Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm a dude with super long hair that I started growing out a few years ago, and have used the Kirkland shampoo/conditioner the whole time. I constantly get comments about how nice it looks, so it must be doing the job. Glad it's so cheap because I go through a metric gently caress ton of the conditioner now.

e: what a lovely snype, I did notice that the Fit Crunch bars were $5/off a box when I went the other day. Stocked up on a few of those!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

redreader posted:

Don't use a spot remover in a rented property. I did so and when I moved out they charged me for a carpet replacement due to weird spots on floors. This is after I had a similar problem elsewhere, so I said to this place "I'll get it steam cleaned before I move out" and they said "no, we will, for free" and then they didn't and charged me for having done spot cleaning, lol.

In my defense, I was new in the USA and didn't know how much people love to extract every last cent from you / how hosed up consumer protection laws are here (nonexistent apart from credit card fraud stuff)

My favorite is when they charge the outgoing tenant for carpet replacement and then just don't replace the carpet for the next guy.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

My favorite is when they charge the outgoing tenant for carpet replacement and then just don't replace the carpet for the next guy.

My last apartment told me my 7 year old carpet that looked worn down on all the walkways was "rated for 20 years" and then charged me for it.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

wilderthanmild posted:

My last apartment told me my 7 year old carpet that looked worn down on all the walkways was "rated for 20 years" and then charged me for it.

In Australia the tax depreciation on carpet is like 5 years. So no matter what the "warranty" or whatever the manufacturer puts on it the tenant can just say "sure I'll pay out x% of the current value of the asset" which is zero most of the time.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

canyoneer posted:

I am 100% sure they did this.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/1364968987885453317?s=21

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Breaking news? That's been circulating the warehouse for months.They're getting rid of the Covid hazard pay extra $2, so it's kinda a wash

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I thought it was already at $16. But that's fine, I'll take my $0.45 raise (but really a $1.55 pay cut with the loss of $2 Covid pay which unfortunately ended up not being permanent).

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I remember hearing from a family member that a friend of a friend who was one of the chicken cookin peoples made about as much as the said friend. Something up to the $25 + range? Chicken man put in the years but still! Chickens!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean that's about right if he's a deli clerk and topped out.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

norp posted:

In Australia the tax depreciation on carpet is like 5 years. So no matter what the "warranty" or whatever the manufacturer puts on it the tenant can just say "sure I'll pay out x% of the current value of the asset" which is zero most of the time.

In America they just tell you that you ruined the carpet, pocket your money, and leave the same old carpet in the place so they can do it again to the next tenant.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

In America they just tell you that you ruined the carpet, pocket your money, and leave the same old carpet in the place so they can do it again to the next tenant.

It may be a state to state thing, or even more local than that, but I could have sworn that if you live in a place for over a year they could not charge you for replacing carpet or painting. Maybe it was just painting. I never plan on getting a security deposit back ever anyway because they look for any reason to gently caress you.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm still left wondering with the same opinion I've always had, which is why the hell EVER go with carpeting, especially wall-to-wall? I see a lot of rental talk in here which is understandable, but if I ever buy real estate almost the first thing I'm doing is replacing any and all carpeting, period. Maybe a cute little thing under the coffee table or in the bathroom but that's really it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It depends on the state, and the company. I've never paid more than $20 on my deposit though. Make sure you're filling out your move in inspection well, My last one was fifteen pages listing every single nick, stain, and broken thing I could find so they can't gently caress me. Also change all you're dead lightbulbs and wash you're blinds/curtains and clean your windowsils, that and not washing out drawers is one of the more common reasons I've seen for companies to change a Touch up to a full clean.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm still left wondering with the same opinion I've always had, which is why the hell EVER go with carpeting, especially wall-to-wall? I see a lot of rental talk in here which is understandable, but if I ever buy real estate almost the first thing I'm doing is replacing any and all carpeting, period. Maybe a cute little thing under the coffee table or in the bathroom but that's really it.

Live somewhere cold, Wood flooring sucks rear end in the winter

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maybe people say that the floor is cold during certain weather? I dunno, vinyl plank the whole house imo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe people say that the floor is cold during certain weather? I dunno, vinyl plank the whole house imo

Same but instead of vinyl, tile plank the whole house :colbert:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's relatively cheap and be installed very quickly

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Gaius Marius posted:

Live somewhere cold, Wood flooring sucks rear end in the winter

I live in Minnesota and my parents stripped out our carpets and painted the floors in my childhood home. It ruled. Wear some socks and maybe even some slippers. Put a rug down if your feet are still too cold. You can toss a rug in the washer so it stays way, way cleaner and vacuuming an un-carpeted floor is a breeze.

