Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Acerbatus posted:

I don't think there is a main menu theme in a game that goes as hard as hellsinker's second main menu theme

The file select music in PSO Episode 3 is way better than it has any right to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77GWTi9mlDk

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol what the hell

Tim Follin is the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Hly3W7164

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh its Tim, makes sense

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

is Gundam g reco good? i haven't heard anything about it

raraiya is good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coxswain Balls posted:

The file select music in PSO Episode 3 is way better than it has any right to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77GWTi9mlDk

Tim Follin is the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Hly3W7164

Man I love PSO, I should try one of the original Phantasy Star games sometime.

Episode 3 was so weird but I did play a ton of it. I was devastated when my gamecube memory card was corrupted. :negative:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Phantasy Star Universe was like a weird fever dream anime game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora posted:

is Gundam g reco good? i haven't heard anything about it

its vibe is pretty unlike most other gundam shows and some of its plot gets a bit chopped down at the end, but it has lots of funny gags and really stunning visual design and most of its characters are fun

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
g gundam reco

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the gundam reco-mmendation thread

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
reco's roughnecks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

G Reco-Roman

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Gundam Geico

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Greco Romundam wrestling

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is also everyone making the same joke for a page

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah this thread sucks

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Acerbatus posted:

Episode 3 was so weird but I did play a ton of it. I was devastated when my gamecube memory card was corrupted. :negative:

Play phantasy star 4. It's a modern classic.

The original PS is a slog, PS2 dungeons are way too windy, and PS3 had a lot of promise but needed a lot of fleshing out and there are too many gddm random encounters.

I think they could really write a good 72 episode epic with PS3's premise, but the amount of material produced is like 3 or 4 episodes of content.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The ps3 lp in the lp archive is really good and a better way to spend your time than actually playing ps3. That said, the intro text crawl and music is really good.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I say we can start again
We're on the saaaaaame ship
It's called Star-Ship EEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTHHHHHHH

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not that I take Twitter Discourse seriously, but I find it kinda sad people seem to be flipping out over some shortstack instead of being happy KyoAni's put together their first show since the attack.

sb hermit posted:

The original PS is a slog, PS2 dungeons are way too windy, and PS3 had a lot of promise but needed a lot of fleshing out and there are too many gddm random encounters.

I think they could really write a good 72 episode epic with PS3's premise, but the amount of material produced is like 3 or 4 episodes of content.

Will keep that in mind :tipshat:

Is that Aikatsu? I think I recognized something for once. :unsmith:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 1, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

this is also everyone making the same joke for a page

You should ask jeffrey for your money back

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jeffrey 'epstein' of yospos

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Acerbatus posted:

I really want to play PSO2 but I have other things I need to do before I let it inevitably take over my life for a couple months if not more.

Anything stored on my Dreamcast VMUs are probably long dead but I wonder if the saves on my Gamecube cards are still intact. My PSO-World account is still around which I think is even older than this one.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpqU92gormc

Like, this was the music for the deck building screen, I could listen to this for hours while doing tedious work (like building a card deck) and feel motivated to keep going.

PSU was alright but it didn't feel like it captured the magic of the original. From what I hear PSO2 is closer to the mark, and hopefully my 2013 PC will be able to play the updated version they're coming out with.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You don't actually play PSO2, you spend money to get outfits and then sit in the salon making new looks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

chumbler posted:

You don't actually play Warframe, you spend money to get outfits and then sit in the salon making new looks.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MMO's being fancy dress up games is the best part! *eyes various FFXIV Mog station outfits*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is also true, in part because guns are decorations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stwoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And as an apology for that...

https://twitter.com/moiwool/status/1152962130972311558?s=20

https://twitter.com/wacom/status/979353488458166274?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
me when someone just posts "Anime." in anime chat thread for the 69th time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzu4721Cvw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

same but i just think about that album a lot, in general

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
NICE TANOSHII DESU
ENJOY COMFY

homeless snail posted:

same but i just think about that album a lot, in general

its got so many classics, big fan of cheese bakudan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

HBO.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Handing out a new mandate for the chat thread. From now on, if your planned and submitted post is going to consist of a single word, optionally with a period at the end, and that word is the name of a form of entertainment that is confusing to leave on its own outside the structure of a sentence, you are requested to follow it up with "To understand this meaning, first I must explain the premise of the 1987 movie, and later TV show, Harry and the Hendersons." Please also provide an appropriate description of the cast and plot of Harry and the Hendersons. I hope we can all adhere to this new guideline, and ensure thoughtful and productive posting in the future. :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sb hermit posted:

PS1 is less of a slog than 2/3, especially the Switch version. 2 is a kinda daring game in a bunch of ways but gently caress me is it ever like, BOF2 levels of "gently caress you". I love it anyway.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

kirbysuperstar posted:

PS1 is less of a slog than 2/3, especially the Switch version. 2 is a kinda daring game in a bunch of ways but gently caress me is it ever like, BOF2 levels of "gently caress you". I love it anyway.

