Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Skeezy posted:

The quest for the new exotic scout rifle kinda rules.

Is the quest soloable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Listerine posted:

Is the quest soloable?

Yes

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Skeezy posted:

The quest for the new exotic scout rifle kinda rules.

I had fun going through it blind in a full fireteam, but hopefully it's a lot less opening doors and a lot more shootman when we have to go back for the catalyst or rerolls or whatever.

Gun feels good though.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

poor life choice posted:

I had fun going through it blind in a full fireteam, but hopefully it's a lot less opening doors and a lot more shootman when we have to go back for the catalyst or rerolls or whatever.

Gun feels good though.

It’s the same exact thing the second time. I ran it again to get a reroll.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

It’s the same exact thing the second time. I ran it again to get a reroll.

That's just doing the same mission again, it has a higher difficulty that isn't available yet and I'm guessing that's where the catalyst drops. I wouldn't expect it to have major differences, but you never know

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There are triumphs for holding square in various places that aren't available until your second or third run.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Trials HC is crazy good

Mines got Rampage and it just loving wercks.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I got an Xbox elite 2 as my scuf is being sent in for repair and how I wish I'd just got this first. How scuf ever thought those stupid little plastic strips were going to last I don't know.

The Elite is so solid, so easy to configure, came with a hard case, charge block, lots of spares. So disappointed in scuf by comparison and now I'm having an argument about how it's not reasonable for three months of Destiny to break paddles. Sigh. Seems from a Google that this is a frequent issue with people in the States being sent spare paddles whereas I'm being told to send it in "for repair" which could take up to two months.

Anyway. Any recommendations for stick curve settings on this Elite for Destiny?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Best gun in the game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Crosspost!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50124

"Infusion caps helped us meaningfully shift the meta in Beyond Light and create a rewards ecosystem that was manageable to balance and monitor, but the system has also made our rewards feel like they have an expiration date and have frequently made playing our legacy content feel shallow. We want the rewards you’ve earned in Beyond Light and its subsequent seasons to feel like valuable tools you can use in the incredible challenges you’ll face in The Witch Queen. So, we’re making a change.

We’ve made the decision that any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to max Power will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently. Starting in Season 14 we won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13. This means you’ll be able to take your Trustee, your Falling Guillotine, and all the high-stat armor you’ve earned this year to take on the raid in The Witch Queen."

- Witch Queen delayed to early 2022
- "Starting in Season 14, we will only be raising the Power cap by 10 for each non-expansion season."
- "In Season 15 we will be addressing “three-peeking” in Trials and Competitive. In these modes, emotes will be disabled and players will be unable to pull out any third person weapon that doesn't have ammo."
- Changes to Stasis "in the Crucible in order to bring its overall effectiveness in line with our Light subclasses."
- "In Season 15, we will also focus on Light subclasses and release a set of targeted buffs to our most underutilized specializations."
- Changes to weapon archetypes
- Doubling size of Security team and going hog wild with suing cheat developers
- Overhaul of the Trials of Osiris rewards structure and matchmaking paradigms, to release before the end of this year.
- VoG in Season 14
- Ada-1 will be transmog vendor in S14
- Shaders will be permanent unlocks
- Crossplay in S15, PC/console Crucible will NOT be matched unless you choose to do so
- Ikora will have stuff to do in S14 and even more in WQ
- Stasis element legendaries in S15
- In S14 gilded titles will list how many times they've been earned

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 25, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

- Crossplay in S15, PC/console will NOT be matched unless you choose to do so

It sounds like this only applies to crucible, for obvious reasons. There will be separate PC and console pools and mixed squads are placed in the PC pool.

Presumably there are no issues with mixed teams in strikes, but gambit should probably also follow this rule

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol they finally got enough eververse money to pay gina torres for a couple hours, huh

Also I can't help but notice that they didn't say anything about un-sunsetting (sunrising?) the Dreaming City and Moon/Lectern drops :nallears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's either 1310 or 1360 gear that will escape sunsetting and the post has contradictory statements suggesting both

Will need a bungo tweet to confirm

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's either 1310 or 1360 gear that will escape sunsetting and the post has contradictory statements suggesting both

They specifically cited Falling Guillotine as a weapon that will not be sunset so I'm guessing 1310. or perhaps I'm being overly optimistic about being allowed to keep using my 23k kill Gnawing Hunger

edit: lol at them mentioning warmind cells as something getting future tuning when all the guns that make them will have been sunset except ikelos drops from prophecy. future reissue reveal??

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

They specifically cited Falling Guillotine as a weapon that will not be sunset so I'm guessing 1310. or perhaps I'm being overly optimistic about being allowed to keep using my 23k kill Gnawing Hunger

1360 gear like falling guillotine is confirmed to be OK forever, but I am not sure if 1310 gear is going to be sunset or if it too has escaped.

The post contains these contradictory statements

Any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to [1310] will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently
We won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached [1310]

Warmind Cells will be relevant forever since there are some ikelos weapons at 1360, and they might not be sunsetting the 1310

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

quote:

We’ve made the decision that any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to max Power will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently. Starting in Season 14 we won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13.

I think that means anything you can infuse today will continue to be infusable and anything you cannot infuse today will continue to not be infusable. Meaning that season 9 was the last batch of sunset gear there will ever be. The new meta is permanently season 10-present.

