Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

DourCricket posted:

4 months and we're adding one class huh?

See y'all at the end of 2022!

Next year is probably a bit ambitious for the finished game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

Next year is probably a bit ambitious for the finished game.

They said when they released EA that it was about 12-18 months away from a complete release. I just checked in google, and it looks like the BG3 wiki is saying October 6th 2020 is the planned release date. I think that's fairly optimistic, but I think midway through 2022 should be reasonable. I know Larian refine their games for literal years (D:SO2 came out in 2017 and there was a semi-major content patch released in June 2020) so it'll be a long while before it's complete complete.

I was actually talking with my boyfriend about it last night, but I don't think it'll be as long of a wait for the rest of the classes to come out. I think druid was probably the hardest to implement due to wildshape, but I don't think any of the classes still yet to be added (Barbarian, Bard, Sorcerer, Monk and Paladin) have gimmicks quite as complex. So I figure the new classes will roll out a little more quickly, if they plan on adding them to EA. I'm more confused with the missing races though. I wouldn't think half-orc or dragonborn would provide too many challenges to implement.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Maybe you're right. I just think what's there now is not a full chapter of the game. If we're expecting like 8-10 more, that's going to take tons of time. Have they actually stated how many there will be?

Also, while they haven't said it, I expect 2020 basically existed as a half year for Larian due to the Covid stuff. And everything I've been interested in is always delayed anyway way over the supposed release dates.

But let's hope :)

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 18, 2021

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Funso Banjo posted:

Maybe you're right. I just think what's there now is not a full chapter of the game. If we're expecting like 8-10 more, that's going to take tons of time. Have they actually stated how many there will be?

Also, while they haven't said it, I expect 2020 basically existed as a half year for Larian due to the Covid stuff. And everything I've been interested in is always delayed anyway way over the supposed release dates.

There's supposedly going to be 3 total chapters with the first being the shortest. I wouldn't be surprised if Larian does manage to get the game out this year though, part of the announcement yesterday was that they were opening a new Asia studio and expanding to 300-400+ employees so that they could work on BG3 24/7.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I expect it’ll be a summer/fall 2022 game at this point. Which is fine, really. Just make it good and give me fun stuff to tinker with in EA in the meantime.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Anno posted:

I expect it’ll be a summer/fall 2022 game at this point. Which is fine, really. Just make it good and give me fun stuff to tinker with in EA in the meantime.

That's basically where I'm at. I trust Larian enough to know that they're not going to release a buggy unplayable mess, so I'm willing to wait until everything is completed. And they've been release content steadily enough that I'm not getting burned out playing while waiting. I'm just having fun dicking around in the game, trying out things I normally would never even touch (I almost never do evil runs because it makes me feel bad. BG3 is no exception) and watching Swen just be terrible on streams. That's enough to tide me over for now.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Bussamove posted:

Are poor half-elves finally getting the rest of their racial kit?
Are the humans going to be allowed to do alt-human feat things?
Will the rogues finally have expertise and a non needlessly complicated way to do sneak damage?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Funso Banjo posted:

Larian's going after the same structure as Divinity: Original Sin 2 from what I understand, so you're gonna get two more (less polished) chapter in the final version, that are probably being worked on together with the concent that you see in the Early Access version of the game. With COVID slowing things down, 2022 seems likely, yeah.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Late to the party here but the new Druid class looks amazing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Release the dang game I can’t avoid wanting to play much longer

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Are the graphics a bit janky for anyone else? I'm playing on a 970.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I heard the patch will include 40 new types of barrels.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Azuth0667 posted:

that's a great card but it's getting long in the tooth. what settings do you have it at?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
It's still on the OEM settings, I want to upgrade to something modern. Buttcoins seem to have ruined that.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

Yes, I have a 970 and the it really struggles running Balder Gate 3. The current early access builds probably lack a bunch of performance optimisation that will be in the final release.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

Yes, I have a 970 and the it really struggles running Balder Gate 3. The current early access builds probably lack a bunch of performance optimisation that will be in the final release.