I assume BOF2 is Breath of Fire 2. I've never gotten into the BOF games... I think the last entry for the console market was in the Playstation 2 era?

They should have released the Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star 1 and 2 for the non-japanese market, they look incredible.

Also, this is worth saying just in case...

Acerbatus posted:

Will keep that in mind :tipshat:

:toot:

PS4 does not rely at all on any of the lore from previous installments and explains things when they are relevant. There are tidbits here and there for the fanboys but it easily stands on its own.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

Handing out a new mandate for the chat thread. From now on, if your planned and submitted post is going to consist of a single word, optionally with a period at the end, and that word is the name of a form of entertainment that is confusing to leave on its own outside the structure of a sentence, you are requested to follow it up with "To understand this meaning, first I must explain the premise of the 1987 movie, and later TV show, Harry and the Hendersons." Please also provide an appropriate description of the cast and plot of Harry and the Hendersons. I hope we can all adhere to this new guideline, and ensure thoughtful and productive posting in the future. :)
Western Animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AMC.

To understand this meaning, first I must explain the premise of the 1987 movie, and later TV show, Harry and the Hendersons.

In the series, George and Nancy were an upwardly mobile two-career couple, with the former working for a sporting goods company. George eventually launched his own magazine, The Better Life, late in the second season. Initially helping the Hendersons with Harry's care, and Sasquatch research, was Walter Potter, a biologist working for the Department of Animal Control. Also seen early on were the Glicks, neighbors of the Hendersons; Samantha was a pretty, young single mother and reporter, and Tiffany was her precocious little girl, a classmate of Ernie's who had an obvious crush on him. Samantha, Tiffany, and Walter were all written out after the first season, but the aspect of having a girl next door who chased after Ernie was retained through a new character, Darcy Payne, for the 1991–92 season. Darcy was more annoying than her predecessor, and spent all her waking hours trying to make the Hendersons' young son hers. However, she did catch on to the fact that the family was hiding a bigfoot, and had several close encounters with Harry; fortunately, Darcy disappeared from the show before she could have exposed the secret about him. Nancy's younger brother Brett, a photographer, moved in with the Hendersons in the second season, and was also sworn to secrecy about Harry. When George began The Better Life in the spring of 1992, Brett was hired as the publication's chief photographer and a financial beneficiary.

The following year brought many changes, as in the season premiere Harry's existence was accidentally exposed. Just as the Hendersons feared he would be captured by the government and possibly killed, he was rather embraced by the public and received overnight regional fame. For a while, Harry had to adjust to a high-profile life full of exhibition and additional scientific studies, but at the same time the entire family got used to resting more comfortably now that they did not have to hide the big creature from view anymore. Hilton, a friend of Ernie's and the son of a local police chief, joined the cast in the third season.

The TV series credits contains an artistic representation of key scenes from the film.

The Arrival (12 Jan. 1991)
TV Episode | 30 min | Comedy, Family, Fantasy

The Henderson family return from their vacation and find out they took an eight foot sasquatch named Harry with them. They decide to nurse him, and they end up letting him stay with them.

The Day After (19 Jan. 1991)

Harry's need for attention takes its toll on the Hendersons, especially George, who bigfoot-sits while preparing a work assignment.

Cool (26 Jan. 1991)

Harry feels uncomfortable in the Henderson home so he decides to run away.

Harry Goes Home (2 Feb. 1991)

The family takes Harry back to the woods, only to discover that his home territory has been clearcut. Meanwhile, Ernie doesn't want Harry to go away.

Whose Forest Is It Anyway? (9 Feb. 1991)

The family takes Harry back to the woods, only to discover that his home territory has been clearcut. Meanwhile, Ernie doesn't want Harry to go away.

The Father-Son Game (16 Feb. 1991)

George recruits Ken Griffey Jr. in a plan to spark Ernie's interest in baseball.

Baggin' the Big One (23 Feb. 1991)

A British explorer, the son of a famous hunter, wants to outshine his father. In order to do that, he plans to bag Harry.

Harry the Hero (2 Mar. 1991)

The Hendersons try to close down an animal research lab after finding an escapee, a scruffy dog, on their doorstep.

Roots: The Herb (9 Mar. 1991)

Harry and a Native American medicine man try to cure George's knee but he is reckless.

The Mentor (16 Mar. 1991)

The only doctor who can help a dying Harry is an elderly anthropologist whose theories about Bigfoot were stamped out.

The Bodyguard (23 Mar. 1991)

Ernie uses Harry's formidable size and strength in a plan to retrieve a pair of sneakers taken by the school bully.

