Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

GCN+ has been such a terrible rollout. They’re using the Eurosport player and their links redirect to Eurosport but Eurosport tech help has no idea that GCN is using them and just keeps saying that Eurosport isn’t available in the USA. I tried a VPN then saw this:

Its working fine on Eurosport itself so it must be on their software side.

Van Der Poel looks ridiculously strong. Omloop being a bunch sprint and KBK being smashed to bits is lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao, dude touched a piece of grass and his fancy bike locked up

go back to 9 speed dura ace

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Huge lol at Adam Blythe getting snooker updates on his phone while commentating.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can see why Cav sat this one out, this is brutal

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Its working fine on Eurosport itself so it must be on their software side.

Van Der Poel looks ridiculously strong. Omloop being a bunch sprint and KBK being smashed to bits is lol.

It’s definitely GCN. They show every race as available, even the ones they don’t have the rights to air in the US. Seems very half baked.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The timing has gone completely wrong. Hasn't updated in like 5 minutes.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GCN fixed it with 17k to go. Woo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Love how Zakharov sat on the back for 30k and has now decided to help out. Top work lad, love it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm so baffled by Narvaez' continued presence in the front group (as well as in this race in general) that I kinda want him to this, somehow, impossibly

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Reminder that Van der Poel is here to do a lead out for his team.

Which hes been doing for 85k.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
MvdP just misjudged how much better he is than them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Set up for a perfect catch, if someone in the peloton has secret legs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Set up for a perfect catch, if someone in the peloton has secret legs.

I think Naesen is going to rip it up for Greg for a km. They're the only two I can think could bridge this looking at everyone elses legs.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Huge lol at Adam Blythe getting snooker updates on his phone while commentating.

Higgins is playing great. Dominating O'Sullivan.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
imo, matty should just rijde fast and win

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Ride you G2 cowards

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tylertfb posted:

Ride you G2 cowards

They heard you

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

well well well. this rules

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:siren: Heinrich Haussler :siren:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're getting caught now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Two days in a row for that mechanical in the last 3km.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Degenkolb is gonna win this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lots of questionable amateur lines in that sprint.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Props to Asgreen there, he chucked his chance of victory away to bring that back.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Very Danish final 3 km, that

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Smirr posted:

Very Danish final 3 km, that

Mads giving a big respect to Kasper there

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Breaking your collarbone sprinting for 19th :(

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Imagine breaking your collarbone 300 meters from the finish at KBK. If I was a professional cyclist, I would quite simply not do that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That celebration in the background because he knew he'd achieved launch.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The GCN pass is just a wrapper around Eurosport coverage so I've stuck with Eurosport player and get to watch ski jumping and lawn bowls for free.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The GCN pass is just a wrapper around Eurosport coverage so I've stuck with Eurosport player and get to watch ski jumping and lawn bowls for free.

Welcome to America where cycling doesn’t exist and you need to subscribe to NBC Cycling Pass, Flo, and GCN+ to watch stuff. It’s hell.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Welcome to America where cycling doesn’t exist and you need to subscribe to NBC Cycling Pass, Flo, and GCN+ to watch stuff. It’s hell.

you can get all the ASO stuff on Flo if you "pretend" to be in Canada though that can also cost money

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
That was a really really exciting race today. Well making up for yesterday.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
I love Mads's sprint form. Zero exaggerated movement in the upper body...just ducks his head down and thrashes his arms/bike to victory.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Pedersen owes Asgreen a few Carlsbergs (or whatever Danish people actually drink) for that one.

Edit: Seriously though, why did Asgreen bury himself there if not for a temporary Danish national alliance?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

paperwind posted:

Pedersen owes Asgreen a few Carlsbergs (or whatever Danish people actually drink) for that one.

Edit: Seriously though, why did Asgreen bury himself there if not for a temporary Danish national alliance?

Don't ask don't get, he got boxed out in the sprint but gave it a stab

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
It wasn’t just Asgreen either. As soon as Asgreen pulled up to the MvdP group, Soren Kragh Andersen put in a dig to keep the group stretched out around the final corner only to peel off before the sprint.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

paperwind posted:

In Danish, we have a word which means that someone in uncontrollable, excessive, and defiant of regular civil norms - and Asgreen embodies being 'fandenivoldsk', because sometimes he just does poo poo like this for no apparent reason, and when he's interviewed about it afterwards he just said he had such a good time out there.
He's an absolute delight.

I do imagine Danes are beginning to focus on the spring classics, now that we've seen in the last years that they can be won by Danish talent, and would rather see it go to another Dane than someone they're on team with? There is a pretty strong sense of togetherness in the Danish collective spirit, as it underlies the whole 'hygge' we're completely failing to export to the rest of the world.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 1, 2021

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It's no different to training partners helping out gc guys at their own expense in grand tours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hirschi won't ride Milan San remo either.