Certainly hope so, my rig is struggling quite a bit with it. Combat actions taking ages, long loading times and just general jankiness

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

McCloud posted:

Certainly hope so, my rig is struggling quite a bit with it. Combat actions taking ages, long loading times and just general jankiness

I know very little of computers, but loading times should not be related to the quality of your graphics card (if anything, if you are running it on lower settings it should load slightly faster). Loading times are mostly dependent on your hard drive.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Patch 4 is out, I guess I was wrong about adding gnomes since it isn't mentioned

The new patch is 44 gb :shepface:

change my name fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 25, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't have the Early Access but I'm very eager to hear about how druids work.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Loading up the game after the new patch now, party of 4 druids is acceptable right?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

:byobear::byobear::byobear::tbear:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Read the patch notes, we can't talk to the duergar ambushers and bluff them with a summoned crab anymore. :smith:

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Jump still doubles as disengage and counts as a bonus action. At least they made it not give bonus movement.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We already know ahead of time they don't plan to add everything for early acess. For all we know stuff is going fine behind the scenes for the rest of the game. I can easily see it being finished for November or so. We are only just short of 3 months into the year.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Messing around in the new patch, a couple of noteworthy things for druids and in general:

Dunno how druid armor restrictions are implemented. I can still wear chain shirts, but not other medium armors I've encountered.

The special ogre loot headband that sets your INT to 18 is still in.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fritz the Horse posted:

Messing around in the new patch, a couple of noteworthy things for druids and in general:

Dunno how druid armor restrictions are implemented. I can still wear chain shirts, but not other medium armors I've encountered.

For some reason people are unwilling to talk to bears, or even cats so walking around in animal form up front is a bad idea. Create water is nicer now that it can get rid of liquids too. Gale won't even come out of a portal if you're in cat form and in the lead.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

Chain Shirt is light armor. There are two armors in 5e: Chain Shirt and Full Plate.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

AngryBooch posted:

Chain Shirt is light armor. There are two armors in 5e: Chain Shirt and Full Plate.
Lol but also drat, it's true. Also 3e.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

AngryBooch posted:

I'm assuming this is a joke referring to how you either go for maximum Dex bonus or ignore it completely?

I was going off of: https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Armor#content which lists Chain Shirt as a medium armor.

Mostly I was puzzled because I thought druids weren't supposed to be able to wear metal armors and chain shirts sure would seem to be metal to me. Unless it's made of I dunno wooden rings or something but that doesn't seem to be the case.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

I'm assuming this is a joke referring to how you either go for maximum Dex bonus or ignore it completely?

I was going off of: https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Armor#content which lists Chain Shirt as a medium armor.

Mostly I was puzzled because I thought druids weren't supposed to be able to wear metal armors and chain shirts sure would seem to be metal to me. Unless it's made of I dunno wooden rings or something but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Forgive me, I'm having a major Mandela effect moment. Could have sworn chain shirt was classified as light armor.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

AngryBooch posted:

Forgive me, I'm having a major Mandela effect moment. Could have sworn chain shirt was classified as light armor.

It was in 3E, and confusing 3E and 5E rules is extremely common

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
In theory, hide armor is probably going to be the heaviest armor druids will be able to wear unless Larian puts in like some sort of enchanted hardwood breastplate or something.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

DeathSandwich posted:

In theory, hide armor is probably going to be the heaviest armor druids will be able to wear unless Larian puts in like some sort of enchanted hardwood breastplate or something.

Druids can usually wear some sort of dragonscale stuff, even though that should be far more offensive to them than metal imo.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

DeathSandwich posted:

The druid taboo against metal armor is no longer a hard rule and now just a firm suggestion in 5e. They even get medium armor proficiency so there's truly nothing stopping you from strapping on a half-plate to beef up your AC in humanoid form.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

lightrook posted:

The druid taboo against metal armor is no longer a hard rule and now just a firm suggestion in 5e. They even get medium armor proficiency so there's truly nothing stopping you from strapping on a half-plate to beef up your AC in humanoid form.

I won't have time until this weekend to get deep into the new BG3 patch but so far my druid can wear chain shirts but not scale or half-plate

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I reinstalled the game to try it out again, and while it runs a hell of a lot smoother now, it also crashed twice in thirty minutes.

Back to waiting for the full release, I suppose.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

inthesto posted:

I reinstalled the game to try it out again, and while it runs a hell of a lot smoother now, it also crashed twice in thirty minutes.

Back to waiting for the full release, I suppose.

It went the opposite way for me, stable but I had to lower the graphics a ton.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The improved lighting is really nice, but even though the FPS counter reads a consistent 60-70, it's still kind of choppy? And I'm noticing lots of micro stuttering. Maybe it's just a Vulcan thing

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How complete is the game estimated to be right now? Debating on diving in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Zotix posted:

How complete is the game estimated to be right now? Debating on diving in.

some classes and races are missing and you can only play the first 4 character levels and the first act of the game