Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway I just got my first console game purchase in a year come through my door and I forgot how exciting it is to get a new game in. Eagerly ripping off the packaging, feeling the chunky plastic case in your hand, checking out the box art, reading the manual to get a sense of how the game is, marking it off as owned on your list, finding a place for it in your collection, it's such a great feeling. It's good to be back :D

Related note: I only have room for about 15 more games in my collection space :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Two realizations here. 1) I am disgusted by that NGU Idle number, it was better when these things were relegated to Kongregate so my shame wasn't so apparent. and 2) I have no idea where that Dungeon Fighter Online time comes from because I've never actually played it through Steam. I downloaded the launcher on my old laptop but there wasn't enough space to install all the files so it just kind of errored out on me a few times. I must have just left it up and running. I remember leaving Heat Signature running over night a few times too, I don't remember why but I do remember that there was some memory leak that caused the game to run like garbage after being on for several hours.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

TF2 mostly doesn't count because of idling for cards when i cared, but it'd still be barely on this list

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gently caress i overran on MHW by an hour :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the most played hours I have for any game on Steam is MK11 but I'm fortunately saved by WoW + D3 being on a separate launcher.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack,

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The only games I've ever played on steam were civ5 and day of defeat: source. I cant even remember my steam login

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive been watching jujutsu kaisen and i hope they make a fighting game of it one day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t know anything about the Valheim devs but hair colour slider is labelled “Blondness”

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, it's an accurate description. It makes you go from very blond to not blond at all.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

quote:

Tom Holland doesn't sound thrilled with his performance in the Uncharted movie
"It was a mistake and is something that I will probably never do again."

Lol video game movies

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Baller Time posted:

Lol video game movies

I read the article and in particular he's talking about his own performance rather than appearing in the movie at all but I'm surprised he was allowed to say anything like that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
edit: gone

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 27, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Got Valheim, murdered a Deer God.

Fun times.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

have they made that any less grindy since hitting steam?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It def feels like "Pick up 500 stones to craft a bow" levels of grindy atm, but it's interesting.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Luckily I have a friend who likes scouring for pebbles so he’s been on pebble duty while I do the house cleaning

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

I've never been able to read a self-help book without feeling like I'm being talked down to. Same with therapy.

Occasionally I see patients for whom therapy isn't particularly helpful because they know I don't care about them specifically, or that I don't have the time to actually get to know them, and I believe it's completely valid to feel that way

Some people I work with don't agree with me, but some do. It's a contentious thing. It seems to me that some people need someone to talk to in order to externalize and work through their issues, but that other people need someone to understand them.

Some therapists will try and tell you they can understand anyone, and relatively fast. They are stuck in the psychological habits and teachings of the early 1900s, a particularly "mechanistic" time.

They think that to understand a few problems or habits is to understand a person, and that any specifics of thought are superfluous to what they see as a strictly medical treatment.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What's that as a percentage of your total Steam library?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I read the article and in particular he's talking about his own performance rather than appearing in the movie at all but I'm surprised he was allowed to say anything like that

Yeah he's specifically speaking wrt his ability to play a stoic tough guy hero.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay I got my first actual ending in Somnium Files and I have way more questions than answers now

What the loving what even lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Keep going
:sickos:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im trying to picture tom holland in my head but all i can think of is michael cera

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tom Holland is like 10 years too young to play Nathan Drake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bovis posted:

Goddamn 13 Sentinels, that was incredible!

Rankings?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe it's the Nathan drake from the beginning of uncharted 3

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Okay I got my first actual ending in Somnium Files and I have way more questions than answers now

What the loving what even lol

Which ending?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

god, they really just put the penny arcade guy there

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
anyway here's mine. you can tell the point at which i fell out of pc gaming

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How annoying is "Tycho Brahe" in that game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Really thought Tycho had a place next to Strong Bad and Max, huh

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

Which ending?

Iris Route A, I think it said

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Hwurmp posted:

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack,

This is a very good list and we are forums friends now

(I do all my EDF and Trails on my roommates steam account, but our lists would look similar if I hadn't)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How annoying is "Tycho Brahe" in that game

IIRC he's mostly there to act as the straight man, and the other characters give him poo poo sometimes for being boring

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

drat, this is tough. Just quickly off the top of my head without much thought.

1. Natsuno
2. Miura
3. Ogata
4. Kisaragi
5. Takamiya
6. Hijiyama
7. Shinonome
8. Amiguchi
9. Sekigahara
10. Yakushiji
11. Kurabe
12. Fuyusaka
13. Gouto

I feel like this would definitely change if I thought about it a bit more though. I smashed through most of Kurabe and Fuyusaka's stories right after starting the game so maybe that's why they're low. Gouto was alright but also seemed just like a knowledge dump at the end haha.

I love all the characters though! This was way too difficult. Nat-chan is the best though and I was honestly surprised how much I really liked Miura. The story definitely slowed down a bit at the end but the ending was still really great and had some unexpected twists up to the end. The epilogue was really nice too.

I loved this game :D

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Iris Route A, I think it said

Oh wow, oof. That's a gut punch.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waffleman_ posted:

Really thought Tycho had a place next to Strong Bad and Max, huh