Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1364666407233880065

Maybe they're finally feeding those poor hamsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Would be nice to not have the game lock up weirdly between Champion reveal and the pre-drop. More than a few times I've been left drumming my fingers awkwardly because the screen won't transition, even though everything is obviously advancing per the music/sounds/whatever.

Been trying to actively not default for a Spitfire & Triple Take/R99/Volt set up every game and I'm shocked just how good pistols feel in Apex compared to... every shooter in existence bar OG Halo. Feel like people really don't know what to do when you pull out a P2020, like they're stunned they're seeing it ever used beyond a desperate hotdrop skirmish.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/RKRigney/status/1364719884748251137

Season 8 notes were about 1500 words.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

SteelMentor posted:

Would be nice to not have the game lock up weirdly between Champion reveal and the pre-drop. More than a few times I've been left drumming my fingers awkwardly because the screen won't transition, even though everything is obviously advancing per the music/sounds/whatever.

Been trying to actively not default for a Spitfire & Triple Take/R99/Volt set up every game and I'm shocked just how good pistols feel in Apex compared to... every shooter in existence bar OG Halo. Feel like people really don't know what to do when you pull out a P2020, like they're stunned they're seeing it ever used beyond a desperate hotdrop skirmish.

I had a winning game earlier where I was weapon starved in the beginning and ran with the P2020 for a while. Eventually I found a R-301 and an Anvil Receiver. Ran into Hammerpoint Rounds almost immediately after and figured I'd give it a shot, I'd never tried it before. Softened targets up with 301 semi auto and finished them with the P2020, and I was surprised at the efficiency. Really glad that I'm moving out of my comfort zone and trying new stuff.

Totally agree on the feel of the pistols, and how people react. Although to be fair, they could have just been reacting to the absolute avalanche of damage coming out of the little pea shooter.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I was messing with the Anvil the other day and it seems like it turns the 301 into a G7 with more controllable recoil and larger mag. Also, the option to switch back to auto, making it basically the perfect gun. Why didn't anyone telll meeeeeeeeeeeee

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

The Midniter posted:

I was messing with the Anvil the other day and it seems like it turns the 301 into a G7 with more controllable recoil and larger mag. Also, the option to switch back to auto, making it basically the perfect gun. Why didn't anyone telll meeeeeeeeeeeee

I know right? 28 shots with a purple mag. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fire rate slightly higher than the G7 too? Guess I could try it in the firing range if the game would LET ME SIGN IN

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mangoose posted:

I know right? 28 shots with a purple mag. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fire rate slightly higher than the G7 too? Guess I could try it in the firing range if the game would LET ME SIGN IN

Well, the Anvil uses double ammo per shot.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Midniter posted:

I said that 3 pages ago :colbert:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Overminty posted:

A swarm of death boxes has invaded! :ohdear:

god this junction in particular is so hosed, anytime i make it here i know i'm going to get third-fourth-fifth partied. and i'm always right

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

wa27 posted:

Well, the Anvil uses double ammo per shot.

Ah right :downs:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Midniter posted:

Well, because the Flatline is even better. With the Flatline you can chew people up at close range with hipfire, chew them up at shorter medium range with ADS, and then chunk them to death with big ole meaty shots from longer distance. Enormous damage per clip even with a white mag. Beast mode.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1365001450535849984

Shrugtal also found even more references to the compound bow that's been showing up in leaks for ages

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Was without internet for a week and a half due to weather, this was my first game back.
Sadly it's been all downhill after that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Got two sticks in one jump: https://streamable.com/iit5gv

That'll do for tonight

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Literally had god spot for final circle in plat ranked, 2 other squads left, and my teammates just decide to run toward gunfire despite no downs while I anchor the god spot. Then I get 3v1’d and they die and we get third :aaaaa:

We all had max KP of course too.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

I do hope they swap out the care package weapons this time around. I'd love to get the peacekeeper and the prowler back. I wouldn't be mad if they gave the volt to the care package.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Why is the option to invite squadmates from the last battle only sometimes there?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Arbite posted:

Why is the option to invite squadmates from the last battle only sometimes there?

Because they can opt out of receving invites.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Because they can opt out of receving invites.

Ah. Pity, it's nice to keep a winning group together.

*Edit*

Oh ho, I just discovered a wicked glitch, I wonder if it will be in the patch notes.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 27, 2021

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Carillon posted:

I do hope they swap out the care package weapons this time around. I'd love to get the peacekeeper and the prowler back. I wouldn't be mad if they gave the volt to the care package.

Turbocharger CP volt when?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kinda wish they'd swap the devo with the prowler

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Give the Devotion some kind of hopup that makes the first shot shoot faster and farther then swap it with the Kraber.

Swap turbocharger Volt with the Prowler.

Swap Prowler with Mozambique but it's got super hammerpoint and will oneshot any non-shielded target.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Put the Charge Rifle in Care Packages.

I'm just sick of seeing it take up Sniper spawns.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

SteelMentor posted:

this but its the instagib shock rifle from UT99

J
Jun 10, 2001

Put all the 4k 20 bomb players in the same lobbies as each other I don't care if that means they have to wait an hour for a game too bad :colbert:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SteelMentor posted:

Just take it out. And triple take.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
*Sentinel

You'll take the Triple Take from my cold dead hands.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

the sentinel and longbow can go away

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Longbow without a Skullpiercer is just bad times. Honestly it's kinda shocking how much gear you need to slap on it to get it feeling like it should. Even just removing the need to Barrel it would go a long way.

Shotguns in general having next to no mod support is a similar problem in the opposite direction. Something like a speedloader hopup for the Mastiff, or a barrel mod that tightens spread would be neat.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mastiff Legends

SteelMentor posted:

Something like a speedloader hopup for the Mastiff, or a barrel mod that tightens spread would be neat.

No

The Mastiff has taken over as Fun Remover Gun as of lately to the point where I almost, but not quite, miss the Peacekeeper/Skullwing meta

At least I would get consistently two shotted by different guns then

SteelMentor posted:

Longbow without a Skullpiercer is just bad times. Honestly it's kinda shocking how much gear you need to slap on it to get it feeling like it should. Even just removing the need to Barrel it would go a long way.

Honestly I like the way they handle sniper rifles in Apex, it's something that so many multiplayer FPSes gently caress up. They know that people love to snipe so they put these big easy to use damage dealers in and they just dominate at all ranges. All the sniper rifles in Apex have some sort of drawback to them while staying useful and people are so mobile they can close the distance quickly so you actually have to use them appropriately rather than playing Whack A Head.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 28, 2021

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Gunder posted:

I've definitely been experiencing issues with very slow login times recently. It might have started as far back as the beginning of the season. It just sits at the start screen for ages before it lets you press Mouse One to get into the main menu. I have no idea what it's doing in that time, but it definitely can take up to 30 seconds to prompt me to click my mouse. It used to be pretty instantaneous.
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I've gone from near-instantaneous entry on UK or Belgian servers to a 50% chance of never connecting, and a 30-40 second wait otherwise. Also coupled with constant code:net disconnects at champ select, which is a real bummer.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Put mastiff back in the care package and make it the old care package mastiff.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Cefte posted:

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I've gone from near-instantaneous entry on UK or Belgian servers to a 50% chance of never connecting, and a 30-40 second wait otherwise. Also coupled with constant code:net disconnects at champ select, which is a real bummer.

Nope. Still dog poo poo. Also connecting from the UK.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

SteelMentor posted:

*Sentinel

You'll take the Triple Take from my cold dead hands.

I like all the snipers except Sentinel, but my favorite sniper rifle is a 30-30 Repeater with a good scope. Great versatility and pairs well with an Eva-8 to blast out of scuffles.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is there any particular reason both voice and text chat stop working in the lobby occasionally?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Songbearer posted:

No

The Mastiff has taken over as Fun Remover Gun as of lately to the point where I almost, but not quite, miss the Peacekeeper/Skullwing meta

At least I would get consistently two shotted by different guns then

I think the point of SteelMentor's post was that it would go alongside a nerf to base Mastiff and the hop-ups would bring it back to what it is currently, given the context of him talking about how shotguns are good right off the ground with few upgrades needed compared to the Longbow which needs five attachments before it starts looking like an attractive choice.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-28-apex-legends-hits-an-all-new-concurrent-user-peak-on-steam

Apex hit a new all-time high of nearly 200k concurrent players on Steam, game is doing well

(some of the gain might be existing players drifting over from Origin though)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone figured out any solutions to the whole "stuck at the connect screen" thing where you click continue and then the screen goes black for a bit then you're back at the same screen again? I haven't been able to play since Season 8 launched and there are apparently thousands of posts about this on the Respawn forums and Respawn just doesn't give a poo poo.

Shame to have to give up on this otherwise extremely fun and good game because it just doesn't work for some people.

e: lol apparently the fix is "create a new EA account" choke on fetid poo poo and die respawn

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 1, 2021

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There's a big patch due on March 9th, maybe that will help? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Kazinsal posted:

Has anyone figured out any solutions to the whole "stuck at the connect screen" thing where you click continue and then the screen goes black for a bit then you're back at the same screen again? I haven't been able to play since Season 8 launched and there are apparently thousands of posts about this on the Respawn forums and Respawn just doesn't give a poo poo.

Shame to have to give up on this otherwise extremely fun and good game because it just doesn't work for some people.

e: lol apparently the fix is "create a new EA account" choke on fetid poo poo and die respawn

In the thousands of posts there's a workaround for PC where you limit your connection speed as you connect - the exact speed depends people have had to play around with it - close a bunch of notifications as quickly as you can before the game boots you, then remove the limit and it may work. Your mileage may vary. Detailed here.