forsythe, what are you doing.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't know Corbin Bernsen was part of this crowd.

Does this mean he likely saw his character on American Gods as the good guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
After everything the Stonecutters did to put Steve Guttenberg where he is today..