Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 30

No, Aqua, turn back. Turn baaaack :ohdear:

Kana continues to be the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 30

What? Aqua isn't allowed to date a detective that can help him find his dad he wants to murder? :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 30

kana:
"my first time is with you aqua"

wew.

I wonder if Aqua is actually right with his assumption about Akane or not.

Either way: What an rear end in a top hat.

e: Like, he assumes he doesn't have a thing for Akane because he has platonic feelings for Kana? I'm not sure that hashes out!

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 9, 2021

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 30

Aqua is the worst! Poor Kana. Poor Akane.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress, Aqua?! :stonk:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

What the gently caress, Aqua?! :stonk:
What did you think was gonna happen?

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
God drat, Aqua! I can't wait to see how badly this goes. :suspense:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Aqua is not a well adjusted person, surprise surprise.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yo Aqua what the gently caress

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013
Chapter 31 is up

Aqua managing to not be completely manipulative is probably a good sign.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

That was actually a pretty good de-escalation there. Everyone talked things out and kept things from getting gross. I appreciate a drama that's willing to put on the brakes now and then.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I guess trying to pull a fast one over a girl whose explicit talent is being able to read people with frightening clarity wasn't a realistic proposition in the first place.

Got a laugh out of Yuki dumping Nobu on camera only to become his girlfriend for real right afterwards. She is certainly a bonafide professional :stare:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Maybe Aqua... isn’t the worst?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's not the worst, he's just kinda dumb.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I expected Aqua to be way scummier than that, go figure.

That being said, Akane did seem kinda sincere about having a crush on him, not to mention Kana.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 32

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Justice for Christmas Cakes. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"YOU PHILANDERING CAD!"

Oh Kana, never change. :kimchi:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Justice for Christmas Cakes. :colbert:

:yeah:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meme stocks going up, even if I still want to see more Akane.

I can relate to the feeling of being too old to pursue a young woman's kinda career because adult stuff was more important when you were a teenager. :sigh:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 30, 2021

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:same:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Oshi no Ko and Kaguya are taking a break next week so Aka can enjoy the start of Apex Legends Season 8 rest.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mature ladies are cool

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 33

Well the ending to this chapter sure wasn't foreboding at all. In other news, we finally get Kana in color!

:sparkles:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
It's been a while since we've seen the school so I don't remember the classmates too well, but this Shiranui girl is actually pretty funny

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope we'll get an arc with Ruby and her friends now, even if Aqua is more the main character.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everyone wants a piece of Aqua

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

Everyone wants a piece of Aqua

But Aqua's a useless drunk!

...Oh, you mean the doctor. Right, right.

Caught up with this not a couple chapters ago. (Kinda figured I should between a friend recommending it, liking Kaguya, and the artist doing a ton of really good Chainsaw Man fanart) It's good, and I like it, but I'm not always sure where it's going, and not just in the good way.

It doesn't quite feel like the manga has a firm baseline structure. Not that it has to keep it once it has one, but being able to get a basic feel for the story at a given point, even if the ground collapses under you the next chapter, and I'm not sure how well Oshi no Ko does that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 34

I too want to dance the Pepper Workout!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm rooting for you Kana. Snag that emotionally unstable adult child.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Honestly look forward to the bombs that is Aqua and Ruby's mom and Aqua's ultimate goal being dropped on any of these girls

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Honestly look forward to the bombs that is Aqua and Ruby's mom and Aqua's ultimate goal being dropped on any of these girls

Without the reincarnation context (and that one's going to require a lot more trust to reveal), it's probably going to look straight up oedipal.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Pieyon is aqua irl

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1223305

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Acerbatus posted:

I can't believe Pieyon is aqua irl

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1223305

:psyduck:
The girls will murder him if and when they find out. When does he even find the time between plotting revenge, schmoozing with anyone that could point him towards revenge and going to high school.

E: It could be that he's just wearing the mask for this occasion but I doubt it. The first time it was the real Pieyon so I see no reason it would be a fake one this time.

Also stop bullying Kana you jerks.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 26, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Omobono posted:

:psyduck:
The girls will murder him if and when they find out. When does he even find the time between plotting revenge, schmoozing with anyone that could point him towards revenge and going to high school.

E: It could be that he's just wearing the mask for this occasion but I doubt it. The first time it was the real Pieyon so I see no reason it would be a fake one this time.

The filmed Pieyon was noted to be much buffer than the Pieyon this chapter (by the one person who's only seen the real one on youtube), and he does a voice that would make a fake easier to manage. Meanwhile, the Pieyon in chapter 22? Quite buff.

Moreover, if you look at how Pieyon speaks in his previous appearance, his dialogue is very different. In chapter 22, he's confident and direct with everything he says. Even his questions are practical and on point, usually asked when he already has an answer in mind. Here?

An um, a well, lots of ellipses, lots of interpersonal questions. He's got a completely different style of talking.

There is a real Pieyon, basically. He's just not in this chapter.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Omobono posted:

Bullying Kana is the only way to unleash her true potential. :colbert:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's like bullying Maki, or bullying Kobeni.

In a harsh world like this, being bullied is the one way to survive.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
oh dang oh dang! I forgot to check the new chapters. Aqua being the fake pleyon is basically guaranteed.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kana does have a lot of Maki-like qualities, but I think, more importantly, is that Kana is like the opposite of Fujiwara. The more you bully Kana, the better your opinion of her becomes, whereas the more you bully Fujiwara, the more you become aware that she's a hilariously lovely, petty person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 36

In which Kana continues to get bullied by life.