Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
still, i dont think u should be too sour about getting executed today (if you do). heck i fully expect to die on n3 but im fine with it cuz i think town has this in the bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's basically why I picked toxic vig. It's fun to have a vig and all but seemed like something I'd want to keep out of scum hands since it effectively makes them a bomb.

And as far as I know binus didn't do anything to me but I'm not sure I would have known if he did

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

And as far as I know binus didn't do anything to me but I'm not sure I would have known if he did

your testimony that u got nothing would seem to confirm my jail action. buuut i could just be lying about the message i got last night so its weak confirmation. not like that rly needed confirming anyway

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If it’s not already obvious, I went for Mystery Role B and didn’t get it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I enjoy being vanilla though, it’s always freeing

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If it weren’t for the jail, I’d 100% say it’s Toal, so much so much so that my brain keeps trying to create ways it could still be them, but they’re all extremely unlikely

I’m pretty sure it’s not Steak, I can’t see CPig claiming the way he did if he was on Steak’s team

Everyone else is on the table, including RF

I’ll probably do a big reread at some point

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Scientastic posted:

If it weren’t for the jail, I’d 100% say it’s Toal, so much so much so that my brain keeps trying to create ways it could still be them, but they’re all extremely unlikely

I’m pretty sure it’s not Steak, I can’t see CPig claiming the way he did if he was on Steak’s team

Everyone else is on the table, including RF

I’ll probably do a big reread at some point

It literally couldn't be rf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m going to have a busy weekend so I don’t know how much I’ll be around until Monday. Do we have a deadline yet?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Toalpaz posted:

It literally couldn't be rf

Why not? Am I missing something? I don’t think it’s hugely likely, but I’ve been on scumteams where someone has suggested killing a scum buddy for cred. I think I’ve even been on the same team as Keane and he has suggested it.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

At this point I’m leaning one of the masons or maybe Merk. My scum reads have all been wrong so far and I don’t have a strong town read on anyone really

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I think RF and toal are highly unlikely. Steak and sci I’m also leaning unlikely

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Either RF or Steak would be hilarious, but I think it’s possible.

Toal would be extra hilarious because it would mean Steak lied as town for no reason again.

I am heading home today from vacation and will read unless you jerks murder me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

merk posted:

Steak lied as town for no reason again.

I’m going to need a backstory on this one. Just for curiosity, I don’t think Steak is lying.

I am pretty confident Steak is town because of the CPig gambit and the way that fell out, which means I am confident that Toal is town. Because Steak lying as town would be duuuuuuuuuuumb

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I agree that RF is unlikely, but some people are acting like it’s impossible and I want to know why

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

RF was heavily into CPig as town when I was pushing him on D1. His targets on D1 were putatively Keane or CPig, which is either an incredible coincidence or an incredible bus

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m not even saying RF is scum, I haven’t reread, but I want to know why some people are saying he’s confirmed town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

I’m going to need a backstory on this one. Just for curiosity, I don’t think Steak is lying.

I am pretty confident Steak is town because of the CPig gambit and the way that fell out, which means I am confident that Toal is town. Because Steak lying as town would be duuuuuuuuuuumb

He brilliantly (results oriented) gambitted as a gunsmith in a game. He was vanilla. Kept giving results day after day.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

He brilliantly (results oriented) gambitted as a gunsmith in a game. He was vanilla. Kept giving results day after day.

i was survivor in that game and won with town, thank u very much

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do advocate for lying as town tho, in general. i always put a great deal of thought into whether my lies might harm town meaningfully more than scum, and i will not be shamed into stopping!

but no, its quite obvious that lying to clear toal here would make no sense

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I agree that RF is unlikely, but some people are acting like it’s impossible and I want to know why

i think the logic here is that i jailed rf n1. successfully so if the binus convo can be trusted. and i kinda doubt rf would have had the wild foresight to pretend he got nothing from binus before i'd even claimed jailor.

and on that night rf (if scum) is thought to be the obvious choice to perform the kill since cpg had a power role to use. its not rock-solid but its somethinf

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

i think the logic here is that i jailed rf n1. successfully so if the binus convo can be trusted. and i kinda doubt rf would have had the wild foresight to pretend he got nothing from binus before i'd even claimed jailor.

and on that night rf (if scum) is thought to be the obvious choice to perform the kill since cpg had a power role to use. its not rock-solid but its somethinf

OK, yeah, that’s not unreasonable

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
But then we don't know what cpig's power did. (Do we?) It's possible it was daytime use.

I don't think RF is scum, but he's not cleared on the level toal is.

Unlikely, but I get nervous when people call other people cleared.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rf was one of two scum who had to perform no as someone (grandicap) said the night he was jailed. Mystery role was probably doing a mystery action so Rf would probably be a killer on the night he was jailed. There was still a kill.