It could be written better but I don't think it's ambiguous

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 25, 2021

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

I think that means anything you can infuse today will continue to be infusable and anything you cannot infuse today will continue to not be infusable. Meaning that season 9 was the last batch of sunset gear there will ever be. The new meta is permanently season 10-present.

It's impossible to know until they confirm.

"Starting in Season 14 we won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13"

This season's cap is 1310, and Season 10 guns have a cap of 1310. Is that 'reaching' the cap? Nobody knows.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would reject that solely on the grounds that if they make this announcement now and then in a few months sunset a bunch of gear anyway then Bungie HQ gets burned down by angry redditors

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

I would reject that solely on the grounds that if they make this announcement now and then in a few months sunset a bunch of gear anyway then Bungie HQ gets burned down by angry redditors

It's Bungie. They think that they have clearly communicated their message. Whatever happens next season, they think they announced it with perfect clarity today

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1360 gear like falling guillotine is confirmed to be OK forever, but I am not sure if 1310 gear is going to be sunset or if it too has escaped.

The post contains these contradictory statements

Any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to [1310] will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently
We won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached [1310]

Warmind Cells will be relevant forever since there are some ikelos weapons at 1360, and they might not be sunsetting the 1310

Well that's on me for posting before the coffee has sunk in, I thought Arrivals stuff was 1310 for some reason.

that said I will be very happy if I can keep my 7S HC and LMG

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Warmind cells are called out as bound for a nerf so that implies the seventh seraph set would otherwise be expected to stay relevant

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Warmind cells are called out as bound for a nerf so that implies the seventh seraph set would otherwise be expected to stay relevant

Ikelos weapons are 1360 tho

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

I still don't know why nobody is complaining that handcannons completely outclass every other weapon type between 1m shotgun range and 40+m sniper range in PvP. Between Trials, IB, and the other competitive modes you have no choice but to use HC+shotgun. It's stupid to even try use a weapon that takes more than 2 shots to get a kill in a game with <1 second TTK.

5 out of the top 10 weapons used in PvP are handcannons, 2 shotguns, 1 sniper, 1 scout (new exotic), and 1 pulse (only because its new). If you took out the new exotic and pulse the next 2 would be, surprise, handcannons. So ~75% of the guns used are handcannons...seems pretty stale for a gun game with nearly 700 guns.

They should just send the entire Crucible to the DCV.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Majere posted:

I still don't know why nobody is complaining that handcannons completely outclass every other weapon type between 1m shotgun range and 40+m sniper range in PvP. Between Trials, IB, and the other competitive modes you have no choice but to use HC+shotgun. It's stupid to even try use a weapon that takes more than 2 shots to get a kill in a game with <1 second TTK.

5 out of the top 10 weapons used in PvP are handcannons, 2 shotguns, 1 sniper, 1 scout (new exotic), and 1 pulse (only because its new). If you took out the new exotic and pulse the next 2 would be, surprise, handcannons. So ~75% of the guns used are handcannons...seems pretty stale for a gun game with nearly 700 guns.

It’s destiny man, the default is hand cannon on a hunter for pvp, occasionally warlocks and Titans will be able to shine for a brief moment before getting a big thumb on their heads

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bring back clever dragon meta from D1

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

bring back clever dragon meta from D1

*monkey paw curls* we brought back clever dragon but it only drops from matches on vostok

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get yourself a Timeworn Spire* and relive the Clever Dragon days!!!

*Make sure it doesn't have Iron Gaze or Iron Reach lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I found a surous sidearm with hip fire grip and iron gaze, does iron gaze just suck or something

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's fine on some guns but TWS does not have range or stability to spare. Iron Grip is genuinely great on it, rampage is fine, and vorpal/One For All are at least not actively detrimental

A gaze or reach roll is an instant dismantle or possibly toss in the vault until they revise those perks

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ah thanks. I figured a full auto sidearm (fools remedy) + HFG + IG would be a pretty good combo but probably just gonna vault then

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Majere posted:

I agree. HCs are busted.

I'm a good player but definitely not a HC user and you can see the poo poo i can pull with this broken rear end gun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Also if anyone finds out if 1310 guns are chill or not moving forward please post in here cuz ill cry if my Enigmas Draw gets sunset.

Because yeah i read that poo poo 10 times and in true bungie fashion is makes no sense.

Those changes do sound good tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There will still probably be a weekly update today, if there's that much confusion it'll get clarified

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

It’s destiny man, the default is hand cannon on a hunter for pvp, occasionally warlocks and Titans will be able to shine for a brief moment before getting a big thumb on their heads

Look at this person, complaining about the permanent third class citizens of PvP - hunters.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The weekly update does not actually elaborate on the final sunset cap, guess we're the only ones arguing about it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

Trials HC is crazy good

Mines got Rampage and it just loving wercks.

drat!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

The weekly update does not actually elaborate on the final sunset cap, guess we're the only ones arguing about it

Nah reddit and Twitter are asking for clarification in every thread too. Bungie just hasn't commented because they either think it's crystal clear or there wasn't actual consensus in house and they're figuring it out now

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Let me tell you from fresh experience, it’s super cool and rewarding to get an 1100-capped Warden’s Law from the 1300 NF rather than, yknow, anything good or useful

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 2, 2021

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
At least the MW I got gave me some cores...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
anyone trying 12 man raids this week on xbone? I've only done leviathan just before it was wooshed away. I'm good at not dying, so i figure with the extra people it's easier to learn, without the pressure of messing up the mechanics/puzzles.