Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dewgy posted:

What’s the last Japan Studio-only game? They usually seem to be a support studio working with someone else, so they may be refocusing to be better at that.

Looks like uhhhh Knack 2 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I was sad for a second but then realized Astro Bot is handled by Team Asobi and Everybody's Golf is done by Clap Hanz so all that's left there is uhhh dead franchises.

Yeah thats.....kinda where I'm at too tbh

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm kind of blown away by how much persona 5S feels like a proper sequel to persona 5.

Just the fact that the encounters are small versus big battlefield skirmishes really makes this feel like a proper action RPG rather than a warriors game. I'm very early on but I am extremely impressed so far, running around grinding some cash to upgrade my partys gear just like if I were playing a normal persona game

Also while I'm barely in the first jail or whatever, reviewers gave the impression that the dungeons were going to be really repetitive and bland visually, but the first dungeon has several distinct zones with unique themes and background songs even so I'm not sure what they were going on about. Maybe it gets worse as I progress but the first dungeon and the first boss seem well designed and in line with proper persona games

If this is the future of warrior games count me the gently caress in. for reference Hyrule warriors was one of my most hated purchases in a very long time

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 25, 2021

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Looks like uhhhh Knack 2 lol

Nooooooooo! :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rinkles posted:

Plus all the quirky doomed-to-failure franchises that'll now never be. We're not getting getting another Gravity Rush type game.

We were never going to get that once Keichiro Toyama quit to make Bokeh. I'm mildly sad that No Heroes Allowed is gonna die with this, but Sony never treated that franchise as anything more than a bizarre gimmick to gently caress around with.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sony is blowing it the west is fail

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Policenaut posted:

We were never going to get that once Keichiro Toyama quit to make Bokeh. I'm mildly sad that No Heroes Allowed is gonna die with this, but Sony never treated that franchise as anything more than a bizarre gimmick to gently caress around with.

I mean I imagine he left because the studio was closing. And I didn't mean GR specifically, just the kinds of game no one else is making.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

microsoft gonna buy sega and the whole japanese market at the same time

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Anyone playing the Outriders demo? How is it? I’m still worried it will just be Anthem 2.0.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
At least you could fly in Anthem

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Instead of playing Outriders, why not play the classic Konami run and gun arcade hit Sunset Riders

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone playing the Outriders demo? How is it? I’m still worried it will just be Anthem 2.0.

I'm going to try this evening but word is the servers are on fire at the moment so I doubt many people have successfully played it yet.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Instead of playing Outriders, why not play the classic Konami run and gun arcade hit Sunset Riders

Namco's Outfoxies + Konami's Sunset Riders = Outriders?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Billy Gnosis posted:

Namco's Outfoxies + Konami's Sunset Riders = Outriders?

Wow this game sounds pretty cool

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Apologies if this was already posted, but Mortal Shell is getting a free PS5 ‘enhanced edition’ that will run at 60 FPS and 4K etc https://youtu.be/ssctxRrMuf0

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

What's the likelihood that Horizon Zero dawn might be patched to 60FPS (and hopefully cut down on that heinous motion blur)?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh wow. I might have to play that. I bought it a while back but got wrapped up in Bloodborne instead.

After my struggles at the start, I’ve gotten pretty far in Dark Souls 3. I’ve killed all the bosses up to the catacombs of carthsis(?) and finished the cathedral of the deep. I’m definitely in the old swing of things now, got a full grasp of the gear and keeping myself slightly overleveled and upgraded so I don’t get behind the curve, and exploring everything. I saved a knight from being stuck in a well (after loving patches tricked me yet again). Also, lol patches. I know the character from the demon souls remake and I guess he’s a recurring rear end in a top hat. Was there a patches equivalent in Sekiro or Bloodborne?

Dark souls 3 is undeniably beautiful. The giant circular casket room where you fight the deacons of the deep was just an incredible set piece. I keep imagining a remastered version of this game and it kind of makes me cry.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Sekiro didn’t have any Patches equivalent really, but Bloodborne has one. It’s literally Patches, but just his head on a spider body.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh. Right right lol. Man I didn’t really pay attention to that one besides the bare minimum. It was also before demon souls for me so I didn’t even know he was relevant. That’s disappointing they didn’t carry through on Sekiro though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Will Elden Ring be shown today?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I also think the bosses in dark souls 3 are easier than many bosses of the series. They often die much more quickly than their health bars would have you thin, are often using slightly gimmicky movesets, and are definitely slower and more predictable than other bosses. Comparing the abyss watchers, which took me two tries to kill, with father gascoigne.. the latter is an absolute terror in comparison.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Imhotep posted:

Apologies if this was already posted, but Mortal Shell is getting a free PS5 ‘enhanced edition’ that will run at 60 FPS and 4K etc https://youtu.be/ssctxRrMuf0

It was a fun game but lord it so badly needs an expansion at least.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is anything good expected to be announced today?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Dewgy posted:

What’s the last Japan Studio-only game? They usually seem to be a support studio working with someone else, so they may be refocusing to be better at that.

Knack 2.
Before that, Knack 1.

Before those, all their original IP was shovelware and extremely low budget. The best one was probably locoroco in 2005. They have not had a single notable game other than those - everything they've ever done that was good they acted as a support studio.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 25, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I think the Nameless King gave me the most trouble but he was actually kind of fun to learn,he is ultimately pretty good practice for Cinder

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Is anything good expected to be announced today?

Dunno. Expect mostly updates on announced games and never be dissapointed

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

smh my head at the lack of excitement about Rift Apart

Wait, yeah, gonna earnest post this one. The Ratchet & Clank games fuckin' rule and I understand they aren't the most popular, but holy hell it's been too long and I want more. Maybe don't bog the game down by simultaneously making a movie this time. Totally in the minority but I liked the movie too, even though it pretty clearly impacted the remake in inconvenient ways.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

Knack 2.
Before that, Knack 1.

Yeah japan studio has been dying for a decade. Gravity rush2 flopped last gen too sadly

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

hi liquidypoo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

microsoft gonna buy sega and the whole japanese market at the same time

I am very happy for both Japanese Xbox owners if this is the case.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
For the record theres lots of things I do like, take Monster Hunter for example

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Casnorf posted:

hi liquidypoo

get back to work

edit: can't tell if you got up and handled that game cart to look like you were working or if you actually worked. got my eye on you

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

liquidypoo posted:

get back to work

edit: can't tell if you got up and handled that game cart to look like you were working or if you actually worked. got my eye on you

I was checking to see if our 4.5mm security bits were actually 4.5 blah blah blah you know I don't do any real work.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

liquidypoo posted:

smh my head at the lack of excitement about Rift Apart

Wait, yeah, gonna earnest post this one. The Ratchet & Clank games fuckin' rule and I understand they aren't the most popular, but holy hell it's been too long and I want more. Maybe don't bog the game down by simultaneously making a movie this time. Totally in the minority but I liked the movie too, even though it pretty clearly impacted the remake in inconvenient ways.

It's gonna be a fun game, op.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pumped up for school posted:

First half was great. My emotional response to the ending was "thank god this garbage is over"
Same

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FFXV is an undeniably weak entry in the series. There's some great ideas in there but the second half is kind of a trashfire and the combat is rather weak in hindsight. That said, the ending, against all odds, managed to affect me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I haven't beaten ff15 but honestly from what I played it was better than at least FF13-1. I just hate 13 so much still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PlayStation