Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My series X randomly can't read my mafia definitive edition disc. I had downloaded it but never played it. Everything else is fine, disc isn't damaged. So weird.

Do a hard restart on your console. I had this problem with another game and it was driving me nuts. But it worked fine after I held down the power button for ten seconds or whatever and it did the full shutdown instead of the standby mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Crafty posted:

I touched the side of my Xbox today when the sun was beaming on him and it was scorching. I guess it’s just the outside that’s getting toasty, and I wouldn’t really be playing when it’s sunny because you can’t see poo poo on my TV when it’s this bright anyway. I’ll probably move it, but I’ll be sure to keep you all updated.

How old are the windows in your house?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its england so probably 600 years

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

I don't get racing games where you can't shoot or blow up your opponents.

Racing cars in real life is fun but sometimes a video game will have to do

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

Its england so probably 600 years

That’s what I was thinking. It has to some of the single pane no tint stuff that is basically a magnifying glass pointed to an ant farm.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fridge corn posted:

Racing cars in real life is fun but sometimes a video game will have to do

What real-life race cars come with missile launchers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

What real-life race cars come with missile launchers.

All of them if you have the money for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played Dirt 5 for like 3 - 4 hours last night, it's not a game I would have been happy paying $70 for, but the Series X enhanced version is really nice looking after the updates that fixed the graphic issues, and the races in the campaign are short and fun.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't get racing games where you can't shoot or blow up your opponents.

Good news then! That Nickelodeon kart racing game is free to play this weekend for gold members.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Only Nickelodeon has the courage to let me murder my fellow drivers out on the road.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mem posted:

Do a hard restart on your console. I had this problem with another game and it was driving me nuts. But it worked fine after I held down the power button for ten seconds or whatever and it did the full shutdown instead of the standby mode.

That worked, thx.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished the Dirt 5 campaign tonight. It was not bad! Glad I didn't pay for the game though, being on Game Pass was perfect.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Downloaded that Nickelodeon kart game purely to do an ez achievement for the Microsoft rewards points and lmao there is literally no voice acting in it whatsoever. I feel bad for the kids that’ll eventually get ripped off buying it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Downloaded that Nickelodeon kart game purely to do an ez achievement for the Microsoft rewards points and lmao there is literally no voice acting in it whatsoever. I feel bad for the kids that’ll eventually get ripped off buying it

This is chronic among kids games, lately. The 1st Paw Patrol game not only doesn't have any voice acting from the show so the dogs stare at you with silent, dead eyes, they didn't even license the theme song

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

they didn't even license the theme song

I think that's the devs doing parents a favor, honestly.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I just played Clustertruck, I didn't like it at all. Thanks for listening.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

This is chronic among kids games, lately. The 1st Paw Patrol game not only doesn't have any voice acting from the show so the dogs stare at you with silent, dead eyes, they didn't even license the theme song
Yeah I got that Cartoon Network mashup side scrolling beat em up thing thinking it would be good to play with the kids but the characters didn't say anything so it all felt like a weird knock off. At least it was only like £3 in some sale :/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kind of a niche problem but I installed Deep Rock Galactic on PC GamePass and played a couple hours and then installed on the XBox and my account auto moved over, which is cool. But whenever I pull up the server browser it tells me I am not allowed to join multiplayer for REASON UNKNOWN or something like that.

I can see servers and people playing so it seems like the restriction they put in before you do the tutorial. So I ran a solo mission but nothing changed. Has something like this happened to anyone else?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Akuma posted:

Yeah I got that Cartoon Network mashup side scrolling beat em up thing thinking it would be good to play with the kids but the characters didn't say anything so it all felt like a weird knock off. At least it was only like £3 in some sale :/

is that the one where you can have the main characters from Steven Universe and Adventure Time fight Hellboy and also Ben 10 and also Rayman and also a bunch of Shovel Knight characters and also Lara Croft and also a bunch of Walking Dead characters and also a bunch of people from WWE including the Rock, John Cena, and Macho Man Randy Savage?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Was gonna buy MonHun Rise but since I'm strapped for cash, I'm gonna start world on gamepass and wait for the first price drop. Was wondering if I bought the dlc could I use the grappling hook in the base missions?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yes

