Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

So, I feel like I should know this answer, but let's assume I've realized I kind of almost miss Digimon World: Dawn, but am also smart enough to know that's not something I actually want to subject myself to again. Is there a good option on the Switch? Bonus points if I don't have to spend $60.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

thetoughestbean posted:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition
That's what I figured. Does it ever go on sale?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

That's what I figured. Does it ever go on sale?

Physical copy’s 28 bucks from GameStop

Edit: it’s on sale for twenty bucks digitally right now https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-complete-edition-switch/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:eyepop:

Edit: Bought it! Time to download it and join literally the entire rest of the thread in having played and loved it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 24, 2021

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Ccs posted:

I finished Hackers Memory, so I've now played all of the Cyber Sleuth Complete. Though apparently there's a post-game in Hackers Memory, but i don't feel like running around training up digimon for a billion years.

You can get a couple of PlatinumSukamons and stick some +XP items on them and watch those levels fly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

So, I feel like I should know this answer, but let's assume I've realized I kind of almost miss Digimon World: Dawn, but am also smart enough to know that's not something I actually want to subject myself to again. Is there a good option on the Switch? Bonus points if I don't have to spend $60.

You are me almost 6 or 7 years ago and cyber sleuth perfectly scratched that itch

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I've picked up Cyber Sleuth again recently because I never finished it, and my friend group has suddenly gotten really into digimon for some reason. Currently trying to plan out my endgame/postgame team.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

mmkay posted:

You can get a couple of PlatinumSukamons and stick some +XP items on them and watch those levels fly.

Yeah I ended up opening it again and the game told me I could trade my trained up team from Cyber Sleuth into Hackers Memory. So I was able to get my team that was able to beat Lucemon into Hackers Memory and took out the Abyss Server pretty easily. That was a really nice feature.

Hawke
May 1, 2008
Thanks thread for reminding me that I need to go back and finish cyber sleuth.

Is there any worthwhile post game content in the original or should I just tear through it and focus on my teams for hacker's memory?

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Hawke posted:

Is there any worthwhile post game content in the original or should I just tear through it and focus on my teams for hacker's memory?

Not really. There's a series of high difficulty DLC missions and a new offline tourney but that's largely it.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hawke posted:

Once you beat the story of Hackers Memory there's a difficult extra dungeon, so if you've beat the Cyber Sleuth post-game, you can trade between the two games. So if you've spent a bunch of time getting some really difficult digimon in CS, you can concentrate on getting different difficult ones in Hackers Memory, then create the ultimate team for the dungeon with the combination.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hawke posted:

I had a blast doing the royal knight fights, the offline coliseum, and the seven deadly digimon fights in Hard Mode. You really need to be prepared to use almost all of the mechanics to stand a chance

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, I just met Nokia, and I don't like to throw around theses kinds of phrases because they're extremely loaded, but Jesus Christ, she's dressed like a loving prostitute. A short dress with lacing up the sides to show a lot of skin, an extremely visible bra, thigh-highs with equally visible garters, and a jacket that doesn't actually cover any of it. I can't tell if it's a travesty or a power move.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, I just met Nokia, and I don't like to throw around theses kinds of phrases because they're extremely loaded, but Jesus Christ, she's dressed like a loving prostitute. A short dress with lacing up the sides to show a lot of skin, an extremely visible bra, thigh-highs with equally visible garters, and a jacket that doesn't actually cover any of it. I can't tell if it's a travesty or a power move.

Nokia is extremely powerful, but also the character designer is a bit... well, I don’t think he understands how breasts work

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PMush Perfect posted:

Just wait until you meet your detective boss!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The game is *very* horny

Wait til you get to all the human digimon shipping

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zore posted:

Just wait until you meet your detective boss!
I actually mind Kyoko's outfit less? Maybe because she reminds me of Boss from AI:TSF. At least that tits-out look is clearly intentional.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

I actually mind Kyoko's outfit less? Maybe because she reminds me of Boss from AI:TSF. At least that tits-out look is clearly intentional.

What I like is that nobody ever mentions or even seems to mind her appearance. That’s just how detectives dress

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

What I like is that nobody ever mentions or even seems to mind her appearance. That’s just how detectives dress

I assume nobody talks about it around her because they know she'll go off into a 20 minute ramble about Fashion Feng Sui and the 17 secret names for the scarf and why they're cool.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah, I also found that very noticeable, usually characters like Nokia or Kyoko would get characters going "ooba ooba" around them but nobody cares. Although I'd bet the real reason is that the writing and the character design was done separately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Am I missing out on anything super major by having one of these NX chibis in my main party? I know I'll have fewer babies getting trained at once, and I'm willing to bench it if it'd just be a Jagen, but gently caress, Omegamon NX is the perfect combination of cool and adorable.

