Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

In all honesty it’s very clear that

The people who are messing with Peralez probably realized that they couldn’t buy him off so they are just using the mind control stuff to make him compliant instead. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The other part that makes it more likely that Peralez is under the influence of well funded, corrupt, up-to-no-good types is that he won the mayoral race in the end implying that he's Part of the System and owned even without his own consent knowing the kind of evil he's allowing without even realizing any of it. This is Black Mirror cyberpunk horror territory which makes it one of the fan favorite quests in the game.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

All of that is why i didn’t tell him, it’s all so far above your paygrade you don’t even know who you’re pissing off

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Legendary Lite is a mod that lets you upgrade arbitrary gear to Rare/Epic/Legendary, adding mod slots in the process. Has some other convenience functions like leveling gear to your level and a few more. There are a couple other mods also doing this, but they do a lot more besides whereas this is simpler and more focused.

Still want to wear arbitrary clothes instead of being at the mercy of the game's RNG drops or being restricted to the existing Legendary gear for mod slots. But it'd also be nice to only use mods that I've found through gameplay or crafting. Which needs:
- Add more slots to any gear you have (mod above)
- Remove mods from gear you have to reuse elsewhere

Asked the mod author to add the latter function, but if they don't I'll probably do it this weekend.

The CyberEngineTweaks mod has enabled a bunch of cool gameplay mods. It allows scripting against the game's engine in Lua, which is easy and convenient. Provides a console that can also be used a simple graphical UI for mods. And, not least, has the concept of mods built in so they can be kept separate and managed. There's even a Cyber Engine Tweaks In-game Mod Manager for it.

All very encouraging. I hope CDPR do their end of things and fix / rebalance / flesh out the game to where it needs to be because there's a lot of modding potential here, to the same level of TW3.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 26, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

The people who are messing with Peralez probably realized that they couldn’t buy him off so they are just using the mind control stuff to make him compliant instead. Makes sense.

That doesn't mean they're Arasaka/Holt, though, particularly since shifting his ire towards those helps the conspiracy behind him. It's also worth noting that the platform he gets elected on if you let the conspiracy go ahead uninterrupted is actually even more ambitious and left-liberal than the one he promises in the 'Vote Peralez' campaign shard. Might be Militech using him as their mole, seeing as 6th Street (NUS veterans who hate Holt and Arasaka) are big Peralez fans. That, or it's part of the same conspiracy as the NightCorp brainwashing and Garry's techno-necromancer business.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
DayCorp! ahhAHHahh!

Fighter of the NightCorp! ahhAHHahh!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Constantly loving up in my halo 3 run because my brain won't get re-adjusted to the warthog pc mouse steering control scheme and I keep trying to use the cp77 car WASD controls. hilarious considering I had the opposite problem with CP77 initially.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

For Peralez I thought it was implied it was AIs doing the brainwashing at the end.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Parallelwoody posted:

For Peralez I thought it was implied it was AIs doing the brainwashing at the end.

It wasn't so much implied as outright said to be the case by Johnny but what he doesn't know could fill a pool?

How does that phrase go? Fill a warehouse?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Parallelwoody posted:

It's implied this may be the case, but it's never made clear. The villains don't want to be found out, and are powerful enough to scare V off.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Did a mod for the game that lets you change the rarity of armor or unequip the mods in them to use on other armor. Turned out to be straightforward, there are enough mods already to look at to get started quickly on how it works.

Removing the two Bully mods I was lucky to get on this awful helmet.

Upgrading an Uncommon to a Legendary.

Installing the Bully mods from the helmet on that newly upgraded Legendary (yeah, I know they don't stack ).

So there's a hat that was otherwise going to be discarded now made useful. I chanced across one of those Corpro Legendary parts yesterday and then looked up the location of two more pieces close to the first, but I'd be happier just running the stuff I pick up.

That Me-Thrill mod I'm hovering over is an interesting detail that took a bit to figure out. The original hat is a Rare with no slots on it, where Rares usually have 1 slot. I couldn't add slots to it either. But once I could remove mods from stuff, this Me-Thrill pops out - turns out to be what the game uses to block unused mod slots from being used by players. So once that thing has been removed, I can upgrade it to 3 slots like any other Legendary.

Need to test some more and play with it to see if it causes save corruption or your computer to burn up etc. I don't expect it to, there have been mods allowing item upgrades for a few weeks now, including the one whose code I referred to. But mod removal isn't common as far as I know, so who knows what that could do. But if anyone wants to try playing with it with those caveats, DM me - victims welcome.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 27, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It wasn't so much implied as outright said to be the case by Johnny but what he doesn't know could fill a pool?

How does that phrase go? Fill a warehouse?

At least, Johnny thinks that's the most likely option. He's not dead certain, and he's open to alternatives, but that's his first guess.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I like how Johnny is occasionally proven wrong within moments though.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

It's implied this may be the case, but it's never made clear. The villains don't want to be found out, and are powerful enough to scare V off.

I like to think it's the techno-necromancers from Alpha Centauri who are behind everything.

(Man, that crazy street preacher was one of the highlights of the game. Always gave his 'church' a huge donation. Nice Neuromancer references there, too).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blastedhellscape posted:

I like to think it's the techno-necromancers from Alpha Centauri who are behind everything.

(Man, that crazy street preacher was one of the highlights of the game. Always gave his 'church' a huge donation. Nice Neuromancer references there, too).

If you listen to the radio, It turns out Garry was onto something about the nomad werewolves as well. Biotechnica has been up to some weird poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blastedhellscape posted:

The secret ending kind of implies this

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
lmao I love that when Okada calls you up with a job that involves killing if V expresses reluctance she's all "Oh, sorry, didn't realize I was calling the loving Dali Lama."

It's a pet peeve of mine when games try to have a ~message about violence~ while 90% of the game-play involves putting holes in people in as fun a way as the game can make it, so I appreciated the joke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You know, this may be the 60mg of weed talking but, (ending spoilers/joke): I think they missed a real opportunity to have one of the ending choices to be merging with Delamain if you combined his personalities. It would be cool since he would probably be in the NightCorp net. So your options could have been to merge with an AI and go beyond the blackwall to the unknown (Alt). Go with Del to stay closer to home, so possibly a more familiar unknown (Del). Or stay in your body and accept what ever fate may bring.....wait for it....(Ctrl)! :woop::woop::siren::siren::woop::woop:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Solice Kirsk posted:

You know, this may be the 60mg of weed talking but, (ending spoilers/joke): I think they missed a real opportunity to have one of the ending choices to be merging with Delamain if you combined his personalities. It would be cool since he would probably be in the NightCorp net. So your options could have been to merge with an AI and go beyond the blackwall to the unknown (Alt). Go with Del to stay closer to home, so possibly a more familiar unknown (Del). Or stay in your body and accept what ever fate may bring.....wait for it....(Ctrl)! :woop::woop::siren::siren::woop::woop:

:thunk:

otoh this made me look up ctrl alt del and now apparently its mass effect fanfiction :wtc:

e: :wtc: :wtc: he's still pulling in six figures on kickstarter in 2021 jesus christ

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 27, 2021

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The problem I have with this is that the game doesn't establish what the Peralezes were like before Mr. Blue Eyes & Co. start manipulating them. Elizabeth gives us some insight into what her husband has forgotten or had changed inside him, but it's all personal things like music taste or childhood memories. His 'never take favours, pure independence' strategy for the campaign is in full swing by the time V gets involved and doesn't change throughout their quests, even as both become increasingly aware that some outside presence is working its way inside their heads. It's possible that they're being prepped for compliance and that all the other stuff is the conspiracy testing out their control, but I think it's a little more likely - or more interesting, honestly - that their current beliefs are a product of the conspiracy's control rather than the target of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In the context of a more complete game I think the Perelez story would have seemed really eerie and foreboding but with CP2077 as it stands you kinda half wonder what parts are just unfinished.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Just spitballing here but a neat alternate ending to that mission could have been if you try to interact with Mr. Blue Eyes have him knock you out with his cyberware. Then you wake up in an alley or trash heap as a tie to the end of act 1, give you a mission failed message then play the "you don't know who you're loving with" call.

