Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
simcopter but the himbo edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

himcopter, where every day is friday the 13th

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I am playing divinity original sin 2 and this game owns.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it's very good

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

is it 1 or 2 where putting loads of points into telekinesis is completely game breaking because you can just move poo poo around and steal absolutely everything?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

is it 1 or 2 where putting loads of points into telekinesis is completely game breaking because you can just move poo poo around and steal absolutely everything?

I've never played 1 but I picked up the gloves of teleportation early on and it owns being able to teleport the squishiest target right in front of you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

i’m continuing to play more and more rear end creed england.

i’m enjoying it more. wish the rpg element was deeper but oh well

i can see why people complain about pay to win, but tbh if you took the store away you wouldn’t be missing anything you’d just think the upgrade path is slow. i’m like 17 hours in and mostly wearing the same gear albeit upgraded that i got in the first couple hours. not that i mind, in some ways it seems better than a new weapon every hour.

with runes it reminds me of ff7 and so there’s less incentive to change coat or whatever anyway coz i just upgrade it so it has more rune slots.

the graphics, especially the lighting and effects are incredible

in greece the distance pop up was “avoided” thru the plants “growing” rather than popping in , but it did look odd

in this game the sky is always half cloudy so the landscape gets shadowed on and off by the clouds and it almost seems like the use the edge of the moving shadows to pop in plants and stuff. that’s probably wrong but regardless the sky effects are too notch

i'm at like 80 hours in an barely switched weapons at all. it's less finding the best weapons and more finding weapons you like an upgrading them

also i'm at 80 hours in and still haven't opened up the entire map. it's too loving long, and i don't think paying extra money would really help there, since just following the story and doing side poo poo as it comes is keeping me leveled beyond where i actually am in the game

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've never played 1 but I picked up the gloves of teleportation early on and it owns being able to teleport the squishiest target right in front of you.

I've definitely played both and I remember literally nothing about them except that the voice acting in 1 was dreadful and teleporting/telekinesis was a brilliant mechanic that you could abuse constantly

also there was a cool skeleton guy you could have in your party I think?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

teleporting enemies and/or co-op pals onto explosive/poison bits made me grin every time

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

no one lives forever

and evil never diiii-iiiies

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

sorry you couldn't manage "pull trigger, pull other trigger"

*fails at playing a literal game, meant for literal children* "THIS CONTROLLER IS BAD!!!!??"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

the batman games have the best stealth mechanics and, in a strange combination, also the best fighting mechanics.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1365784675612987394

:hai:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

no one lives forever

this, yeah.

also tron 2.0 with ultra wide screen support

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
controller aiming fuckin sucks thats why they have to include auto aim

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have no probs

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Cat Face Joe posted:

was there a beta or something

there's a demo out that's the first few missions. it does not seem like a finished game.

it's ostensibly a cover shooter but it's designed for you to mostly ignore cover. this has not helped.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
vanquish is a good cover shooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAflXfqO7Q

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

hell yeah vanquish owns. way better than the other cover shooter/bullet time shooter max Payne 3

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

battlefield 6 needs to be set in the future, i think battlefield 2/3/4 milked the "battlefield modern warfare" thing to its maximum useful extent

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
vanquish rules

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
battlefield 6: 2142 2

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

battlefield 6: 2142 2
yea this

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

except good.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

battlefield 6 needs to be set in the future, i think battlefield 2/3/4 milked the "battlefield modern warfare" thing to its maximum useful extent

I'm excited to see how they mess it up, they released the pacific expansion to BF5 almost 2 years after launch and the eastern front still wasn't added. Lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I'm the maniac who enjoyed the bf3 close quarters maps , wish that game still had a population

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DICE stopped development in 2020 and no eastern front stuff was ever implemented. Amazing, how do you have a game set in WW2 with no red army battles? :psyboom:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

give us bf: Vietnam 2 with the same soundtrack and radios on all vehicles plz

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my
exposure to vietnam is thru forests gump so i presume that means fortunate son

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jenny Agutter posted:

give us bf: Vietnam 2 with the same soundtrack and radios on all vehicles plz

:hai:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

my
exposure to vietnam is thru forests gump so i presume that means fortunate son

Yeah the loading screens in the game owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_k_w1iJVUE

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im starting to wonder if steam actaually constantly updates or if they just do it to force windows to show me their bullshit and throw up an ad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol here’s some intro music and a blast from the past

https://youtu.be/olAlAs4vrTM

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8LRlS1SCc

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I basically never played battlefield Vietnam but I did sit in the menu and listen to white rabbit a lot

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

im starting to wonder if steam actaually constantly updates or if they just do it to force windows to show me their bullshit and throw up an ad

if you're in the beta branch it is actually constantly updating, the stable branch only updates about once per month

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
The biggest misstep of cyberpunk 2077 is that it wasn't made by the eidos montreal team. That and no flying cars, did these guys even watch blade runner?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

TimWinter posted:

The biggest misstep of cyberpunk 2077 is that it wasn't made by the eidos montreal team. That and no flying cars, did these guys even watch blade runner?

and they even have you ride one in the corpo intro, and have trauma team show up in one in the intro mission

what a mess that game is

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

"Us Cracks" is a pretty good all girl band name though you've gotta give them that.

Also popping heads with the tech weapons through walls never gets old

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/RazzleDazzleRtB/status/1365889606152052737

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

DICE stopped development in 2020 and no eastern front stuff was ever implemented. Amazing, how do you have a game set in WW2 with no red army battles? :psyboom:

EA wanted to make something for the cod crowd so they removed alot of the team play and made the gunplay worse. When people said "hey this sucks its not battlefield" ea's response was "yeah we dont want to make BF anymore, we want our own cod". even if a plyer wanted a hybrid cod/bf game, quality wise BF5 is basically a fan made mod for bf1 so its still not good even for what they intended it to be.

so of course nobody bought it cause it wasnt BF enough for BF fans and cod fans are just gonna play cod.