Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sjs00 posted:

breaking bones sucks so bad

Yeah, not my favorite. I think the worst for me was the skull fractures, although the time I had broken ribs really sucked, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

That does make me feel better, thanks.

Top 10 gbs betrayals

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Oh I have a pock mark scar by my right eye from a RC car antenna that somehow impaled me after I fell on it or bent over to look at or something. I don't remember getting that one but my mother loves the story.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bonked my noggin on the rocking part of a rocking chair when I was three and had to get stitches. To this day, there’s a tiny patch on the back of my head where hair doesn’t grow.

But I turned out fine *goes into trance, drools on shirt for five minutes, shits self*

*comes out of trance* But I’m glad your kid’s ok, LAP :unsmith:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have never broken a bone aside from the tie-shaped bit of my ribcage but that was from cpr when i was less than a minute old so i doubt that counts

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pretty much my earliest memory is the family dog snapping its head around to try to remove my face. My next memory is looking in the mirror at a face full of stitches.

Strangely enough it didn't leave me with a fear of dogs or anything.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

hbag posted:

i have never broken a bone aside from the tie-shaped bit of my ribcage but that was from cpr when i was less than a minute old so i doubt that counts

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

perhaps my temporary lack of breathing post-birth could account for my uh
funny brain

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

if it makes you feel better i have a huge crack down the middle of my ribcage from where i had to be given cpr immediately after birth

So, like, what... your bones never healed up right over the last whatever years? I need to know

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I have a scar on my forehead from somehow tripping and falling right onto a hallway corner at age 6. Right under dad’s nose, too. I remember screaming and blood pooling out, then a memory blank to the hospital. Apparently stood up with blood gushing everywhere, said “daddy, I don’t feel so good”, and passed out. Got 4 stitches and a forehead scar that now serves as a great marker to track hair loss with age.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
One of my earliest memories is being told to stop fingerling the gaping wound on my forehead as I toddler'd my way around a community College daycare without matching socks. I remember asking my mom why I have a crack on my head and her laughing at me

Edit: I mean it happened BEFORE I was at the daycare. Obviously whatever happened had the memory leak out of my brain

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

deadeyez posted:

So, like, what... your bones never healed up right over the last whatever years? I need to know

i mean when youre given cpr your ribcage literally snaps in half you do know that right
and since it was immediately after i was born i guess yeah it just didnt heal perfectly
its nothing major though, cant even tell its there unless youre purposely feeling for it, not visible or anything

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

hbag posted:

perhaps my temporary lack of breathing post-birth could account for my uh
funny brain

Its why you are a good poster

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

i mean when youre given cpr your ribcage literally snaps in half you do know that right
and since it was immediately after i was born i guess yeah it just didnt heal perfectly
its nothing major though, cant even tell its there unless youre purposely feeling for it, not visible or anything

Oh that's not as cool as I pictured. I was thinking you had some kinda grand canyonesque divot along your chest I could do shots out of if I tipped you at the right angle

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

deadeyez posted:

Oh that's not as cool as I pictured. I was thinking you had some kinda grand canyonesque divot along your chest I could do shots out of if I tipped you at the right angle

i mean

i have an asscrack

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

deadeyez posted:

Oh gently caress I had a friend who had a huge divot in his chest, maybe that was why

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

hbag posted:

I'm sure that's true for a baby but I really don't think that's true for an adult, I've given CPR (IDK I'm sure I wasn't doing it right, the guy lived though -- mainly I think the chest compressions I was doing helped blow the water out of his lungs, he was drowning) and I didn't break his ribs, and I remember in health class I remember them saying don't go too low or you'll break the xiphoid process, certainly nothing about breaking the whole ribcage

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

feelix posted:

I'm sure that's true for a baby but I really don't think that's true for an adult, I've given CPR (IDK I'm sure I wasn't doing it right, the guy lived though -- mainly I think the chest compressions I was doing helped blow the water out of his lungs, he was drowning) and I didn't break his ribs, and I remember in health class I remember them saying don't go too low or you'll break the xiphoid process, certainly nothing about breaking the whole ribcage

i have heard paramedics say that if you're doing chest compressions right you will break bone (otherwise how is it going to do anything?)

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

hbag posted:

i have heard paramedics say that if you're doing chest compressions right you will break bone (otherwise how is it going to do anything?)

