Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

HMS Beagle posted:

They've been billing this as the last entry in Sol's story so it feels like it's now or never for That Man.

quote:

That Man.

You know, given the all the rock and metal references, I would have liked this name to have been brought over as "The Man", but what are you going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Have they announced what the smell of the game is?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Bull excrement which has been set aflame

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

You know, given the all the rock and metal references, I would have liked this name to have been brought over as "The Man", but what are you going to do.

Portugal, That Man

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Zand posted:

for anyone speculating on dlc, they did post these character popularity polls a while back: https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/db/en/volume1.php

reading this disappointed in the answers but at least satisfied that theyve acknowledged the lobby sucking rear end and making no sense and the ui being dumb and then realizing this was published in july. lol.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

To some degree you have to admire them for facing consistent and unanimous hatred of every single aspect of the weird pixelart lobbies and going: "Well... get used to it :catstare:"

Though not, you know, a large degree.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I liked the lobby lol. Just needs a rematch button.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The first part to improving the lobbies is being able to close the massive rear end news tab that takes up half the screen.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

JBP posted:

I liked the lobby lol. Just needs a rematch button.

I thought that was something that was deliberately left out of the beta, but would be added in the full release, though that may have been a dream.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Aesthetics aside, I definitely spent more time waiting between matches than actually playing. The hidden tab that lets you browse the players by name to see who is ready to match helps, but not much

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Venom was my main during AC times, but I bounced off him in Xrd because they took out one of his balls.

I really missed the insanity of filling the screen with bouncing balls, so I picked up May. Sadly, she has no balls in Strive, either. :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jacko is coming this Halloween and you will like it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

LostRook posted:

I thought that was something that was deliberately left out of the beta, but would be added in the full release, though that may have been a dream.

Yeah they mentioned stuff they were doing specifically for the beta like disallowing rematches and not showing connection quality before the match to force people to accept all types of players and connections. I’m pretty sure they were also just sweeping through all the lobbies and periodically dumping players out of them to forcibly mix everyone up

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m pretty sure they were also just sweeping through all the lobbies and periodically dumping players out of them to forcibly mix everyone up

poo poo was buggy as hell, i doubt they were doing this intentionally

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

Jacko is coming this Halloween and you will like it

Since Jack-O is awesome, I look forward to her inclusion.

Elphet can die in a ditch though.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Disappointed my Hori Fighting Commander won't work with the PS5 version, I wonder how long it will be till PS5 fightpads come out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

boz posted:

Disappointed my Hori Fighting Commander won't work with the PS5 version, I wonder how long it will be till PS5 fightpads come out.

It won't?
Weird. Hori sticks work. Did they do something stupid like make the fc pretend to be a dual shock 4 instead of whatever protocol officially licensed sticks, hotas, and wheels use that skates by the ps5's restrictions?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

It won't?
Weird. Hori sticks work. Did they do something stupid like make the fc pretend to be a dual shock 4 instead of whatever protocol officially licensed sticks, hotas, and wheels use that skates by the ps5's restrictions?

In the Sony blogpost, they only say sticks, they don't mention fightpads.

Thinking about getting a Titan Two adapter so I can use it, but I want to wait and see how long it takes till we get PS5 fightpads

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Elphelt is cool but fighting her is hell so she can stay gone.
Jack-o rules bring her back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I still want to know why ky has an install when spending meter on literally anything else will win the round usually

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Dragon Install being a wise use of meter goes against the spirit of the move tbh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt check if it was safe or if i could get reaction supered to death after using it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Real hurthling! posted:

I still want to know why ky has an install when spending meter on literally anything else will win the round usually

Lore.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A regular win lasts in your mind only a few seconds. A dragon install win lasts forever.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I don't own a ps5 but a friend of mine has one of my old ps4 fight sticks and he said it doesn't work on the ps5 version of the game.

I know Sony has said they will work but I think this is like the first ps5 fighting game.

Maybe mk11 is and maybe ps4 sticks works on that games ps5 version but I wouldn't know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Which stick is it?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Which stick is it?

It's one of those mayflashes where you gotta plug in that system's controller.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

boz posted:

yeah this is my friend. its a mayflash f3000. I have the the sfv fightstick tes+ but have not tested that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

boz posted:

Makes sense why then i guess

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Imagine Bedman being the first DLC character and then the last one is Shadow Bedman

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

boz posted:

Brooks PS4 PCBs (notably used in etokki omni and hitbox), and PS4 Hori Fight Commanders do not work with PS5 games. Brooks said they are already researching firmware updates for native PS5 compatibility. Mayflash has a list of 3rd party controllers for the f300 that should work with PS5 games here: https://www.mayflash.com/Products/XBOXXBOX360/F300.html It will not work with a dual shock 4.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Imagine Bedman being the first DLC character and then the last one is Shadow Bedman

Showing up, a delay and then him showing up again would be completely in line with his character.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I only got introduced to Guilty Gear from Xrd but I'm interested in Anji. What's his thing gameplay-wise?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

In XX a bunch of his moves had super armor. He’s pretty fun.

e: I guess it’s “auto-guard” instead of super armor, I dunno what the difference is

megane fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 1, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I think generally the difference is that auto-guard doesn't take damage but gets broken by unblockables maybe?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
His autoguard will absorb a matching hit (hi/low) without damage and you can either let the original move rock or cancel into one of several autoguard followups, kinda like xrd Baiken's azami.

He also has a powerful grounded horizontal dp called Fujin, which has several followups and is probably the most gorilla rear end move in Xrd. Plus his slow-moving butterfly projectile, which on contact launches a second falling projectile for a lot of lockdown. (The meter burn version is an overhead projectile giving Anji unblockables but that's almost definitely not making it into strive.)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Was he one of those characters that people hated because he was a pain in the rear end to play against? Because that sounds like my kind of poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fuujin is an invincible rekka starter that goes halfway across the screen and can be cancelled into like six different moves, butterfly is some of the scariest okizeme in the game, his mixup game is absurd, and he has pretty high HP. And, yeah, a ton of his moves have guardpoints that automatically block stuff - and when he blocks stuff, he can cancel into stronger moves. Anji is a massive bully that punches through predicted moves with his guard points, gets a knockdown, then starts running his game. Being in the corner against Anji is some scary poo poo, because not only does he have great okizeme and mixup, but being in the corner makes you extremely predictable - you don't need to be daigo to figure out what moves someone is gonna try and throw out when they're getting bullied in the corner.

He's got weaknesses and isn't like, an oppressive character, he's pretty mid tier - if he's not making reads his footsies game is pretty mediocre, he struggles when he's the one in the corner, he eats poo poo if he misreads the opponent, and his damage is pretty low - but he's an insanely frustrating character to play against. It helps that he also has a really solid matchup spread - he has some worse matchups but he's only 4-6 at worse for the most part, the only character who feels like they stuff a lot of what he wants to do is Axl, since Axl can poke him from outside the range of both Fuujin and his guardpoint counters. Besides that he can go up against most of the cast, even the higher tiers. So yeah, he's definitely about as hated as a mid-tier character can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1367278816125718537?s=19