Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dpulex posted:

Even children were insulted by how awful pokemon sword is

Hello, children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dpulex posted:

yeah that's probably why it only managed to sell 20 million copies

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope the new Story of Seasons next month is fun. Couldn’t really get into Stardew for some reason

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hello, children

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Dpulex posted:

Can't be too insulted considering they're the best selling entries in the franchise after the installments on the original Game Boy despite at this point being barely more then a year old (and are getting really close to passing G/S/C.) While pushing interest in the franchise high enough to make 2020 the most profitable year ever for what is the world's most profitable intellectual property.

So, uh, yeah, I think the children are pretty cool with it.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

robot roll call posted:

yeah that's probably why it only managed to sell 20 million copies

I know it's pathetic

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

to be fair, 19 million people immediately returned their copies of pokemon sword when they saw how bad the trees looked

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How well did the DLC do? That’s be a good measure of satisfaction

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Len posted:

how many pokemon it's going to have

Unless it's just a number someone pulled from their rear end, supposedly we do know this, and New Pokemon Snap has about 200 Pokemon. I'm fine with a smaller number of Pokemon though, it will hopefully allow them to focus more on unique actions and setpieces for each and not just "Hey look here's yet another Pokemon standing around."

TheKingofSprings posted:

The difficulty of battling in Pokemon games peaked at Platinum

RBY had weird confusing 90s push block puzzles but the movesets of every opposing mon was downright embarrassing, Platinum campaign bosses could definitely wreck you

Talking about embarrassing movesets just reminded me that in a game with two fire types, Gamefreak decided to have one of the Elite Four be a fire type user in Diamond/Pearl. And since there weren't enough fire types in the game, they gave him poo poo like "Drifloon, but it uses Flamethrower."

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Wamdoodle posted:

There's this:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/assault-chainguns-km-switch/

Plays like LA Machineguns/Gunblade in case anybody remembers those. Gyro/thumbstick controls that you can adjust to your liking. Arcade Mode and Score Attack Mode. 8 Stages. Kinda pricey at $10 but it was on sale in November.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/assault-chainguns-km

I like it

If we're talking about rail shooters you can't forget Panzer Dragoon Remake! https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/panzer-dragoon-remake-switch/

Can't wait for the Zwei remake to come out, that was my favorite Panzer Dragoon game.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

lol upon further reading sword/shield is the third best selling one behind red/blue and gold/silver. massive failure

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it stinks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
People said the same thing about Earthbound!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Unless it's just a number someone pulled from their rear end, supposedly we do know this, and New Pokemon Snap has about 200 Pokemon. I'm fine with a smaller number of Pokemon though, it will hopefully allow them to focus more on unique actions and setpieces for each and not just "Hey look here's yet another Pokemon standing around."

Talking about embarrassing movesets just reminded me that in a game with two fire types, Gamefreak decided to have one of the Elite Four be a fire type user in Diamond/Pearl. And since there weren't enough fire types in the game, they gave him poo poo like "Drifloon, but it uses Flamethrower."

it ONLY has 200 out of 932?!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There are too many Pokemon imo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Snapxit strikes again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think we should have all of the Pokémon do a battle royale and the last 151 survivors get to stay

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Dpulex posted:

It’s true, all the cool kids got the superior Pokémon Shield version

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Squiddycat posted:

I think we should have all of the Pokémon do a battle royale and the last 151 survivors get to stay

I actually think this would work, just take 151 from among all of the pokemon and throw them into a game and spend the time on making the exploration, battle system, and story interesting. LOL it's gamefreak we'll get a linear hallway from beginning to end with a bad story and zero effort battles. Oh wait we had that already. FF13 wishes it was this bad.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Thread sucks, please close.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if cynthia’s garchomp doesn’t make children throw their switches across the room I will be able to definitively declare the D/P remakes bad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dpulex posted:

I actually think this would work, just take 151 from among all of the pokemon and throw them into a game and spend the time on making the exploration, battle system, and story interesting. LOL it's gamefreak we'll get a linear hallway from beginning to end with a bad story and zero effort battles. Oh wait we had that already. FF13 wishes it was this bad.

It wouldn't work at all, don't you remember dexit?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zurtilik posted:

Maya Fey for Smash

So what you are saying is you want to smash Maya Fey?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There are too many Pokemon imo

If Sword and Shield can sell 20+ million copies Nintendo gonna crank out another 1,000 Pokémon types over the next 25 years.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

So what you are saying is you want to smash Maya Fey?

Mia and Maya Fey for Smash.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The SNK Collection is good.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Darius cozmic collection 2 is out but looks like only physical

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Len posted:

It wouldn't work at all, don't you remember dexit?!

I'm pretty sure some of the side games had a more limited dex and nobody complained then. It's when the mainline games gently caress it up that people get upset.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dpulex posted:

Once again, please don’t post like this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

We have two grey joycons (one's been fixed, and the other one is starting to drift), as well as a SNES30 Pro and SF30 Pro. Just ordered a Pro+ and can't wait!

gently caress paying for joycons ever again. :toot:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

We have two grey joycons (one's been fixed, and the other one is starting to drift), as well as a SNES30 Pro and SF30 Pro. Just ordered a Pro+ and can't wait!

gently caress paying for joycons ever again. :toot:

My pro-controller's going strong thankfully, but I'm strongly considering getting the Zelda joy-cons. It'd be cool if there were a bundle with Skyward Sword to make one or the other a bit cheaper, but fat chance.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Hori split pad pro is amazing, and joy cons are the worst controller ever invented

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm not sure how much I care about Pokemon as a franchise anymore in particular, I just want more meaty gigantic Nintendo IP games. Considering how much $ both Nintendo and GameFreak make it's mega disappointing that the last effort titles were Odyssey and BotW.

They could fund projects like this without breaking a sweat but it makes no sense to dump money into big games when fans are content with the drip of $60 smaller scoped titles. I'm fairly certain we're only ever going to see those kinds of games alongside hardware launches from now on. It's an advantageous biz position for them to be in since they don't have the fidelity/scope expectations of Ubisoft or Bethesda but it's still disappointing.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 27, 2021

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I just want a gen 1 remake with the original starters and without the Go catching mechanic, seriously why did they take out random encounter battles

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Everything about let's go is strictly better than the originals. It feels like total poo poo trying to play a regular Pokemon game now

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Everything about let's go is strictly better than the originals. It feels like total poo poo trying to play a regular Pokemon game now

Lets Go was absolute dogshit and I hope they never make more.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I dont want to live in a world where you have to catch other pokemon to get exp, I need to battle

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Again is the Cadence of Hyrule DLC worth it?

Is it better to get all three or just Skull Kid which seems to add the most unique offering?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My pro-controller's going strong thankfully, but I'm strongly considering getting the Zelda joy-cons. It'd be cool if there were a bundle with Skyward Sword to make one or the other a bit cheaper, but fat chance.

just wait for a Switch Pro at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

man, it seems like whenever i'm hit with an item in mario kart i just immediately stop and it takes like three seconds to get going again. but then i see some competitors get hit and they, yea, get interrupted but are still able to either move a touch or get going super quick. am i missing something? i'm using tanooki mario and the blue falcon if those matter.