Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

carticket posted:

Every episode should have a live animal. I don't know that I've ever seen a live animal in a sketch that does what it was supposed to, and it is always funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XTZPiy2opY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Ok, the kittykat did what it was supposed to. There's one sketch.

Apr 23, 2002
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. Wait...
The amusement park ride sketch was definitely written by a Kansas City resident at least partially, is anyone else from Kansas City apart from
Heidi Gardner? It managed to perfectly capture the phenomena of winning a giant prize whilst being a fifth wheel.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

255 posted:

The amusement park ride sketch was definitely written by a Kansas City resident at least partially, is anyone else from Kansas City apart from
Heidi Gardner? It managed to perfectly capture the phenomena of winning a giant prize whilst being a fifth wheel.

I'm not sure where the writer was from. I liked the sketch. But, uh... you do know that they have both large prizes and fifth wheels outside of the metropolitan Kansas City area, right?

We also have teenagers who are trying very hard not to admit that they like-like each other even as they hang out, flirt, and sit in each others' laps.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

The sketch was clearly a Kansas City in-joke and not relevant to Anytown, USA. You just wouldn't understand.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand, but I think it's because they said "cuck" at the end of every sentence. I'm from Michigan though; so I wouldn't get Kansas City cuck humor. :shrug:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

It was a completely generic teen skit. It was funny. It is in no way unique to Kansas City.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
It was a fine skit and I got what it was going for, but the cuck thing seemed really forced.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Maybe Mooney gets off on being publicly humiliated, which is why he's always this super awkward, put upon, 80s nerd throwback character.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I liked the cuck bit

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe Mooney gets off on being publicly humiliated, which is why he's always this super awkward, put upon, 80s nerd throwback character.

He's definitely typecast. I just wonder if it's by choice.

When the boner song sketch started and he said the weird thing that everyone reacted awkwardly to, I rolled my eyes and was about to say, Jesus, not more of Mooney being weird and cringe-y; didn't we get enough of that last every other time he's been on the show? Then it turned out to be either a red herring or just a passing moment or whatever. I was glad it wasn't another Mooney Being Weird For The Sake Of Being Weird bit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That post-Covid dating sketch with the kitteh was exactly like something you'd see from the Second City if you've ever been to one if their shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight, our Vintage is Miley Cyrus with The Strokes, from March 5 2011

Yes! Ten years ago! :unsmigghh:

And the regular repeat is Kristen Wiig with Dua Lipa.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

This Miley Cyrus bit aged incredibly.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://www.humorism.xyz/p/anatomy-of-a-sellout

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

That sums up my feelings on him pretty well actually.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOULUkxL8c

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight’s Vintage: Bill Hader with Arcade Fire, from March 16 2018. My station is preempting it for a news special on COVID Long Haulers. Maybe they’ll run it in the overnight?? :shrug: (they will likely not)

The regular repeat—brace yourselves—is John Krasinsky with Machine Gun Kelly. So far all repeats this season have been and continue to be sequential. You should be able to guess next week’s repeat.

Edit: Spoke with someone at the station, and it will air at 3 AM. Please be sure to update your logs

pwn fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 14, 2021

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCfynbhGFY

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh yeah and they announced the next set of shows

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1371884070737694720?s=21

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Didn't know that someone in the cast could host.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Maya Rudolph can host whenever she wants, please.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This Miley Cyrus bit aged incredibly.

When SNL first did that sketch when Bryan Cranston hosted, I KNEW they were looking toward the future. Whoever wrote that deserves a Nobel Prize for Literature.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUUsmJtmns

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight, the Vintage Machine takes us back to March 17 2007, featuring Julia Louis-Dreyfus with Snow Patrol.

And the regular repeat machine churns through the S46 catalogue: Dan Levy with Phoebe Bridgers.

On another note: Fallon is moving back into studio 6B on Monday, with the audience and everything. Does this mean SNL will be having more audience? Will the full SNL Band be upstairs? Or will the crew erect and strike their plexiglass cubicles every weekend when Fallon isn’t taping? So many questions.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there a reason for a Super Bowl cold open a month after the game?

e: and this is where I find out both that I missed a cold open a month ago, and it’s not a new episode this week. Doh.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

NEW THREAD OVER YONDER