Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Diamond and Pearl remakes are only getting my hopes up even more about Cynthia getting into the game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

RareAcumen posted:

Diamond and Pearl remakes are only getting my hopes up even more about Cynthia getting into the game now

With the way Pokemon is portrayed in Smash (much more emphasis is placed on the monsters as opposed to the human characters, which is minimal), it would be more likely that Garchomp itself would be the DP remake rep.

Unless they want to go nuts and put a Pokemon Legends: Arceus rep and have a Lucas/Dawn's ancestor trainer with Decidueye, Dewott and Cyndaquil.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zuzie posted:

With the way Pokemon is portrayed in Smash (much more emphasis is placed on the monsters as opposed to the human characters, which is minimal), it would be more likely that Garchomp itself would be the DP remake rep.

Unless they want to go nuts and put a Pokemon Legends: Arceus rep and have a Lucas/Dawn's ancestor trainer with Decidueye, Dewott and Cyndaquil.

playable arceus

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Another Pokemon trainer with 3 different Pokemon would be awesome.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
In commemoration of the D/P remakes, we'll be getting that most iconic of 4th Gen Pokemon:

Lucario

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

dr.acula posted:

I would be down with this if it filled in the three missing generations but I would also be down with a Team Grunt character with all 8 different team costumes ala Koopa Kids.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

dr.acula posted:

:from very far away: team rocketttt

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

dr.acula posted:

It'll be this but only of three of my own personal favorites. So it'll be Toxtricity, Psyduck and Klefki

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It should be Gary loving Oak and he has Eevee

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should add Klara

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I would like whoever it would be to have either Machamp/choke or Blaziken as one of its pokemon at least. Gengar/Haunter would be cool as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Where's the drat Kid Icarus remake on Switch, Nintendo?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
They're not gonna bring in Dragapult, but I sure wish they would.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There should be a character who fights by punching and kicking people. Hasn't been one of those in a little while.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Reiley posted:

There should be a character who fights by punching and kicking people. Hasn't been one of those in a little while.

Min Min was just three characters ago.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RareAcumen posted:

Where's the drat Kid Icarus remake on Switch, Nintendo?

They have to find how to make the controls as physically painful as possible.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

Min Min was just three characters ago.

I think you misunderstand.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Reiley posted:

I think you misunderstand.

Apart from possibly Banjo & Kazooie (and even then...), practically all the DLC characters have a unique gimmick attached to them because they probably don't want people to feel ripped off that they paid $5.99 for a basic character who could have easily been included in the base game.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that, with so many characters in the game, it's difficult to make a new character feel distinct from all the others without giving them a gimmick.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Reiley posted:

There should be a character who fights by punching and kicking people.

Doomguy

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Reiley posted:

Kenshiro for smash

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I've heard that punching and kicking is all in the mind.

That means it's effectively PSI power.

So obviously Ninten should be the next character.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Theyre gonna add Tails next

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1365497896250957824

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1365546393553670145

By this time of the year in 1996 Sakurai had already made a multi-million selling franchise in the form a Kirby and Kirby Super Star was just under a month away from release...

But he still had to wait in line like everyone else in Japan to get his Mew, what a scene.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sakurai probably got the Mews by going to events because he wanted to, definitely seems like the type of dude to go out of his way for that authentic experience.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Segata Sanshiro for smash

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Pepsiman

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

A reminder that the game will get an update to version 11 soon-ish so I think Pyra/Mythra will drop very soon after the direct tomorrow.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
The game has the "your game is about to be updated!" message as of this morning, and they usually only put that up the day before the patch drops. Also, a friend pointed out that characters we knew about beforehand (Banjo, Terry, Sephiroth) were released the same day as their presentation, while characters who we found out about the moment of (Byleth, Min Min, Steve [basically]) were released within two weeks.

So, odds are decent that the new patch and Pyra drop tomorrow.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Yeah I saw the "11.0 patch soon!" message last night. Get ready for FIRE and LIGHT, this Thursday, only on pay per view

e: Pyra Firemblem and Mythra Lightemblem

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm hype for swordies

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new character day is fine when's the next character announcement though. also when's the one after that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Playable Waluigi has been in the game since launch but no one has met the unlock conditions yet

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Who even has the courage to find — much less beat — the Waluigi Challenge, though??

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Playable Waluigi has been in the game since launch but no one has met the unlock conditions yet

I've got him unlocked but I'm not telling you how. Also he's actually not that fun to play anyway so I don't bother.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1366584047657484298

I'm excited to play as anime sword lady...s.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I decided to pick up and play Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I gotta say, I'm actually really hype for Pyra now. I haven't actually got to where Mithra shows up but I know she's cool too. Also the music in this game is going to be perfect for Smash.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://twitter.com/nanabaah34/status/1367309062854086658

Anyway, the direct happens in two hours. (YouTube link) (Twitch link)

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 4, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Plasbad posted:

I decided to pick up and play Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I gotta say, I'm actually really hype for Pyra now. I haven't actually got to where Mithra shows up but I know she's cool too. Also the music in this game is going to be perfect for Smash.

Most of the XB2 cast are a lot of fun. Tora's a creep, but your third party member is probably my favorite in the game and the ones that come after are all pretty drat close to her level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sakurai starting the best girl arguments right off the bat.