Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah I don't begrudge that a bunch of people will get to play a good game that they haven't had a chance to yet... But as for me I'll remember the month that had Farming Simulator as a better bargain lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Kirios posted:

What the hell is a Maquette

A small Maqu.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I already own FF7R

What the heck am I paying for PS+ then, huh Sony? So mere plebs can play good games? This is bs

The Patient Gamer always wins. Never buy Playstation games when you can get them for Free later

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m still on my PS3 fam. Didn’t like the PS4 launch & lack of games/BC, and didn’t like the PS5 launch either

Just waiting for that PS6 now

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I beat Zelda 1 on NES for the first time just the other night. This is the generation of the backlog!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My nostrils have been ready for the PS9 for years

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m still on my PS3 fam. Didn’t like the PS4 launch & lack of games/BC, and didn’t like the PS5 launch either

Just waiting for that PS6 now

I could start up a PS5, platinum Astro's Playroom, and put it back in rest mode before you ever started a download from your library on a PS3

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

I could start up a PS5, platinum Astro's Playroom, and put it back in rest mode before you ever started a download from your library on a PS3

I just did a PS3 game download yesterday and can confirm this.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
Is Farpoint VR only? Is Maquette PS5 only? Is Remnant any good?

I already own a disc copy of FFVIIR so :shrug:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Remnant is pretty dope yeah

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Farpoint is VR only, yes, but you only need the base VR setup.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

yes, yes, not really.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Remnant is dope but don't play it in multiplayer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rectum: From the Asses

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BisterdDave posted:

Also, the PS+ version of FFVII is not eligible for the free PS5 upgrade.

BisterdDave posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1365258050421022722?s=19

So it looks like the PS+ version cannot be upgraded to the PS5 version at all.

It's still really cool to see one of the biggest games from last year given away for free to PS4 players. Completely unexpected, just gotta be thankful for what we are given is all.

drat Square, that's cold

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kirios posted:

What the hell is a Maquette

Really loving cool non-euclidean 4D matroshka doll universe puzzle game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceMkmsyzCoc

Its PS5 only? noooooooo

E: Looks like it is still coming on PS4 and PC, so I guess you just don't get it on PS+? That's lame if so!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 26, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
That looks cool af

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’m really excited for that one.

It is coming to PS4 as well, although I don’t know if that version will also be free on Plus.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I just wanted to live in Nier's world (weird as that is). I loved running, sliding, and gliding around the serene expanse, seeing nature's reclamation while listening to haunting music that's constantly shifting and being manipulated in various ways.

Yeah, for me it was both the soundtrack and 2B's movement just feeling so drat satisfying. I normally don't do "Race this dude" sidequests/minigames, but I did the ones in Nier Automata because the sliding/gliding just felt so drat good. I haven't played other Platinum games, so I don't know how they compare.

Speaking of, Solar Ash looks loving amazing and I'm stoked as hell to play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah I’m really excited for that one.

It is coming to PS4 as well, although I don’t know if that version will also be free on Plus.

It's not, at least not next month.

Sony you don't need to entice me with PS5 exclusive PS+ games I'd buy one if I loving could lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i enjoyed remnant a lot when i got it free on epic. i will say that even if you are a person who likes to play games blind you should stop before boss fights and look up what weapons the boss drops and how because the choice could make a very big difference to how much you're enjoying the game. if you hate melee and a boss drops a cool gun but you kill it to get he melee drop you'll be sad.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
The Turok Bundle that I was accidentally a day late creating is now live: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0913-CUSA20201_00-2841837206420732

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Folks don't sleep on these Turok ports, they're great classic FPS games and just amazing ports. I played through most of Turok 2 on Switch and it kicked rear end. Think I'm gonna double dip and get the full bundle on PC.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got Turok 1 and 2 on Steam and the ports kick rear end. Rocket Pan, y'all are doing a great job

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I got them both on switch. They’re excellent.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rabidsquid posted:

i enjoyed remnant a lot when i got it free on epic. i will say that even if you are a person who likes to play games blind you should stop before boss fights and look up what weapons the boss drops and how because the choice could make a very big difference to how much you're enjoying the game. if you hate melee and a boss drops a cool gun but you kill it to get he melee drop you'll be sad.

you only get one shot at a drop? what determines which drops?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Nightdive port of Doom 64 kicks rear end too! Got that one on Switch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Nightdive port of Doom 64 kicks rear end too! Got that one on Switch

It’s sooo good. I bought it on PS4, Switch and PC
:magical:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only bought it once but yeah Doom 64 owned.

