Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Friendship, Hard Work, Victory in Nagoya February 23rd
MOTYC
Eruption(c) (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita and MAO)
- God drat Eruption are so loving cool. Even before the bell the match started off right, with Saki coming out to support her partners and the whole Sauna Club coming out together (even though Yuki and Shunma had a kickass match of their own less than an hour earlier). This match completely delivered, and I had some real high expectations considering I nominated the setup match to this a MOTYC. Higuchi is a beast and Yukio is a killer, while MAO and Takeshita are two supremely talented young men who matched them every step of the way. Hard hitting and exhausting (including a crazy looking Stungun/V-Trigger to MAO), this has made me real keen for the upcoming Akiyama/Higuchi rematch. loving awesome, this is right up there with the Eruption/Nautilus match that was my MOTY last year.

HM
NEO Itoh Respect Army (Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes) vs Antonia Honda and Saki Akai
- Three great wrestlers (and Antonio Honda who hits all his regular beats) having a fun little match. Maki joined in on Gon's story time, Chris is tsundere for Saki, Honda got stretchered out and left Saki in a handicap situation. This match had it all.
Sauna Club (Yuki Ueno and Shunma Katsumata vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo)
- I'm beginning to have the sneaking suspicion that these four guys are real good. I sometimes forget just how smooth as gently caress Endo is, definitely the best Tetsuya in wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Eruption(c) (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita and MAO)
- God drat Eruption are so loving cool. Even before the bell the match started off right, with Saki coming out to support her partners and the whole Sauna Club coming out together (even though Yuki and Shunma had a kickass match of their own less than an hour earlier). This match completely delivered, and I had some real high expectations considering I nominated the setup match to this a MOTYC. Higuchi is a beast and Yukio is a killer, while MAO and Takeshita are two supremely talented young men who matched them every step of the way. Hard hitting and exhausting (including a crazy looking Stungun/V-Trigger to MAO), this has made me real keen for the upcoming Akiyama/Higuchi rematch. loving awesome, this is right up there with the Eruption/Nautilus match that was my MOTY last year.

HM
NEO Itoh Respect Army (Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes) vs Antonia Honda and Saki Akai
- Three great wrestlers (and Antonio Honda who hits all his regular beats) having a fun little match. Maki joined in on Gon's story time, Chris is tsundere for Saki, Honda got stretchered out and left Saki in a handicap situation. This match had it all.
Sauna Club (Yuki Ueno and Shunma Katsumata vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo)
- I'm beginning to have the sneaking suspicion that these four guys are real good. I sometimes forget just how smooth as gently caress Endo is, definitely the best Tetsuya in wrestling

2nd everything except the last sentence.

Eruption are the coolest faction in the world bar none

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

nth everything, especially the last sentence

DAMNATION the best :hellyeah:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Eruption are the coolest faction in the world bar none
Agreed, and I don't even care about one third of them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

frankenfreak posted:

Agreed, and I don't even care about one third of them.

I can't work out which third this would be because they all rule

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Eddie Kingston vs JD Drake. AEW Dark 23/02/2021

You'll see better matches this year, you'll see more athletic in-ring presentations, but if you think to yourself "I want to see two veteran bruisers just knock gently caress out of each other for five minutes" this is the match for you.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

You'll see better matches this year, you'll see more athletic in-ring presentations, but if you think to yourself "I want to see two veteran bruisers just knock gently caress out of each other for five minutes" this is the match for you.

Yeah, nth.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Glad you did this Lamuella. I meant to do this but you are the better poster.

Also will HM this. I’ll also add that Drake’s selling was exceptional.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lamuella posted:

This was an absolute treat, nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd February
All Japan Excite Series Night 4
Triple Crown
Suwama vs Kohei Sato

Suwama did one of the slowest discus lariats possible but this was still very good. Especially ramping up to the finishing stretch, a lot of near falls I bit on.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lamuella posted:

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th February
Colega Pro Saturday Night Rising Stars
Alejandro vs El Lindaman

Just a real fun TV match.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Isaiah Kassidy, Dynamite, 2/24

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Nyla/Britt, aew 2/24

We love Nyla Rose, don't we folks?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Nth. A bit sloppy to keep it from being MOTYC level, but the finishing sequences were :discourse:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

nth.

More and more people are saying it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose, Dynamite 2/24

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

MOTYC: Lance Archer vs Rey Fenix, Dynamite 2/24

loving watch this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

loving watch this

I'll go HM but second the watch this.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

loving watch this

Absolutely I will 2nd this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

loving watch this

nth

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

loving watch this

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

loving watch this

yes nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NienNunb posted:

nth

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll go HM for Archer/Fenix only because I feel like they just missed their peak and were rushing to the finish before going off the air (for a second I thought they were going to a draw to pay off that "TV time remaining" thing they've set up since the beginning of Dynamite and haven't done yet, but then it just ended so oh well).

But only a small nitpick for what was otherwise a fantastic match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

I'll go HM for Archer/Fenix only because I feel like they just missed their peak and were rushing to the finish before going off the air (for a second I thought they were going to a draw to pay off that "TV time remaining" thing they've set up since the beginning of Dynamite and haven't done yet, but then it just ended so oh well).

:goonsay: Mox vs. Pac 1 went to a TV Time limit draw, Mox called it bullshit to the camera to end the show.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dynamite 2/24

HM Hangman Page/Isiah Kassidy
HM Rey Fenix/Lance Archer
MOTYC Nyla Rose/Britt Baker

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

But only a small nitpick for what was otherwise a fantastic match.

As mentioned they have done it before and it was a taped show so they weren't rushing.

I will second Nyla/Britt for HM and Archer/Fenix for MOTYC.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:shrug: Somehow I totally forgot that. I'll stand by my rating, which doesn't matter at this point since it's easily getting MOTYC.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC
Yukio Sakaguchi & Kazusada Higuchi(c) vs Konosuke Takeshita & MAO for the KO-D Tag Team Championship, DDT Friendship, Effort, Victory in Nagoya 2/22

HM
Yukio Sakaguchi(c) vs Yuki Ueno for the DDT Universal Championship, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/13

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'll second both Nyla/Britt and Lance/Fenix for MOTYC, and nominate Hangman vs Isiah Kassidy from the same show for HM.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/24

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Isaiah Kassidy
MOTYC:Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Fenix

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hangman Page vs. Isiah Kassidy, AEW Dynamite, 24/02
HM: Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite, 24/02
HM: Lance Archer vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 24/02

I might have gone MOTYC on Archer/Fenix but the audio on Fite was about 5 seconds ahead which really hosed with my enjoyment of it

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Road to castle attack 25/2

HM : ELP/taiji ishimori v el desperado/yoshinobu kanemura

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/24

Nth

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

I might have gone MOTYC on Archer/Fenix but the audio on Fite was about 5 seconds ahead which really hosed with my enjoyment of it

I think this too. Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth. Was tempted by MOTYC on Nyla / Britt but it landed at very good rather than unbelievable.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Rarity posted:

nth

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MOTYC: Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose, AEW Dynamite, 24/02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/24