Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A double with a discussion of gremlins 3 without knowing about Dawn of Desmond smdh

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/status/1313953227226873858?s=19

Yup, it's gremlins time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So Nick assumes "Papadias" is a play on "quesadilla" but it's not spelled "Papadilla", what's going on there? Also I had one, and it was way better than you'd expect from a company whose pizzas are so bad. If they were like a brand new chain putting those front-and-center I'd be thinking... 4 forks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1363927226614382593

Wow.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got introduced to this here pod through the Phil Rosenthal episode. It's good poo poo. It might also be the first podcast where I've noticed that they retroactively change the ads. Listening to a Haley Joel Osment episode from 2018 that goes into an ad about smokin' a doob during the pandemic is jarring.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has anyone ever noticed that Nick and Mitch starred in a bunch of obscure Italian buddy comedies during the 1970s?

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 22, 2021

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Drunkboxer posted:

Has anyone ever noticed that Nick and Mitch starred in a bunch of obscure Italian buddy comedies during the 1970s?

lol my German brother in law has a poster of those two up in his kitchen and I also thought it looked like nick and mitch.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Which one of them is for the hippopotamus?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I like how in the first poster nick has a [minions voice] ba-na-na

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
and Not-Mitch fittingly looks in agony for no good reason

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Fartington Butts posted:

I got introduced to this here pod through the Phil Rosenthal episode. It's good poo poo. It might also be the first podcast where I've noticed that they retroactively change the ads. Listening to a Haley Joel Osment episode from 2018 that goes into an ad about smokin' a doob during the pandemic is jarring.

Oh yeah I think that’s automated somehow. Makes sense to help monetize the back catalog, ads for tour dates years ago don’t have much purpose.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I can’t remember if it was this show or another one but I recently heard a podcast ad for a local business that’s having a “going out of business” sale. That was truly jarring.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PantsOptional posted:

I can’t remember if it was this show or another one but I recently heard a podcast ad for a local business that’s having a “going out of business” sale. That was truly jarring.

I got an ad for a new grocery store opening near me at the very end of a recent Doughboys episode and had the very similar "What the hell" moment. They can geotarget crappy ads to me in my podcasts now, awesome.

Update to the GMA thing: The Doughboys will be on tomorrow's GMA sometime between 8:30 and 9 AM.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 23, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Video of GMA appearance: https://streamable.com/e226v6

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

My grandmother watches GMA every single morning and I absolutely want to know what she thought of this.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch surrounded by framed pictures of like a safari? nice

this should really help them with the "65+ but understands what a podcast is" demographic

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Wow.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Were there a ton of discord connecting/disconnecting noises on that?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

That timeline of chicken sandwiches is Chick-fil-A history erasure.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Baggot posted:

That timeline of chicken sandwiches is Chick-fil-A history erasure.

'alright so first some dude who hated gay people introduced the concept of pickle brine to non-southern people and we all lost our poo poo for some reason'

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

They still had their chicken sandwich in the 1960s, well before the start of the timeline they depicted there. At least be accurate.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wonder how much was actually recorded in order to cut it down to...that.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Were there a ton of discord connecting/disconnecting noises on that?

That was on whoever recorded the clip's end, it wasn't like that on broadcast.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

They probably recorded a full-length podcast episode with some hapless GMA producer who was desperately trying to get off the call the entire time.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

mitch surrounded by framed pictures of like a safari? nice

this should really help them with the "65+ but understands what a podcast is" demographic

imagine looking at those pictures and not immediately recognizing them as pictures his mum took on a safari she won in a contest for trying a sample of kaluha

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Baggot posted:

They probably recorded a full-length podcast episode with some hapless GMA producer who was desperately trying to get off the call the entire time.

"Guys, you can NOT talk about ejaculate this much before 9 AM on network television. In fact, you can't talk about it at all.

Also, Mr. Mitchell, I...I really don't think we need to hear about the elephant photos again on this call. The previous 5 explanations were plenty."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

"Guys, you can NOT talk about ejaculate this much before 9 AM on network television. In fact, you can't talk about it at all.

Also, Mr. Mitchell, I...I really don't think we need to hear about the elephant photos again on this call. The previous 5 explanations were plenty."

“...an an an an and that’s why I used to call it ‘bubba juice, chop chip, with milk.’”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mitch shamefully playing a drop for no reason, just out of pure instinct.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cloks posted:

imagine looking at those pictures and not immediately recognizing them as pictures his mum took on a safari she won in a contest for trying a sample of kaluha

lol i now remember this story but did not expect them to be so front and center in his zoom

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

Mitch shamefully playing a drop for no reason, just out of pure instinct.

"I-I-I-I-I-I can't look our guest in the eye. This is so embarrassing. Here we go"

*Hoda stares blankly ahead while a tinny version of Carry On My Wayward Son is played but half the words are replaced with "cum"*

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/1364646600618950658

wow!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wow.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I haven't listened to an episode since the first lock-down but please let me know when the do a Dunkin' special. I want to hear Mitch loose his poo poo about Dunkin' selling Avocado toast.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

I cummed like mad to this.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://twitter.com/cullenthecomic/status/1364650027382005760

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Why didn’t Nick eat the plant based options at kfc seemed like it would have been a good opportunity during his “no meat” phase

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 26, 2021

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Do it ironically posted:

Why didn’t Nick eat the plant based options at kfc seemed like it would have been a good opportunity during his “no meat” phase

I don't think it's currently on the menu. I know KFC made a big deal about the launch last year but I believe it was a limited time/select markets thing to determine if it was worth taking national.

Beyond Meat has a store locator on their website. There are only a handful of KFCs listed as serving Beyond Tenders in LA and they're all marked "Sold Out"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

JethroMcB posted:

I don't think it's currently on the menu. I know KFC made a big deal about the launch last year but I believe it was a limited time/select markets thing to determine if it was worth taking national.

Beyond Meat has a store locator on their website. There are only a handful of KFCs listed as serving Beyond Tenders in LA and they're all marked "Sold Out"

Ah I just looked and you’re right, I never go to kfc, the local one by me only has the plant based chicken burger, I know it also used to have plant based popcorn chicken too, I’m also in Canada which I didn’t even know till the episode has a different menu

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Funnily enough, news just came out today that Beyond Meat signed deals with both McD's and Yum Brands. Maybe later this year the Veggie Burger Boy will be able to have a whole month to evaluate his new options.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Y'know sometimes people go a little hard on Nick for his food takes, but after his "I do not like chocolate ice cream because it is too chocolatey" take this episode, I hope Mitch beats the poo poo out of him when the pandemic is over. Little robot freak. Goblin man.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Honestly, I hate chocolate ice cream too. For exactly that same reason. Never liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Nick IS a joyless robot but his servos were 100% correct in that icecream take, too chocolatey icecream loses any nuance.