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Cool, thanks, should hold me over. Started earlier and some dumb fire breathing trex kept picking and losing fights to my hunting horn. But then they'd burrow before I could finish them. After the first time, I was finishing my research bounties and the thing beelined straight for me and got whooped again, then slunk off into a hole. Felt like I was getting trolled wasting my time like that.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
Anybody play the Outriders demo? I put about an hour into it before bed, and I’m feeling pretty positive about it. The world building seems interesting, and I’m one of those freaks that loves the division. Definitely going to play some more tomorrow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I thought it was just okay. Combat was fun enough once you finally got into it but all the cutscenes and storytelling were wack. It seems like one of those games that's destined to end up on Gamepass within a year.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I thought it was interesting that in a press release they emphasised 'this is not a live service game and you can complete it' - like that's more or less the verbatim quote. It me far more interested because the idea of having to start a whole Destiny sized Sisyphus box really puts me off.

How do I get the demo? In the store I could only see an option to buy the full game.
Edit: NVM, figured it out.

Jables88 fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 1, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was bad op. Try remnant from the ashes, drg, or wait for the left 40k dead game thats a gamepass exclusive later this year if u want a pve shooter

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I didn't like Outriders at first (intro takes too long) but once I got into the combat and got better gear it was fun. I maxed all the characters in the demo and will buy it in April

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
What is outriders exactly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

What is outriders exactly

Gears of war but destiny with a lot of story scenes too

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

Gears of war but destiny with a lot of story scenes too

There is no gears of war in the game. Cover is only there to sucker you into death.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jabro posted:

There is no gears of war in the game. Cover is only there to sucker you into death.

Even looking past the cover, The part where you dash through the storm is straight out of gears 4 only much uglier

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

at least playing Trickster feels more like ME's Vanguard, moving around and managing cooldowns rather than shooting. once you start working around your melee having a longer timer it plays real smooth

it also feels like a 2007 game with more polygons. not even "better graphics", just more polygons

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

Even looking past the cover, The part where you dash through the storm is straight out of gears 4 only much uglier

I’ll give you that.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ruffian Price posted:

at least playing Trickster feels more like ME's Vanguard, moving around and managing cooldowns rather than shooting. once you start working around your melee having a longer timer it plays real smooth

it also feels like a 2007 game with more polygons. not even "better graphics", just more polygons

Theyre also oddly blurry? Like the foliage and poo poo looks like vaseline is smeared on my monitor. I just built a new pc and have pretty modern stuff, everything is maxed on ultra or whatever it can go to @ 2k 144hz.

In any case the first hour of the demo presents itself as a completely different game, then suddenly it's gears meets division meets destiny but taking cover is bad. I had the fortune of choosing the trickster which is apparently the best class. Always go for movement based abilities!

If they cut a bunch of the voice acting and horseshit cutscenes they could have targeted a $40 price point and done incredibly well. It feels like a hard sell @ $60 to me but to be fair I haven't played with friends yet.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Y'all should download Wreckfest on game pass, it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmAJKyrsvA

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

Y'all should download Wreckfest on game pass, it's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmAJKyrsvA

Sold, that looks funny. Not too keen on the tyre squeak though!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Crafty posted:

Sold, that looks funny. Not too keen on the tyre squeak though!

Pretty sure that's just that car, haven't heard tire squeaks like that yet in my experience.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

It's a couch, maybe old springs.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Are XBox servers just chronically slow or am I missing something here?

I have gigabit fios into my house, I can get screaming fast downloads on pretty much any service, and other devices on my network ping the internet in the teens in terms of latency. I recently got an SX, and prior to that had an Xbone, it seems like no matter what I do my store downloads always crawl at like 30-40mb/s. Ive tried different network cables, DNS settings, etc. The speed test utility in settings reports back slow speeds as well. Usually my in game latency is fine, but the speed test says 175ms.

This has been going on for months, I have never had a fast download from the store. I really cant figure out what is going on. I do sysadmin/telecom work by trade so I have ruled out all the common problems. Really starting to piss me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I get 150-200. :shobon: