Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Equeen posted:

only zack could make batman do the pose of the sexy saint.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
lol

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It looks like the ending will the original ending. During the Q & A session, someone asked Snyder how close ZSJL is to the original JL that he filmed. He said that ZSJL is exactly the same and it is the movie that he originally wanted to make.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Mr. Apollo posted:

It looks like the ending will the original ending. During the Q & A session, someone asked Snyder how close ZSJL is to the original JL that he filmed. He said that ZSJL is exactly the same and it is the movie that he originally wanted to make.

What's the original ending of Justice League.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

5 years later card,

Knightmare sequence

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hollismason posted:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

5 years later card,

Knightmare sequence

Yeah, here’s the storyboard that Jim Lee drew for it:

After the victory over Steppenwolf, the League is shown united and happy. The screen fades to black and then we get this:

Five years later.

Sand dunes. Smoldering solar pits. Gothic spires rising from the desert. Once, this was Gotham. Now, like the rest of the Earth, it belongs to Darkseid.

Coming over the dune, post apocalyptic Batman (as seen in BvS), with a ragtag army of rebels – the surviving members of the Justice League walk over the rise of a dune to see the dilapidated Wayne Manor. Batman leads them. Flash drags what’s left of Cyborg behind him. Bruce looks up to the sky, grimly, “We need to get inside before night. He’s coming.”

End Part One

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It sounds like it might be expanded but yeah

That's what I expected after Leto Joker

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Still need to watch the panel from today, but I'm honestly a little disappointed by the news of the ending. I'd prefer if it came to some kind of concrete conclusion since I am extremely skeptical that we will ever get a follow up

Those images are cool as hell tho

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I agree; given that this whole film almost didn't exist, it's not likely that sequels will either unless this thing goes ballistic. Which it might, you never know. And God knows you can see plenty of fanboys crowding around any announcement and getting hashtags trending like kpop stans, so it's got promotion in its favour. But I'd hoped the budget and reshoots were at least partially to give it a conclusive ending, and another cliffhanger will be a disappointment.

I also was thinking, after making Superman movies for the better part of a decade surely Snyder himself is fed up of it by now, and would like to actually wrap it up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair that kind of ending is basically the only way to build hype for a sequel. It is a gamble but what isn't

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
#GreenlightTheSnyderSequel

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

#GreenlightTheSnyderSequel

I've seen #RestoreTheSnyderverse on some ZSJL-supportive tweets lately.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm glad Snyder is making the movie with the ending he wanted and not changing it due to WB's decisions.

I'm also glad that it ending on a cliffhanger will probably mean WB's twitter accounts will continue to get bombarded by Snyder Cut fans.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope if that is all true they greenlight an animated movie

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I just want closure :negative:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that kind of ending is basically the only way to build hype for a sequel. It is a gamble but what isn't

I don't think it has a prayer of happening... but if it builds any hype at all it'll make the suits at WB look like idiots who killed their golden goose. That has satisfaction of its own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McCloud posted:

I just want closure :negative:

My friend let me tell you about a little franchise called Shenmue...

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think it has a prayer of happening... but if it builds any hype at all it'll make the suits at WB look like idiots who killed their golden goose. That has satisfaction of its own.

I feel the same way. I think the suits agreeing to put a not insubstantial amount of money into completing/marketing Justice League is partially meant to repair the working relationship with Snyder, so I'm fully ready to be brainwashed by the forthcoming The Fountainhead adaptation.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

LesterGroans posted:

I'm glad Snyder is making the movie with the ending he wanted and not changing it due to WB's decisions.

I'm also glad that it ending on a cliffhanger will probably mean WB's twitter accounts will continue to get bombarded by Snyder Cut fans.

Oh yeah, that'll be kind of fun

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Schwarzwald posted:

Every possible outcome is extremely funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KVeezy3 posted:

I feel the same way. I think the suits agreeing to put a not insubstantial amount of money into completing/marketing Justice League is partially meant to repair the working relationship with Snyder, so I'm fully ready to be brainwashed by the forthcoming The Fountainhead adaptation.

To be fair I feel like this wouldn't have happened if not for COVID because "restore the Snyder cut" probably is a more cost effective way, even considering the costs, to get something new out and use it to promote their home service since they decided to go All In on that. At very least it seems like it'd be significantly harder to do a sequel considering everything unless it does so absurdly well Snyder can demand people be cast no matter what. (Which to be honest is pretty unlikely because it's a home-streaming service movie that at least a portion of people have a vested interest in hating no matter what.)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair I feel like this wouldn't have happened if not for COVID because "restore the Snyder cut" probably is a more cost effective way, even considering the costs, to get something new out and use it to promote their home service since they decided to go All In on that. At very least it seems like it'd be significantly harder to do a sequel considering everything unless it does so absurdly well Snyder can demand people be cast no matter what. (Which to be honest is pretty unlikely because it's a home-streaming service movie that at least a portion of people have a vested interest in hating no matter what.)

As I recall the decision to RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT was made before the pandemic hit. Negotiations began in November I think, and they were gearing up to get the work done just when the pandemic hit. Which was a blessing in disguise for the vfx folks at least.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

And yeah there's no way they'd do an actual film sequel.

I could buy that they'd do a mini series though...

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

During the Q & A, Snyder that in his original plan, JL2 would have been set almost completely in the Knightmare world.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

A more practical outcome here for the resolution of the saga may be a comic book adaptation, which means we'll all have to post in BSS.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

KVeezy3 posted:

A more practical outcome here for the resolution of the saga may be a comic book adaptation, which means we'll all have to post in BSS.

Snyder said himself he would investigate options for a comics continuation, which would be the first trade I buy in years.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Snyder said himself he would investigate options for a comics continuation, which would be the first trade I buy in years.

Pretty cool, and I can't imagine an easier medium for him to transition to - far moreso than the limits of television.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 28, 2021

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Pirate Jet posted:

If the comics do well there's a decent chance WB makes an animated adaptation years later, which would be even funnier.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I rather have a movie.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Jimbot posted:

I rather have a movie.

Then you better get them twitter hashtags going.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I rather have a movie.

I would too, but I think comics are the best case scenario barring some ludicrous scenario where HBO Max doubles its subscriptions in March.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I'm not a comic person so that'd be a bust for me - couldn't care less.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pirate Jet posted:

I would too, but I think comics are the best case scenario barring some ludicrous scenario where HBO Max doubles its subscriptions in March.

Like I said, animated movie I think is possible. Cheaper than a feature, maybe even can get the cast.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/srinath819/status/1365742389835431936?s=19

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://film.avclub.com/zack-snyders-justice-league-ends-on-massive-cliffhange-1846373611

What is with these people? "I'm going to report on this event with most snarky, condescending and unpleasant manner possible!"

Why are a subsection of people who dislike these films so completely unpleasant? You like what you like so could you at least write with the knowledge that some people out there like these films and don't need to have their yums yucked?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Pissing people off drives clicks too.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Jimbot posted:

https://film.avclub.com/zack-snyders-justice-league-ends-on-massive-cliffhange-1846373611

What is with these people? "I'm going to report on this event with most snarky, condescending and unpleasant manner possible!"

Why are a subsection of people who dislike these films so completely unpleasant? You like what you like so could you at least write with the knowledge that some people out there like these films and don't need to have their yums yucked?

It's The AV Club. It started as The Onion's entertainment and arts section. "Snarky" has been their default tone for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Clickhole just hasn't been the same since another company bought it.