Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AFL2021: Pray for NTRabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
AFL2021: The Second Wave

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Goon Golden Spoon?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Forum Joe posted:

Goon Golden Spoon?

Goon Golden Spoon 9 is now open for registration

https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/404894/invitation

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

AFL 2021: Anyone but Richmond

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Windmill Hut posted:

AFL 2021: Anyone? But Richmond!

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

Windmill Hut posted:

AFL 2021: Anyone but Richmond

And Essendon

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Hah, two winless teams on Friday night huh? Well, at least it should be a close ma... :stare:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

fatman posted:

And Essendon

No, we are allowed to win. We won't, but we're allowed to. Richmond aren't allowed to win it again this year or they're breaking the law

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

2021: The Year of St Kilda On The Desktop

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Would a Richmond threepeat be any worse than a Hawthorn one?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The Deadly Hume posted:

Would a Richmond threepeat be any worse than a Hawthorn one?

Very much so

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I didn't watch much AFLW last year, and maybe it's just the lack of BT et al, but I am enjoying the commentators that they have for the games.

"enjoying' might be exaggerating, but they are certainly better, and less intrusive than the people they use for the mens games.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Wayne Milera out for the season with a knee injury :saddowns:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
If I'm in Victoria and I own a TV is Kayo what I want to watch all my team's games? I can easily hook my PC to my TV if there's some easier, freer option.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Daniher kicked 4 against the Suns, missed one shot completely and kicked 3 behinds.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

snoremac posted:

If I'm in Victoria and I own a TV is Kayo what I want to watch all my team's games? I can easily hook my PC to my TV if there's some easier, freer option.
Default is $25/mo so it's not cheap but you get everything. You might be able to sniff around for a club offer to knock it down. Cheaper than full Foxtel anyway.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So Izzy Huntington is not only leading the league for goals scored but has double the contested marks of the next best person. Hopefully she stays healthy and doesn't have any more knee injuries because a player like her is such a good advertisement for the game and how the standard has improved.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://streamable.com/iwx2kh

great

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

gay picnic defence posted:

Daniher kicked 4 against the Suns, missed one shot completely and kicked 3 behinds.

keeping up his red hot essendon form at the lions i see

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Amazing

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Bruce retiring from AFL commentating effective immediately. I know he was a shadow of his former self in the later years but good god if this paves the way for a BT/JB combination then we are truly hosed

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

thepokey posted:

Bruce retiring from AFL commentating effective immediately. I know he was a shadow of his former self in the later years but good god if this paves the way for a BT/JB combination then we are truly hosed

Don't forget Eddie has a lot more free time now he isn't President of Collingwood anymore.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thepokey posted:

It's Channel 7, of course they're going to pick the vastly inferior JB.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Everything is working just so loving well. Congrats Hocking, you hosed up yet again.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Testekill posted:

Everything is working just so loving well. Congrats Hocking, you hosed up yet again.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1365854995409629191

Just to add fuel to the fire.

Perhaps the most insane rule theyve brought in. So loving stupid.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
And yet another example of a rule that A) everyone knew was going to be loving terrible from the moment they announced it, and B) doesn't even address an issue that anybody actually cared about to begin with.

It's like they heard everyone (rightly) complaining that the "entered the protected zone" 50m penalties were terrible, and thought "hah, we'll show you terrible!"

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 28, 2021

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If this actually makes the season proper then AFL House can seriously fall into a loving sinkhole.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It will be heavily enforced for the season opener, face backlash on media and social media and then be toned down the rest of round 1.

Richmond will win by two goals after receiving 4 goals from 50m penalties.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

drunkill posted:

Richmond will win the Grand Final by two goals after receiving 4 goals from 50m penalties.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

:negative:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

trying to not get too excited in the pre-season, but look at that scoreboard for the Saints :stare:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
footy is cool

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
not bad but just a praccy match, teams were not going anywhere near 100%, three or four players chasing round 1 selection were going hard but even then there wasn't much gut running chasing or one on one contests with a lot of defensive effort.

But hey, almost round 1...

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Even though this is about the shortest off season ever it feels like the longest?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
roberton retired :(

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

harperdc posted:

trying to not get too excited in the pre-season, but look at that scoreboard for the Saints :stare:

That was a good contest, though. Young Silvagni is a chip off the old block. Loved that shot of mum elbowing dad "hey clap for the young feller you bastard, he's doing well", dad looking too tense to enjoy it at all.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I caught the end of the 2nd quarter onward and the Saints looked quite composed going from defense and into the corridor - they really kept the pressure on between the square and 50 arc and cut off a lot of the chains that the Blues were aiming for to get inside 50.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

roberton retired :(

seems like he might be sticking around in a coaching position, or at least that's what the comments seemed to suggest. we'll see, but yeah, that's a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Carn the Dees