Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

George Wendt NOOOOOOOO

Failed Imagineer posted:

After everything the Stonecutters did to put Steve Guttenberg where he is today..

who do you think controls the British Crown and thus the US govt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol: at these answers by director

quote:

Is it specifically a pro-life film?

It's crazy you ask that. I think it's up to your perspective, right? What we tried to do is really just lay out the facts of how Roe v. Wade came to be and how it was decided. People can take one view or another. I've had a lot of people who think it's in the middle. We tell it from the pro-choice perspective because the story is told through the eyes of Dr. Bernard Nathanson, who was the biggest abortionist of all time. He did more than 70,000 abortions.

Why some folks may think it's a conservative film or why it aligns with those views is because the protagonist actually converts. He starts off pro-choice and becomes pro-life through his journey. It's a true story.

We show a lot of the things that happened, how he [arrived at that decision], how the case was decided and it may be a negative reflection on the pro-choice side. But it's not a preachy, pro-life religious movie. I don't call it a faith-based movie, but we do uncover ... There are a lot of... parallels today, a lot of the same manipulation by the media. Even today, on both sides — you can use MSNBC and Fox as examples — both of these guys try to manipulate stuff. It's been going on forever.

One of the things [Dr. Bernard Nathanson] did to try to help his cause was sort of inflate the numbers about illegal abortion. He made up statistics that they would then leak to the media to help change public perception. That was a big part of getting Roe passed and pushing the abortion movement forward. That doesn't reflect great on the pro-choicers. But there are other characters who are generally trying to support abortion for serious issues.

Betty Friedan [played by Lucy Davenport] really wants to save women and help women. This is really an important thing and we don't vilify her at all. We don't truly vilify anybody. We show it how it was. Jamie Kennedy plays Larry Lader, who really was in it for the money. He was making a ton of money referring girls to illegal abortion doctors. Then, the main character goes back and forth. He really wanted to save women who had to do illegal abortions because one of his first girlfriends had a botched abortion and he felt these girls shouldn't have to go to these horrible, illegal abortion doctors or down to Mexico.

But it also shows how dumb the pro-lifers were. The pro-lifers never took a lot of this seriously with the whole legal aspect of the case. What I tried to do in the movie as a director is really showcase both sides. There's such a big ensemble cast so, at least, there's a character that resembles everybody's point of view.

And

quote:

What do you want people to take away from your film?

I want people to take away the truth. These are the facts of what happened. I want them to understand how Roe came to be. We had one actor — I'm not going to mention his name — who was pro-choice and he converted during the movie. He became pro-life when he learned more about the life of a baby. The case gets thrown around all the time without a full understanding of how it came to be and what happened. I really want people to understand, whether they're pro-choice or pro-life, that when a woman gets pregnant, there's a baby there. It's not a clump of cells or a gob of goo.

There's a real living being that has a heartbeat in the first couple of weeks that you can hear. People should understand that so they don't take abortion so lightly.  Our culture has come so far that a lot of people utilize it as birth control. There are even actresses in Hollywood who wear it as a badge of honor. Whether you believe in abortion or not, I don't think anybody should think of it as a badge of honor or as birth control. It is the ending of the life of a human being, no matter at what stage.

That's something that needs to be taken with extreme seriousness, thoughtfulness and concern. Americans are a very sensitive society and we need to be sensitive about all issues, especially the life of a human being. I really want people to stop and think before they make decisions, whether it's the decision to have sex without birth control or to understand the consequences. Knowledge is power, right? When we have the knowledge, we can make better, more informed decisions in our lives.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Americans are a very sensitive society" is quite true. Sensitive, but not thoughtful

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

George Wendt NOOOOOOOORM!

Sorry, couldn't resist

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alan Smithee posted:

Thomas Jane is in this?

they should have marketed this as Gunless Dad (I just want my guns back) instead of the edgy thriller it is

He isn't quite gunless dad, he uses his rifle and military sniper skills to kill the team of school shooters at the end.
Except for the main guy who sneaks away and the daughter uses that rifle to kill the baddie.
This is a clever mirroring of the opening scene where her and Thomas Jane kill an actual deer live on camera.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Look, I think people should decide for themselves whether murdering babies is okay"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Milo being in it sure shows that cancel culture ain't real, eh.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
New Michael Bay movie going good
https://twitter.com/filmfreeway/status/1364448218067656707?s=21

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Srice posted:

Milo being in it sure shows that cancel culture ain't real, eh.

I was going to say, how is Trump speaking at CPAC after his First Amendment rights were removed and he was subjected to universal censorship by Twitter?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

uh jesus christ, somebody in pyro messed this up or there was a last minute change in camera location

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

I'm picturing Robert Davi cornering Tomi Lahren on set and trying to seduce her with Sinatra tunes.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

iirc some of the actors were lied to about how severely one-sided the movie was (or are at least claiming so after the fact) but a good chunk of them are the usual staple of right wing monsterghouls

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is this the movie where the lead actress quit because of being mislead?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Yeah looks like it - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/secret-roe-v-wade-film-now-shooting-new-orleans-1124557

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ego-bot posted:

I'm picturing Robert Davi cornering Tomi Lahren on set and trying to seduce her with Sinatra tunes.

lol

This will be the first movie where every dialogue scene consists entirely of the actors sitting in their cars, wearing sunglasses and yelling directly into the camera.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oh poo poo that's right, wasn't there talk of like some graphic abortion special effects or something

Ego-bot posted:

too high profile

he probably went down the line in IMDB star ratings

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 26, 2021

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Isn’t this the movie where a ton of actors weren’t told what kind of movie it was and weren’t given the full script to hide the fact that it was obvious right-wing propaganda?

lol

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
They say “the true silent minority” near the end of that trailer and I wonder if that actually makes sense in context or if they just completely hosed up the term and not a single person noticed from shooting to trailer editing.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
I think it refers to the meat bags that have been 'silenced' by being aborted.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Do aborted babies outnumber the born kind?

They should consult a dictionary and look up what "majority" means.

Edit: they might be counting birth control. What a bunch of losers.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Beachcomber posted:

Do aborted babies outnumber the born kind?

They should consult a dictionary and look up what "majority" means.

Edit: they might be counting birth control. What a bunch of losers.

They count individual sperm.

Not the eggs though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

They count individual sperm.

Not the eggs though.

*guy jacking it in the bg*

Jon Voigt: "Everyday a holocaust happens in the right hands, socks, condoms, and fleshlights of the world"

*cue Monty Python's "Every Sperm is Sacred" as Crusader army of swimmers crests a hill*

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watched Tom and Jerry tonight at the drive in. It was...ok. It was great when they’d do classic Tom and Jerry stuff but everything else was just bad. There was however a really odd Young Frankenstein / Marty Feldman joke that I’m still trying to figure out how/why they put it in there.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They’re part of the same cinematic universe.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They’re part of the same cinematic universe.

Tom and Jerry have been retroactively shoehorned into a lot of cinematic universes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-ydvVsyPw

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The very first thing that Disney did with Star Wars was the Phineas and Ferb crossover, which is great.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1365558304521469952?s=19

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!

Alan Smithee posted:

*guy jacking it in the bg*

Jon Voigt: "Everyday a holocaust happens in the right hands, socks, condoms, and fleshlights of the world"

*cue Monty Python's "Every Sperm is Sacred" as Crusader army of swimmers crests a hill*

Jon Voight: Semen Commander

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I wasnt wowed by Coates Black Panther run. Just seemed pretty boring.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

lol masterful trolling here by Snyder

quote:

Zack Snyder's Justice League ends on "massive cliffhanger"

https://film.avclub.com/zack-snyders-justice-league-ends-on-massive-cliffhange-1846373611

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael B Jordan pitched a Superman movie to WB. This better be the result.

Also it leads to POTUS Val-Zod.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Samuel L Jackson: "I'm here to tell you about the Justice League Initiative"

I have never seen JL i dont know if they already form it and quite frankly idc

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Samuel L Jackson: "I'm here to tell you about the Justice League Initiative"

I have never seen JL i dont know if they already form it and quite frankly idc

They form within the first 30 minutes of the movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but do they have like a HQ

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Some hangar owned by Batman

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah, but it's in Cincinnati of all places.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Alan Smithee posted:

If I remember the end of the Justice League movie correctly, it's just Wayne Manor.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So there’s this long delayed Chaos Walking movie coming out Friday, which is one of those YA novel adaptations that have mostly died out. The premise sounds a bit dumb and dated.

https://chaoswalking.movie/about

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

So there’s this long delayed Chaos Walking movie coming out Friday, which is one of those YA novel adaptations that have mostly died out. The premise sounds a bit dumb and dated.

https://chaoswalking.movie/about

A movie that was originally shot in 2017, and then given extensive reshoots in 2019 because of how bad the original cut was, and then was delayed again because it was extensively re-edited once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how the advertising campaigns I've seen have been leaning more on the fact that they're opening it in theaters than anything else