Edit: Alternatively, is it just going to suck all the challenge right out of the game?

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Nokia is extremely powerful, but also the character designer is a bit... well, I don’t think he understands how breasts work

The character design in these games turned me off enough that I never got very far. Everyone is constantly pushing their chest out as forward and high as they can and all the titties are trying to escape to the ceiling at all times.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yasuda Suzuhito is a man who knows what he likes and doesn’t let things like the laws of physics get in his way. I think that’s respectable

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

PMush Perfect posted:

Am I missing out on anything super major by having one of these NX chibis in my main party? I know I'll have fewer babies getting trained at once, and I'm willing to bench it if it'd just be a Jagen, but gently caress, Omegamon NX is the perfect combination of cool and adorable.

Edit: Alternatively, is it just going to suck all the challenge right out of the game?

The NX Digimon are pretty much Rookie-esque versions of the Royal Knights. They're stronger out-of-the-gate than most of the Digimon in the beginning portions of the game but they drop off really quickly. The big thing is that they can't digivolve at all, so they're going to be stuck with the skills and stats they have forever. You can use them to start building a team, but they should be replaced when you can start using Champions.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

You get enough digimon slots that there's really no problem with carrying something you like for as long as you want.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I turned all the NX Digimon into exp fodder almost immediately, love them for their sacrifice.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I just used them as warm bodies for the farm.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

No, when I first got them I thought they'd be super useful, but they're pretty weak and they can't evolve or gain ABI so they're not much use.

In other news I thought I'd beat Hackers Memory but there's that stupid Offline Collesium challenge. I got as far as the police girl who just heals all her digimon in a giant loop while having so much speed that my guys have no turns to do damage. Guess I'm never gonna actually fully finish this game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leraika posted:

I just used them as warm bodies for the farm.

Yep. That's the path.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ccs posted:

No, when I first got them I thought they'd be super useful, but they're pretty weak and they can't evolve or gain ABI so they're not much use.

In other news I thought I'd beat Hackers Memory but there's that stupid Offline Collesium challenge. I got as far as the police girl who just heals all her digimon in a giant loop while having so much speed that my guys have no turns to do damage. Guess I'm never gonna actually fully finish this game.

Status effects are your friend here. Poison does a lot of damage and turning your enemies into sprites/sleeping them/whatever makes the action economy a lot easier to deal with. Consider also using a dedicated member of your team use Speed Charge Field or Speed Break Field to help you keep up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yasuda Suzuhito is a man who knows what he likes and doesn’t let things like the laws of physics get in his way. I think that’s respectable

The dude has a VERY specific style of doing faces/clothes/balloon boobies.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I dropped Omegamon NX pretty quickly. Currently rocking Gargomon/Ogremon/Lekismon as my mains, with a gaggle of other Adults in my farm. I really appreciate how easy it is to fill out the list of Children and Adults without needing to do much but just play the game normally. The removal of Species EXP is extremely welcome, too. CAM is a bit of a bottleneck, but I can deal with that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 26, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, I dropped Omegamon NX pretty quickly. Currently rocking Gargomon/Ogremon/Lekismon as my mains, with a gaggle of other Adults in my farm. I really appreciate how easy it is to fill out the list of Children and Adults without needing to do much but just play the game normally. The removal of Species EXP is extremely welcome, too. CAM is a bit of a bottleneck, but I can deal with that.

CAM is a lot less of a bottleneck when you have meat to feed Digimon in the farm. Also you get “friendship” items that you can use to increase it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I also HYPER planned out my poo poo from the start - my starter, Gears, has been a lot of different loving Digimon by now. But his final form was Apocalymon, with his buddies Omnimon Zwart and Armageddamon

Mostly because I wanted the most evil team around

venom3053000
Dec 29, 2013
Nokia's outfit is a bit much but I did up end up liking her

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Nokia was easily one of the best characters in Cyber Sleuth even if she has one of the worst fits.

Also picked back up Hacker’s Memory and finished the first chapter, what a tease to put a box full of great Digimon next to the three duds they actually let you pick from!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Nokia was easily one of the best characters in Cyber Sleuth even if she has one of the worst fits.

Also picked back up Hacker’s Memory and finished the first chapter, what a tease to put a box full of great Digimon next to the three duds they actually let you pick from!

Any Digimon is great if you put the love and affection into them

Also murder you have to let them murder a lot

venom3053000
Dec 29, 2013

TheHan posted:

Gotsumon and Betamon are not duds :cheeky:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The cool thing about Digimon is that if you hate one you can easily turn it into one you don't hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Everyone’s a dud compared to Impmon :smith:

End of the day I’m just biding my time until they let me bring in my stock from Cyber Sleuth though.