Harry and the Homeless Man (6 Apr. 1991)

Harry befriends a homeless intruder who reveals that he built the Hendersons' house. Meanwhile, the Hendersons are celebrating a birthday.

Harry Goes Ape (20 Apr. 1991)

A football legend visits the Hendersons' house along with his wife who is wearing a fur. Harry thinks that the fur is a dead person and decides to bury it.

Pet Psychic (27 Apr. 1991)

When Harry hides Nancy's diamond ring, the Hendersons ask a pet psychic to read Harry's mind.

The Bigfoot Who Ate Seattle (4 May 1991)

A monster film director wants a permission from the Hendersons to use Harry in one of his films.

Harry, the Masked Wrestler (11 May 1991)

George asks wrestler "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan to judge a benefit match featuring the debut of reluctant wrestler "Bigfoot Man."

When Harry Met Sammy (18 May 1991)

When Tiffany brings Harry home, George and Nancy tell Samantha the truth, whetting her appetite for a good news story.

Harry and the Cheerleaders (25 May 1991)

When three Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders come to town on a mascot search, Ernie dreams that he loses his pal Harry to stardom.

The Ransom of Bigfoot (21 Sep. 1991)

Harry is home alone and left to the fate of two burglars who think a Bigfoot might draw a big reward.

Retrospective (28 Sep. 1991)

While the Hendersons prepare for Harry's first birthday party, they recall some of their memorable moments since his arrival.

The Terror of the Trees (5 Oct. 1991)

While on a camping trip with his son and his co-worker, George is nervous because the co-worker keeps on playing pranks and later mistakes Harry for a monster.

Sara Sings the Blues (12 Oct. 1991)

Sarah is chosen to sing at the school dance with a new student but hesitates when she learns that he's blind.

Mom (19 Oct. 1991)

Nancy welcomes the arrival of her pregnant sister, unaware that another arrival is soon to follow.

Halloween (2 Nov. 1991)

It's Halloween and Harry finally has a chance to get out. However, the Hendersons' neighbour, who is allergic to animal hair, becomes suspicious of Harry's "costume."

Brett Hits Home (9 Nov. 1991)

While George competes with an obnoxious co-worker for a promotion, Nancy's brother Brett moves in at home and is forced to contend with Harry.

George's White Light (16 Nov. 1991)

George examines his life after he's trapped in a steam room and, in a heat-induced delirium, sees God. He decides to quit his job.

Working Stiffs (23 Nov. 1991)

George's decision to quit his job and launch a magazine rockets the rest of the Hendersons into the job market.

The Love Mask (11 Jan. 1992)

Brett thinks a primitive mask can cure his ailing love life by casting a spell on Darcy's Swedish au pair Uma, and it seems to work; but his date with her is spoiled by Harry, who is strangely obsessed with the mask as well.

The Blue Parrot (18 Jan. 1992)

When Harry sets Ernie's pet parrot free, George and Nancy go shopping for a quick replacement.

Winning (25 Jan. 1992)

Angered at the foul attitude of Ernie's baseball coach, Nancy meets his challenge and strikes out on her own as a coach.

Til Theft Do Us Part (1 Feb. 1992)

The Hendersons suspect that all that glisters is not gold but their missing silver when Brett suddenly comes into a large sum of money.

The Genius (8 Feb. 1992)

Harry scores high on Ernie's IQ test, which changes the way that everyone relates to Ernie, especially when his teacher Ms. Hall comes to visit and encounters Harry.

Wild Things (15 Feb. 1992)

The Hendersons are shaken when Harry, fearing impending danger, traps them and a menagerie of forest friends inside their home.

Fatherhood (22 Feb. 1992)

In a case of mistaken identity, a baby is left on the doorstep with a note claiming that Brett is the father.

Sara Spills the Bigfoot Beans (29 Feb. 1992)

Sarah jeopardizes the Hendersons' secret and her love life when she invites her boyfriend to dinner.

Moonlighting (21 Mar. 1992)

Nancy moonlights as an aid to a foreign official and suspects his possession of a chimpanzee is on the dark side of the law.

The Green Eyed Bigfoot (28 Mar. 1992)

Harry's friendship with Brett, and George's interview with a beautiful author, set off a wave of jealousy in the Henderson household.

The Ichthyologist (4 Apr. 1992)

George tries to help his cousin, who broke the law trying to save a polluted lake and its fish population.

Selling Out (25 Apr. 1992)

A businessman offers to buy George's magazine but the buyer's vision of yellow journalism makes George see red.

The Girl Who Cried Bigfoot (2 May 1992)

Darcy discovers the Hendersons' secret and her parents, who doubt her story, send for a psychiatrist.

The Busybody (9 May 1992)

A tabloid prints stories about a dangerous Bigfoot and turns the Hendersons' public life into a nightmare.

I Got Your Birthday Right Here (16 May 1992)

Nancy takes a seat as vice principal at Sara's school, which doesn't sit well with Sara and Lorraine.

