Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I find the pills don’t work particularly well as pills. I’ve had luck grinding them and adding them as a powder during cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i take like 3x the dose. its an endogenous enzyme, worst that can happen isnt much

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I find the pills don’t work particularly well as pills. I’ve had luck grinding them and adding them as a powder during cooking.

I recently found out that if you grind up two of the pills and put them into a gallon of milk you'll have lactose free milk the next day. So much cheaper than buying lactose free milk.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is actually literally how they make lactose free milk

except w cheaper lactases

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I really hate people with stumpy feet. I can't stand them, what with the way that the don't have the 5 little protuberences that normal people have coming out of the ends of their feet.

I guess you could say I am lack toes intolerant.

:dadjoke:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

this is actually literally how they make lactose free milk

except w cheaper lactases

You forgot the most important step of making lactose free milk, doubling the price.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

I really hate people with stumpy feet. I can't stand them, what with the way that the don't have the 5 little protuberences that normal people have coming out of the ends of their feet.

I guess you could say I am lack toes intolerant.

:dadjoke:

Work yard, play sard.jpeg:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I'm the grown man drinking a glass of milk.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

withak posted:

Very America

My chud boss only drinks whole milk and heinekens

(Not together)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

am American, can confirm milk is pretty good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

withak posted:

americans only drink milk from cows with a big thurl width. It's in the god damndd constitution

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Americans aren't even in the top ten :smuggo:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

withak posted:

SOY BOY SPOTTED!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I wasn't expecting this thread to take a turn that lead to pages of discussion of cum and why milk is bad.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i can tell if a person drinks an insane amount of milk by smell and its a strong differentiator betw european and american white adults

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Do it ironically posted:

Instead of just not taking in lactose, take a pill that might not work 100% instead of drinking an animal free alternative! Capitalism!

The animal-free "alternatives" are hot garbage, much like your posting.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i can tell if a person drinks an insane amount of milk by smell and its a strong differentiator betw european and american white adults

Milk or "milk"?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

withak posted:

I'm the grown man so insecure he wouldn't be able to drink a glass of milk.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Thread about Americans delivers on cum and milk. Now we just need someone to come in and say that they are trans and/or gay and we have a perfect score.

Here is Americana.avi: https://youtu.be/eX_k5_egUAo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mzuri posted:

Thread about Americans delivers on cum and milk. Now we just need someone to come in and say that they are trans and/or gay and we have a perfect score.

I am gay irl

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

steinrokkan posted:

The animal-free "alternatives" are hot garbage, much like your posting.

Are you a farmer lmao gently caress off with your lovely animal abuse milk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

more like

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Do it ironically posted:

Are you a farmer lmao gently caress off with your lovely animal abuse milk

Lol at the vegan on their high horse. Do you really think milking oats is better? Their poor tiny nipples get all chafed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm not contributing so pot/kettle etc. but as entertaining as people arguing about milk is I think the thread was a little better when actual Americana pictures were being posted. The guy posting cow catalogs was great but the ensuing discussion about the morality of milk not as much

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

teardrop posted:

Lol at the vegan on their high horse. Do you really think milking oats is better? Their poor tiny nipples get all chafed

Tell me more about how much the oats suffer

Tell me slowly

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Many years ago when I was driving from NH to AZ, I stopped at any tourist trappy thing that wasn't expensive, especially in the boring west-of-the-Mississippi states

This included the Petroleum Museum in Midland Texas (home of presidents!)

It was actually really cool despite being a barely-disguised advertisement for the fossil fuel companies that funded it

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
What's more "Americana" than '70s boomer rock?

Unironically wanna hear them

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Many years ago when I was driving from NH to AZ, I stopped at any tourist trappy thing that wasn't expensive, especially in the boring west-of-the-Mississippi states

This included the Petroleum Museum in Midland Texas (home of presidents!)

It was actually really cool despite being a barely-disguised advertisement for the fossil fuel companies that funded it

That place was pretty cool. Did they still have the big oil derrick spewing plastic stuff everywhere? That's all I can remember from it but that was like 20 years ago.

also lol at "facts and fantasies about oil and gas"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember about the toyl spill but lol

Friend posted:

also lol at "facts and fantasies about oil and gas"
FACT: OIL IS VERY VERY GOOD
FANTASY: CLIMATE CHANGE

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Man, I love me some good americana. It's always been a dream of mine to visit the US and just spend like a solid 6 months or so traveling around, seeing the sights and experience all the varied weirdness it has to offer. Maybe in 10 years or so.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Taeke posted:

Man, I love me some good americana. It's always been a dream of mine to visit the US and just spend like a solid 6 months or so traveling around, seeing the sights and experience all the varied weirdness it has to offer. Maybe in 10 years or so.

lmao. 10 years? You'll be lucky if canada's not a smoking crater also by then

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Taeke posted:

Hello friend

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good luck Rawhide

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

DreadUnknown posted:

The McKay/McKinley tower is one of two tall buildings to survive the 64 earthquake, the other being the Inlet Tower Hotel. I worked there as an night audit person for a few years, which was a truly horrible job.
I've been in the remodeled apartments in the McKay building, and they are pretty swanky but also hella expensive.

Yeah, my ex-wife was also a night person at Inlet Tower for a while. Small world.

Telsa Cola posted:

These?

I just looked at the apartments and they look like absolute garbage, won't argue on the expensivie part though for that quality.

I guess they are only showing the small 1 bedroom ones though.

Also they couldn't be bothered to rename the photos in their gallery so it's literally things like "Mother-son", "couch", "cat" and the name of the camera.

Yeah McKinley/McKay's "Swanky" apartments are multi-bedroom long termer's that got in early and aren't leaving. The building also charges a premium because it's one of the best residential views in the city, with the north/west sides looking out over the inlet all the way to McKinley/Denali on clear days, and the south/east sides with a full view of the city all the way to the hillside and beyond. Also housing downtown is loving insane, with studios that haven't been updated since the 1970's going for $2000 or more a month.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mzuri posted:

Hi, im gay. Also, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of LGBTQ people in here but it's not like we're all announcing ourselves when we post. I'm not sure what queer folk have to do with Americana. We're not exactly popular in "the Heartland".

Yuli Ban posted:

What's more "Americana" than '70s boomer rock?

Unironically wanna hear them

Oh man, there are so many weird outsider bands that are peak Americana and I love them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nkJquHnAU

This one is kind of :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt3S_98Jbx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5T2kaFiFgg

feller
Jul 5, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Hi, im gay. Also, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of LGBTQ people in here but it's not like we're all announcing ourselves when we post. I'm not sure what queer folk have to do with Americana. We're not exactly popular in "the Heartland".

i;m gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

We're all gay down here.