As it is right now you can easily jump over to him but he doesn't react to anything.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

exquisite tea posted:

In the context of a more complete game I think the Perelez story would have seemed really eerie and foreboding but with CP2077 as it stands you kinda half wonder what parts are just unfinished.

Like others I assumed it was teasing a DLC (which now that I say it is a weird thing to assume because do games actually ever do that? I can't think of one off the top of my head) but now, yeah, I think it's probably more likely that they cut it short for time. The ending is extremely abrupt, unsatisfying, and like so many other things wrapped up with a phone call in the end credits.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The end of the quest is the end of the quest. You're an unwitting pawn of some big sinister plan; is it worse for you to be ignorant of this or to know it and know there's nothing you can do about it? Should you just give up, or should you rage against the dying of the light? It may be a poor fit for a game where a lot of quests will end with you defeating your enemy in a big combat encounter but it's an appropriate ending for a cyberpunk story involving the political system

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Like others I assumed it was teasing a DLC (which now that I say it is a weird thing to assume because do games actually ever do that? I can't think of one off the top of my head) but now, yeah, I think it's probably more likely that they cut it short for time. The ending is extremely abrupt, unsatisfying, and like so many other things wrapped up with a phone call in the end credits.

Gaunter O'Dimm was in the original cut of Witcher 3 before Hearts of Stone was released. Mr. Blue-Eyes has kinda the same feeling going for him.

edit:
Also, turning off all the HUD options is awesome.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 27, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What does downing enemies with the Projectile Launch System get you experience for?

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gaunter O'Dimm was in the original cut of Witcher 3 before Hearts of Stone was released. Mr. Blue-Eyes has kinda the same feeling going for him.

edit:
Also, turning off all the HUD options is awesome.

New Vegas also had Sierra Madre posters in some of the towns if I'm remembering correctly.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

divx posted:

New Vegas also had Sierra Madre posters in some of the towns if I'm remembering correctly.

Ulysses and Burned Man graffiti scattered around, too.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
All of the New Vegas DLC was hinted at in the main game. On top of the SM posters there was some graffiti that read "left my heart in the Big Empty", "The Burned Man walks" and then of course Canyon Wreckage with it's "Go Home, Courier 6"

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Uploaded that armor mod to Nexus: Wear What You Want. Lets you move mods around and add slots to armors. The mods in the eyeglasses in the first pic are Bully, Fortuna, and that +x% to experienced enemies mod, all of which are from other armors.

Useful in a non-crafting playthrough to be able to reuse mods you find. I actually stop by armor vendors now that I can mod them as needed. Being able to reuse mods is what makes it work, so you can move stuff around as you get new armor.

The scaling mod in the OP is my favorite so far. It's brought all the NCPD missions back up to my level without adding health to enemies and it's fun to run them on very hard. Highly recommended if you want more combat later in the game. Have asked the author for a version that brings enemies up to +5 or whatever Hard missions are at.

Tyger Claws can deflect smart weapons against all Smart Links, by the way, not just the freebie tattoo from Yukiko. Pretty cool detail.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Finished a fresh playthrough doing the Arasaka corpo loyalist path, even behaved nicely during the ending re: conversation options etc.

Was a mistake during chracter creation picking the obviously fake cybereyes though, they reflected the ceiling lights during the final cutscene and ruined the moment :v:

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
Yikes. I didn't realize how annoying the cookout with River is if you're trying to play V as a lesbian or aesexual. I mean, having no choice but to reject him outright is annoying but...eh...it's realistic. But there's an innocuous dialogue option where V suddenly has no choice but to start talking about ex-boyfriends. Judy basically walks around with a giant Wile-E-Coyote sign that says "I'm a Lesbian!" Why can't I?