Rf needed to kill steak last night because there's a decent chance he's jailed tomorrow and loses more kills making this game super long and miserable. This is because he was jailed last night and *usually* there is an alternating clause.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline will be Monday, probably 12:00pm pacific. If that’s a bad time for you don’t let it get to deadline. I’ll make it official when I’m at a computer.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Deadline will be Monday, probably 12:00pm pacific. If that’s a bad time for you don’t let it get to deadline. I’ll make it official when I’m at a computer.

its actually very important that we leave the last votes until the last five minutes

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

its actually very important that we leave the last votes until the last five minutes

Can't let the scum know what we're thinking.

Or the mods.

Or ourselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

Can't let the scum know what we're thinking.

Or the mods.

Or ourselves.

It's a strategy that's worked well for me for a long time as both a player and mod

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well merk didnt post reads which is what i unvoted to give him time to do, so ##vote merk

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

merk (3): Mr. Steak, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, Grandicap, Mr. Steak, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
ObamaAkbar. (1): Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, merk, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (4): ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist, Scientastic, spacing in vienna

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 01st, 2021 at 1 p.m. MST -- that's in about 1 day.

Remember, PLURALITY EXECUTION. If there is a tie then we execute the person who would have been executed before the tie occurred.

When someone is hammered (or deadline executed) that person stops talking in thread UNLESS I have expressly told them outside of game they may continue posting.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline is set. 100pm Mountain tomorrow.

Also another bet pays off

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CPig decided to very hard bus Keane right before RF's vig shot. This CPig content comes completely out of nowhere. Out of everything I've reviewed, I think that makes it look like RF's vig is a gambit.

Everything else doesn't seem very compelling:

spacing in vienna posted:

That's a legit call but it's more detachment than reticence I think? I'm chatting up a storm in the masonry (all non game thus far) and have to keep coming back here and trying to get dialed in to what's going on. It's like the audio is only coming in in one speaker.

Hmm. Town and a scum? Okay.

Town: RF. I don't know if he's right that he has perfect merk-dar but I believe his reasoning and explanations around it.

Keane. He's posted minimally but he's making calls and not hedging.

I'll go further and say I think Obama is town -- I've played two games where he was scum and in both cases he felt very "hey hello, I am also participating in this thread, fellow townies" / self conscious there and he seems more legit this time around.

Scum: hmm. This is harder, because I don't have strong scum vibes anywhere, which is also part of what's throwing me off. I mean, I can see other people's case on you, and I can see it being right, but I don't have that "Sandwolf is definitely scum" gut feeling i usually have d1, and I'm not sure why.

CPig is using meta to coast on not participating, and I realize that's technically alignment neutral but him doubling down on it after being called out, the just earnestly leaning into it feels like a scum move.

Dark horse candidate: Scientastic.

People I Wouldn't Vote Today: Grandicap, because masonbro. I see the awkwardness everyone else is pointing out, but I'm thinking it's just not alignment specific. This is possibly bias because I do not want him to be scum.

I feel like Grandi as scum will make a case that is structurally sound-ish but not really believable that he actually thinks it; if he starts doing that I'll take a closer look. But not today because: mason.

spacing in vienna posted:

##vote CPig

The sand case is looking better but I'm still missing that gut feel that it's him, so I think this is the better option right now? Better than Keane at least.

Doesn't make sense with what CPig did to get Keane shot... unless CPig thought he was going down instead of Keane.

Obama hasn't really said much and definitely will be here at three-person lylo with the Party Host claim if it gets there, so that's possibly a good vote.

Grandicap seems to have been off all game, so there's an OK vote.

I don't know. I think the last scum is going to get night action bingo caught or randomly voted off. Two scum just died too quickly for their to be much compelling poo poo out there to vote.

I'll ##vote RF because that seems like the only logical explanation for what CPig did right before the shot went down.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm also an OK vote. Now that I've seen CPig's super hard bus, there's a decent argument that CPig and I bussed Keane. If I get voted off, it's fine.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To be fair, CPig's bus happened after RF announced he was shooting one of two scum targets. If one was going down anyway, going hard for the other makes sense.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’d probably go with grandicap at this point, I’ve reread quite a few people and honestly nothing jumps out at me still.

Or if you guys want to lunch me I guess we can see if anyone visited me without announcing it in thread

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I was wondering why it’s been so quiet in the thread lately and I just realised it’s the weekend lol. Hate working weekends

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

To be fair, CPig's bus happened after RF announced he was shooting one of two scum targets. If one was going down anyway, going hard for the other makes sense.

Yeah I mean everyone immediately moved off of him afterwards, so that's how I see it. He only wound up getting killed the next day because he put his hoof in his mouth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I’m not claiming.

I went after Keane hard on day 1.

Eliminating me makes no sense.

This is merk's defense of himself but also he's voting me because I went so hard on Keane I killed him. No internal logic to it ##vote merk

I'm ripping what's left of my hair out on a job today and I'm going to be busy trying to fix my stupid car all morning. I can check in tonight if anything happens but I'll almost certainly be absent at deadline, standing in line at the dealership

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Merk, you are at -1. Shoot someone before you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that would make there be an odd number of players, which skews things not insignificantly in scum's favor. so actually maybe dont shoot anyone