Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Thanks to the persistence of forums poster bird., and the memory of forums poster Manifisto, we have rediscovered the legal document with a BYOB thread in it!

The document
appears to be denying a trademark application for "FIRST INDEPENDENT CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY"

The thread
is included in its entirety, complete with adbot messages, in the document. The thread apparently backs up the assertion that "scientology" is a generic term, a sentiment which we here at BYOB firmly endorse, for some reason.

The pizza shop scientology page
which the thread was about.

Mr. Jim promises he will mail a free pamphlet to anyone who provides their address in the form he's provided. Amazingly, this page is still up. I will personally give a big sloppy kiss to anyone who requests this pamphlet and posts a photo of it when they get it. On the lips.

But in any case, it appears it has been 5 years since BYOB (re-)demonstrated that Scientology is a generic term, and it is high time we renew this steadfast obligation to the people of the universe.

cruft fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

scientology pizza is the slang term for hawaiian pizza in canada, i think because of the film "cocktail" please don't sue me pizza man

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

wow, this vodka is crystal clear
-dan akroyd, chugging from a skull shaped bottle

nut

does this make us tastemakers

Ass-penny

While the pamphlet may be very funny, I'm really hesitant to give my address to someone who associates with a cult legitimate religion.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

rear end-penny posted:

While the pamphlet may be very funny, I'm really hesitant to give my address to someone who associates with a cult legitimate religion.

i honestly thought i was brave until i considered this. i know about fair play. now i'm just pretending i'm wise.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

Based on my experiences in college, once these fuckers helpful people have your address, you will never stop hearing from them.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

On the lips, rear end-penny.

Think about it.

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

one day every family will enjoy mr jims pizza, I SWEAR IT

Even though I just finished dinner, I now find myself wishing I could enjoy the great taste of MrJims.Pizza pizza.

nut

what if his first name is slim

cruft

nut posted:

what if his first name is slim

Oh gosh, now I'm worried that he might be made of cracker or some other brittle material :ohdear:

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Based on my experiences in college, once these fuckers helpful people have your address, you will never stop hearing from them.

Yeah I'm reminded of my roommate's struggle to get out of the Mormon church. He stopped going, never responded to mailers, they keep getting his address, even showing up here once. I don't need nobody looking for me like that.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

On the lips, rear end-penny.

Think about it.

*Adds chapstick to my shopping list*

City of Glompton

cruft posted:

Thanks to the persistence of forums poster bird., and the memory of forums poster Manifisto, we have rediscovered the legal document with a BYOB thread in it!

The document
appears to be denying a trademark application for "FIRST INDEPENDENT CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY"

The thread
is included in its entirety, complete with adbot messages, in the document. The thread apparently backs up the assertion that "scientology" is a generic term, a sentiment which we here at BYOB firmly endorse, for some reason.

The pizza shop scientology page
which the thread was about.

Mr. Jim promises he will mail a free pamphlet to anyone who provides their address in the form he's provided. Amazingly, this page is still up. I will personally give a big sloppy kiss to anyone who requests this pamphlet and posts a photo of it when they get it. On the lips.

But in any case, it appears it has been 5 years since BYOB (re-)demonstrated that Scientology is a generic term, and it is high time we renew this steadfast obligation to the people of the universe.

i tried to request the pamphlet but the page think i am a robot :(

you may recall this is not the first time this has happened to me

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cruft

City of Glompton posted:

i tried to request the pamphlet but the page think i am a robot :(

you may recall this is not the first time this has happened to me

Perhaps the page knows something you don't... :ohdear:

Macnult

nut posted:

does this make us tastemakers

yes, as well as clout creators

Macnult

using terms such as ‘dingus’, ‘doohickey’, ‘thangalang’, and ‘scientology’ interchangeably

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
lmao

thanks Manifisto!

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh jeez this office still uses scientology? hard to believe, but i think we still have an old scientology machine in the back somewhere. isn't there a web application to do this now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

oh jeez this office still uses scientology? hard to believe, but i think we still have an old scientology machine in the back somewhere. isn't there a web application to do this now?

That was really the Scientology of posts.

This, of course, being the Scientology of Scientology posts.