That makes sense, your ribcage is meant to move with your lungs but not with the heart

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

i mean

i have an asscrack

Yeah but I don't want that extra flavor

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Holy poo poo did all the goons suffer traumatic head injury at an early age?!? Cause that explains a lot lol

I cracked mine on a blackboard in elementary school...

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Holy poo poo did all the goons suffer traumatic head injury at an early age?!? Cause that explains a lot lol

Did you run straight at the wall or was it one of those large portable spinny ones and you thought you could do a looney tunes?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'll have you know that I continued to suffer traumatic head injuries well into my 30s.

I've been trying to cut down.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think most children in general have at least one episode that makes their parents think they're gonna be eating through a straw for the rest of their life but they're actually 100% fine

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
hot parenthood take from a manchild who doesn't have kids and never will: don't freak out when your kid falls, they're probably fine, and if you show that you're freaking out they're gonna freak out. So I guess do freak out just don't show it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

deadeyez posted:

Did you run straight at the wall or was it one of those large portable spinny ones and you thought you could do a looney tunes?

It had openable "pages" bound with metal on the bottom to increase the overall area I guess. I was doing some dumb kid poo poo and ended up smacking the top of my skull directly against the bottom, there was tons of blood lol

feelix posted:

I think most children in general have at least one episode that makes their parents think they're gonna be eating through a straw for the rest of their life but they're actually 100% fine

Idk a lot of these children suspiciously post here

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

feelix posted:

hot parenthood take from a manchild who doesn't have kids and never will: don't freak out when your kid falls, they're probably fine, and if you show that you're freaking out they're gonna freak out. So I guess do freak out just don't show it

Yea, this is true to an extent. However, kids bodies also have an incredible ability to adapt-adapt to broken bones, lack of oxygen, etc and they won't show it's as bad as it is cuz their body just goes with it. So, sometimes you gotta freak out a bit cuz they don't know that this is (or could be) serious.

Also, hard to follow when your kid starts going into shock.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'll have you know that I continued to suffer traumatic head injuries well into my 30s.

I've been trying to cut down.

I've had more concussions as an adult then as a child.

Although my childhood concussion was by far the worst

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Pinus Porcus posted:

Yea, this is true to an extent. However, kids bodies also have an incredible ability to adapt-adapt to broken bones, lack of oxygen, etc and they won't show it's as bad as it is cuz their body just goes with it. So, sometimes you gotta freak out a bit cuz they don't know that this is (or could be) serious.

Also, hard to follow when your kid starts going into shock.

Yeah I can see how it would be harder to tell when a person is acting weird when they act weird 24/7 because they're a baby child

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pinus Porcus posted:

I've had more concussions as an adult then as a child.

Although my childhood concussion was by far the worst

I started off slow and worked my way up to skull fractures in my 30s. I've tried to figure out how many concussions I've had and I can identify 5 definites and around that many possibles. Like, yeah, I broke the windshield with my head but I don't remember it bothering me much, so I'm not sure if I had a concussion or not.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Literally harming your own children to get out of your posting obligations. Sad!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
In highschool I fractured both ankles on separate occasions; one time I hit myself on the ankle really hard with a machete, the second time I was sketching off my friends car with my skateboard and he hit a speed bump and I went flying ahaha.
Then I broke my wrist two separate times skateboarding and wrestling .

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Y'all scaring the gently caress out of me with your childhood injuries.

How some of you are still alive is a testament to human tenacity.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Or we are all dead and this is our humble purgatory... What sins brought you here, outlander?!?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ben shapino posted:

Literally harming your own children to get out of your posting obligations. Sad!

I have exploited the ultimate version of "I can't do X because KID." Perhaps I am playing god....

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'm sure next time your excuse will be a dog eating your posts and or your famil, we're onto you

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

When I was really young, me and my brother were playing tag outside and I somehow ran into the side mirror of my dad's car. Part of my head decided to open up a bit, mirror was dead at this point.
My dad took me to the doctor who stitched my bloody head because he wasn't the bad kind of dad that just throws their toddler at a running fan or light fixture or whatever stupid poo poo like that just to get a laugh on the internet.

Still have that little spot where hair doesn't grow.

Also got out of the womb with the umbelical cord around my neck, that loss of air is the most likely explanation for everything that followed.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I only have one concussion and it was on rollerblades

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just imagine being LAP and needing to tiltawirl slam and then stone cold stunner your own toddler repeatedly in a falls count anywhere match just to prove you're the man of the house.

Unbelievable really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i never had any sort of head injury. That's right. My brain just came this way