Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Burkion posted:

I also HYPER planned out my poo poo from the start - my starter, Gears, has been a lot of different loving Digimon by now. But his final form was Apocalymon, with his buddies Omnimon Zwart and Armageddamon

Mostly because I wanted the most evil team around

Omnimon Zwart is good guy, just with some black paint mixed in. ChaosGallantmon, on the other hand...

Got my Tamer’s Battle Pack I ordered. The option cards that cane with it are so much higher quality than the rest of the cards I have, it’s laughable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Everyone’s a dud compared to Impmon :smith:

End of the day I’m just biding my time until they let me bring in my stock from Cyber Sleuth though.

I'm doing a thing where I focus on evil Digimon for my Cyber Slueth run, and good Digimon for Hacker

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think I'm gonna focus on rabbit (or rabbit-like) Digimon if I can, but I can't think of a third rabbit line aside from Terriermon and Lunamon. Elecmon, maybe? Except nothing it turns into looks even remotely rabbit-like. Any suggestions?

Edit: Lopmon doesn't count, I'm already probably going to need to use Antylamon as back-up.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 26, 2021

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

I'm doing a thing where I focus on evil Digimon for my Cyber Slueth run, and good Digimon for Hacker

My last HM run I specifically chose Digimon I don't normally use. Lot of Adventure peeps in my party...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pyontomon only just got revealed...

Sadly I think you mostly just have Lopmon, Terriermon and Lunamon. Lunamon is really good- or rather her later evolutions are. I ended up with them and I'm not really sure how. I never saw her herself. I just ended up with her ultimate and mega levels. She's got a permanent place on my secondary roster.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If I squint, I could go for Veemon (specifically, the Veedramon line), and/or the Dorumon line. DoruGreymon could kind of pass for a rabbit dragon.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Status effects are your friend here. Poison does a lot of damage and turning your enemies into sprites/sleeping them/whatever makes the action economy a lot easier to deal with. Consider also using a dedicated member of your team use Speed Charge Field or Speed Break Field to help you keep up.

This is all good advice but I think instead I will just not finish the game and never play it again.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

I think I'm gonna focus on rabbit (or rabbit-like) Digimon if I can, but I can't think of a third rabbit line aside from Terriermon and Lunamon. Elecmon, maybe? Except nothing it turns into looks even remotely rabbit-like. Any suggestions?

Edit: Lopmon doesn't count, I'm already probably going to need to use Antylamon as back-up.

Terriermon is a dog, Lopmon is the rabbit

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

PMush Perfect posted:

If you're playing the complete edition (which it sounds like you are from the previous post about NX Digimon) you should be able to use Lunamon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Balache404 posted:

If you're playing the complete edition (which it sounds like you are from the previous post about NX Digimon) you should be able to use Lunamon.

PMush Perfect posted:

Currently rocking Gargomon/Ogremon/Lekismon as my mains
:j:

drrockso20 posted:

Terriermon is a dog, Lopmon is the rabbit
They are both good boys and Rapidmon is rabbit enough for both of them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Burkion posted:

Ooh I really like the idea of having a themed team. My Cyber Sleuth team was totally random but I’m gonna tailor the Hacker team.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

I r gud reedor.

Another suggestion then: Sistermon Blanc fits as rabbit adjacent w/ her hood. It helps that her Champion form has a really good support signature skill. Other than that you might wanna consider broadening your party criteria.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Glad to see Adventure: is chugging along nicely

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1365257918967402501

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Hey now, being Xenogears for kids is Zoids' Job!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gabumon died for our sins friendships

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

LMAO

Just finished the Etemon arc in classic DA. It's both shorter than I remember and longer than it needed to be (there really wasn't that much going on) but over all I liked it. Also holy poo poo the animation quality skyrocketed when Tai got back to earth. I remember that they got a guest animator for this episode but I didn't remember that it was ~this~ much better. Good poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

readingatwork posted:

LMAO

Just finished the Etemon arc in classic DA. It's both shorter than I remember and longer than it needed to be (there really wasn't that much going on) but over all I liked it. Also holy poo poo the animation quality skyrocketed when Tai got back to earth. I remember that they got a guest animator for this episode but I didn't remember that it was ~this~ much better. Good poo poo.

Episode 21 is arguably the peak of Adventure 21. It's soooo good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, as Japan has a relatively small Christian population (I think anyway, correct me if I’m wrong) why is crucifixion so popular in their media?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, as Japan has a relatively small Christian population (I think anyway, correct me if I’m wrong) why is crucifixion so popular in their media?

Probably partly because of that. With such a small Christian population, they don't risk angering a lot of people, and it feels more foreign and unique.

It's also possibly Ultraman's fault, as lots of things in Japanese media tend to be.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Because it's cool and nifty and weird and foreign. It's no different than how American media frequently leans on Greek or Norse mythology for ideas. Removed from cultural saturation it's just one more book of myths and symbols you can hang a story on.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like to think Japan is just full of people obsessed with Ancient Rome. Kenji-san sighed as he unsheathed his gladius.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Crucifixion is basically forced t-posing when you think about it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ah, Adventure Colon taking a hard swerve into Xenogears territory out of nowhere. Nice.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Looks like Gabumon is taking part in the local church’s Easter program.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ethiser posted:

Looks like Gabumon is taking part in the local church’s Easter program.

Gabu Friday

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Well at least part of it is that crucifixion used to be a fairly common method of execution in Japan even before Christianity arrived in Japan, and well there's also this unpleasant piece of business;

Martyrs of Japan

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I may be spending too much money on Digimon cards

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Dear production team of Digimon Adventure 20,

Episodes like this are literally what I wanted from this show since the very beginning, so please reflect on the series of decisions you made that resulted in this episode feeling like something of an anomaly. Please fire the production staff behind the travesty that was episode 36 and continue onward using this most recent episode (38) as a point of reference for what your show should look like.

Yours,
a tedious Digimon fan on the Internet.

No but seriously, if the show could continue to have episodes like this for the next 30 weeks I would be extremely obliged. It won't fix that god-awful middle portion, but I will wholeheartedly take a Digimon season that I can call good with an asterisk over one that is just bad after a point.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dam that was a good rear end ep.
it really felt like it should have been Metal Garurumon’s time to shine, but I guess all the kids are getting character development episodes where we get “previews” of their mega forms first. I guess they did technically do that with Taichi too during the Machinedramon incident after all.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

I may be spending too much money on Digimon cards

if you're buying english ones i hope you aren't paying scalper prices

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Elfgames posted:

if you're buying english ones i hope you aren't paying scalper prices

I'm buying singles, which is much cheaper than buying boxes. It still adds up though

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
No idea how far I am in Hacker's Memory but Yuuko really gets to shine as a 100% weirdo. Finding her friendship books is one of the best cases in either game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Two new Digimon got dropped to the Digimon Reference Book completely out of nowhere. Here's Shivamon and Achillesmon, both Ultimate levels.
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1367663598714187776

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

Two new Digimon got dropped to the Digimon Reference Book completely out of nowhere. Here's Shivamon and Achillesmon, both Ultimate levels.
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1367663598714187776

I don’t love Achillesmon but Shivamon rules.

Maybe this will see more focus on the Iliad server?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t love Achillesmon but Shivamon rules.

Maybe this will see more focus on the Iliad server?
Achillesmon is decent, but Shivamon is amazing.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I really like them both. I especially like that they're in the Pulsemon tree but contain no flourescent green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh poo poo does shivamon evolve from exermon? that'd be cool.

Getting big SMT/Persona vibes from Achillesmon.