Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I thought Matt Hardy was supposed to be 2021 Ted DiBiase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know who MJF is, but I believe you.

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1354557619546042369?s=20

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1360991960799051779?s=20

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1363208486658531330?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know who MJF is, but I believe you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFMqFrcwRCY

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

mfcrocker posted:

The problem with the Miz in 2021 is that MJF does his gimmick better in every way

MJF kicks rear end

Hahaha goddamn

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 24, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The heat seeker is a neat finisher too imo. Don't really care for the salt of the earth though

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

https://twitter.com/jomVEVO/status/1364320688371212288?s=20

Bonk!

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1364622786115887106?s=20

Bonk also

oh one more

https://twitter.com/Tony_Deppen/status/1364411429651173383?s=20

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 24, 2021

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

that's where you're wrong, marge

i ruined two perfectly good wrestlemania main events

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1363678862627000323

lmfao

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

StarkRavingMad posted:

[hilarious tweets]

Oh my god I love him already :allears:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

use a PS5 next time

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

It's okay, he put his hand down

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Real talk. Should I keep posting my Raw Reports here or move them to the sports forum? This thread seems to be... dying.

Note: Stopping altogether is NOT an option.

Can't stop. Won't stop.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

On that note:

April 12, 1993

Show cold opens with the Beverly Brothers talking about how the Steiners kicked their asses. Hell yeah they did. Even Money Inc seems nervous. As they should be.

HYPE! It's time for Steiners vs Money Inc as the first match of the night! But it's not a tag match, just a showdown between Scott and IRS. Still hyped.

For the love of Pete, why would a ref allow that beefcase to come anywhere near the ring?

IRS is a really great all-around wrestler and heel. He can speak, he can fight, he can sell a hit on both sending and receiving. And his gimmick is way less cringey than some of this era. Like the Steiners, another great grappler that didn't really get the legacy of some of his peers. Bummer.

Are you making GBS threads me? They cut to commercial at the moment that a side fight breaks out ringside between DiBiase and Rick?! They cut back and it's over? I demand a refund!

"Snap his suspenders." Hah, Rob Barlett made me chuckle.

Choking a guy with his own tie by jumping out of the ring. That's a new one.

Steiner gets a DQ win when Million Dollar man interferes on a cover but then the Beverly Brothers crash the party right as the Dog-Faced Gremlin is about the give Ted the ol' two story bulldog. If you're not familiar with wrestling, I promise that sentence makes sense.

The Steiners fight all four of them off because they are BAD rear end. Then Money Inc turns on Beverly Hills Brothers. The alliance is dead.

Gotta say, that was quality wrasslin' right there. Yup!

One last note... When the Beverlies and Money Inc were bickering, IRS grabbed his briefcase and everyone, literally everybody, expected him to start smashing faces with it, but he didn't. I've seen quite a few "almost" moments like that. Someone is holding the tag rope like they're gonna do an illegal choke or Kamala is chasing someone through the crowd and then it's never mentioned again, or a wrestler bends down and acts like they're gonna grab something from under the ring but then don't. It's really confusing. I don't think 90s WWF was plotting singleton red herrings for one episode of Raw, so I gotta assume it's just something getting scrapped or them not having time to follow up.

Wrestlemania rerun promo: "Witness... the unimagineable!" *close-up on Luna Vachon making a weird face*

Yay! Tatanka fight! What a great episode! Ha ha ha, they're making him fight some poor bastard named Von Krus.

Ah poo poo. Doink is here. Go away.

Can I say this Von Krus guy looks like a pinhead? Asking seriously. Is that okay? I looked it up, no it's probably not okay.

I think I need a counter for Macho Man saying someone "does the thing." He never specifies which thing. He just says they do "the thing." I know he's said it a few times before, so I'm gonna start it at a low estimate of 5. Five times.

A Native American beating the tar out of a skinhead is A-okay by me.

Okay, Doink showed up to the Tatanka match but didn't really do anything. He just wandered in and then left. See? That's what I'm talking about? What's the half-baked storyline here?

If you're trying to sell a pay-per-view rerun to people who missed it, maybe don't meticulously spoil the surprise ending of three matches right before it airs. Yeesh.

Ico Pro commercial featuring the Steiner Brothers. If I had any doubts about Ico Pro being steroids, they are long gone.

Luna Vachon comes out with a real crick in her neck.

Okay, the term batshit insane gets used a lot these days...

Luna's calling out Sensational Sherri! And Sherri's here!

"I am a bandit from the wild, untamed future." Lol, that is AWESOME, Luna. And I think she believes it. Hell, I might believe it.

Sherri kicks Luna in the throat and suplexes her and it's the best thing ever. Then they start scrapping and lose some clothes and some front row 12-year-old kid in a Charlie Brown shirt gets VERY excited about it.

Papa Shango says it's his turn to beat up Scott Taylor

Okay, I admit my wrestling history is spotty in places. I grew up watching the Sunday morning shows and whatever VHS tapes I could find at Premiere Video. But I bet I'm not the only one who does NOT remember Friar Ferguson. Did they turn down any cliches in this era? This episode was going so well, too.