The alternate dialogue option where V gives examples of dumb pickup lines and her violent responses is fun, though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Blastedhellscape posted:

Yikes. I didn't realize how annoying the cookout with River is if you're trying to play V as a lesbian or aesexual. I mean, having no choice but to reject him outright is annoying but...eh...it's realistic. But there's an innocuous dialogue option where V suddenly has no choice but to start talking about ex-boyfriends. Judy basically walks around with a giant Wile-E-Coyote sign that says "I'm a Lesbian!" Why can't I?

The alternate dialogue option where V gives examples of dumb pickup lines and her violent responses is fun, though.

Yeah, that was strange. I just wanted to be buds, but he made me shoot him down. There should have been a third "You're...uhhh...not my type" option.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

OK, I do love this game after all - but after adding a mod or 3 to help things along. The scaling mod combined with Very Hard has been a blast to play as I run NCPD missions. The Badlands have been the most fun to clear, as well as having some of the better environmental / observational story telling in the NCPD missions.

I've "cheated" to get to fun - took Fenrir out of the stash and used a mod to make it Legendary / level it to my level. Coupled with a Legendary D5 Sidewinder and a mod to make enemies lethal, the gunplay has been a blast. That Fenrir and a bunch of other iconics are out of your reach unless you invest heavily in Crafting is just another dumb decision.

This game has more modding potential than the Witcher 3 when it comes to open-world combat. The large number of side missions which are all bite sized battles where you can try out different builds and strategies to your heart's content is perfect for folks to do their overhaul mods with. Hopefully a few good mods will come out that rebalance the game in different ways like TW3 had - and which add a lot more viable builds and build variety than the game has right now, again just like TW3.

Back to fun in the year 2077: that Crafting tree is a crime, all of that poo poo should have been unlocked and freely available. It's a stupid barrier to fun by throttling fashion and locking out iconic/higher rarity weapons.

In a setting that's about style as much as anything else, shouldn't need a mod to bypass crafting just so I can commit crimes of fashion like this:

The setting is supposed to encourage looking over the top and the game has some fantastic gear in it along with 6 clothing slots. What were they thinking locking a lot of the potential behind 16-20 levels of a perk tree that many won't use?

All of this is on PC, they hosed it up on console and mods will not help there at all of course.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 28, 2021

FreelanceSocialist
Nov 19, 2002

DancingShade posted:

Finished a fresh playthrough doing the Arasaka corpo loyalist path, even behaved nicely during the ending re: conversation options etc.

How did you like that path overall? I went mostly street kid throughout my first playthrough and I think corpo might be next.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
If I’m going to play on PC, probably play it through once and then never touch it again, is the PC version in good enough shape right now for it to be a good time? Or should I wait a few more months?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'd wait for the next patch (maybe about a month from now) in case they make any gameplay changes

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Doom Rooster posted:

If I’m going to play on PC, probably play it through once and then never touch it again, is the PC version in good enough shape right now for it to be a good time? Or should I wait a few more months?

It's in a good enough shape, but if you've waited this long why not wait for the DLC's or something?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Blastedhellscape posted:

Judy basically walks around with a giant Wile-E-Coyote sign that says "I'm a Lesbian!" Why can't I?

Her sign wasn't obvious to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

2house2fly posted:

I'd wait for the next patch (maybe about a month from now) in case they make any gameplay changes

Have they talked about any? anything you think needs changing that’s likely?

itry posted:

It's in a good enough shape, but if you've waited this long why not wait for the DLC's or something?

50+ hours is already pushing the upper limits of how long I generally stay interested in games these days, so I’m unlikely to get through the base game and then still want to get in on the DLC.

LOVED Horizon Zero Dawn, zero interest in going back for DLC. Same thing with Ghost of Tsushima.

CP2077 is at the top of my list for games I’m interested in. If there are expected gameplay changes/fixes coming up, I’ll wait. Otherwise gonna get in on the action. My waiting has already cost me experiencing the proper amount of dildos, who knows what else they could take away?!?