Is Turok worth it if you have no nostalgia for the originals?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

What I didn't know that Doom 64 was Nightdive too! Got it free on PS4 with my Eternal preorder and put a few hours into it and came away really impressed, it's on my backlog of games to finish. Rocket Pan yall are doing some good work over there

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think I got past the first stage back when Turok 2 was released on N64, so I don't think I can blame my good time with it on nostalgia. It's just a really good 90s FPS, I'd say buy it if that sounds good to you. If you enjoyed Doom 64 then I think you're all clear.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The first one is great fun.
The hub-based design is really cool and it has loads of secrets. I loved it. The AI isn’t amazing so it’s not that hard.

Second one is insanely confusing even with the new QOL improvements. I gave up after a few levels I was so lost.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rinkles posted:

you only get one shot at a drop? what determines which drops?

you can start a new campaign, but there are several boss fights with two possible bosses and whichever one spawns into the world is random. also i can't speak for how anyone else plays games but i definitely didn't want to spawn a new campaign to try out the other different bosses instead of proceeding with the game.

what determines which weapon drops differs from boss to boss, which is why i said you should look it up before going into the fight. there are certain conditions you need to meet to change which of the two weapon drops you get. for the most part (my memory isnt perfect it may just be actual default) i think you get the gun by killing the boss normally and the melee by the alternate method, but at the same time you can accomplish the alternate method by accident during the fight.

being vague for spoiler purposes one boss if you shoot it in the legs enough will change its attack patterns and then drop the alternate weapon drop.

boss weapons all have unique mods on them that makes them very different than regular weapon drops, and generally speaking they're usually what you end up using for most of the game, or at least what i did, so if you get a weapon type you hate from a boss drop i feel like it can really drastically hurt your enjoyment of the game. especially the first one you get, if you hate the third boss weapon you get you've probably got options you like.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Second one is insanely confusing even with the new QOL improvements. I gave up after a few levels I was so lost.

Yeah it's definitely the weaker of the two. I had to resort to a guide in that jungle cave level that's an unnavigable maze

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rabidsquid posted:

you can start a new campaign, but there are several boss fights with two possible bosses and whichever one spawns into the world is random. also i can't speak for how anyone else plays games but i definitely didn't want to spawn a new campaign to try out the other different bosses instead of proceeding with the game.

what determines which weapon drops differs from boss to boss, which is why i said you should look it up before going into the fight. there are certain conditions you need to meet to change which of the two weapon drops you get. for the most part (my memory isnt perfect it may just be actual default) i think you get the gun by killing the boss normally and the melee by the alternate method, but at the same time you can accomplish the alternate method by accident during the fight.

being vague for spoiler purposes one boss if you shoot it in the legs enough will change its attack patterns and then drop the alternate weapon drop.

boss weapons all have unique mods on them that makes them very different than regular weapon drops, and generally speaking they're usually what you end up using for most of the game, or at least what i did, so if you get a weapon type you hate from a boss drop i feel like it can really drastically hurt your enjoyment of the game. especially the first one you get, if you hate the third boss weapon you get you've probably got options you like.

that's kinda weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bizarre obtuse mechanics are all part of the soulslike experience.

Cheers for the Turok replies I'll grab the bundle probably

E: no bundle on EU store ;_;

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 26, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Port of Adia theme is still an all-time banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaOlmKX_o8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

:gonk:
E: from what I remember the launch sale for Turok 2 switch took a day or two to kick in

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Sakurazuka posted:

Cheers for the Turok replies I'll grab the bundle probably

That'll be timezone related. Should be up at midnight.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

two pages late to reply to the replies about my Nier Automata question, but i appreciate the feedback. finally blew the dust off my PS4 since you can't play PS4 demos on the PS5 which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

since you can't play PS4 demos on the PS5 which sucks.

Whaaaaat