My face seeing Friar Ferguson

Money Inc accepts a challenge to fight the Beverly Brothers so the Beverlies run in and start pounding on them.

Episode over! I'm not gonna let dumb Friar Ferguson ruin this episode. A+! Go watch!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I enjoy them here, but who knows how long this thread will last. I don't know if the wrasslin forum would appreciate it as much as us unwashed plebs in GBS

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Eclipse12 posted:

Real talk. Should I keep posting my Raw Reports here or move them to the sports forum? This thread seems to be... dying.

Can't stop. Won't stop.

Keep doing them here please but also you can just copy paste to the sports forums, they're just going to keep arguing about the same stuff they've been arguing about for the last 10 years regardless.

BTW the guy playing I.R.S is the dad of Bray Wyatt, interesting or well-known factoid. Talented family

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Marking out to the 2000 Royal Rumble.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Keep doing it. This thread is good. Wrestling is good. I am intimidated by the Wrestling Forum because as much as I like wrassling, I don't know much about it beyond it.

Also, I unironically enjoy Ready to Rumble because that movie is stupid fun, and a lot of Wrestling fan YouTube vids poo poo on it whenever they can.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Eclipse12 posted:

Can't stop. Won't stop.

i don't really post in gbs much or the wrestling forum, but i have been reading your raw reports and enjoying them

probably a couple of years ago i watched a bunch of early raw. i was a wcw kid so i didn't watch a lot of raw until like the late 90s, so i'd never seen this era of wwe before. its, uh, very different from what it would become but charming in its own way

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Thanks guys! I'll keep em coming. You'll regret it!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this thread is cool and fun and threads in the wrestling forum seem to get overrun with people who are weirdly aggro about dumb bullshit instead of having fun watching a monk fight a clown

fun facts: von krus/skull von krush would go on to be WCW tag team chamipion Big Vito, an italian man with no eyebrows

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The AEW threads are p. chill.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

this thread is cool and fun and threads in the wrestling forum seem to get overrun with people who are weirdly aggro about dumb bullshit instead of having fun watching a monk fight a clown

This describes the general reason I do most of my posting in GBS instead of various sub forums.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
This promo is legit great, MJF has some dang charisma.

Eclipse12 posted:

FWIW I enjoy your recaps a lot, I have only dim memories of Saturday morning shows from the early 90s, and then a couple of years with my college roommates at the height of the Attitude era.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Eclipse12 posted:

I don't think I will actually :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Supreme Allah posted:

BTW the guy playing I.R.S is the dad of Bray Wyatt, interesting or well-known factoid. Talented family

Also the dad of Bo Dallas :eng101:

Royal Updog posted:

The AEW threads are p. chill.

This is a lie and you know it

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

It was a garbage build to a garbage match with a garbage outcome, but that video managed to make me care about The Miz for just a couple of minutes. WWE's truck monkeys were the best thing about the company for a while.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7V-ayjorg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX1ATcyQxU

Both of these are incredible

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Make way for the greatest of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu18oxc0D3E

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

This is a lie and you know it

the tjpw threads are chill though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol I had completely forgotten Friar Ferguson.

God drat wrestling used to be amazing.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

IQ Wrestler on youtube makes some awesome videos

Flash FUNK babybay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4nloCraZQ

Sting vs Ric Flair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6Jlq_oHWo

Gary Albright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL3Zzd3kQAo

Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michaels - Tonight, Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2KtgEo7foI

VADER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RlY5xmwe2g

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Eclipse12 posted:

Can't stop. Won't stop.

Real talk: never, ever, ever, ever, ever stop. I love these. They're from juuuuuust before I started getting into wrestling, so seeing the progression is great. :)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I legit get excited when I see a new raw report post. Keep it here and keep it going!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

Make way for the greatest of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu18oxc0D3E

Well, I fell down the promo rabbithole and ended up watching Rock v Hogan again. Terrible technical match but goddamn there was some heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHtuoOTLqys

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the tjpw threads are chill though.

The more I watch the tjpw matches on youtube, the more I enjoy them. They don't have the best wrestlers and some of the gimmicks are a little cringe, but they look like they are genuinely trying to protect their opponents and are into the story arcs. That's really what I enjoy most out of wrestling: the fake fighting, the acrobatics, and the over the top stories. Also, Maki Itoh being an awesome heel, and Miyu Yamashita trying to get her to be more of a face, lol.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Bogus Adventure posted:

The more I watch the tjpw matches on youtube, the more I enjoy them. They don't have the best wrestlers and some of the gimmicks are a little cringe, but they look like they are genuinely trying to protect their opponents and are into the story arcs. That's really what I enjoy most out of wrestling: the fake fighting, the acrobatics, and the over the top stories. Also, Maki Itoh being an awesome heel, and Miyu Yamashita trying to get her to be more of a face, lol.

its a promotion I love genuinely in large part to it just having very nice and enjoyable vibes and fun wrestling.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MakaVillian posted:

Well, I fell down the promo rabbithole and ended up watching Rock v Hogan again. Terrible technical match but goddamn there was some heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHtuoOTLqys

Aww yes Drowning Pool album tracks that's the good poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bogus Adventure posted:

Maki Itoh being an awesome heel

Maki Itoh is a ultra face and there is no way you can prove me wrong :colbert:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ItohRespectArmy posted:

its a promotion I love genuinely in large part to it just having very nice and enjoyable vibes and fun wrestling.
Yeah, same goes for Choco Pro. We haven't talked about Choco Pro in here, have we?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Raw Report April 19, 1993

The WWE app's thumbnail for the episode is Friar Ferguson. yay

Cold open promo for the new rivalry between Beverly Bruddas and Money Incorporated. Okie dokie.

