Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BisterdDave posted:

just gotta be thankful for what we are given is all.

Hi have you met gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can’t upgrade it at all :eyepop: that’s so weird. Why wouldn’t they want more money.
I guess they get money if you buy the ps5 version fully?? I’m not sure. It just sounds like a mess of digital licenses at that point

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Licensing is the most likely explanation. SE definitely wants to sell PS5 versions and they kind of have a history of...let us say, 20.99 FFIX.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you can’t upgrade it at all :eyepop: that’s so weird. Why wouldn’t they want more money.
I guess they get money if you buy the ps5 version fully?? I’m not sure. It just sounds like a mess of digital licenses at that point

What about giving away a game for free, and letting them upgrade same game to new console, for free, gives them more money?

What about that situation generates money for Square-Enix? They will get the money (either as lump sum or per download) from the ps+ PS4 version, but then letting those people upgrade to PS5 at no cost eats into whatever it costed to upgrade to PS5.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
In winter 2000 about
Young casnorf's christmastime route
EB all day's time:
Nights: FF Nine
No schedule for sleeping, the lout!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What if you bought it on PS4 and now have a PS5

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

FAUXTON posted:

What if you bought it on PS4 and now have a PS5

If you bought FF7 remake you get the upgrade for free to PS5 but have to pay for the new DLC story.

Edit: unless you sold your copy, which, time to rebuy then.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

What about giving away a game for free, and letting them upgrade same game to new console, for free, gives them more money?

What about that situation generates money for Square-Enix? They will get the money (either as lump sum or per download) from the ps+ PS4 version, but then letting those people upgrade to PS5 at no cost eats into whatever it costed to upgrade to PS5.

I’m not saying let them upgrade it at no cost. You can’t upgrade this edition at all. Which is the first line of what you quoted

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

SnS was legit one of, if not the, highest DPS weapons with perfect rush. It’s been balanced since but if you can get the timing down perfect rush does A TON of damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gXxQ7e7EE

Oh lol I didnt even know about this combo. Time to practice

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Sony really ought to let me upgrade my PS4 for free considering how much money they've made off me at this point

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

I’m not saying let them upgrade it at no cost. You can’t upgrade this edition at all. Which is the first line of what you quoted

Is there even a game out there that has a “upgrade to the PS5 version for X dollar” out there?

If not, maybe Sony’s backend just won’t let them do it? If so, well, they figured they sell more copies of the game and wasn’t worth the hassle of doing that considering that you can probably find it discounted a lot these days.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I think there’s a few but I could be wrong. BLOPS maybe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Considering some companies just literally give you the PS5 version FOR FREE if you own the PS4 version it’s silly to contest that a company couldn’t do it for a small fee

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

The Black Stones posted:

Is there even a game out there that has a “upgrade to the PS5 version for X dollar” out there?

If not, maybe Sony’s backend just won’t let them do it? If so, well, they figured they sell more copies of the game and wasn’t worth the hassle of doing that considering that you can probably find it discounted a lot these days.

THPS said it was going to be like this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seems like it would be a good upsell. As in “You can get the PS4 version with PS+ and then if you want the upgrade you pay €20 (or whatever). “

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Seems like it would be a good upsell. As in “You can get the PS4 version with PS+ and then if you want the upgrade you pay €20 (or whatever). “

They would absolutely make more money this way than trying to bully PS5 owners into rebuying a game you literally just gave them for free. This seems, like, uniquely designed to prey on whales.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It just seems like weirdly thought out! Like would you really bother buying it again just for a few new bells and whistles? I dunno!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

drat i was kind of hoping they would have announced next months ps+ by now, i was going to order some stuff for my birthday and dont want to double dip.

oh well, if FF7R and Miles Morales end up free next month you're welcome

:ocelot:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

exquisite tea posted:

Wow I forgot all about how the narrative lead was just fired from Bloodlines 2 last year with no warning. And it had Chris Avellone working on it. That project is cursed.

The whole loving IP is cursed - this round it literally was such an edgelord trash fire that it caused an international incident, and likely got the last Paradox CEO kicked upstairs to the board before his fanboyism caused another shitshow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Best VTM video game remains the old Deus Ex Malkavian mod

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think it's incorrectly worded. I think you'll be able to buy the PS5 version no problem, but would be expected to pay full price for it or whatever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

haveblue posted:

Best VTM video game remains the old Deus Ex Malkavian mod

nah bloodlines was a very good vtm game, it was just a kind of bad video game in parts.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What the hell is a Maquette

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kirios posted:

Nothin what's a Maquette with you?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Paul... I... I... I thought you were a GEP gun

Kirios posted:

It's a puzzle game about going between bigger and smaller worlds

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

idk if anyone knows or even cares but I just read on Reddit that the PS+ version of FF7R will not have the PS5 upgrade, just FYI

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I'm going to try to finish up Trails of Cold Steel 2 this weekend (good game), but LOL at FF7R being the PS+ game, I had bought it physical disc during a winter sale and I planned on playing it next!

Do we know if save data from FF7R will get used for Part 2 whenever it comes out?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, sweet. I own 3 of the 4 PS plus games already. Back to normal I guess.

Maquette looks neat at least.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kirios posted:

It's where Rhode Islanders go to buy groceries.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirios posted:

"Maquette" is the French word for mock-up or model (like a tiny model building you'd make as an architect or similar).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BisterdDave posted:

And here I thought "finally, a month where nobody can complain about the PS+ offerings", yet here we are.

I own both 7R and Remnant so this is literally a blank month for me. I don't own a PS5 so Maquette is also a blank space.

Farpoint, do you need the move controller for it? It had that gun attachment right? If you could play this with controller it will be the only new thing for me, otherwise it is 0/4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's playable with the DS4, but you'll lose some ~presence~ because with the Aim your real hands and virtual hands are in the exact same places

The Aim isn't an attachment, it's an entirely new controller

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh. Well it looks like all the new versions of the aim controller come bundled with farpoint, used aims are going for $50 (and I assume will go up with an uptick in demand) and the list of other Aim compatible games looks like a pile of dire garbage so lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I own both 7R and Remnant so this is literally a blank month for me. I don't own a PS5 so Maquette is also a blank space.

I played through 7R last year, and have no intention of picking it up again. I'm just amazed that it's being offered at all, and that it's free for new players who have been waiting to give it a shot. Happy for the gamers that do get to enjoy probably one of the best PS+ offerings to date.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

exquisite tea posted:

Lol this is a good piece of business.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
FYI, Remnant is good fun, either as a tense soulslike (single-player) or a raucous looter-shooter dungeon-crawl (multiplayer).

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh. Well it looks like all the new versions of the aim controller come bundled with farpoint, used aims are going for $50 (and I assume will go up with an uptick in demand) and the list of other Aim compatible games looks like a pile of dire garbage so lol

I like Firewall a lot but yeah it's literally the only other game that I used my aim controller with. Probably not enough to justify a purchase. PSVR is really overpriced for what you get vs. other VR kits right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I already own FF7R

What the heck am I paying for PS+ then, huh Sony? So mere plebs can play good games? This is bs

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 26, 2021