Yo Richie! (19 Sep. 1992)

Nancy's friend visits with her nephew, a boy who gives mischief a bad name.

The Candidate (26 Sep. 1992)

When George's friend is bullied from a political race, George finds a write-in candidate: a Bigfoot with a pristine past.

The Bride and the Gloom (3 Oct. 1992)

Darcy's scheme to have her housekeeper deported goes awry when the woman finds herself a husband: Brett.

Born Again (31 Oct. 1992)

The Hendersons plan a weekend of laid-back happenings for Nancy and Brett's visiting mother, only to find she would rather party.

The Old Bigfoot (7 Nov. 1992)

Harry brings home an old Bigfoot, so the family consults Dr. Arnesen, who concludes he is preparing to die. Darcy introduces Brad to gorgeous Kate but tells him that she only likes brainy boys.

The Outing (14 Nov. 1992)

The media and an animal control officer discover Harry so the family turn to sleazy talk show host Tony Lane for help.

Harry Henderson National Park (21 Nov. 1992)

With Harry's existence made public, the neighborhood is flooded with tourists, prompting angry residents to legally force Harry out.

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (2 Jan. 1993)

While the Hendersons prepare for Harry's first birthday party, they recall some of their memorable moments since his arrival.

Blood Is Thicker Than Karma (23 Jan. 1993)

Family ties unravel when George's brother visits and turns the Henderson home into a New Age shrine for Harry.

Pitch, Pitch, Pitch (30 Jan. 1993)

Nancy finds stardom when she's asked to be in a commercial. In her absence, the family finds out how much they need her.

Harry, the Mascot (6 Feb. 1993)

Hoping to join the "cool" contingent at school, Ernie arranges for Harry to be school mascot for Madison Junior High.

The Big Kiss Off (13 Feb. 1993)

Everyone is skeptical when Brett's long lost wife shows up after leaving him to pursue a movie career.

The Frenchman (20 Feb. 1993)

A French linguist studying Harry's speech speaks the language of romance to Sara and that translates into trouble.

Laid Up (27 Feb. 1993)

George and Harry become hospital roommates when Harry visits George and drops a television set on his foot.

Harrywood Babylon (6 Mar. 1993)

When Harry frightens shoppers, Brett sets out to change Harry's public image but the documentary on Harry that he produces demeans the family.

Witness (13 Mar. 1993)

The Hendersons' lives are put in danger when Harry sees a philanthropist commit murder.

Harry the Hostage (20 Mar. 1993)

Murder witness Harry becomes a target but Nancy devises a daring plan to stop the murderer.

The Ex-Terminator (27 Mar. 1993)

Nancy's fear of a mouse prompts George to hire an exterminator while Harry tries to protect his fellow creature.

Beauty and the Beast (3 Apr. 1993)

When Sara's stage production of "Beauty and the Beast" lacks an actor to play the Beast, George gets an idea and Harry becomes Sara's co-star.

Big Feet, Small Minds (10 Apr. 1993)

George is challenged by his church when he writes an article about Harry suggesting that he is the missing link between apes and humans, which leads to a boycott of "A Better Life".

Surf's Down (17 Apr. 1993)

George learns that shore waters are being polluted by a construction company owned by his friend and biggest advertiser.

Follow Your Art (24 Apr. 1993)

When Sara considers enrolling at an arts college 200 miles away, an overprotective George has trouble letting go.

Them Bones (1 May 1993)

When George makes the "archaeological discovery of the century," he sees a chance to spend time with his dad, an amateur geologist with the emotions of a rock.

The Three Faces of Brett (8 May 1993)

Ernie and Harry find a book of sorcery and cast a spell on Brett that makes him assume others' personalities.

Ernie Confidential (15 May 1993)

Ernie explains his moussed hair and missed classes as follows: "I'm a man now. I've got my own trail to blaze." However, in the path of every pubescent pioneer is a protective mother.

Uncle Mack Comes Back (22 May 1993)

George's great-uncle from Scotland arrives to settle his affairs and die, which he does, but his ghost has some unsettled business

Skin Deep (29 May 1993)

Brett can't seem to choose between a witty waitress who wants a commitment and a more voluptuous cosmetician who doesn't demand commitment because, as Nancy says, "it has three syllables."

The Write Stuff (5 Jun. 1993)

A publisher rejects George's book about Harry. In a retrospective, we get another look at the past.

The Long Goodbyes: Part 1 (12 Jun. 1993)

Tefta pines for Brett, who loves Mary. Meanwhile, Yetta and Harry pine for one another but they need to avoid a customs agent.

The Long Goodbyes: Part 2 (19 Jun. 1993)

In the series finale, the Henderson family decides to help Harry and his dear Yetta to move to a cave in the woods. Tefta pines for Brett, who loves Mary.