Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The true heroine

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Saya and Yuu would be a really great couple in any other situation but...Touko

Bloom into You anime ending at it's point would be okay if we get a sequel like all the other good 2018 shows are getting this year take the hint

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

realizing just how wonky a choice the yagakimi anime ending before the play was

In fairness, the choice being made was less about aiming for a specific end point and more about choosing a faithful adaptation & maintaining the original story's pacing over doing the amount of original material you'd basically be forced to do in order to hit a reasonable endpoint in a single cour.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The Colonel posted:

really i just think more people should watch gainer/greco in general cause the only one of tomino's goofier and more out there later work people ever talk about is turn-a, and i think gainer and greco are around the same level of quality with maybe more consistently good action

lol what is there to talk about? Fans still talk about Turn A cuz it gives them actual food for thought. Greco was simply a dumb thing a handful of ppl enjoyed roundly mocking, and that is its total stamp on the gundam legacy: "what a dumb thing that was."

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Saya and Yuu would be a really great couple in any other situation but...Touko

That can't work because then we'd lose out on everyone on the the planet except Sayaka herself looking at Haru and Yuu next to each other and asking questions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pootybutt posted:

lol what is there to talk about? Fans still talk about Turn A cuz it gives them actual food for thought. Greco was simply a dumb thing a handful of ppl enjoyed roundly mocking, and that is its total stamp on the gundam legacy: "what a dumb thing that was."
what are you talking about? g-reco isn't like massively popular but it has its fans, its not something 'a handful of ppl enjoyed roundly mocking'

and why did you reply to the same post to go 'g-reco is bad' twice, in different ways

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't get any attention the first time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

In fairness, the choice being made was less about aiming for a specific end point and more about choosing a faithful adaptation & maintaining the original story's pacing over doing the amount of original material you'd basically be forced to do in order to hit a reasonable endpoint in a single cour.

yeah that's fair, i just really hope a s2 happens cause like. i thought the anime was okay but nothing that blew me away, but i thoroughly enjoyed reading everything from the play onwards and everything after they hook up officially is like. really really great. i'd love to see that stuff animated

plus it'd be cool to bump up the odds of an adaptation of regarding saeki sayaka...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

yeah that's fair, i just really hope a s2 happens cause like. i thought the anime was okay but nothing that blew me away, but i thoroughly enjoyed reading everything from the play onwards and everything after they hook up officially is like. really really great. i'd love to see that stuff animated

plus it'd be cool to bump up the odds of an adaptation of regarding saeki sayaka...

I feel like the Sayaka books in particular could make for an absolutely killer movie.....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

I like g-reco and a lot of other people here liked it and were positive about it when it was coming out?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's also still in the middle of being adapted to a film series, the show isn't even dead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
and in terms of its legacy klim is a fairly popular character and the g-self and grimoire are very popular designs

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

dogsicle posted:

it's also still in the middle of being adapted to a film series, the show isn't even dead

Right. A trio of "pls watch this time, it'll all make sense now i promise" movies.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It made perfect sense. Sorry it didn't hand hold you and repeatedly explain the plot at length like most mecha shows.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Greco was my first gundam after build fighters and I somehow managed to enjoy it and pick up on the story through the power of staring at the screen and reading the subs

did you try that

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It made perfect sense. Sorry it didn't hand hold you and repeatedly explain the plot at length like most mecha shows.

lol yeah I remember the thread for that show havin posts that read exactly like this every page before launching into 800 paragraphs of "explanation". And so it went on the next page, and then the next one. And the one after that...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
why are you relitigating a six year old thread about a show you dont like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
also greco made perfect sense if you just watched the show instead of composing SA arguments in your head while watching it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Genki de irareru kara genki de irareru kara
Te wo agete yatte miru mae wo muite yatte miru

Ashita no koto nante wakaranai kara tte
Ugokanai mama nara hajimaranai kara
Tatte mite aruku (stand up stand up!) sutaato kitte hashiru (let\'s ♪)
Sono sakini mirai to yuu senkou ga aru

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Genki de irareru kara genki de irareru kara
Te wo agete yatte miru mae wo muite yatte miru

Ashita no koto nante wakaranai kara tte
Ugokanai mama nara hajimaranai kara
Tatte mite aruku (stand up stand up!) sutaato kitte hashiru (let\'s ♪)
Sono sakini mirai to yuu senkou ga aru

TSUKAMU PURAIDO
TSUKAMU SUCCESS
GENKI NO G WA HAJIMARI NO G
G NO RECONGUISTA

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
(El) G-Reco was great and the eyecatches just put you in a great loving mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Yo4ryp6bk

:3:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

They were choreographed by Tomino's daughter, who's a professional dancer.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

They were choreographed by Tomino's daughter, who's a professional dancer.
That I did not know! :monocle:

That is slamtastic.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Wark Say posted:

:3:

see, all the lil production bits surrounding the show were great and now I can enjoy them whenever wo ever having to watch it again!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
but whats your opinion on g-reco, i dont think youve made that clear yet

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

see, all the lil production bits surrounding the show were great and now I can enjoy them whenever wo ever having to watch it again!

That's funny, I have very similar feelings about your posts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

And that's a totally valid choice and opinion. Just don't try to cram it down everyone's gullets.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, a few pages ago people were going on about CSM and, while I loved it to pieces (:v:), I do agree that some of the action scenes tended to be hit or miss in their results, but when it hit.

It hit like a loving dump truck. :krad:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm sorry. under president bidan's orders you will be required to rewatch AND enjoy g-reco to get your stimulus check

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Who would Kamille ask to be his vice president

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I haven't watched it since it aired but I enjoyed my time with G-Reco. That's the post

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Leina.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Bring Stabbity. Not the same series, I just wanna see a campaign use the word Stabbity.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What's that from again? I think I recognize the art style but don't recall the name.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yagate kimi ni naru

i don't think it's the revolutionary yuri manga people were talking it up as during its run but it has a really good back half and a fantastic ending, and some of its characters are really interesting

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think there is a main menu theme in a game that goes as hard as hellsinker's second main menu theme

The Colonel posted:

yagate kimi ni naru

i don't think it's the revolutionary yuri manga people were talking it up as during its run but it has a really good back half and a fantastic ending, and some of its characters are really interesting

Oh right, I got about half way into that then picked it up and finished the other part when it was over.

I should try to read it again all at once.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

I don't think there is a main menu theme in a game that goes as hard as hellsinker's second main menu theme

pictionary (nes) is always a strong contender

https://youtu.be/SJwh3erQlyE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Varinn posted:

pictionary (nes) is always a strong contender

https://youtu.be/SJwh3erQlyE

Lol what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora