Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Tonight 10am JST/8 pm EST/ 1 Am GMT LIVE on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTbzIS1zSM

It's another big ChocoPro show as the promotion's resident hoss Yuna Mizumori (Yunamon) celebrates her 3rd Anniversary as a wrestler by being knocked the gently caress out by the legend AJA KONG.

Notably this is the first time Aja Kong has appeared in ANY Emi Sakura booked promotion.

Yunamon was clearly saving herself for today in yesterday's opening match, so get ready for a war!

With new eyes on the product, thanks to the AEW women's eliminator tournament, the wrestlers at ChocoPro have been going all out for their big matches.

Yesterday's physically and emotionally gruelling main event being a prime example, winning MOTYC on this forum as quickly as any ChocoPro match has.

(Western Joshi fandom can overhype a meme wrestling match, and ChocoPro is a prime example of what most would consider a meme promotion, but watch it and see the big match Choco style that starts with low comedy and ends with high drama)

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RHBiwr7FmQ&t=2203s

Match Card from ChocoPro super fan Dogglesnake on Reddit:

quote:

Keep Moving Forward, Koishikawa!

“Frantic Fencer” Chie Koishikawa VS “Blue Flame” Sayaka Obihiro

EGG TART was defeated! Chie, the Haunting Hero of Ichigaya, will need to get back on her feet after losing her very first title match. Luckily, she proved herself more than worthy (and even quite close behind her seniors!) and her quest too is not yet over. This time, she battles her own hero & mentor, Obi! The Blue Flame might not have grabbed MVP last season like she wanted, but with her blazing manuevers and technical mastery she might just make you a believer for this one! Expect a real spectacle here, these two usually have great chemistry...and Chie is on the rise!

The Wind & the Dancer: Striking Battle!

Baliyan Akki “The Wind of Change” VS “Super Rookie” Otoki

Akki, the Ace of ChocoPro, has once again proven himself to be able to surpass any Mountain that he comes across. The Wind shapes even Stone! With EGG TART behind him now, his journey continues with another bout against the Super Rookie! It has been a long time since they last clashed, and it should be another spicy affair. Otoki is arguably the physically strongest of the Fourth Generation, a former kickboxer...with a penchant for judo throws! This pairing is always a sensational sight! Otoki matches are intense...don't get her angry, Akki! COMANECI!

Tropical Danger!!! Reward for Yunamon: Aja Kong arrives!

Mei Suruga & Yunamon VS Emi Sakura & Aja Kong

Three years of Yunamon! The Tropical Idol has graced us with her powerhouse aura, her great songs, her creativity for three years! MVP of the first season, Yuna Mizumori has been an integral part of the story of ChocoPro, Gatoh Move, and now even moves into AWG! A naturally charismatic, naturally talented, total joy to watch. Now, we celebrate her passing one of the big milestones of her wrestling career. She will be joined by her rival, Mei Suruga (The Genius of ChocoPro and recent AEW Eliminator challenger) in order to take on a new threat to the Chocolate Square. Can these two combine their super striking and submission power? Will all their techniques, all their pinning prowess...can they hope to even damage this team..? Lets go Tropical!

Emi Sakura is the Master of ChocoPro, the founder of Gatoh Move, Ice Ribbon, and countless other accolades. Her influence has helped shaped the Joshi scene, her impact on wrestling is huge. This Queen loving Queen can dish out power, speed, and technical skill like no other! Having returned now from the Eliminator, she has managed to convince one of the other challengers to appear in the Chocolate Square for Yunamon's special day. What a gift! Aja Kong is an absolute legend, the term not being used lightly. The founder of Arsion, having been originally trained in AJW, famous for her wars with other legends of the past (including in the WWF!), her timeless (and brutal) style, her commanding presence and ability to dominate even all these years later! Aja Kong has never appeared in Ichigaya before this episode, it will be her first time in the ChocoPro Arena. What destruction will she be able to cause? What havoc awaits for Mei & Yunamon?