Sucks to lay on the floor to pet the dog though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

carpet rules and is good carpet is cozy as hell and play with doggo. those fake laminate connectable-board poo poo is some gaudy mcmansion bullshit and always sucks rear end. actual real hard wood floors can be great too but nobody does that because it's too expensive.

people are not wrong that carpet is a diaper for your floor, but if you have no-shoes-in-house/apt and do a good job vacuuming regularly, it's nice. if your a shoes-in-house walker, then yes strip that poo poo out asap

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Carpet keeps furniture from sliding everywhere, too.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pentyne posted:

Costco sells some pretty good cheese. Their brie is good, as are most of the snacking cheese packs. I've seen some prepackaged cheese boards with 3-4 different varieties I've avoided just because it's fairly expensive and I'm not a fan of the hard crumbly cheeses.
costco has real-rear end le grueyere and comte. it's vaccuum packed, so its not going to be as good as if you buy it in a cheese shop, but for the price, hell fuckin yeah its worth it. just take it out of the packaging and let it sit out for a few hours before you eat it.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

Carpet keeps furniture from sliding everywhere, too.

You can buy rubber pads for your furniture legs.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MisterOblivious posted:

You can buy rubber pads for your furniture legs.

What am I, an animal?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

congress: "You can't raise the minimum wage to $15! Businesses will fire people to compensate!"

Costco: "Raise the price of hotdogs and I'll loving kill you"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

STOCK UP GOGOGOGGO

Was this fake? I haven't seen this anywhere else, and the coupon book photos online all only go until 2/28 anyway

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MisterOblivious posted:

I live in Minnesota and my parents stripped out our carpets and painted the floors in my childhood home. It ruled. Wear some socks and maybe even some slippers. Put a rug down if your feet are still too cold. You can toss a rug in the washer so it stays way, way cleaner and vacuuming an un-carpeted floor is a breeze.

Sucks to lay on the floor to pet the dog though.

Yeah, thanks for that. I grew up freezing without oil in North Bumfuck, New England and the floor never really did much for me one way or the other. My bedroom was wall-to-wall carpet and smelled like mothballs for no good reason I could discern. The living room was hardwood and my feet never cared. Now, as an adult in southern California, I'm pretty drat happy with my not-carpet.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Alan Smithee posted:

Was this fake? I haven't seen this anywhere else, and the coupon book photos online all only go until 2/28 anyway

It's an advertisement from last year.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I ordered them online the day it went live and got them. Paid the premium, but did get them.

Just checked ordered on 5 Feb 2021, got 'em on the 8th

Found in Schadenfreude thread - hope you guys cut your hams right!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Has sound, but it probably won't much sense unless you're familiar with Italian swear words
https://i.imgur.com/myZkPfs.mp4

STRONZO! STRONZO! STRONZO!

MarxCarl fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 27, 2021

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

So I bought the big dog bed for my medium-size beagle yesterday, and she loves it! I really like that the pillow is removable and all the covers zip off for washing. HOWEVER I just noticed that the dog bed is about to go on sale! Isn’t there something where you can get a refund for the price difference if you bought it just before the next sales cycle? I seem to remember seeing something about that way earlier in the thread.

E: dog tax! (On imgur because phoneposting)

https://imgur.com/a/zf6GHK0

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 27, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
whats the sale price? ive been eyeing those but i dont like to spend more than 40-50 on a dog bed

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

thathonkey posted:

whats the sale price? ive been eyeing those but i dont like to spend more than 40-50 on a dog bed

$40, I paid $60. I usually wouldn’t spend that much either, but honestly my dog is gross and the washability is worth it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bibliotechno Music posted:

So I bought the big dog bed for my medium-size beagle yesterday, and she loves it! I really like that the pillow is removable and all the covers zip off for washing. HOWEVER I just noticed that the dog bed is about to go on sale! Isn’t there something where you can get a refund for the price difference if you bought it just before the next sales cycle? I seem to remember seeing something about that way earlier in the thread.

E: dog tax! (On imgur because phoneposting)

https://imgur.com/a/zf6GHK0

Yes, you can get a price adjustment within 30 days of purchase.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bibliotechno Music posted:

$40, I paid $60. I usually wouldn’t spend that much either, but honestly my dog is gross and the washability is worth it.

40! Sold! Is that in store only?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

the ones I see in Home Depot are usually the rug doctor units, are they way better than a bissell? Always wondered how much you’re paying for the brand vs actually a better unit there.

I assume both pale in comparison to having a van come out with pro equipment and chemicals...

I've rented a rug doctor and they are pretty decent. I also have a rug doctor branded spot treating vacuum for cat vomit/red wine incidents and it does a fine job before things soak in.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think I'm coming around on the ravioli lasagna. Not the best thing for your belly, but I have single-serving corningwares and due to its ravioli nature, this stuff scoops out pretty cleanly. With the time investment in the oven to get the mozzarella browned, it's not even a binge worry.

I just need to finish the tin inside of two weeks, oh no,

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
wtf.......ravioli lasagna

?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

wtf.......ravioli lasagna

?

It’s good. It’s also a contributing factor to my quarantine weight gain.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ima need pics of this abomination

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I got a block of manchego from coco and it was uncomfortably wet and was way too creamy compared to what I'm used to. Did I get a bad one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Uncomfortably wet, too creamy. Did I get a bad one?

Nah, never. Who are you, Ben Shapiro?

Also: The ravioli lasagna is one of the best things Costco sells. It is by far the best pasta dish.

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 28, 2021