Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Been thinking about apes lately and how cool they are. I like when they’re cute or funny, less so when they’re sad or endangered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theres an ape called the mandrill :quagmire:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0veiTgUQLKw

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

One of my early memories was visiting a zoo in Germany when I was seven and seeing a gorilla for the first time. He was huge, and as he sat there watching the watchers he made eye contact with me and I saw crystal clear, thinking intelligence, and that image has stayed with me to this day. I think that brief encounter played an instrumental part in giving me the deep love and respect for all animals that I have today.

The only other memory I have from that day is a big nosed ape (or monkey?) whose species I am unsure of showing me his rear end and then charging the glass. I think he wanted to kill us, but I still love and respect him.

That was 35 years ago and both of those apes are probably dead now. :smith:

edit: it was definitely one of these, a Proboscis monkey:

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 25, 2021

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dang this coot is PRO. First they do the hootin and hollerin to get people leaning forward, paying attention, then rocking back and forth with the arms swaying so you don't even notice the palmed turd, then an underarm fastball right smack dab in the middle of grannies face! A great ape indeed.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Humans are a species of great ape.

Hi apes.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Bula Vinaka posted:

Humans are a species of great ape.

Hi apes.

I dunno if they are that great really.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Your face looks like one of these monkeys butts

https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/scientists-think-your-face-evolved-to-resemble-an-apes-butt.html

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*spits*
lotta squatch here abouts

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

apes are unsettling and bad. They rip off and deglove fingers and poo poo without blinking an eye. Basically super powered strength and agility, devoid of moral reasoning, in a grotesque humanoid form

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Thesaurus posted:

apes are unsettling and bad. They rip off and deglove fingers and poo poo without blinking an eye. Basically super powered strength and agility, devoid of moral reasoning, in a grotesque humanoid form

That's more chimps when they get violent. Orangutans are less violent. Gorillas show violence and can and do violence do each other, but a lot of it is show.

Basically, from what I've heard, if you offer food to chimps and gorillas, they tend to just take it, sometimes running away to make sure they can eat all of it without anyone else taking it from them. If you offer orangutans food, they tend to break it in half and hand you back your half.

#notallapes

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
God made man in his image then made apes look like him but hosed up

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

his coconut gun can fire in spurts

if he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Thesaurus posted:

Yeah OP I agree. let’s go shoot them all to death with a colossal moloch like edifice of weapons of war

Weka
May 5, 2019

skasion posted:

Yeah OP I agree. let’s go shoot them all to death with a colossal moloch like edifice of weapons of war

Only if we can do it while looking like a 300lb rubbery misshapen turnip.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Primates are boring. Cuttlefish are cuter and have Many Smart

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pppssssshhhhhhhhh, been ape sucka. :jerkbag:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I once went to the zoo and the orangutan was just absolutely going to town on his dick, just havin a grand ol time. I respect it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Most humans are on par with the low apes. The best most of them could hope for is hypersimian (monosyllabes, basic tool use, ability to choose right and wrong but still swallow their gum).

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

sexpig by night posted:

I once went to the zoo and the orangutan was just absolutely going to town on his dick, just havin a grand ol time. I respect it.

Spank, shock, suck

The monkey

e. I know monkeys aren't apes don't any of you try and tell me

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
When I was a kid they had some of those fu man chu mustache pocket monkeys at the Minnesota zoo. Or como, idk. Anyways, I was on a field trip and saw it. You know how there's this weird slightly squishy seal between panes of glass or plastic? This loving mustache monkey was using its long rear end pencil thin long to lick a hole through it. This guy was just plastered against the pane, reverse-throating it's weirdly long tongue through the hole, with it just flopping up, then down, over and over again. We all took turns getting licked by the monkey. It was pretty cool.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

deadeyez posted:

When I was a kid they had some of those fu man chu mustache pocket monkeys at the Minnesota zoo. Or como, idk. Anyways, I was on a field trip and saw it. You know how there's this weird slightly squishy seal between panes of glass or plastic? This loving mustache monkey was using its long rear end pencil thin long to lick a hole through it. This guy was just plastered against the pane, reverse-throating it's weirdly long tongue through the hole, with it just flopping up, then down, over and over again. We all took turns getting licked by the monkey. It was pretty cool.

yw

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Thesaurus posted:

Oh well thankfully humans have evolved beyond that.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Head Bee Guy posted:

Been thinking about apes lately and how cool they are. I like when they’re cute or funny, less so when they’re sad or endangered.

Good ole saucer face. Very majestic creature

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

skasion posted:

*bangs chest and rushes towards you* I’m the OP of this clan

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 25, 2021

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

all these apes are driving me bananas.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

*sigh* "It's a living."

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

all these apes are driving me bananas.

Maybe you should stop putting wheels on your bananas then. :thunk:

Weka
May 5, 2019

Then how would the apes drive them?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Weka posted:

Then how would the apes drive them?

That was the point, that they were driving them bananas. :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Gibbons own

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Jose posted:

Gibbons own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMRHScRnhs

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Genetic engineering biomods better let me do this before I die.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I always love the "no human could walk like that!" stuff

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If I had it all to do over again I'd go with orangutan this time. They seem like they've got it all figured out. Nothing but eating fruit all day and giving each other backrubs. They've got all of the ape smarts and none of the ape murder rage.

Please don't ruin orangutans for me by explaining that they do in fact have ape murder rage. I don't want to hear that poo poo. Nobody does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/BgI0jwN.mp4