Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.fiorispizzaria.com

This place is within walking distance and if I weren't so lazy I'd be fat as hell right now, it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Share Bear posted:

my terrible irresponsible covid thing has been ordering pizza

i cannot make it as good as several local places (i've tried) and the time/effort/flavor tradeoff isn't worth it

i tip 30%

I learned to make pizza thanks to watching an Italian dad who gets angry when people make Italian food incorrectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_9h6VKm9c

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

PokeJoe posted:

lol at thinking america doesn't have the best pizza on earth. who else can compare? Italy? Psh they just stole the tomato from mexico give me a break. Tomato and basil? Mama mia that's a bland pizza

lol absolutely

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I learned to make pizza thanks to watching an Italian dad who gets angry when people make Italian food incorrectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_9h6VKm9c
impotent italian foodrage makes every pizza taste better

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Slippery Tilde
mascarpone on pizza loving sucks instead of mozzarella

you basically hafta underbake the entire thing or else it starts to separate and turn grainy and makes the dough all soggy

i mean you can make it work with a wood-fired oven, but c'mon it's clearly inferior to mozz

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i ordered a marg from some 3000 five-star review place in SF and it showed up ice cold.

they'd sent a delivery boy on a scooter and he just strapped it on the back of his vespa and drove it over. no bag or anything. it was terrible and im never order a pizza in the bay area again

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/reindeer-pizza-berlusconi-finland

quote:

In 2005, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi declared that Finns ate only “marinated reindeer.” He also described the Finnish diet as something he “endured” on a visit to the Nordic nation. Finns responded to the diplomatic faux pas by creating an Italian dish in homage to Berlusconi. And what could be more Italian than pizza? Almost anything, at least compared to “Pizza Berlusconi.”

Kotipizza, based in Vaasa, Finland, created the prime minister’s namesake pizza. It originally featured a rye crust smothered in smoked reindeer, cheese, red onion, and chanterelle mushrooms. Three years after the politician publicly slandered Finland’s culinary heritage, Kotipizza won an international pizza contest held in New York City. Their entry of Pizza Berlusconi even beat Italy.

The restaurant made their winning pie a menu staple. When the Italian embassy insisted the title be removed on the grounds that Kotipizza was advertising using their prime minister’s name, the CEO suggested Berlusconi come to Finland and discuss it with them. He never did.

lol

i actually got pizza from this place when we were last in finland. it was decent but not what i'd consider amazing. definitely had better pizza in nyc and toronto and london vOv

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i got pizza and ale here once and it was really good too: https://americanflatbread.com/locations/burlington-vt/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

impotent italian foodrage makes every pizza taste better

If my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cold on a Cob posted:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/reindeer-pizza-berlusconi-finland

lol

i actually got pizza from this place when we were last in finland. it was decent but not what i'd consider amazing. definitely had better pizza in nyc and toronto and london vOv

extremely lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

who is it that has that hosed up pizza with banana and peanuts on it

i made a banana, curry, peanut, and ham pizza once in the before time when we had a weekly pizza baking get together based on that.

it was bad.

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i made a banana, curry, peanut, and ham pizza once in the before time when we had a weekly pizza baking get together based on that.

it was bad.

Texans are so gross

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
however corn on pizza, that is genius

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Slippery Tilde

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

however corn on pizza, that is genius

corn and mayo on a pizza is japanese

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

said a midwestern coward who wouldn’t try the banana curry pizza

how can you know what is the best pizza until you have tried all the pizzas out there?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"east coast pizza is universally good" is the biggest crock of poo poo ever, there's thousands of frozen sysco everything generic-rear end pizza places on the east coast and there's good pizza everywhere, there's 300 million people in this country and pizza is its most popular single food there's going to be good and bad

Jonny 290 posted:

i ordered a marg from some 3000 five-star review place in SF and it showed up ice cold.

they'd sent a delivery boy on a scooter and he just strapped it on the back of his vespa and drove it over. no bag or anything. it was terrible and im never order a pizza in the bay area again

yeah you have to figure out which places actually do decent delivery and don't just use grubhub/uber drivers

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
japanese mayo > american mayo

i think american mayo hate in general is kinda silly though... but also understandable given the way it is used in so many food crimes

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

said a midwestern coward who wouldn’t try the banana curry pizza

how can you know what is the best pizza until you have tried all the pizzas out there?

* northeastern

We have actual good pizza here, sorry.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

corn and mayo on a pizza is japanese

i tried a corn pizza in korea, it was good. no mayo tho so now i have something else to try.

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

"east coast pizza is universally good" is the biggest crock of poo poo ever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

Pittsburgh is a Midwestern city.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

"east coast pizza is universally good" is the biggest crock of poo poo ever, there's thousands of frozen sysco everything generic-rear end pizza places on the east coast and there's good pizza everywhere, there's 300 million people in this country and pizza is its most popular single food there's going to be good and bad
Listen, we can't just have you in here sharing your reasonable views. We have a reputation to uphold.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ah, our special water means this papa john's is so amazing compared to what they eat in texas or california

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I also got very interested in middle eastern food during the lockdown and found this guy's channel which is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWj_rUMGYCP0DjffybE2nbg

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've had terrible pizza in italy and new york and great pizza in tokyo, maui and amsterdam

not london though, what's wrong with them

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like caca johns because it’s poo poo.

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

ah, our special water means this papa john's is so amazing compared to what they eat in texas or california

Papa John's is Kentucky pizza, don't you dare group it in with Northeastern Pizza

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

qirex posted:

theres a higher concentration of good places on the east coast, a random place is more likely to be good

the same sort of thing applies to mexican food in california, theres a higher concetration of good stuff

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Apr 7, 2003

They're trying to push this garbage as "Ohio Valley Pizza" and it's stupid as gently caress since as far as I know only one place does it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pittsburg represents the eastern most point of the midwest

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
here are some good pizzas i made:

hot soppresatta pizza:

poblano and pepperoni pizza:

here is the banana peanut curry ham pizza (NOT GOOD):

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tk posted:

I started making cast iron pan pizzas they are easy and delicious.

reminds me to make cast iron focaccia

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

see i think this makes sense.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
had a
pizza chain in nz called “eagle boys”

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Shaggar posted:

yeah seems accurate

Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

The Census Bureau disagrees.

Pittsburgh has absolutely nothing in common with midwestern cities like Columbus.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Census Bureau disagrees.

Pittsburgh has absolutely nothing in common with midwestern cities like Columbus.

when i visit my family in Cleveland and we go do something out in the city they are always telling me about good things that happened 100 years ago like terminal tower and bad things that have happened recently like everyone moving away and that seems pretty Pittsburgh to me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

lol, imagine an american acting snooty about any other place's idea of pizza

as a native new yorker I am contractually obligated to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

that hosed up dr. oetker brand that all the finns eat because they think thats pizza?

Jonny 290 posted:

bay area pizza does generally suck. there are a few places that are adequate, and oddly the chicago-style pizza you can get out here is pretty good. but nobody does a proper new york giant thin slice