Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
do a Cells at Work taking place inside that guy's balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

do a Cells at Work taking place inside that guy's balls
We already had an episode or two about erectile dysfunction. I doubt we'll be seeing a healthy comparison.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is so loving cute. :kimchi:

Willo567 posted:

When Revenge starts, should we continue using the old Zombie Land Saga thread, or make a new one for Revenge?
Feel free to make a new one.

I know pokémon talk was a few pages ago, but I do have a question: Between the DS/3DS and Switch, how many of the generations of Pokémon games can be played? I've been watching the Pokémon Anime that's available on youtube and I found it hella charming.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
3ds has x/y, su/mo and the gen 3 remakes, switch has the second gen 1 remakes, sword/shield and the upcoming gen 4 remakes. 3ds virtual console also lets you play gen 1 and 2 i assume

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, gen 3 is the only one missing

but if you are including older DS versions you could still use the gen 3 gba carts

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh yeah i forgot abotu backwards compatibility. with ds you've already got gen 4, you can play the gen 2 remakes and you've got both black/white and black 2/white 2

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Great! :dance:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Plutonis posted:

I found out today that the guy who wrote the Christmas Cake Witch is the same madlad who did My Balls, Yuria 100 Shiki and... Cells at Work Black?!
jikkyou!! izumi-kun (which disappointed most) and megami no sprinter (nws) as well

this has been a real "a-ha!" moment for me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its called my balls but you mostly see breasts wtf

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished river city girls.

A+ art, music and writing, C for gameplay.

dogsicle posted:

yeah, gen 3 is the only one missing

but if you are including older DS versions you could still use the gen 3 gba carts

Can't imagine there's much of a reason to play the originals unless you were curious or nostalgic, though, omega ruby and alpha sapphire are really good remakes.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish danganronpa 2 was shorter

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
whats the secret to necromancy

just curious

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Willo567 posted:

just curious

its all about the bones

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Willo567 posted:

magic actually existing

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

Can't imagine there's much of a reason to play the originals unless you were curious or nostalgic, though, omega ruby and alpha sapphire are really good remakes.
Mostly just want to see what's up with Pokémon in general. It seemed to be like it'd totally been my poo poo when I was 14 and Pokémon stuff started getting big/arriving to Mexico, but then that summer I moved towns and... just never got into it. 3 years later I started playing videogames again and I started playing japanese games and Shin Megami Tensei popped up and that sealed the deal.

Willo567 posted:

just curious
Well, you know how it's in movies and novels?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Acerbatus posted:

Now go watch the AGDQ run of it from last month. It's amazing.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Wark Say posted:

All I know is that in the movies, it's usually viruses and poo poo like that.

Except that Dawn of the Dead remake, where they imply it's the wrath of god

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Willo567 posted:

just curious

Sankarea is a scholarly tome on this subject

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 28, 2021

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
also look into the teachings of Anita Blake

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"It's been two years, why hasn't a Hero risen up to challenge I, the Demon King and attempt your rescue, Princess? Is your kingdom filled with nought but cowards?"

"If you'd asked me that when you first kidnapped me I would've told you; I'm seventh in line for the throne, they're not going to offer that kind of reward for me, you idiot."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I should probably watch Canaan now that I've read 428.

But also I never finished the Canaan scenario.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I legit enjoyed Canaan a lot as a standalone.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
canaan owns cause it's nothing like 428 or the canaan scenario and yet it's still exactly what i wanted out of a weird semi-sequel exploring canaan's relationship with maria

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

its all about the bones

so i need a boner, got it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it is really funny how 90% of the 428 stuff is "minoru stumbles around comically while maria narrowly avoids dying in dangerous gunfights while making out with canaan" and the other 10% is "one character from 428 appears for 10 seconds and is like 'drat this is very hosed up. i hope you dont die minorikawa' and then leaves the show forever"

and then also just a few bits where alphard is like "wow maria you don't remember the events of acclaimed visual novel 428, of which you were featured in? wow you are very stupid. i can't believe canaan is dating a girl as stupid as you. canaan's girlfriend is very, very dumb."

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 28, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wark Say posted:

Mostly just want to see what's up with Pokémon in general. It seemed to be like it'd totally been my poo poo when I was 14 and Pokémon stuff started getting big/arriving to Mexico, but then that summer I moved towns and... just never got into it. 3 years later I started playing videogames again and I started playing japanese games and Shin Megami Tensei popped up and that sealed the deal.

Personally I'd definitely recommend Omega Ruby over the original if you can get it.

While I'm not a HUGE pokemon fan (like collecting all XYZ pokemon, or doing all the postgame stuff or getting a competitive team), I like it and I've played most of the games. I missed out on Ruby/Sapphire the first time around and got Omega Ruby.

With the caveat that it's still a pokemon game, it did have one of the three plots that caught my interest at all (the others being Black/White and Sun/Moon) with somewhat interesting characters.

AlternateNu posted:

Now go watch the AGDQ run of it from last month. It's amazing.

I'll check that out. While not all of my gameplay complaints can be fixed with GIT GUD, I think I'd find it more fun if I had a better idea of doing blocks and stuff.

I don't like how you have to drop a weapon to stomp someone, since basically every weapon knocks people over. I also didn't like how fast enemies could attack out of standing up; Together it made knocking enemies over feel pretty bad.

The Colonel posted:

canaan owns cause it's nothing like 428 or the canaan scenario and yet it's still exactly what i wanted out of a weird semi-sequel exploring canaan's relationship with maria

Wait, like 428: Shibuya Scramble?

It's so set in my mind as live action an anime spinoff automatically feels weird. :v:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 28, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I will never finish my backlog!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

About half a year ago I made a video about Diaclone and posted it in that iteration of the chat thread.

I made a second one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZyUpWBDQw0

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Acerbatus posted:

Personally I'd definitely recommend Omega Ruby over the original if you can get it.

I agree with over the original ruby/sapphire. But it might be worth considering replaying emerald at least once if you never gave it a chance.

Emerald's story combined both the team magma and aqua plotlines, and it added a ton of new features, especially postgame with the battle frontier, many of which were removed from the ORAS games.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whilst I understand that MHA is now Studio Bones' cash cow, I wish they still made stuff that looked similar to Eureka Seven/Xamd.
Xam'd was the first show I watched soon after airing and it gave me a vivid ghibli feel.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you want more kenichi yoshida character designs you can just watch king gainer and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXWkyRwirlk

there's a new show with designs from him airing next year actually. it's even being directed by mitsuo iso

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Xamd and Gainer even have some staff crossover. the Xamd director worked at Ghibli as well

i don't think you get that same vibe for a show again though, since it was basically just having that era of Bones all together (surely can't be the case anymore) and also trying to capitalize on E7 popularity.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
really i just think more people should watch gainer/greco in general cause the only one of tomino's goofier and more out there later work people ever talk about is turn-a, and i think gainer and greco are around the same level of quality with maybe more consistently good action

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sad that studio bones has been shackled to their desks and make nothing but mha ever since season 1...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shaman King reboot fortunately avoiding a shitstorm with this redesign

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

really i just think more people should watch gainer/greco in general cause the only one of tomino's goofier and more out there later work people ever talk about is turn-a, and i think gainer and greco are around the same level of quality with maybe more consistently good action
OKG and (El) Greco are great and I heartily second this opinion because holy bastard, OKG was so much fun. Like a fun school Winter/Spring break where you finish your homework on the first two days and you're just going wild all across town.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

realizing just how wonky a choice the yagakimi anime ending before the play was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Greco sucks. Never made it thru more than half an ep of Gainer.