Anyhoo, the first match is Razor Ramon against Virgil.

They keep suggesting that Razor is fighting dishonorably because he's using the ropes to break holds early in the match, but that's a normal thing to do, so I don't get it?

Okay, so apparently Razor is doing a whole "ropes" theme with this fight. Ropes to break holds, ropes to choke, ropes to stop an irish whip, etc.

"So [if I understand] this whole 'good thing/bad thing,' ropes are bad, right?" asks an understandably confused Rob Bartlett.

"Here's the ropes!" says an uninterested Macho Man.

"Right now, Virgil should grab the ropes himself. Go ahead and do it, Virgil, I'll forgive ya! Don't let your pride stop you!" yells a suddenly excited Macho Man.

"Ah, he got the rope!" shouts the Macho Man who states the obvious.

So, if you're keeping track in your WWF Etiquette Notes, using the ropes in a wrestling match is now a heel move. Update your cheers and jeers appropriately, please.

And, thanks to his new Ropes strategy, and with a rope-themed fight, Razor Ramon wins using, you guessed it, the Razor's Edge.

Children are trying to get autographs from Randy Savage while he's talking on camera. Read the room, kids!

BIG-rear end GONZALEZ fights World's Greasiest Man L.A. Gore who, rightfully so, doesn't even want to enter the ring.

"You're making me fight WHO? Hell no, you can stick that match right up your rear end."

"Oooooohhhhh shhhhiiiiiittttt!!!"

Even scarier than Gonzalez, here's Luna Vachon calling out Sensational Sherri. Words can't describe the sound of this woman speaking. Someone get her a lozenge.

"I TORE AT YOUR VERY SOUL!!!!" (cut to shot from last week of Luna giving Sherri a wedgie)

Tatanka is now against Art Thomas. Art. Thomas.

Art Thomas lands a blow: "Perhaps we have an upset here in the making!" Not even Art Thomas believes that, Vince.

WAAAARRR PAAAATTHHH

I'll say, don't NOBODY slap like Tatanka. It sounds like someone hitting a slab of beef with a cricket bat.

Lotta really young kids in the audience. Get to bed! You got school in the morning!

Ico Pro! Available at GNC (wait 'til there aren't any cops around, then slip the clerk $200 and he'll leave it out back in the alley when the store closes)

Beverly Brothers are fighting against Money Inc because none of their asses want to fight the Steiners again. "What if we just fight each other instead, guys?"

The Beverlies are really working the arm of Ted Dibiase. But when you've watched years and years of MMA, it's hard not to wonder why WWF armbars don't work as well as UFC armbars. Must have something to do with the shape of the ring. The extra four sides of UFC octagons amplify armbar effectiveness.

Seriously, why even put a ref into a tag team match? This guy is like 0 for 12 on noticing cheating.

A WWF venue is the only place in the world where you'll hear a crowd chant the name "Irwin."

To use a tired old analogy, the Beverly Brothers are like the Lt Worfs of tag teams. Supposedly dangerous, but constantly getting their asses kicked to show how strong their opponents are.

Vince interviews people's champion Bret "The Bretman" Bret.

Bret did NOT practice for this interview. He's out there just winging it.

Look, if someone was interviewing me after I lost a title match where someone BLINDED ME WITH SALT, I would probably start by talking about how they BLINDED ME WITH SALT, then I would segue into complaining about losing due to them BLINDING ME WITH SALT, then finish with a reminder that I only lost after they BLINDED ME WITH SALT. But no, Bret is focusing on Lex Luger instead, who, if you remember did not BLIND HIM WITH SALT.

Provided without context: "You were knocked unconconscious at that Wrestlemania Brunch."

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Phil Apollo. Three jobber fights in one night? MEH!

Okay, Bam Bam literally swatted a dropkicking man out of the air. That was kinda cool.

Another Doink cameo. And again, it goes nowhere. He just shows up and leaves.

Macho Man "Done the thing" count goes up. 6.

Body of a true athlete

Fly, fatman, fly!

Friar Ferguson shows up to give last rites to Apollo. Now they're building a rivalry between Ferguson and Bigelow. I DON'T CARE.

Not the strongest episode. Too much filler. Oh well, they can't all be winners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rarity posted:

Maki Itoh is a ultra face and there is no way you can prove me wrong :colbert:

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. I think of face like the hero we need. However, she's probably the hero we deserve...

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1362217063746473985

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1361476532720517127

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1361547288095510528