Also, for a better take on the events check out this legendary preview by Last Word on Pro Wrestling!

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
as someone who hasn't been able to keep up with all the Gatoh Move/ChocoPro streams outside of stuff I randomly see on Twitter while it's on, I appreciate bigger shows getting their own GDTs, and also that they're having shows at the bafflingly early time of 10am JST so I can watch it at 8pm over here

I can't even pull myself out of bed and walk three feet to my desk to WFH by 10am consistently, how the gently caress does anyone wrestle that early? maybe they sleep in the dojo

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I still need to finish yesterday’s show and I will probably be in the YouTube chat for tonight, but I love that there are now enough posts per show to justify a gdt. Super psyched for Aja Kong. We gotta figure out what her emoji is so I can spam it in chat

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is Aja Kong going to uraken someone when she doesn't win the Janken tournament?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

:siren:

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1365812337148530688

:siren:

Chie will die trying.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Aja Kong vs Chie is the dream match I never knew I wanted.

Edit: only an hour to go!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

J-Ro posted:

Chie will die trying.

MVChie

:catstare:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Obi having to battle Hagane last minute has to be nerve wrecking. I'm also nervous excited about Aja and Chie in the ring together.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

If there ever was a show with the highest probability of the front glass being shattered, this is it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg MVChie in a ring with Aja tonight?!?!?!?!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

omg MVChie on a mat with Aja tonight?!?!?!?!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
can't believe how much it feels like a regular ring to me now, lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Tropical Wristbands! For Yunamon's 3rd Anniversary.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy gently caress, they show up at 6 am for ChocoPro.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
MUSCLE FRACTURE?!?!?!?!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

karmicknight posted:

holy gently caress, they show up at 6 am for ChocoPro.

again: what the gently caress

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
ChocoPro has such ren faire energy knowing they have a six am call time.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Watching this show and also hoping that you all can help me try to explain this to non-Choco watchers

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

they must be exhausted and just crash after the show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

every time i see choco pro i am more confused by what the gently caress is going on with the wall in the background

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i can't believe how much energy Chie has after yesterday

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

every time i see choco pro i am more confused by what the gently caress is going on with the wall in the background

the stuff above the walls are sponsors and the banner also has sponsors on it, along with the federation name.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

i can't believe how much energy Chie has after yesterday

I'm very certain Chie cannot stop moving or she will explode.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

w2c that "table" shirt

TV Zombie posted:

the stuff above the walls are sponsors and the banner also has sponsors on it, along with the federation name.

this is the least confusing aspect of the whole situation!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

abraham linksys posted:

this is the least confusing aspect of the whole situation!

they wrestle in the lobby of a dentist's office. those windows lead outside to an alley

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

they wrestle in the lobby of a dentist's office. those windows lead outside to an alley

the sketchy alley loving rules so hard and I hope we see another random suit wearer.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

what i like about akki on this is he talks like a normal loving human instead of doing big promo voice to a crowd of 0

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

RIChie

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i feel like chocopro is going to end up generating a whole bunch of mat wrestlers who put zsj or daniel bryan to shame just by virtue of, yknow, only having a mat

even split between that and people who wind up in wwe or whatever and get briefly confused in a match when they can't find a window to jump through

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ChocoPro grads will find it more difficult to escape submissions in a larger ring environment

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg that flop

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Emi? You okay?

e: if this leads to Aja Pencil...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Forever fascinated by how Chocopro is the loudest thing on the internet.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Pulling up the mat counts as an escape?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

yes it does.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
RIP Obi, thrown to the sketchy alley.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

Pulling up the mat counts as an escape?

Akki went over this on #91, touching the edge of the mat counts as an escape for submissions, but not pins.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Senerio posted:

Akki went over this on #91, touching the edge of the mat counts as an escape for submissions, but not pins.

was wondering about the latter after the last match's finish, lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Ah yes, you are correct.

abraham linksys posted:

was wondering about the latter after the last match's finish, lol

With pins so long as the shoulders are on the mat it counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Just absolute limb abuse. God drat.